Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? (62504 Views)

South East: Why Solution To Monday Sit-at-home Remains Elusive / Akeredolu: Withdrawal Of Army Checkpoints Is Targeted At Amotekun / Remove Army Checkpoints In South-East - Ohanaeze Youths Tell General Attahiru (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by Igbodicool(m): 8:50pm On Dec 29, 2020
A Generation that will end this nonsense is coming. Then Nigeria will finally cease to exist in the east.
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by UNUKHASO: 8:57pm On Dec 29, 2020
YOU NEVER TELL THE TRUTH EHN,THE UNIFORM MEN ON YOUR FACE ARE WHICH TRIBE; ARE YOU SURE THEY ARE NOT SOUTHEAST INDIGENES.BECAUSE I CANNOT BELIEVE SOMEONE WILL ABANDONED INSURGENCY,HERDSMEN, BH,AND FOREIGN TERRORIST GROUP IN IS STATE AND BE HAPPY EXTORTING MONEY ON THE NORTHEAST AXIS WHERE THE BUSINESS IS SAFE
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by RuddyFusion(m): 9:27pm On Dec 29, 2020
Logan23:

Leave eastern representatives outta this n face ur govt
they are the government.,.part of government and in government
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by omachas: 9:31pm On Dec 29, 2020
Sampson Uche Oga rather than condemn the anomaly commend president Buhari for this.According to him it has attracted investors to the south east.
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by piyoo91: 9:56pm On Dec 29, 2020
PDJT:
-Biafraland is an occupied territory by Nigerians and their forces. Today, we might not have an Ojukwu or a standing Army but one day we shall fight back through other means.

-Many of those armed robbers(Army, Police and FRSC) you saw on the road gave massive bribes in Abuja to be posted to our land of milk and honey. Those lazy fuckkers can’t survive without our money, neither can Nigerians.
bro, is not true! Most of those police and frsc officers you saw are indigeneous people of southeast...you guys are dubious and unhonest people
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by Emzenoz(m): 10:00pm On Dec 29, 2020
Benin to Lagos reach 1000
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by merits(m): 10:03pm On Dec 29, 2020
BIGPREEQ:
Why Is This So In The South East?? I Need Explanation

So today I decided to travel to Owerri from onitsha for a business meeting, the journey was meant to be a 1hr30min journey or less, but the check point for such short distance was sooo much!!

Like literally every 1km of the road has checkpoint, it's so bad that from a particular check point, you can basically see another check point ahead.

Ranging from the Army to the police to FRSC. Basically every force is on the road and all of them including the army were collecting bribe from the drivers. I actually felt bad for the drivers because it was too much. I felt really disgusted as well because I expected them to distinguish themselves but no they didn't.

I guess this is why the transport rate here is on the high side.

Now I've spent 4hrs on the road due to traffic induced by these forces from blockage of the road

Last week I came back from Abuja to Anambra and the check point were few across the north and I kept wondering.

Is there insurgency in the SE or is the crime rate high here or what exactly is the cause of this excess checkpoints / extortion points

Who fit dare dreaded north? you want make bandits klll or kidnap them for ransom.SE leaders in government are heartless and useless.all what they care for,is their own pocket not for there people.

Well waiting I know seff ipob is there for them and elder kanu nnmadi.

Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by mbaise1000: 10:03pm On Dec 29, 2020
Brodello:

When is Biafra leaving?
[color=#006600]
Brodello:

When is Biafra leaving?

WHY ARE YOU AFRAID OF BIAFRA LEAVING?
now your NEXT response will be who is afraid of biafra leaving?
the people who are AFRAID of biafra leaving are those that will jump at anything biafra and start insulting kanu and IPOB and anything igbo even when whatever is discussed doesn't even concern them
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Dec 29, 2020
Paxxcarl:
your**

go back to school you piece of shit.
am done with you fool
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Dec 29, 2020
DarkJeddi:
Lol..
Northern Metropolis?
How many percentage of Northerners live in Northern Metropolis?
So it is the East that is not enjoying peace,even in the Outskirts?
The forces mounting roadblocks in the East are after their pockets and not because of any security challenges in the East..
Some of them BEGGED to be posted to the East..
Zero threat to their lives,maximum extortion of motorists,what else is more ideal than that? shocked

bro talk true

you know the streets in most part of the east are not save from Cultist, robbers, kidnappers etc,,,, that is why there too many roadblocks, but however I know the security personnel might be compromising
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Dec 29, 2020
RuMiRgO1stSon:

wella than the north? sometimes we need to be telling our self the truth.
yea, north own is beyond ordinarily and its only in the outskirts of the towns
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Dec 29, 2020
andrewmeddy8:

am done with you fool
just like i was done with your mum fool
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by judejamy(m): 10:45pm On Dec 29, 2020
From Ahiara junction Mbaise to Fire service bustop Owerri, we have checkpoints at
Hydro (NNPC petrol station?)
Uzo ano (Sky run elect.)
Zerock ( before big tyre junction)
Enyiogugu Sec sch
Heartland FM radio station
Mount Carmel parish Emekuku
Before Shop rite junction Egbu road.

Passenger plying through Owerri - Mbaise - Umuahia can tell u better
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by inyenejo(m): 11:05pm On Dec 29, 2020
From Abia to Akwa Ibom state is by far the worst, any road u take, more than 10 checkpoints in every half kilometre.
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by Vivuch: 11:48pm On Dec 29, 2020
BIGPREEQ:

So today I decided to travel to Owerri from onitsha for a business meeting, the journey was meant to be a 1hr30min journey or less, but the check point for such short distance was sooo much!!

