Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,284 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:52 AM

GDP: IMF Ranks Nigeria 1st In Africa, 26th In The World - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GDP: IMF Ranks Nigeria 1st In Africa, 26th In The World (993 Views)

IMF: Nigeria Remains Largest Economy In Africa, 26th In The World / IMF Ranks Nigeria Number 6 On Countries With Best GDP Growth Of 2019 / IMF Ranks Nigeria Second Worst In The World In Use Of Sovereign Wealth Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GDP: IMF Ranks Nigeria 1st In Africa, 26th In The World by NofiuFade(m): 10:09am On Dec 29, 2020
Nigeria stands as the number one country in Africa in the International Monetary Fund (IMF) 2020 World Economic Outlook’s ratings of countries.

Using countries’ GDPs, IMF ranked Nigeria among the first 26 countries in the world in the same position with an average $442,976 million.

Countries are sorted by nominal GDP estimates from financial and statistical institutions, which are calculated at market or government official exchange rates.

Nominal GDP does not take into account differences in the cost of living in different countries, and the results can vary from one year to another based on fluctuations in the exchange rates of the country’s currency.

Such fluctuations may change a country’s ranking from one year to the next, even though they often make little or no difference in the standard of living of its population.

Nigeria had put in place several measures to improve on the economy by tackling various sectors that has direct impact on the lives of its citizens.

The Economic Recovery Growth Plan (ERGP) of the government aims to tackle the key challenges to economic development through tackling constraints to growth and leveraging on the power of the private sector.

It also initiates the promotion of national cohesion and social inclusion, allowing markets to function as well as uphold the core values that define the Nigerian society as enshrined in the 1999 Constitution.

The key principles on which the ERGP stands are focus on tackling constraints to growth; leveraging the power of the private sector and promoting national cohesion and social inclusion.

Others are allowing markets to function and upholding core values that define the Nigerian society.

https://leadership.ng/gdp-imf-ranks-nigeria-1st-in-africa-26th-in-the-world/?amp=1

Re: GDP: IMF Ranks Nigeria 1st In Africa, 26th In The World by LibertyRep: 10:10am On Dec 29, 2020
Something to cheer about, at least.

I hope this positively impact on personal economies in the coming year.

Hope IMF isn't trying to court us for another loan.

1 Like

Re: GDP: IMF Ranks Nigeria 1st In Africa, 26th In The World by RainOnMe: 10:10am On Dec 29, 2020
Ok
Re: GDP: IMF Ranks Nigeria 1st In Africa, 26th In The World by uptimumOne23(m): 10:11am On Dec 29, 2020
Nigeria going places...this is not an easy feat.

No 1 is the target

God bless Baba Buhari and Osinbajo

6 Likes

Re: GDP: IMF Ranks Nigeria 1st In Africa, 26th In The World by ifytrik(m): 10:13am On Dec 29, 2020
Re: GDP: IMF Ranks Nigeria 1st In Africa, 26th In The World by Duridadi: 10:15am On Dec 29, 2020
cheesy

Re: GDP: IMF Ranks Nigeria 1st In Africa, 26th In The World by spy24(m): 10:15am On Dec 29, 2020
Nigerians perish for lack of knowledge

See as some people will celebrate this feat

When it does not tell the real story of the nation

I'm not impressed
Re: GDP: IMF Ranks Nigeria 1st In Africa, 26th In The World by omowolewa: 10:16am On Dec 29, 2020
Congratulations to all Nigerians.

Nigerian are working hard only that their leaders have little or nothing to show for it oo o
Re: GDP: IMF Ranks Nigeria 1st In Africa, 26th In The World by Zendinho(m): 10:19am On Dec 29, 2020
First in terms of loan borrowing or terrorism or hunger or poverty or inflation or banditry......

If its for GDP....then the world bank have err because there's no significant relationship between high GDP and improved standard of living of the people.
Re: GDP: IMF Ranks Nigeria 1st In Africa, 26th In The World by uptimumOne23(m): 10:19am On Dec 29, 2020
spy24:

I'm not impressed

We don't expect you to be impressed. One thing I do know for sure is that if it was the other way around, you would be impressed.

4 Likes

Re: GDP: IMF Ranks Nigeria 1st In Africa, 26th In The World by alizma: 10:32am On Dec 29, 2020
Children of hate how market?
Re: GDP: IMF Ranks Nigeria 1st In Africa, 26th In The World by seunmsg(m): 10:32am On Dec 29, 2020
spy24:

I'm not impressed

Eeyah, he’s so sad! cry cry cry

Sad news about the country gives them orgasm while positive news gives them migraine. Las las, na headache go kill all those who rejoice in hearing negative news about Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: GDP: IMF Ranks Nigeria 1st In Africa, 26th In The World by CodeTemplar: 10:34am On Dec 29, 2020
Let them show us GDP per capita. This one is deceptive in a sense.
Re: GDP: IMF Ranks Nigeria 1st In Africa, 26th In The World by alizma: 10:36am On Dec 29, 2020
spy24:

I'm not impressed
Some people are never impressed about anything in this world till their last breath, so don't worry there are few of your kind out there

3 Likes

Re: GDP: IMF Ranks Nigeria 1st In Africa, 26th In The World by Nobody: 10:44am On Dec 29, 2020
GDP per capita is far more important than GDP

We have the population our GDP should be close to 2 trillion dollars if we are serious
Re: GDP: IMF Ranks Nigeria 1st In Africa, 26th In The World by SaintBeehot(m): 10:52am On Dec 29, 2020
spy24:

I'm not impressed
children of hate and perdition.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GDP: IMF Ranks Nigeria 1st In Africa, 26th In The World by TheRareGem1(f): 11:19am On Dec 29, 2020
spy24:

I'm not impressed

But people like you will feel relieved when it's a pathetic news right. We know you. Nonesense!

