Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (312) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs (1538684 Views)

List Of Shortlisted Candidates For NCDMB Oil And Gas Job Aptitude Test Released / NNPC Is Recruiting 2019!: GT And Experienced / NCDMB Training With Dorman Long Engineering Co (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs by SIRPET: 1:51am On May 27, 2022
From a source, it's possible... this comingweek
Pls, no crucifixion if it doesn't. bcus it's never a criminal offense to share as received..

9 Likes

Re: NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs by meetgaya: 7:04am On May 27, 2022
SIRPET:
From a source, it's possible... this week
Pls, no crucifixion if it doesn't. bcus it's never a criminal offense to share as received..

Tomorrow Saturday is the end of this week.
Fingers crossed.

3 Likes

Re: NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs by Cirochukade: 7:38am On May 27, 2022
SIRPET:
From a source, it's possible... this week
>: grin grin grin
Re: NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs by SIRPET: 8:30am On May 27, 2022
SIRPET:
From a source, it's possible... this coming week

Sorry... Next week to say.

1 Like

Re: NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs by SatB: 11:44am On May 27, 2022
SIRPET:

Sorry... Next week to say.

Once upon a time. In year 2016 both FIRS and DPR had a massive recruitment. The entire recruitment process for the 2 agencies lasted for about 26 months - of which NCDMB now lasted 23 months.

They ended up the recruitment process a year preceding an election as if it was plan.

Having said this, we shouldn't be too baffled with the current recruitment pattern. Perhaps, NCDMB wants to follow suit.

My optimism is in the fact that the ES has confirmed it to an individual whom he can't just play around with, that the recruitment would end this year (a year preceding an election). Could this be another coincidence?

With all the optimism, hope and confidence ; in God's favour and mercy we trust.

14 Likes

Re: NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs by Prowess007: 9:41am On May 28, 2022
In my own opinion, the ES may stylishly be waiting for an opportunity for such call and announcement, a time when the political tensions will be very high, when politicians would be highly distracted from this recruitment, a season when they will be fully focused on Politics.......EG...PDP and APC Primaries.
Just my guess ooo

3 Likes

Re: NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs by Eno911: 10:15am On May 28, 2022
See permutations, we pray it favors all of us.
Re: NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs by Anonymous200: 10:55pm On May 28, 2022
philipianlobbos:

NCDMB top officials are currently at Lagos Continental Hotel for the Nigerian Content Midstream and Downstream Oil and Gas Stakeholders Summit organized by Nigerian Content Development & Monitoring Board (NCDMB). Let’s see if we could get information from them once they are back in town. Isn’t a promise please.

Good evening philipianlobbos,
Please have you been able to get any information from them?
Thank you

2 Likes

Re: NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs by adeakin777: 8:45am On May 29, 2022
Eno911:
See permutations, we pray it favors all of us.

While I share your optimism, truth is that this recruitment, if ever completed, cannot favour us all. I mean realistically, they cannot select everyone. That being said, I do opine that if this recruitment were to be completed within the timeline as given by FCC it will be skewed towards those with connections rather than merit. I mean, if you look at the work experiences of those currently with NCDMB via LinkedIn, there is no possible way the final selection will be based on a series of unsupervised test, UNLESS of course the selection will be based on connections and referrals. If at any point now this recruitment were to favour those on merit list, then interviews and selection has to be done before the end of June or an extended timeline given from FCC which is unlikely seeing that everyone is pretty preoccupied with their election agendas.

1 Like

Re: NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs by bmyc: 9:14am On May 29, 2022
adeakin777:

While I share your optimism, truth is that this recruitment, if ever completed, cannot favour us all. I mean realistically, they cannot select everyone. That being said, I do opine that if this recruitment were to be completed within the timeline as given by FCC it will be skewed towards those with connections rather than merit. I mean, if you look at the work experiences of those currently with NCDMB via LinkedIn, there is no possible way the final selection will be based on a series of unsupervised test, UNLESS of course the selection will be based on connections and referrals. If at any point now this recruitment were to favour those on merit list, then interviews and selection has to be done before the end of June or an extended timeline given from FCC which is unlikely seeing that everyone is pretty preoccupied with their election agendas.

As in…………. you really know Nigeria factor when it come to recruitment
Re: NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs by aligs: 9:53am On May 29, 2022
adeakin777:

For me, body language is everything. The way NCDMB conducted the recruitment indicates their interest in a merit based exercise. If it were to be entirely based on connections and referrals, they wouldn't have bothered to advertise or wait this long to conclude the recruitment. This is the first time NCDMB is advertising the recruitment exercise and this is not the normal way they have been recruiting since inception. This is why I have hope in this recruitment exercise.
Re: NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs by scopex: 11:47am On May 29, 2022
aligs:

For me, body language is everything. The way NCDMB conducted the recruitment indicates their interest in a merit based exercise. If it were to be entirely based on connections and referrals, they wouldn't have bothered to advertise or wait this long to conclude the recruitment. This is the first time NCDMB is advertising the recruitment exercise and this is not the normal way they have been recruiting since inception. This is why I have hope in this recruitment exercise.

