Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,932 members, 7,799,142 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:59 PM

Daddy Freeze " Saul Conversation To Paul Is Political Not Spiritual" - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daddy Freeze " Saul Conversation To Paul Is Political Not Spiritual" (1146 Views)

Paul Adefarasin; His Saul Analogy And The Response / Why Did God Send Evil Spirit To Torment King Saul? / Pastor E.A Adeboye Reacts To Daddy Freeze's Comments On Tithes (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daddy Freeze " Saul Conversation To Paul Is Political Not Spiritual" by harmargedon: 1:52am On Dec 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:
I think you should focus a bit more on the point at hand rather than running all over the place with this.

Again, we are on your claim about Paul and the Romans... Try to remain focused and get to the point here.
it will lead you to your answer. Why the Jesus movement finally ended up in the hands of the Romans. it wasn't by mistake.
Re: Daddy Freeze " Saul Conversation To Paul Is Political Not Spiritual" by harmargedon: 1:53am On Dec 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:
What in the word? undecided

You are the one here claiming Saul was not a Jew. Are you trying to suggest that because we do not have his parents names and the name of his siblings means he was indeed not a jew? undecided
for a man with such a position, come on bro, the Bible don't miss out on such information.
Re: Daddy Freeze " Saul Conversation To Paul Is Political Not Spiritual" by Kobojunkie: 1:53am On Dec 30, 2020
harmargedon:
it will lead you to your answer. Why the Jesus movement finally ended up in the hands of the Romans. it wasn't by mistake.
Ok, I'll bite. Why did the Jesus movement supposedly end up in the hands of the Romans? undecided

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze " Saul Conversation To Paul Is Political Not Spiritual" by harmargedon: 1:56am On Dec 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Ok, I'll bite. Why did the Jesus movement supposedly end up in the hands of the Romans? undecided
in one word 'power'
Re: Daddy Freeze " Saul Conversation To Paul Is Political Not Spiritual" by Kobojunkie: 1:56am On Dec 30, 2020
harmargedon:
for a man with such a position, come on bro, the Bible don't miss out on such information.
Actually, we are also not given ancestors details on all of the other news mentioned in the same Bible. So, yes, not all information was considered necessary. In Saul's case, I fail to see how knowing the names of his parents would have benefited us any since they were not important to the story nor the Jesus Movement.
Re: Daddy Freeze " Saul Conversation To Paul Is Political Not Spiritual" by Kobojunkie: 1:57am On Dec 30, 2020
harmargedon:
in one word 'power'
undecided
Re: Daddy Freeze " Saul Conversation To Paul Is Political Not Spiritual" by harmargedon: 2:00am On Dec 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Actually, we are also not given ancestors details on all of the other news mentioned in the same Bible. So, yes, not all information was considered necessary. In Saul's case, I fail to see how knowing the names of his parents would have benefited us any since they were not important to the story nor the Jesus Movement.
it was. that showed that a particular person at that time had an ancestral link with Abraham. in the case of if you know one you will know the other.
Re: Daddy Freeze " Saul Conversation To Paul Is Political Not Spiritual" by harmargedon: 2:01am On Dec 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:
undecided
you're wondering how right?
Re: Daddy Freeze " Saul Conversation To Paul Is Political Not Spiritual" by Kobojunkie: 2:03am On Dec 30, 2020
harmargedon:
you're wondering how right?
No, I am thinking you are just trying to waste my time with baseless assertions.

