Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan - Business (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan (59647 Views)

Sokoloan Set To Shutdown, After Paying ₦10 Million NITDA Fine / Sokoloan Are Very Nasty Set Of People, The Government Should Take Action (photo) / Stay Away From Lcredit, They Are Worst Than Sokoloan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by nedekid: 1:56pm On Dec 30, 2020
Nodogragra4me:

Why not borrow from your bank? Zenith internet banking platform has option for that kind of loan and you chose your tenure and pay with peace of mind..

I have not used it but I saw it while doing transfer with their internet banking platform and eneterd 100k to see what happens.,the next page needed just y token otp and pin and I would receive it.. I canceled because I dint need it
You canceled because you did not need it.
Most people will take it, blow it and turn it to quarell when it is time to pay.
Nigerians have a poor dept payment culture. A person will meet you, beg you to loan him money. When it is time to pay, the avoid you or turn it to quarell.
This guy you responded to wount have had a problem if he had paid when due.
Why take money with interest to solve a pressing or even trival issue when you know your are not expecting any money to use to payback? What they say is let's chop it today, Jesus or Allah will provide tomorrow.
These loan companies get their funding through investors placing short term fix deposits, they cannot afford to default due to customers not paying.
Even if he takes from Zenith bank at 3% he has no intention of making payment and will then seek for sympathy when it is time to fufil his obligations.
Paylater ie carbon has offered me up to 500k, the most I have taken was 100k which I knew I had capacity to pay.
Nb: such folks defaulting makes interest rates high for the rest of us.

7 Likes

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by TCD: 3:00pm On Dec 30, 2020
Dreyton36:
Chai this sokoloan ehn if them call u for money and u nor get mind ur own don finish

Lemme drop a story of how sokoloan almost ruined my friend and I

Last yr a close friend took a loan from sokoloan , he always pays back before due date , that's how he was given larger amounts , imagine collecting 50k to pay 56k in just two weeks just imagine

A time came he couldn't meet up , I noticed my friend has lost weight and he had no job at that time , he couldn't open up to me until they started threatening him with soldiers , luckily I had some funds with me so I cleared it up for him

As time goes I needed funds urgently for something , I have a good account history , they had my bvn in fact all my account info that's how the operate
I made a call directly to their company line and we had a long conversation with one of their staff while they were accessing my account, the finally agreed to lend me 250k
Truth be told I was waiting for the worst , and I was to pay back in the weeks and the total money I'm to pay is 285k E sbock u abi , in two weeks o

I paid the money in just 8 days , I had cash in my other account but I intentionally wanted to show them shege
The offered me 300k to pay back 335k I another two weeks
I paid back in just 6days , they were amazed

One day I got a call from one of their staff saying they have a gift for me that I should drop my address, I told them I've already dropped my address in the beginning, (wrong address) the brought me a mosquito net and two pen and three note books , I tell them say mosquito they my house ?

I asked someone to receive the gift on my behalf on that wrong address

I later requested for 500k , I always call them directly , they gave me without hesitation omo I show them shege

They started threatening me with all manner of threats that the know of , they threatened me that they'll take my pictures to the shrine and get me mad , I laughed loud on the phone
It came to a time they were trying to play calm with me knowing all their threats aren't working , till date 1 kobo Dem nor collect

I know someone will say why would I do that
But why would they be sending different sms to your contacts labelling you a criminal over little money with their large interest , they're the real criminals

It's been over 9 months they've not called me , nor texted me and me sef nor even dey Africa not to talk of naija , I've changed my bank infos long time ago

If you must take a loan , be prepared for the worse and the worse they can do is to try to ruin ur image that's all
So before u get any load ensure you delete all ur phones contacts and write them on a book , never you save a contact on ur phone that will bring u a disgrace before them go send your crush say you steal company money grin

You are nothing but a thief. Nobody forced you to patronise them. Show them which shege? You are doing yourself harm in the long run. That bad debt is already in your credit records attached to your BVN. You can NEVER get any loan or facility from any organisation in Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by Dreyton36: 3:32pm On Dec 30, 2020
TCD:

You are nothing but a thief. Nobody forced you to patronise them. Show them which shege? You are doing yourself harm in the long run. That bad debt is already in your credit records attached to your BVN. You can NEVER get any loan or facility from any organisation in Nigeria.