I know I’m digressing from the main agenda here but I’d like to ask, between NCDMB and NLNG who pays more?

Between Operator Trainee NLNG and GT NCDMB

1 Like

Re: NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs by SIRPET: 2:16pm On May 29, 2022
Some set of staff either on contact or whatsoever got APLs of full staffing in the just concluded week

1 Like

Re: NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs by Eno911: 3:01pm On May 29, 2022
Does anyone have an idea of the number of people they intend to recruit?.
Re: NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs by jasonex4(m): 3:46pm On May 29, 2022
scopex:

I know I’m digressing from the main agenda here but I’d like to ask, between NCDMB and NLNG who pays more?

Scopex go dey pray for NLNG n leave us to fight NCDMB

2 Likes

Re: NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs by meetgaya: 4:11pm On May 29, 2022
scopex:

How much is NLNG paying?

Eno911:
Does anyone have an idea of the number of people they intend to recruit?.

Someone said before that 6 from each state with 10 each from oil producing states.
Re: NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs by Eno911: 4:42pm On May 29, 2022
This one is tough oh, six from each state and ten from an oil-producing state.
Re: NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs by Eno911: 5:01pm On May 29, 2022
If we are to go by this number for each state, with all the lists we are hearing from the green,red Chambers, prominent personalities and the presidency what would be left for the common man.
Re: NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs by nasiest(m): 7:55am On May 30, 2022
I think is whatsoever actually.
SIRPET:
Some set of staff either on contact or whatsoever got APLs of full staffing in the just concluded week
Re: NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs by adeakin777: 9:49am On May 30, 2022
scopex:

From the little information I know, NLNG has a pretty competitive salary package for its full-time staff. They are pretty much in the same league with the IOCs such as Mobil, Shell, Total and the likes. Though the latter may pay higher but NLNG is pretty competitive and has a very conducive environment to work. For the operator trainees, I do not know much about their pay, however, I believe they are being employed in the capacity of being contract staff hence their pay may be considerably lower. For NCDMB, I believe many have stated on this thread that they adopt the same salary scale with NNPC which would imply that GTs would have been receiving an upfront of 4m annually and a monthly salary circa 200 to 300k(I can't say if this is inclusive of all allowances). Also, I heard that NNPC has revised their salary upwards for both the upfront and monthly, not certain of the actual figures. I also do not know if NCDMB has revised theirs as well.

In summary, GT at NLNG is considerably better, in terms of pay than NCDMB. But for OT it may be lower. My advise, if you are looking for considerable exposure to learn and grow in your specialty, NLNG should be your choice. However, your growth in terms of being converted to permanent position may be limited. If however you are looking for steady growth in position, NCDMB may be your best bet.

Goodluck!

12 Likes

Re: NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs by Zeal2rhyme: 8:58pm On May 30, 2022
adeakin777:

From the little information I know, NLNG has a pretty competitive salary package for its full-time staff. They are pretty much in the same league with the IOCs such as Mobil, Shell, Total and the likes. Though the latter may pay higher but NLNG is pretty competitive and has a very conducive environment to work. For the operator trainees, I do not know much about their pay, however, I believe they are being employed in the capacity of being contract staff hence their pay may be considerably lower. For NCDMB, I believe many have stated on this thread that they adopt the same salary scale with NNPC which would imply that GTs would have been receiving an upfront of 4m annually and a monthly salary circa 200 to 300k(I can't say if this is inclusive of all allowances). Also, I heard that NNPC has revised their salary upwards for both the upfront and monthly, not certain of the actual figures. I also do not know if NCDMB has revised theirs as well.

In summary, GT at NLNG is considerably better, in terms of pay than NCDMB. But for OT it may be lower. My advise, if you are looking for considerable exposure to learn and grow in your specialty, NLNG should be your choice. However, your growth in terms of being converted to permanent position may be limited. If however you are looking for steady growth in position, NCDMB may be your best bet.

Goodluck!

Not entirely true.

For a graduate engineer trainee, NLNG pays better than all IOCs. The last entry level engineers were paid about 35M gross as at 2018. Even guys in IOCs will not hesitate to move to NLNG.

If it's the recently advertised Operators Trainee job with HND, they are taking them as a permanent staff. The ones taken some years back were flown to UK for a short training of some months. They were paid about 15M gross. Net was around 800k monthly excluding other allowances that I'm not aware of.

A job in NLNG is far better than NCDMB Job. Though NCDMB is superior to other federal government agencies like NNPC.

9 Likes

Re: NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs by burantashii: 10:18pm On May 30, 2022
Zeal2rhyme:

Not entirely true.

