Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,426 members, 7,808,527 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

How Did You Buy Your First Car - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / How Did You Buy Your First Car (7830 Views)

I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K / Porsche 911 GT3 RS Is The First Car To Use Corning's Gorilla Glass Windows / Saudi Arabia's First Car Showroom For Women Only Opens In Jeddah(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Buy Your First Car by ericoleon(m): 10:25pm On Dec 28, 2020
Hi everyone im about to buy my first car toyota corolla (which i want to us for BOLT)this new year however my savings isnt up to ten percent of the cost of a corolla. For some reason i just have this faith that i will buy it before the end of march.
At this juncture i would like everyone to share with us how they bought their fist car. The story behind the car im hoping others will be encouraged. Thanks ericoleon

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Buy Your First Car by 1stNumeroUno: 10:41pm On Dec 28, 2020
Na so Mr M started scouting for car for me o. (He's one of the drivers in our office). He said how can a "big boy" like me not have a car. Kiakia, he called me to come and inspect a Honda bulldog at that mechanic village on lateef Jakande road, agidingbi.

Mumu mi (#in lasisi elenu voice). I paid and here comes my misery. After less than 2years and massive spending, I bought another car.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Buy Your First Car by joa2013: 10:51pm On Dec 28, 2020
Bought my first car 400k in 2009. A naija used Nissan Almera. It was one used car dealer near my office who linked me with the seller and ended up collecting 50k from me for papers which costs only 7k at that time. He duped me because he knew I didn't know anything about vehicles. I made sure he never sell any car to any of my office colleagues for years after that until he begged me seriously in 2013 and even tried to refund my 50k which I turned down. Each time I see any of my colleagues inspecting any car in his stand, I'll go to the person's office to tell him or her to beware of the car dealer because he's dubious. He lost more than 30 sales because of me. It was because of him that I learnt how to buy cars from Tincan, seme, Idiroko, other parts of Lagos and Nigeria and even cotonou. I will spare my time to follow my colleagues from Akure to Lagos to buy Naija used cars or tokunbo so as to make sure they don't patronise him. He got to know this through our gateman and started looking for me, he sent one of my ogas who's from his hometown to beg me. That's when I allowed him to start making money from my office. Besides, I no longer have the time to go round helping people to buy cars anymore.
OP, get your money first and make sure you go for your dream car, Toyota Corolla.

14 Likes

Re: How Did You Buy Your First Car by dawnomike(m): 11:03pm On Dec 28, 2020
2016... I was a rising star with a multi level marketing company back then with money entering daily... That was before MMM nearly sent me to the village after losing millions of naira to the yeye scheme (may d gods punish Mavrodi) grin
I was on a bike heading back home frm bodija where the company's office was then to jericho where i resided in the city of Ibadan. It started to rain heavily and I got soaked down to my boxers cry
I just called a friend that night to let's go to Apapa from Ibadan to get a car. He thought I was kidding; the next call he got from me was to send his account number and come down to a hotel IN Lagos to join me cos back then, i could not drive my Acura TL 2005 from lagos to Ibadan grin

I loved that car till the transmission became a big problem and I had to sell it off 2 years later cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Buy Your First Car by ericoleon(m): 11:04pm On Dec 28, 2020
1stNumeroUno:
Na so Mr M started scouting for car for me o. (He's one of the drivers in our office). He said how can a "big boy" like me not have a car. Kiakia, he called me to come and inspect a Honda bulldog at that mechanic village on lateef Jakande road, agidingbi.

Mumu mi (#in lasisi elenu voice). I paid and here comes my misery. After less than 2years and massive spending, I bought another car.
lol sorry o, i think its always better to go with a trusted mechanic when buying cars. my opinion though i might be wrong.
Re: How Did You Buy Your First Car by FrankLampard: 11:43pm On Dec 28, 2020
I'm about getting my first car. I have saved the money throughout the beginning of the year. I would have gotten it if not for Corona. I hope I get a good deal.