1 Like

Re: GDP: IMF Ranks Nigeria 1st In Africa, 26th In The World by TheRareGem1(f): 11:19am On Dec 29, 2020
SaintBeehot:

Abi

1 Like

Re: GDP: IMF Ranks Nigeria 1st In Africa, 26th In The World by Okoroawusa: 11:21am On Dec 29, 2020
I Love PMB
Re: GDP: IMF Ranks Nigeria 1st In Africa, 26th In The World by Nobody: 11:23am On Dec 29, 2020
Actually not impressed

1.GDP is down from 2014..where it was $500billion.

2.The GDP is dependent directly and indirectly on oil prices...which means that tthe more oil falls, the more the thing falls.

3.If this is the highest in Africa, Africa is really broke.

4.Per capitta GDP is $2200. Some developing countries have per capita ten tto twenty times higher than that.

This is not cause for rejoicing.

1 Like

Re: GDP: IMF Ranks Nigeria 1st In Africa, 26th In The World by 400billionman: 12:09pm On Dec 29, 2020
The poorest country by GDP per capita in the world is NIGER republic.

When it comes to the highest concentration of poor people in one country, it is NIGERIA.

Do you see any resemblance here ?

The niggar connection.

1 Like

Re: GDP: IMF Ranks Nigeria 1st In Africa, 26th In The World by spy24(m): 12:10pm On Dec 29, 2020
TheRareGem1:

But people like you will feel relieved when it's a pathetic news right. We know you. Nonesense!

Tell me what exactly does this news change in your life

2 Likes

Re: GDP: IMF Ranks Nigeria 1st In Africa, 26th In The World by spy24(m): 12:11pm On Dec 29, 2020
SaintBeehot:

Child of love and ignorance
Re: GDP: IMF Ranks Nigeria 1st In Africa, 26th In The World by 400billionman: 12:12pm On Dec 29, 2020
Claudiusdeux:
Actually not impressed

1.GDP is down from 2014..where it was $500billion.

2.The GDP is dependent directly and indirectly on oil prices...which means that tthe more oil falls, the more the thing falls.

3.If this is the highest in Africa, Africa is really broke.

4.Per capitta GDP is $2200. Some developing countries have per capita ten tto twenty times higher than that.

This is not cause for rejoicing.

Nigeria cannot appear in first 5 GDP per capita is Africa self based on 210m people. The population is too much.

South Africa has the second highest GDP figure but less than 100m people.

Economic outlook refers to projections. It doesn't contain anything. They are gambling.
Re: GDP: IMF Ranks Nigeria 1st In Africa, 26th In The World by spy24(m): 12:12pm On Dec 29, 2020
alizma:

Some people are never impressed about anything in this world till their last breath, so don't worry there are few of your kind out there

Give me one reason why should be impressed with this news ?

1 Like

Re: GDP: IMF Ranks Nigeria 1st In Africa, 26th In The World by spy24(m): 12:20pm On Dec 29, 2020
seunmsg:

Eeyah, he’s so sad! cry cry cry

Sad news about the country gives them orgasm while positive news gives them migraine. Las las, na headache go kill all those who rejoice in hearing negative news about Nigeria.

Las Las na people like ona go make Nigeria turn to Sudan

So you expect me to celebrate Nigerias rank in GDP ? Ona Mimi don do

Ignorance at its peaks

1 Like

Re: GDP: IMF Ranks Nigeria 1st In Africa, 26th In The World by Miracle1991: 12:23pm On Dec 29, 2020
spy24:

I'm not impressed
you would have been impressed if the report says order wise.
Happy wailing!
Re: GDP: IMF Ranks Nigeria 1st In Africa, 26th In The World by Miracle1991: 12:24pm On Dec 29, 2020
spy24:

Give me one reason why should be impressed with this news ?
why should you? Continue being in pain. Who cares?
Re: GDP: IMF Ranks Nigeria 1st In Africa, 26th In The World by spy24(m): 12:28pm On Dec 29, 2020
Miracle1991:
why should you? Continue being in pain. Who cares?

You no go school naim cause am

If you had gone to school you would have had a better understanding on this issue.

1 Like

Re: GDP: IMF Ranks Nigeria 1st In Africa, 26th In The World by Miracle1991: 12:28pm On Dec 29, 2020
No wonder this thread is dry, if to say the report said order wise, this thread for don reach 89 pages. Children of hate are running away from this thread, lovers of bad news are in pain.
Re: GDP: IMF Ranks Nigeria 1st In Africa, 26th In The World by BlackfireX: 12:48pm On Dec 29, 2020
This shows our Darling President is doing a great work, Daddy oyoyo ...

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: Twitter PERMANENTLY Bans President Trump / Orlu And Environs Don't Relax Yet. / I Will Never Run Like Ojukwu - Nnamdi Kanu Flash Back VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.