1 Like

Re: Daddy Freeze " Saul Conversation To Paul Is Political Not Spiritual" by Kobojunkie: 2:06am On Dec 30, 2020
harmargedon:
it was. that showed that a particular person at that time had an ancestral link with Abraham. in the case of if you know one you will know the other.
Again, Saul's link mattered not to the Jesus Movement. All that mattered was who he was at the time he became a part of the group and from what we know, Saul was a Sadducee, student to Gamaliel, a Roman citizen born to Jewish parents in the city of Tarsus.
Yes, at the time, his parents had to be Jewish for him to have studied to become a sadducee and under Gamaliel for that matter. Timothy, who instead had a Greek father, and a Jewish mother, was not allowed the same privilege because he was not considered Jewish enough to even enter the temple.
Re: Daddy Freeze " Saul Conversation To Paul Is Political Not Spiritual" by harmargedon: 2:07am On Dec 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:
No, I am thinking you are just trying to waste my time with baseless assertions.
Paul made them to see that you can conquer the world not with weapons and soldiers but by spreading the good news. Take a look at us today, The days of the week, the names of the month, the solar system, even the birth day of Jesus, the head of Christianity and many more all revolve round Rome.
Re: Daddy Freeze " Saul Conversation To Paul Is Political Not Spiritual" by Kobojunkie: 2:09am On Dec 30, 2020
harmargedon:
Paul made them to see that you can conquer the world not with weapons and soldiers but by spreading the good news. Take a look at us today, The days of the week, the names of the month, the solar system, even the birth day of Jesus, the head of Christianity and many more all revolve round Rome.
Paul made them, who, see what now? undecided
Where do you get these from? undecided
Re: Daddy Freeze " Saul Conversation To Paul Is Political Not Spiritual" by harmargedon: 2:09am On Dec 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Again, Saul's link mattered not to the Jesus Movement. All that mattered was who he was at the time he became a part of the group and from what we know, Saul was a Sadducee, student to Gamaliel, a Roman citizen born to Jewish parents in the city of Tarsus.
I'm glad you said from what you know. From Jewish based research saul wasn't.
Re: Daddy Freeze " Saul Conversation To Paul Is Political Not Spiritual" by Kobojunkie: 2:10am On Dec 30, 2020
harmargedon:
I'm glad you said from what you know. From Jewish based research saul wasn't.
What Jewish based research? undecided
Re: Daddy Freeze " Saul Conversation To Paul Is Political Not Spiritual" by harmargedon: 2:10am On Dec 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Paul made them, who, see what now? undecided Where do you get these from? undecided
the people he worked for, the Romans.
Re: Daddy Freeze " Saul Conversation To Paul Is Political Not Spiritual" by Kobojunkie: 2:11am On Dec 30, 2020
harmargedon:
the people he worked for, the Romans.
Assertions..baseless.. I need facts...evidence of your many assertions...not more nonsense.
Re: Daddy Freeze " Saul Conversation To Paul Is Political Not Spiritual" by harmargedon: 2:13am On Dec 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:
What Jewish based research? undecided
if I wake up one morning and tell the Yoruba tribe that I'm one of them because I have my parents in Lagos and I bear a Yoruba name, does that make me one of them?
Re: Daddy Freeze " Saul Conversation To Paul Is Political Not Spiritual" by harmargedon: 2:15am On Dec 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Assertions..baseless.. I need facts...evidence of your many assertions...not more nonsense.
ok, let me give you a recent one. Do you know how emperor Constantine won the battle on the milvian bridge?
Re: Daddy Freeze " Saul Conversation To Paul Is Political Not Spiritual" by Kobojunkie: 2:15am On Dec 30, 2020
harmargedon:
if I wake up one morning and tell the Yoruba tribe that I'm one of them because I have my parents in Lagos and I bear a Yoruba name, does that make me one of them?
Again, what evidence do you have for the claims you make. undecided
Re: Daddy Freeze " Saul Conversation To Paul Is Political Not Spiritual" by Kobojunkie: 2:18am On Dec 30, 2020
harmargedon:
ok, let me give you a recent one. Do you know how emperor Constantine won the battle on the milvian bridge?
Saul live in the first century while Constantine lived in the 3rd, about 200 years apart, so I fail to see why the name Constantine is being brought up here. undecided
Re: Daddy Freeze " Saul Conversation To Paul Is Political Not Spiritual" by harmargedon: 2:20am On Dec 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Saul live in the first century while Constantine lived in the 3rd, about 200 years apart, so I fail to see why the name Constantine is being brought up here. undecided
since you want to stick to saul, just one question, how did Saul die?
Re: Daddy Freeze " Saul Conversation To Paul Is Political Not Spiritual" by harmargedon: 2:25am On Dec 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:
we have no information about a man whose books covers majority of the new testament. ain't something fishy.
Re: Daddy Freeze " Saul Conversation To Paul Is Political Not Spiritual" by Kobojunkie: 2:28am On Dec 30, 2020
harmargedon:
since you want to stick to saul, just one question, how did Saul die?
This has nothing to do with sticking with Paul but with instead with validating claims you make against what is indeed known.

The Bible remains the primary soul of details on Saul, and many of the other apostles mentioned in the Bible. If you will make claims about them that are not recorded in the Bible, be sure to provide extra-biblical reference to back up said claims.

