Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,385 members, 7,808,364 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

List Of States That Banned Cross-Over Service - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / List Of States That Banned Cross-Over Service (52005 Views)

RCCG Cancels Cross-Over Service Nationwide / Cross-over Service At Glory Dome, World’s Largest Church Auditorium, Abuja (PIX) / What Is The Significance Of Cross-over Service For Christians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of States That Banned Cross-Over Service by StechiteGistTV: 7:33am On Dec 29, 2020
As we all know that “Cross Over” Service is special gathering of both believers and unbelievers where they all come together to pray and thank God for the victory over death throughout the year.

It happens to be the last fellowship held in a year and also the first in a new year, where people pray and prophesy into their lives for the new year.

It is a joyous moment where people gladly wishes one another “Happy New Year” with a great joy and thanking God for the grace to scale through.

It’s so funny to say that to some people, it is the only service they witness throughout the year.

As expectations begin to rise about the fellowship, people should bear in mind that some state government have suspended social gatherings especially “Cross Over Service” as an approach to curtail the spread of the second wave of COVID-19

Stechitegist.com will be sharing with you several states that have imposed and placed ban on “Cross Over” Service throughout the state.

1. Ondo State:

The Ondo state government has proscribed all-night crossover service in all of its 18 local councils. The state government have even ordered half operations of capacities at social activities on clubs, hotels, departmental stores, supermarkets, event centres and allied centres.

They instructed that every citizen of the state should observe Covid-19 protocols.

Also, the compulsory usage of Face Masks at public places in order to avoid the spread of the ravaging coronavirus pandemic.

The government suggested any activities that involve physical attendance should be reconsidered to change to virtual version.

Ondo state government further added there will be three (3) months imprisonment or N20,000 fine or both for offenders of the law and guidelines, Stechitegist.com reports.

2. Osun State:

On 28th December, 2020, the Osun State Government placed ban on cross over service as a bid to curtail the spread of the ravaging coronavirus pandemic.

It says it will not allow countdown to New Year ceremonies and cross over nights by religious bodies and groups during the New Year Eve.

They have even enforced the state security operatives to take charge and to ensure there’s no form of social gathering in the state.

Osun State Government has appealed to the citizens to cut down on social gatherings, including weddings, naming ceremonies, etc so as to reduce the spate of exposure and contact with an infected person.

Ogun State:

The Ogun State Governor, Dapo Abiodun, in the same vein has announced the suspension of street carnivals, and restricted attendance to cross-over services, parties and similar gatherings.

The directives were issued on Wednesday after a meeting between the state government and religious leaders, as well as community leaders.

He further added on Wednesday that all market are to open strictly between 8am and 4pm as well as maintaining social distancing.

Lagos State:

The Lagos State Government did not carry last in this decision making. Gov. Sanwo-Olu on 25th December 2020 directed worship centres to suspend all-night services, including vigils and crossover events throughout the state.

He assured citizens that the curfew imposed between 12 midnight and 4am will be strictly enforced.

Governor Sanwo-Olu further added that he urge religious leaders to ensure their followers observe the protocols implemented to curb the spread of the ravaging coronavirus.

Kwara State:

The state of Harmony, Kwara State Government has imposed partial lockdown on the state.

The government directed curfew in the state from 12 midnight to 4:30am till further notice.

Some of the guidelines set are mandatory use of face masks in public places, while clubs, concert, Carnivals are banned till further notice

In addition, they added that no worship centre must allow congregations exceeding 50% of the maximum capacity for the venue to allow for proper social distancing.

Civil servants are to work from home, hence, virtual meetings are being encouraged.

Federal Government Territory (FCT):

Likewise, the federal government territory chairman, Malam Bello has ordered that all bars, restaurants, leisure garden, and event centres should be shut for five (5) weeks.

He ordered not more than 50% members for all kind of social gatherings like festival events, congresses, concerts, sporting activities, seminars what have you.

violators will be prosecuted through the mobile courts’ system.

Plateau State:

The Plateau state government on Wednesday says there was no plan to lock down the state over the second wave of COVID-19.

Atu said, “The state government is working with security agencies to be more proactive rather than reactive.”

He insist that use of face mask should be enforced in all public places.

Therefore, Cross over can still hold, but not more than 50% members.

Ekiti State:

Ekiti State Government has also joined the league. The state government announced the new restrictions to curtail the spread of coronavirus in the state.

Governor Fayemi reveals that the government is very disturbed with the daily rising figure of infected citizens and economic well-being.

he said, included hand washing, use of hand sanitizers, observation of the approved social distance and to allow only half of the sitting capacity of the church to partake in the service.

