Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,808,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:12 AM

Messi Didn't Break Pele's Record - Santos - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Didn't Break Pele's Record - Santos (23707 Views)

Neymar Beats Pele’s Record To Become Brazil’s All-time Top Scorer / Messi Scores Hattrick To Break Pele's Record Of Most Goals Scored By An American / Lionel Messi To Break Pele’s Record In 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi Didn't Break Pele's Record - Santos by sonofElElyon: 5:10pm On Dec 29, 2020
no dispute at all!
both Messi's supporters and Pele's can still boast of a record each...
Messi holds the record for highest number of goals scored in competitive matches for a single club...
Pele still holds the record for highest number of goals scored in all matches (both competitive and friendly) for a single club...
SO THERE!!!
Re: Messi Didn't Break Pele's Record - Santos by Drthobbie: 5:21pm On Dec 29, 2020
Lol
Set awon Donald Trump...they will soon request for recount.
Messi has the new record, accept and move on. Even the player in question (Pele) has congratulated Messi.
Perhaps, they want Santos to trend.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Messi Didn't Break Pele's Record - Santos by ogbonti: 5:21pm On Dec 29, 2020
Jyde89:

mumu how many world cup has ororo won. you guys can't just stay in your lane, you'll never see a Messi fan dragging Ronaldo cos we know who the real Goat is. but trust the Ronaldo fan to always get an errection once the name of Messi is mentioned. I won't be surprised to catch y'all masturbating to his picture in your rooms one day.

Olodo, did I mention Ronaldo name here? Or is Pele the same person as Ronaldo? You surely have comprehension issues - na Ronaldo matter go kee you. You want to die of hypertension over Ronaldo matter when Messi sef no know you or send you- dont go and hussle, be there forming Messi Chief Representative on nairaland without salary - agbaya grin

3 Likes

Re: Messi Didn't Break Pele's Record - Santos by Dollanaira: 5:21pm On Dec 29, 2020
Oh
Re: Messi Didn't Break Pele's Record - Santos by Freemejoor(f): 5:21pm On Dec 29, 2020
The GOAT!!
Re: Messi Didn't Break Pele's Record - Santos by abc115: 5:21pm On Dec 29, 2020
Pele has congratulated Messi. We are not including Friendlies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi Didn't Break Pele's Record - Santos by Allee90: 5:27pm On Dec 29, 2020
Wetin be Santos sef
Re: Messi Didn't Break Pele's Record - Santos by oloyedewaris(m): 5:30pm On Dec 29, 2020
Flango:
shocked

People have to take into context the different times of these footballers. First, Pele was a global star in his time and Santos could not pay him by playing in Brazil alone.

As a result, Santos organized many friendlies with European super clubs at the time which was basically to drive revenue. These friendlies were not as friendly as we have it today like a pre season. They were hardly fought with bragging rights and sometimes trophies on the line.

I find it ridiculous when people compare players who played in different generations.

When you consider that, you'll understand were Santos is coming from. Those friendly goals were not just friendlies in the real sense of it.

Bro you are pained, can you tell me what's the reward for friendly matches
Friendly match is just to train and Get players familiarize with each other

2 Likes

Re: Messi Didn't Break Pele's Record - Santos by AdeolaOmoOba(m): 5:44pm On Dec 29, 2020
BeeBeeOoh:
Messi fans starring at Santos FC right now

Be like say this guy dey boot...

Re: Messi Didn't Break Pele's Record - Santos by sty1es: 5:45pm On Dec 29, 2020
biden123:

Papilo where my Christmas gift?
You're talking in the nansense, you're talking in the wobish. Now gedifok!
Re: Messi Didn't Break Pele's Record - Santos by harmony75: 6:36pm On Dec 29, 2020
Cr7 the king's gang we have nothing to say � �������

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi Didn't Break Pele's Record - Santos by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 7:10pm On Dec 29, 2020
Santos fc is in pains.

Next news pls
Re: Messi Didn't Break Pele's Record - Santos by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:11pm On Dec 29, 2020
Officialhorlah:
Mumu Santos
Even PELE knew he broke the recordgrin
He broke the record Periodt!

Merde......SIX Ballons d'Or!

If only there was one tiny little World Cup.......
Re: Messi Didn't Break Pele's Record - Santos by Karleb(m): 7:40pm On Dec 29, 2020
ogbonti:

Olodo, did I mention Ronaldo name here? Or is Pele the same person as Ronaldo? You surely have comprehension issues - na Ronaldo matter go kee you. You want to die of hypertension over Ronaldo matter when Messi sef no know you or send you- dont go and hussle, be there forming Messi Chief Representative on nairaland without salary - agbaya grin

Messi chief representative. You get bad mouth o. grin

2 Likes

Re: Messi Didn't Break Pele's Record - Santos by Beverlyjean(f): 7:46pm On Dec 29, 2020
Jyde89:

mumu how many world cup has ororo won. you guys can't just stay in your lane, you'll never see a Messi fan dragging Ronaldo cos we know who the real Goat is. but trust the Ronaldo fan to always get an errection once the name of Messi is mentioned. I won't be surprised to catch y'all masturbating to his picture in your rooms one day.