Like literally every 1km of the road has checkpoint, it's so bad that from a particular check point, you can basically see another check point ahead.

Ranging from the Army to the police to FRSC. Basically every force is on the road and all of them including the army were collecting bribe from the drivers. I actually felt bad for the drivers because it was too much. I felt really disgusted as well because I expected them to distinguish themselves but no they didn't.

Now I've spent 4hrs on the road due to traffic induced by these forces from blockage of the road

Last week I came back from Abuja to Anambra and the check point were few across the north and I kept wondering.

Is there insurgency in the SE or is the crime rate high here or what exactly is the cause of this excess checkpoints / extortion points
Instead of them to focus on the North were terrorist and Bandits have turned to human Abattoir, they brought them to east incase Biafra happens.
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by kabillionaire(m): 12:02am On Dec 30, 2020
that trip from Onitsha to Owerri that's taking you only 4 hrs that you're complaining,
remove those checkpoints and you'll spend the next 2 wks on the same trip if at all you survive kidnappers, armed robbers will finish the job.
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by UnBanEbenezer(f): 1:58am On Dec 30, 2020
inyenejo:
From Abia to Akwa Ibom state is by far the worst, any road u take, more than 10 checkpoints in every half kilometre.
oga that check point is necessary, my local government bothers that check point cos I'm from Obot Akara.
Armed robbers too boku for that side
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by UnBanEbenezer(f): 1:59am On Dec 30, 2020
AchalugoNwa:
my.nd44 lal.asticlala seun oa.m4j
rule 2
FuckOsuPigs is still the same person as Kyase.
they refused to learn their lesson.
he'll be fixed soon
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by AchalugoNwa(f): 2:11am On Dec 30, 2020
UnBanEbenezer:
he'll be fixed soon
lol Kyase is different
gbegile boys has his pictures and details including phone number and full name.

He's from Benue state

there's one thing I noticed about him
he no dey come politics section again
at least it's been a while now
he's only active on sports section with his friend Gbest90
well if he can avoid bigotry and hate and probably stick to his sports section I don't see why he won't be given a second chance by gbegile boys
those guys are generous and they're all about fixing trolls.
gbegile boys are monitoring his progress
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by tsdarkside(m): 2:18am On Dec 30, 2020
Paxxcarl:
you be idiot and banditry soars in the north

you did this to yourselves....you are people shouting nigeria must burn,zoo must fall....what did you await would happen....??

you allowed ipob to fool you,now you are shown the consequence....

we no pity una atall atall....
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by Gbest90(m): 5:24am On Dec 30, 2020
AchalugoNwa:

Let this certainly be the last time, you mention my moniker over such stupid and unverified posts.
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by Daydream252(m): 6:00am On Dec 30, 2020
BIGPREEQ:

We have more money at the East
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by FuckOsuPigs: 6:25am On Dec 30, 2020
UnBanEbenezer:
he'll be fixed soon

I love it when you mention my moniker. It's actually talking to you. Mr she-male grin
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by thugthang(m): 8:17am On Dec 30, 2020
chatinent:
Nice observations.

When I stayed in the north, you hardly see such. The Nigerian Government has always been against the South.
why always playing the victim card?! If I tell you the checkpoint I come across on my way from Lagos to Taraba u won't believe especially from Kogi ,Benue &Taraba. So I urge to stop fabricating lies. I doubt if u ever been to the North.
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by Kyase(m): 9:39am On Dec 30, 2020
AchalugoNwa:
lol Kyase is different
gbegile boys has his pictures and details including phone number and full name.

He's from Benue state

there's one thing I noticed about him
he no dey come politics section again
at least it's been a while now
well if he can avoid bigotry and hate and probably stick to his sports section I don't see why he won't be given a second chance by gbegile boys
those guys are generous and they're all about fixing trolls.
gbegile boys are monitoring his progress

Lol see them...
I no fit leave politics section, if you noticed me over the years, there are times I take a break in every section and move to another, sometimes I don't even comment, I just read news and move....
My picture and phone number?
Really cheesy
It's possible with my phone number because I do drop it here at times, but my pics, never.....

Finally, this December politics section dey very boring.

Complement of the season
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by Kyase(m): 9:41am On Dec 30, 2020
FuckOsuPigs:

I love it when you mention my moniker. It's actually talking to you. Mr she-male grin
You dey cause problem and Dem dey mention me ba
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by AchalugoNwa(f): 9:44am On Dec 30, 2020
Kyase:

Lol see them...
I no fit leave politics section, if you noticed me over the years, there are times I take a break in every section and move to another, sometimes I don't even comment, I just read news and move....
My picture and phone number?
Really cheesy
It's possible with my phone number because I do drop it here at times, but my pics, never.....

Finally, this December politics section dey very boring.

Complement of the season
Goodness how far cheesy
should I screenshot your FB profile and pictures
just give me the permission
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by AchalugoNwa(f): 9:47am On Dec 30, 2020
Gbest90:

Let this certainly be the last time, you mention my moniker over such stupid and unverified posts.
Gbest90 my love
greetings from gbegile first Lady kiss
Re: Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? by Nobody: 10:51am On Dec 30, 2020
RuddyFusion:
they are the government.,.part of government and in government

Nigeria is a stupid place where all powers belong to the president and he can do whatever he likes.

Nobody can stop buhari from doing whatever he likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buratai Takes A Selfie With His Pet, A Snake / Benue Indigenes React To Nnamdi Kanu's "No Biafra Without Rivers & Benue" Talk / President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.