However, the taskforce and law enforcement agents are to begin aggressive compliance enforcement activities in public places, including worship centres, event centres, markets, supermarkets, bars and hotels on Wednesday.

Edo State:

Edo State Government has announced the reintroduction of restrictions and reactivation of disease surveillance and management protocols to curb the wide spread of coronavirus.

The state had adjusted its curfew to begin from 12 midnight to 4am daily, beginning from December 23, except on December 31, 2020

Governor Obaseki said, “Wearing of facemask is mandatory in public places; there should be drastic reduction in number of people attending religious, political and social gatherings in one place; people are advised not to patronise or enter any public facility without hand wash station, provided with soap and running water.”

NOTE: All schools in the state as mentioned will remain shut until January 18, 2021.

Even with all this, how do you plan to do your cross-over?

https://stechitegist.com/check-list-of-states-in-nigeria-that-place-ban-on-cross-over-service/

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of States That Banned Cross-Over Service by dynicks(m): 7:34am On Dec 29, 2020
We never enter 2021, banning don start already.....

How 2021 wan take be?......

151 Likes 4 Shares

Re: List Of States That Banned Cross-Over Service by TheGiftedOne(m): 7:40am On Dec 29, 2020
Irrelevant end of year religious ritual. What changes have come with the previous crossover nights? How many of the so-called god of men warned of a disastrous 2020 in the eve of twenty nineteen? Thieves, kidnappers, prostitutes, murderers etc will all attend and continue from where they left off the previous year isn't it?

Nonsense! Crossing over to the second wave of covid-19 I guess. If you like quote me, na you sabi. Who don get sense don get sense.

125 Likes 11 Shares

Re: List Of States That Banned Cross-Over Service by pyyxxaro: 7:43am On Dec 29, 2020
Here in CHIBOK, there’s no Ban cool

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of States That Banned Cross-Over Service by Bluntguy: 8:05am On Dec 29, 2020
No need for this suffering o.
Re: List Of States That Banned Cross-Over Service by greatdreamer(m): 8:40am On Dec 29, 2020
As if they care for the poor masses. Flights from US and UK are coming daily to Nigeria without restriction. It is the poor masses they are after.

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: List Of States That Banned Cross-Over Service by Mysticwebb: 8:45am On Dec 29, 2020
All APC states, if you know you know.
A party that is mostly inclined to .....
It can also be called a ..... Party.
Always looking for opportunity to suppress Christians.
Before you talk about Edo, it is PDP by name and APC by heart.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of States That Banned Cross-Over Service by IamFINESSE: 9:47am On Dec 29, 2020
Afonja Muslim governors trying hard to islamize the whole SW

97 Likes 13 Shares

Re: List Of States That Banned Cross-Over Service by roundman: 9:56am On Dec 29, 2020
TheGiftedOne:
Irrelevant end of year religious ritual. What changes have come with the previous crossover nights? How many of the so-called god of men warned of a disastrous 2020 in the eve of twenty nineteen? Thieves, kidnappers, prostitutes, murderers etc will all attend and continue from where they left off the previous year isn't it?

Nonsense! Crossing over to the second wave of covid-19 I guess. If you like quote me, na you sabi. Who don get sense don get sense.
Just yearly rituals my brother!!!and them G.Os go catch out wella.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: List Of States That Banned Cross-Over Service by Sammy07: 9:57am On Dec 29, 2020
[s]
IamFINESSE:
Afonja Muslim governors trying hard to islamize the whole SW
[/s]

don't carry this mentality enter 2021.

anyways I know you would.

26 Likes

Re: List Of States That Banned Cross-Over Service by Sammy07: 10:00am On Dec 29, 2020
[s]
Mysticwebb:
All APC states, if you know you know.
A party that is mostly inclined to .....
It can also be called a ..... Party.
Always looking for opportunity to suppress Christians.
[/s]

Aketi Ondo is a fucking Christian
Only Osun governor and kwara governor are Muslim.

And hope you know Edo isn't an APC state.

18 Likes

Re: List Of States That Banned Cross-Over Service by Sammy07: 10:02am On Dec 29, 2020
Anyways, someone should tell Aketi that I'm going for cross over night.

and I will take my #20,000 with me.

Ondo state government further added there will be three (3) months imprisonment or N20,000 fine or both for offenders of the law and guidelines, Stechitegist.com reports.

sad

12 Likes

Re: List Of States That Banned Cross-Over Service by Sonnobax15(m): 10:03am On Dec 29, 2020
Nothing bad cha...I go cross over for area,via say deejay go kukuma play all through the night....I go sit down for my area with niggas and we go kill beer together.......what matters most is all of us strolling into 2021 jejely...
Re: List Of States That Banned Cross-Over Service by nairaman66(m): 10:03am On Dec 29, 2020
TheGiftedOne:

This is total nonsense bad reasoning on your part. People have the right to practice whatever religion they want to as long as it conforms to the laws of the land. You do not have the moral prism to judge how a person worships or what has come out of the worship.