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Buy Your First Car by ericoleon(m): 5:57pm On Dec 29, 2020
Keep the stories coming
Re: How Did You Buy Your First Car by alphabbey1(m): 9:28pm On Dec 29, 2020
Re: How Did You Buy Your First Car by greggng: 9:41pm On Dec 29, 2020
FrankLampard:
I'm about getting my first car. I have saved the money throughout the beginning of the year. I would have gotten it if not for Corona. I hope I get a good deal.

Which type of car are u looking for and how serious are u?
Re: How Did You Buy Your First Car by ericoleon(m): 11:32am On Dec 30, 2020
dawnomike:
2016... I was a rising star with a multi level marketing company back then with money entering daily... That was before MMM nearly sent me to the village after losing millions of naira to the yeye scheme (may d gods punish Mavrodi) grin
I was on a bike heading back home frm bodija where the company's office was then to jericho where i resided in the city of Ibadan. It started to rain heavily and I got soaked down to my boxers cry
I just called a friend that night to let's go to Apapa from Ibadan to get a car. He thought I was kidding; the next call he got from me was to send his account number and come down to a hotel IN Lagos to join me cos back then, i could not drive my Acura TL 2005 from lagos to Ibadan grin

I loved that car till the transmission became a big problem and I had to sell it off 2 years later cry
lovely story. Please how cheap are vehicles in apapa compared to buying in car stands
Re: How Did You Buy Your First Car by dawnomike(m): 11:50am On Dec 30, 2020
ericoleon:
lovely story. Please how cheap are vehicles in apapa compared to buying in car stands
It depends... Most times you find importers that want to sell of a cleared car at a cheaper rate to raise cash to clear their other consignments or risk incurring more demorage. Clearing agents can help you in meeting such people in urgent need of the cash

1 Like

Re: How Did You Buy Your First Car by tasceige(m): 12:43pm On Dec 30, 2020
Psalm 121 vs 1

I lift up my eyes to the hills-- where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD sad sad

Carshamadupe

But I've been seeing some nice content in JIji

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Buy Your First Car by Ofemmanu1: 1:11pm On Dec 30, 2020
After many years of suffering, rejection, pain and shame my turn finally came.

I got a six figures job late 2017, by late 2019, I made my first million, level changed, I went back home for Christmas and it was hard moving from Shoprite Ikeja to Eleko beach and night clubs, on Dec, 29, 2019 I bought a Honda Accord 2007 from jiji to ease movements.

I bought it Used from a Meds @ 700k, fixed interior, exterior, AC and some minor things, since then it's been nothing but JOY..

I'm still driving it till today.

In 2021, i hope to upgrade to Honda Accord 2010/Honda Crosstour 2011 or the greatest Accord 2020.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Buy Your First Car by Ofemmanu1: 1:29pm On Dec 30, 2020
ericoleon:
If you really wanna buy a car, pls don't look for cheap deal, most of em are problems that will either kill you or make you suffer.

E.g, instead of buying an abused Honda EOD for 500k, better you but the correct version for 800k standard price.
Else you will spend more than 500k fixing that shitty cheap one.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Buy Your First Car by ericoleon(m): 1:35pm On Dec 30, 2020
Ofemmanu1:

I got a six figures job late 2017, by late 2019, I made my first million, level changed, I went back home for Christmas and it was hard moving from Shoprite Ikeja to Eleko beach and night clubs, on Dec, 29, 2019 I bought a Honda Accord 2007 from jiji to ease movements.

I bought it Used from a Meds @ 700k, fixed interior, exterior, AC and some minor things, since then it's been nothing but JOY..