As for how Paul die, there are different stories out there, the most detailed being that he was run through with a sword by Nero who we know was Roman emperor around the time of Paul's death.
Re: Daddy Freeze " Saul Conversation To Paul Is Political Not Spiritual" by Kobojunkie: 2:29am On Dec 30, 2020
harmargedon:
we have no information about a man whose books covers majority of the new testament. ain't something fishy.
The man did not write books but instead wrote letters which were mostly lost to us. James and Jude wrote letters too, and we dont know much about them either.
Re: Daddy Freeze " Saul Conversation To Paul Is Political Not Spiritual" by harmargedon: 2:36am On Dec 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:
This has nothing to do with sticking with Paul but with instead with validating claims you make against what is indeed known.

The Bible remains the primary soul of details on Saul, and many of the other apostles mentioned in the Bible. If you will make claims about them that are not recorded in the Bible, be sure to provide extra-biblical reference to back up said claims.

As for how Paul die, there are different stories out there, the most detailed being that he was run through with a sword by Nero who we know was Roman emperor around the time of Paul's death.
it's still a story not a fact. in 70AD the first church was erected where he died in his memory after his death, a peaceful one actually,
Re: Daddy Freeze " Saul Conversation To Paul Is Political Not Spiritual" by harmargedon: 2:38am On Dec 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:
The man did not write books but instead wrote letters which were mostly lost to us. James and Jude wrote letters too, and we dont know much about them either.
I can tell you who they were if you're interested.
Re: Daddy Freeze " Saul Conversation To Paul Is Political Not Spiritual" by Kobojunkie: 2:38am On Dec 30, 2020
harmargedon:
it's still a story not a fact. in 70AD the first church was erected where he died in his memory after his death, a peaceful one actually,
It is a story and not fact but your claim that a first church was supposedly erected at the site of his death is fact? undecided
Re: Daddy Freeze " Saul Conversation To Paul Is Political Not Spiritual" by Kobojunkie: 2:41am On Dec 30, 2020
harmargedon:
I can tell you who they were if you're interested.
you mean you can tell me who you suppose they were, right? undecided

I suggest you please go back through this discussion in time so you understand that your claims have been plenty but evidence to back up your claims next to none. undecided
Re: Daddy Freeze " Saul Conversation To Paul Is Political Not Spiritual" by harmargedon: 2:41am On Dec 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:
It is a story and not fact but your claim that a first church was supposedly erected at he site of his death is fact? undecided
yes, it has his tomb with his name clearly written on it. the story was that he was killed, fact is he wasn't.
Re: Daddy Freeze " Saul Conversation To Paul Is Political Not Spiritual" by Kobojunkie: 2:44am On Dec 30, 2020
harmargedon:
yes, it has his tomb with his name clearly written on it. the story was that he was killed, fact is he wasn't.
Wrong! That story is made up. In 70AD Rome, Christians were still not welcomed, as they were seen as a rogue group of sorts not for anything they were actually guilty of. So how could they have, while experiencing persecution in all parts of the empire, erect a Church essentially announcing themselves in the same country? You need to think these things through. lipsrsealed
Re: Daddy Freeze " Saul Conversation To Paul Is Political Not Spiritual" by harmargedon: 2:44am On Dec 30, 2020
Kobojunkie:
you mean you can tell me who you suppose they were, right? undecided

I suggest you please go back through this discussion in time so you understand that your claims have been plenty but evidence to back up your claims next to none. undecided
you cannot get full information about people from the Bible, I'll give you a book to read, search for the book written by Titus Flavius Josephus, you'll get your answers there. but if you still need more then I'll tell you.
Re: Daddy Freeze " Saul Conversation To Paul Is Political Not Spiritual" by Kobojunkie: 2:46am On Dec 30, 2020
harmargedon:
you cannot get full information about people from the Bible, I'll give you a book to read, search for the book written by Titus Flavius Josephus, you'll get your answers there. but if you still need more then I'll tell you.
Josephus did not write in entirety on the characters in the Bible so, while what he wrote is of importance to historians, it does not in anyway serve to change accounts as recorded in the Bible. undecided

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

God Is Getting Closer! Another Prophecy Fulfilled, As Evidenced By Atheists! / Brethren How Do You See This Kind Of Prayer Anyone Tormenting Me To Please God / There Is A Place Called Heaven And A Place Called Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.