How come first bank are still lending me till date anytime I need it oloshi , you must be their worker no doubt , thieves

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by Toktee(m): 4:41pm On Dec 30, 2020
#Abadonesokoloan.
Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 30, 2020
Dreyton36:

How come first bank are still lending me till date anytime I need it oloshi , you must be their worker no doubt , thieves

Because if you default on your first bank loan, they just simply debit your first bank account...savings or current.

Loan companies like Sokoloan don't have that advantage.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by kelbranty(m): 9:15pm On Dec 30, 2020
Surprisingly many of the loan companies don't even put up anything in credit bureau. Also most banks know that many of the mfbs don't update their records on credit bureau and it's impossible to get letter of non indebtedness from these online lenders.

In the long run he'll have to pay back the loan but for now that won't stop him from getting loans from commercial banks or mfbs.

TCD:

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by ityP(m): 11:01pm On Dec 30, 2020
SaintUlot:

You standing as a second guarantor means you undertake to pay if their is any Default, u didn't read the agreement you signed?

Na under duress. I no dey pay Shi shi
Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by NewLogicalMind: 1:47am On Dec 31, 2020
Dreyton36:

So what if he is their worker it does not change the fact that you're a thief!

1 Like

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by NewLogicalMind: 1:48am On Dec 31, 2020
ityP:

Na under duress. I no dey pay Shi shi

Did someone put a gun to your head and force you to sign as guarantor?
Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by Dreyton36: 3:16am On Dec 31, 2020
NewLogicalMind:

So what if he is their worker it does not change the fact that you're a thief!

Whats stopping u from arresting me , if u can't arrest me then you're a fool

1 Like

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by FirstCounsel(m): 3:33am On Dec 31, 2020
Palmerbarry:
Dear Sokoloan, I will be in my best behaviour while posting this.

I applied for a loan a month back which I didn't repay in time. I got a call from an extremely rude official 5 days after I received the loan. She informed me that payment is due and I should do that immediately. I tried to be friendly but she wasn't. I asked if I could pay part but she arrogantly declined.
The next day I got a call from her again with insults this time. I told her she's not professional with her work and that made her worse. She threatened to disgrace me in the worst way ever (via SMS). My phone got stolen that night. A day after she sent the most devastating message ever to all my contacts. How she got access to them still surprises me. In her message, she said I'm a wanted criminal on the run with company funds. I got tons of messages on Facebook and missed calls and messages on my other line - my former employers, course mates, lecturers, neighbors, family, besties, other influential people. I was really mad! I had over 300 contacts for Christ sake. I called her immediately to send a convincing message to my contacts. She was adamant and continued with her insult, I fired back not minding her age. I threatened to take the case to court, but I was financially down at that moment. My sister called her immediately she got one of her text and they ended up insulting eachother. I called her some days after, she was a bit calm, and I asked if she would resend another SMS and make everything transparent to my contacts. She said once the payment is complete we'd discuss that. When the payment was deducted automatically from my account, I called the number, but the new user doesn't seem to know me. She requested for my login number I gave her but she said she can't access my account. Up till now. I think I've been too calm with them and I am taking it up now.

The worse part of it is I lost most of my contacts which means I may not be able to clarify myself. This is the worst thing ever to happen to someone.

I've mailed them concerning the issue and I'm yet to get feedback.

Pics below:
Sue those clowns for defamation of character. What do they mean by absconding with company funds?

1 Like

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by ityP(m): 4:54am On Dec 31, 2020
NewLogicalMind:

Did someone put a gun to your head and force you to sign as guarantor?

You can't tell
Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by NewLogicalMind: 2:33pm On Dec 31, 2020
Dreyton36:

Whats stopping u from arresting me , if u can't arrest me then you're a fool

The main issue is that you have accepted the fact that you're a thief.

It's because of dishonest people like you that Nigeria is still in the dumps

You have no moral grounds for criticising politicians when they steal our collective wealth as a nation!

4 Likes

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by Dreyton36: 6:34pm On Dec 31, 2020
NewLogicalMind:

The main issue is that you have accepted the fact that you're a thief.

It's because of dishonest people like you that Nigeria is still in the dumps

You have no moral grounds for criticising politicians when they steal our collective wealth as a nation!