Think of ways you can better your life other than jumping into matters that are too complex for your China brain to understand. It’s only the federal government who has the right to impose such actions. Let’s be guided!

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: List Of States That Banned Cross-Over Service by slawormiir: 10:03am On Dec 29, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
Re: List Of States That Banned Cross-Over Service by Sabadon(m): 10:04am On Dec 29, 2020
Makes no sense
Re: List Of States That Banned Cross-Over Service by Heavenschild: 10:04am On Dec 29, 2020
They are all warming up to Cash out if your state doesn't join in the movement na Dem Sabi...
Re: List Of States That Banned Cross-Over Service by Dayoebe(m): 10:04am On Dec 29, 2020
Nonsense
Re: List Of States That Banned Cross-Over Service by jamalnation(m): 10:04am On Dec 29, 2020
Na only kogi sure

1 Like

Re: List Of States That Banned Cross-Over Service by gbolly1151(m): 10:04am On Dec 29, 2020
Kwara state didn't ban cross over ooo....they allow all churches to operate between 9pm to 12:30am then curfew begin at 1am

1 Like

Re: List Of States That Banned Cross-Over Service by Suped0us(f): 10:04am On Dec 29, 2020
Dayoebe:
Nonsense
Aswear
Re: List Of States That Banned Cross-Over Service by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:05am On Dec 29, 2020
The faces of Anti-Christ!!!

Did they ban any activities during the Muslim celebration

I mean this people travelled, they mingled with themselves so why regulations for Christians

Politically, it's not as if they obey this rules when it comes to campaign undecided

Covid-19 without palliatives, mtcheeeeeew

Keep pushing oooooo, it's Building up, one day, very soon the Christians will rebel!!!

Don't say that I didn't want you!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: List Of States That Banned Cross-Over Service by uptimumOne23(m): 10:05am On Dec 29, 2020
Good one from these states

1 Like

Re: List Of States That Banned Cross-Over Service by paulolee(m): 10:05am On Dec 29, 2020
na club owners and pastors go vex pass because it simply means that they would be a drop of revenue coming from their churches that night especially a particular church that do collect "gate fee" from members because they want to control crowd financially..
it would also affect clubs too because they is a norm in Lagos that guys like spending that day lodging in suits with their bea maybe after the new year flexing..
heard my manager friend telling his guys last week that the first of the year is the most lucrative day of each year for all suits owners because all suits would be booked even before that 31st even after increasing its prices...
Re: List Of States That Banned Cross-Over Service by EjaikreTheViper(f): 10:05am On Dec 29, 2020
Humans and their race after irrelevance!
There is no difference between one year and another...
Crossover services are rubbish!!!
They mean nothing
If you don't change your strategies, 2021 will still be like 2020 for you
If you like keep shouting 'My year of this and my year of that'

Confirmedzombie:
I wonder what the South East governors are waiting for. People can worship from home.

SE is doomed

There is no debate here! Your name says it all. No need to call you a zombie because we all know you are a condemned one for that matter

timoadego:
Why do you not get called for interviews?
Do you know that 70percent of CV's fail to make it through the Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
I'll help you upgrade your CV to ATS standard.
This gives you a 70ercent chance of getting a call or mail.
CallorChatme on 0.8.0.3.0.4.4.2.0.3.1
timoadego:
Do you know that 70percent of CV's fail to make it through the Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
timoadego:

My brother you better go and look for something else to do. Things dor change. We are entering 2021. Graduates dor enter street finish. Nobody get time for job hunting again

3 Likes

Re: List Of States That Banned Cross-Over Service by AfroKnight: 10:05am On Dec 29, 2020
South East Governors better do the same. You know people travelled from Lagos to village. Make una no let this covid spread.

But how many Governors even believe Covid is dangerous? The way they handle this pandemic in Naija is just anyhow.
Re: List Of States That Banned Cross-Over Service by endsarrrs(f): 10:05am On Dec 29, 2020
Whether ban or not. 2021 must be a good year smiley

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Festus Keyamo Replies Apostle Johnson Suleman Over Stephanie Otobo / Prophetess Lianna Wittman Marks Birthday With Orphanage And Hospital Visits / Pope Francis Hosts Trans-Women & Eats Lunch With Them At The Vatican (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.