In 2021, i hope to upgrade to Honda Accord 2010/Honda Crosstour 2011 or the greatest Accord 2020.
Inspiring, nice ride too. I like the fact that you bought ur ride 29 dec meaning hope dey for all of us that desire our first cars. Dont give up people GOD is never late

6 Likes

Re: How Did You Buy Your First Car by EmmanuelBanks: 2:30pm On Dec 30, 2020

6 Likes

Re: How Did You Buy Your First Car by Carmal90(m): 3:07pm On Dec 30, 2020
Ofemmanu1:

DC??
That is the car I am eyeing as well, or Honda civic...
But guess what?
I never get 1 Naira for account.
Re: How Did You Buy Your First Car by Ofemmanu1: 6:02pm On Dec 30, 2020
Carmal90:

DC?? That is the car I am eyeing as well, or Honda civic... But guess what? I never get 1 Naira for account.
Keep the hope alive bro. Your time will come

1 Like

Re: How Did You Buy Your First Car by Carmal90(m): 6:10pm On Dec 30, 2020
Ofemmanu1:

Keep the hope alive bro.
Your time will come

Bro, you said you got yours in jiji from.meds.....

Pls what is meds?
Re: How Did You Buy Your First Car by Ofemmanu1: 6:21pm On Dec 30, 2020
Carmal90:

Bro, you said you got yours in jiji from.meds.....

Pls what is meds?
Meds means a Medical staff.

I searched for it on Jiji.com, and later met the former owner who is a Medical Doctor relocating out of the country.
Re: How Did You Buy Your First Car by Carmal90(m): 6:25pm On Dec 30, 2020
Ofemmanu1:

I searched for it on Jiji.com, and later met the former owner who is a Medical Doctor relocating out of the country.

Thanks
Re: How Did You Buy Your First Car by semanose: 7:52pm On Dec 30, 2020
Ofemmanu1:

Are you ready to sell? I am so ready to buy!
Re: How Did You Buy Your First Car by ericoleon(m): 8:31pm On Dec 30, 2020
FrankLampard:
i pray you do boss. What type of car do u have your eyes on?
Re: How Did You Buy Your First Car by FrankLampard: 8:43pm On Dec 30, 2020
ericoleon:
i pray you do boss. What type of car do u have your eyes on?

08 - 010 Camry SE
Re: How Did You Buy Your First Car by ericoleon(m): 8:50pm On Dec 30, 2020
Carmal90:

DC??
But guess what?
lol, the dream will bring the money. God dey
Re: How Did You Buy Your First Car by BoboKush(m): 8:56pm On Dec 30, 2020
Well my story is not a sweet one

Its a story full of regrets and everything

I hope you learn one or two

So I decided to buy a car after nysc while job haunting

I can do uber along

My mistake I order the car from America via agent

From July that we haunt/bid n won.. I paid july

So many excuses.... Aw car spoil... This n that

Na Dec.... Yesterday car touch my hand with different

Part removed already

Never will I buy car from abroad again so many lost

I really learn the hard way

1 Like

Re: How Did You Buy Your First Car by FreshConcept575: 9:12pm On Dec 30, 2020
Still hoping to get my first car I know I will by next year

But then car owners how can I know about cars and things to look out for and how to maintain a car

Have never own one or live closely with someone who has

All is well sha
Re: How Did You Buy Your First Car by Ofemmanu1: 9:20pm On Dec 30, 2020
semanose:

Are you ready to sell? I am so ready to buy!
Nah.. I will sell as soon as I get an upgrade. perhaps next January.
[quote author=semanose post=97565693]

A
[quote author=semanose post=97565693]

A
Re: How Did You Buy Your First Car by adetunjioludami(m): 9:32pm On Dec 30, 2020
Carmal90:

DC??
But guess what?
I'm buying a Civic 07 tomorrow in Ibadan for 800k wish me luck lolzzz.

7 Likes

Re: How Did You Buy Your First Car by adetunjioludami(m): 9:33pm On Dec 30, 2020
Ofemmanu1:

Meds don't really use dia cars so it's a good deal if you buy from em.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2001 Audi Tt 225 Hp Coupe Quattro / 2005 Toyota Matrix Hatchback Buy Me 2.3 Million / List Of Competent Auto Mechanics In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.