Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,905 members, 7,799,042 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

We're building another Wikipedia - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / We're building another Wikipedia (186 Views)

30th Empowerment Programme: We're Consistent With Wealth Creation - Sen Oriolowo / We're Building Another Wikipedia - We Need You / Twitter Wants to Use Wikipedia to Help Determine Who Gets a Blue Checkmark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We're building another Wikipedia by Nobody: 10:33am On Dec 29, 2020
Hello Everyone!

Come, join us let's do this #together for all of us

My name is Aisha, and I will get straight-to-the points.

What we are trying to do

Firstly, We want to raise most of us (content writers/marketers) gradually in time to the same level playing ground that YouTube places the majority of vloggers (video bloggers) so that, we can focused more on creating quality articles, and not let our focus be diverted to things like: how to raise our individual domain authority or how to increase our article visibility in search to benefits from huge free organic traffic or worries like how to foot the cost for hosting and management of our individual websites. Because that would already be taken care of by us.

Why do we wanna do that?

1. We don't just want to make knowledge free and accessible, but to also give everyone who love to share knowledge the opportunity to earn from it.

2. We want to make it easy for the knowledge we share to be seen.

3. We want to give those among us who doesn't contribute to pure-charity project like Wikipedia a reason to contribute their knowledge and still keep it free.

Why you should join us

1. It's difficult to succeed online alone today, without a financial muscles of some sort. But #together we can do more than any of us can. Take the #EndSARS protest for example.

2. Knowing exactly what needs to be done to succeed online doesn't mean you can pull it off easily on your own, but it can easily be done #together. For example, every successful website has a lot of content in the right keywords, a lot of backlinks and social shares. And studies as well experience have shown that getting these ingredients alone (on your own) is very difficult but, it's easy #together. Take Wikipedia for example - no one can build such alone.

3. We have each other's back: You can do what I can't, I can do what you can't, #together we will build an unstoppable general purpose online encyclopedia that most of us will in-time make lots of money from like YouTubers. But unlike YouTubers, you will earn 100% ads/affiliate revenue.

How we're doing it

We're building another Wikipedia (Wikiafripedia) with most of its attributes and more - one that allows monetization. Still, freely accessible.

Why must this project be anything like Wikipedia?

1. Only a general purpose encyclopedia can serves as much content writers/marketers as far as possible, and it seems only a community-based Wiki like Wikipedia or Fandom can serves our dreams but only Wikipedia core content policies would ensure that we remains relevant and up-to-date for almost forever.

2. It is important that we build this project on proven schemes than experiment things on an unpredictable systems as far as we do not trampled on copyright laws, which we haven't so far.

How sure we will succeed in this endeavour?

We will! Because we have succeeded before - we made Wikipedia what it is today.

This time, we want to make another of its kind that allows all author of articles or a section of an article to monetize their contributions. That way, we may encourage more contributions from those who love sharing knowledge as well as keeping these knowledge free and accessible.

I'm interested, how can I become a partner?

It's simple, just follow these and you're in forever:

1. Sign up

2. RES (i.e., Read, Edit and Share)

3. Contribute (write your article)

4. Build backlinks to your articles on Wikiafripedia

SPEAK YOUR MIND. But...

Before you do, you might want to read the complete article - click on 'Join Wiki' in my signature.

Cheers

Re: We're building another Wikipedia by Nobody: 2:37pm On Dec 29, 2020
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Newspapers: Top 10 Headlines Wed, Dec 30th, 2020 / Help Needed Please Am About To Lose My House / Smart-z Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.