He who is without sin let him/her cast the first stone you hypocrite

1 Like

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by Palmerbarry: 11:17pm On Dec 31, 2020
Dreyton36:
Chai this sokoloan ehn if them call u for money and u nor get mind ur own don finish

Last yr a close friend took a loan from sokoloan , he always pays back before due date , that's how he was given larger amounts , imagine collecting 50k to pay 56k in just two weeks just imagine

A time came he couldn't meet up , I noticed my friend has lost weight and he had no job at that time , he couldn't open up to me until they started threatening him with soldiers , luckily I had some funds with me so I cleared it up for him

As time goes I needed funds urgently for something , I have a good account history , they had my bvn in fact all my account info that's how the operate
I made a call directly to their company line and we had a long conversation with one of their staff while they were accessing my account, the finally agreed to lend me 250k
Truth be told I was waiting for the worst , and I was to pay back in the weeks and the total money I'm to pay is 285k E sbock u abi , in two weeks o

I paid the money in just 8 days , I had cash in my other account but I intentionally wanted to show them shege

One day I got a call from one of their staff saying they have a gift for me that I should drop my address, I told them I've already dropped my address in the beginning, (wrong address) the brought me a mosquito net and two pen and three note books , I tell them say mosquito they my house ?

I later requested for 500k , I always call them directly , they gave me without hesitation omo I show them shege

They started threatening me with all manner of threats that the know of , they threatened me that they'll take my pictures to the shrine and get me mad , I laughed loud on the phone
It came to a time they were trying to play calm with me knowing all their threats aren't working , till date 1 kobo Dem nor collect

But why would they be sending different sms to your contacts labelling you a criminal over little money with their large interest , they're the real criminals

It's been over 9 months they've not called me , nor texted me and me sef nor even dey Africa not to talk of naija , I've changed my bank infos long time ago

If you must take a loan , be prepared for the worse and the worse they can do is to try to ruin ur image that's all
So before u get any load ensure you delete all ur phones contacts and write them on a book , never you save a contact on ur phone that will bring u a disgrace before them go send your crush say you steal company money grin

Ooh, this may backfire later on (and maybe) in an inappropriate time. I believe they got your BVN?

1 Like

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by Predstan: 5:20am On Jan 01, 2021
SugarSpill:
Most of all these loan vendors are very exploitative. Imagine charging borrowers upto 28% interest rate per month.

I love my Access Bank, they give Loan via their apps to account holders at 4.5% per month.

Even during the lockdown they were steadily giving loans unlike some banks that suspended theirs and only gave Loans to salary earners, especially gov workers.

During this Christmas Access Bank has given me over 200k Loan.

Even you when default, they give 7 days Grace before the reminder sms start coming and it is never threatening.

God bless Access Bank.

4.5%per month is still at the high side though. But 28% is just too bad. No body should be taking such loan. I wish Nigeria could come up with a credit card system like saner climate.

1 Like

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by HeightsKE: 8:35am On Jan 02, 2021
Well
Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by gendebs(m): 11:09pm On Jan 06, 2021
Curious345:
shuut up

You are rude
Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by Ugmama(m): 7:44pm On Jan 28, 2021
SugarSpill:
Most of all these loan vendors are very exploitative. Imagine charging borrowers upto 28% interest rate per month.

I love my Access Bank, they give Loan via their apps to account holders at 4.5% per month.

Even during the lockdown they were steadily giving loans unlike some banks that suspended theirs and only gave Loans to salary earners, especially gov workers.

During this Christmas Access Bank has given me over 200k Loan.

Even you when default, they give 7 days Grace before the reminder sms start coming and it is never threatening.

God bless Access Bank.

And you're even happy with 4.5% per month when UBA give less than 1.5% per month. SMH!

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by xenastar(f): 12:44pm On Jun 11, 2021
Article 5.5.7 of the CBN consumer protection law :

Debt collection must not engage in any of the following:
a. Contact friends, employer, relatives or neighbours of a customer for
any information other than information on employment status,
telephone numbers or address, except where:
i. the person has guaranteed the loan; or
ii. the person has consented to be contacted.
b. Require any of the persons listed in (a) above to offset the debt,
except where the person has acted as a guarantor.
c. Make telephone or personal contact with customers between the
hours of 9.00pm and 8.00am for the purpose of debt recovery,
except with the prior consent of the customer.