For a graduate engineer trainee, NLNG pays better than all IOCs. The last entry level engineers were paid about 35M gross as at 2018. Even guys in IOCs will not hesitate to move to NLNG.

If it's the recently advertised Operators Trainee job with HND, they are taking them as a permanent staff. The ones taken some years back were flown to UK for a short training of some months. They were paid about 15M gross. Net was around 800k monthly excluding other allowances that I'm not aware of.

A job in NLNG is far better than NCDMB Job. Though NCDMB is superior to other federal government agencies like NNPC.

So do you have any update on the recruitment ?
Re: NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs by 5boro: 3:22am On May 31, 2022
Zeal2rhyme:

Not entirely true.

Thank you for this detailed information. Please, do you have any idea why the Bsc/B.eng guys(GT) were paid almost times(X) 2½ (Two and a half) of what the HND guys (operator/Technician) were paid then? Was it a one time thing or there's a HOOOGE discrimination between HND and Bsc guys in the company?

Are there discriminations in other areas or it's just the upfront? Like, as the Operators/Tech took home 800k net, mathematically the Bsc guys were taking home over 1.7m net monthly. If this is the case, then it's demoralising to say the least! Omo sad
Re: NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs by jasonex4(m): 6:26am On May 31, 2022
5boro:

Thank you for this detailed information. Please, do you have any idea why the Bsc/B.eng guys(GT) were paid almost times(X) 2½ (Two and a half) of what the HND guys (operator/Technician) were paid then? Was it a one time thing or there's a HOOOGE discrimination between HND and Bsc guys in the company?

Are there discriminations in other areas or it's just the upfront? Like, as the Operators/Tech took home 800k net, mathematically the Bsc guys were taking home over 1.7m net monthly. If this is the case, then it's demoralising to say the least! Omo sad

Are you just realising that there has ALWAYS been a discrimination between HND and BSc holders in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs by 5boro: 6:51am On May 31, 2022
jasonex4:

Are you just realising that there has ALWAYS been a discrimination between HND and BSc holders in Nigeria?

I thought they've scrapped it and even if it still exists in some companies, it shouldn't be this outrageous and massive! Whatever you're worth, they're worth ×2!

Personally, it's embarrassing. embarassed

1 Like

Re: NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs by bmyc: 10:20am On May 31, 2022
5boro:

I thought they've scrapped it and even if it still exists in some companies, it shouldn't be this outrageous and massive! Whatever you're worth, they're worth ×2!

Personally, it's embarrassing. embarassed

The payment is the same in all government agencies and parastatals, LNG recognize HND more than Bsc and HND holders in Technical Engineering areas are big boys in LNG so don’t mislead your intuition
Re: NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs by jasonex4(m): 12:15pm On May 31, 2022
bmyc:

The payment is the same in all government agencies and parastatals, LNG recognize HND more than Bsc and HND holders in Technical Engineering areas are big boys in LNG so don’t mislead your intuition

But from what the guy wrote above, the pay discrepancies between the HND and the BSc is too much for this your statement to be true sir... unless we are saying he isn't sure of what he said

1 Like

Re: NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs by Zeal2rhyme: 1:50pm On May 31, 2022
5boro:

In the Private sector, there is little or no regard for HND holders. Even if HND is employed as a permanent staff, they are usually paid lower than their B.sc counterparts and also do have growth limit.

In NLNG and IOCs, HND are taking only as operators and technicians, BSC works as engineer anf supervisors across various departments.

The 800k pay is for HND while BSC holders earn about 2M. Contract staff are well paid there also.

2 Likes

Re: NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs by 5boro: 2:54pm On May 31, 2022
Zeal2rhyme:

In the Private sector, there is little or no regard for HND holders. Even if HND is employed as a permanent staff, they are usually paid lower than their B.sc counterparts and also do have growth limit.

In NLNG and IOCs, HND are taking only as operators and technicians, BSC works as engineer anf supervisors across various departments.

The 800k pay is for HND while BSC holders earn about 2M. Contract staff are well paid there also.

Thank you. But how person go dey earn 2meters monthly for entry level? Nor be juju be that; this life self! All these figures and info fit make person go dey think e life again o

God dey sha smiley

1 Like

Re: NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs by Eno911: 4:04pm On May 31, 2022
Some people are earning cool cash in this country oh, we shall join the league of big earners in no distant time, by his grace.

8 Likes

Re: NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs by burantashii: 9:45pm On May 31, 2022
Eno911:
Some people are earning cool cash in this country oh, we shall join the league of big earners in no distant time, by his grace.

Amen
Re: NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs by Crytoguy101: 8:32am On Jun 01, 2022
Woow we are in June and NCDMB hasn't gotten back to us yet... cry cry cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) ... (341) (Reply)

How To Identify A Scam Interview Invitation / Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 / Post Abuja Jobs Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.