Sue them for all they've got not rant here and they on doing it to others

1 Like

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by Chrisbella24(f): 2:05pm On Jun 11, 2021
Dreyton36:

You're a Thief bro.

A very big Thief

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by azekem(m): 6:10pm On Jun 19, 2021
Who knows their address

FirstCounsel:

Sue those clowns for defamation of character. What do they mean by absconding with company funds?
Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by Blacklion3: 6:17pm On Jun 19, 2021
j
Eeya
Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by Ikpunekenwa(m): 9:58am On Jun 27, 2021
I will kill myself before someone embarrasses me like this. If I survive this noting will ever take me to this again.
Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by SugarSpill(m): 10:35pm On Aug 10, 2021
Ugmama:

And you're even happy with 4.5% per month when UBA give less than 1.5% per month. SMH!

You don mean it. 1.5% per month?

Do they give to non salary account holders please?
Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by SugarSpill(m): 10:37pm On Aug 10, 2021
Predstan:

4.5%per month is still at the high side though. But 28% is just too bad. No body should be taking such loan. I wish Nigeria could come up with a credit card system like saner climate.

I couldn't agree less bro.
Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by Nobody: 12:25am On Aug 11, 2021
nedekid:

You canceled because you did not need it.
Most people will take it, blow it and turn it to quarell when it is time to pay.
Nigerians have a poor dept payment culture. A person will meet you, beg you to loan him money. When it is time to pay, the avoid you or turn it to quarell.
This guy you responded to wount have had a problem if he had paid when due.
Why take money with interest to solve a pressing or even trival issue when you know your are not expecting any money to use to payback? What they say is let's chop it today, Jesus or Allah will provide tomorrow.
These loan companies get their funding through investors placing short term fix deposits, they cannot afford to default due to customers not paying.
Even if he takes from Zenith bank at 3% he has no intention of making payment and will then seek for sympathy when it is time to fufil his obligations.
Paylater ie carbon has offered me up to 500k, the most I have taken was 100k which I knew I had capacity to pay.
Nb: such folks defaulting makes interest rates high for the rest of us.

Guy no be you I been mean to quote so you fit take back your reply...

1 Like

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by nedekid: 6:02am On Aug 11, 2021
Mixedfraction:

May the gods of your land bless you... cheesy.. this one sweet me well, well...
Amen. Thanks bro grin
Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by nedekid: 6:26am On Aug 11, 2021
TCD:

Dont mind the original mumu man. He thinks he is smart. The Otondo does not know his credit rating has been or will be completely ruined. Abi does he not know that credit rating companies in Nigeria are foreign affiliates? He credit is like a badge worn around the world?
Does he not know in a matter of time any account he owns in Nigeria linked to his bvn will be debited to pay the loan and cbn could even blacklist his bvn and he cannot run an account in Nigeria again?
Abi does he not know it is investors that gave money to loan companies and must get paid their interest when due?
Does he not know he is making cost of credit higher the rest of Nigerians that generally need loans, because higher default rate means higher risk and hence more interest.
This is what you call pennywise pound foolish. Destroying your credit ratings because of just ₦500k ($1000).

1 Like

Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by nedekid: 6:39am On Aug 11, 2021
kelbranty:
Surprisingly many of the loan companies don't even put up anything in credit bureau. Also most banks know that many of the mfbs don't update their records on credit bureau and it's impossible to get letter of non indebtedness from these online lenders.

In the long run he'll have to pay back the loan but for now that won't stop him from getting loans from commercial banks or mfbs.

Oga you are wrong.
When last did you request a your credit report?
If possible do so and you will be supprised at the detailed info therein.
Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by Ugmama(m): 6:54am On Aug 11, 2021
[quote author=SugarSpill post=104655114]

You don mean it. 1.5% per month?

Do they give to non salary account holders please?
[/quote

Yes, but it's 2% flat now
Re: How I Got Badly Disgraced By Sokoloan by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 11, 2021
Dreyton36:

May the gods of your land bless you... cheesy.. this one sweet me well, well...

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Betting Ideas And Amazing Secrets (maximize your profit) / How Sandra Iheuwa Became CEO Of 5 Companies (Photos) / 5 Dirty Businesses In Nigeria That Fetch Big Profit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.