U just did what u falsely accused someone of...how is pele same with Ronaldo...so because he supports the statement by Santos, it now means he is a Ronaldo fan....u messi fans just can't get Ronaldo of ur heads...he sure gives u guys nightmares
Re: Messi Didn't Break Pele's Record - Santos by zudozz: 8:02pm On Dec 29, 2020
After Pele who scored the goals has congratulated Messi.
Re: Messi Didn't Break Pele's Record - Santos by Nobody: 8:06pm On Dec 29, 2020
Logon360:
There's a reason why competitive appearances only are entered into a player's record. Else players will be organising friendly matches for charity where they will be scoring 10 goals each and adding to their records. I'm not a Messi fan but Santos has no case here. Messi has officially broken the record

Messi's goals in friendly matches also counts...same with every other player today
Re: Messi Didn't Break Pele's Record - Santos by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 29, 2020
kenzysmith:
For me as far Pele didn't play in Europe buh Brazilian mediocre league without world class professional coaches, and no tactical input at that time Santos should even be glad their club is recognized. what of me that has scored over 2000 goals in monkey post and normal secondary school match nobody recognize me . there was a day I scored 23 goals for monkey post till date only halaand of Norway has come close to my record with 9goals in under20 world cup
Hahahahaha...
You killed it bro
Re: Messi Didn't Break Pele's Record - Santos by afo4real(m): 8:23pm On Dec 29, 2020
kenzysmith:
For me as far Pele didn't play in Europe buh Brazilian mediocre league without world class professional coaches, and no tactical input at that time Santos should even be glad their club is recognized. what of me that has scored over 2000 goals in monkey post and normal secondary school match nobody recognize me . there was a day I scored 23 goals for monkey post till date only halaand of Norway has come close to my record with 9goals in under20 world cup
You are on point.
Re: Messi Didn't Break Pele's Record - Santos by Ayo2004: 8:23pm On Dec 29, 2020
If unofficial goals are counted,I have scored more goals than Messi,Pele and even Ronaldo put together grin
Re: Messi Didn't Break Pele's Record - Santos by ogbonti: 8:23pm On Dec 29, 2020
Karleb:

Messi chief representative. You get bad mouth o. grin

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Messi Didn't Break Pele's Record - Santos by RealEzee(m): 8:38pm On Dec 29, 2020
Jyde89:

but the guy no mention CR7 naa, na so u dey insecured reach ni grin, besides Messi never get national trophy for Argentina sef make we dey tell ourselves truth grin
Re: Messi Didn't Break Pele's Record - Santos by ogbonti: 8:44pm On Dec 29, 2020
If there was Ballon D'Or in Pele's time - he would have won it in 1958, 1959, 1960, 1961, (1962- I will give it to Garrincha because Pele didnt play much in this world cup due to Injury) 1963, 1964, 1965, (1966- maybe Bobby Charlton would have won that because England won the world cup or Eusebio of Portugal for his dazzling performance) 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970!!!!!!!!

Pele should have collected 11 Ballon D' Or grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Messi Didn't Break Pele's Record - Santos by RealEzee(m): 8:49pm On Dec 29, 2020
[quote author=kenzysmith post=97523337]For me as far Pele didn't play in Europe buh Brazilian mediocre league without world class professional coaches, and no tactical input at that time Santos should even be glad their club is recognized. what of me that has scored over 2000 goals in monkey post and normal secondary school match nobody recognize me . there was a day I scored 23 goals for monkey post till date only halaand of Norway has come close to my record with 9goals in under20 world cup..

Omo Pele no be small man, and twas that he couldn't have played in Europe guun, read this about the guy at such a young age

"After the 1958 and the 1962 World Cup, wealthy European clubs, such as Real Madrid , Juventus and Manchester United , tried to sign him in vain; in 1958 Inter Milan even managed to get him a regular contract, but Angelo Moratti was forced to tear the contract up at the request of Santos' chairman following a revolt by Santos' Brazilian fans.

In 1961 the government of Brazil under President Jânio Quadros declared Pelé an "official national treasure" to prevent him from being transferred out of the country. "

Pele dey on a whole different level of greatness mehnnn

Source: Wikipedia
Re: Messi Didn't Break Pele's Record - Santos by RealEzee(m): 8:50pm On Dec 29, 2020
ogbonti:
If there was Ballon D'Or in Pele's time - he would have won it in 1958, 1959, 1960, 1961, (1962- I will give it to Garrincha because Pele didnt play much in this world cup due to Injury) 1963, 1964, 1965, (1966- maybe Bobby Charlton would have won that because England won the world cup) 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970!!!!!!!!

Pele should have collected 11 Ballon D' Or grin grin grin grin grin
as In ehnnn grin
Re: Messi Didn't Break Pele's Record - Santos by Yeyenairaland(m): 9:01pm On Dec 29, 2020
Bleep it

Pele is overrated

Playing that era without proper officiating and you'll be scoring offside goals cool
Re: Messi Didn't Break Pele's Record - Santos by ogbonti: 9:03pm On Dec 29, 2020
RealEzee:
as In ehnnn grin

yea that 66 sha should be Charlton or Eusebio wink
Re: Messi Didn't Break Pele's Record - Santos by bayelsaowei(m): 9:08pm On Dec 29, 2020
internationalman:
Even Pele himself has congratulated Messi...

Pained people everywhere.
grin
Re: Messi Didn't Break Pele's Record - Santos by Jyde89: 10:29pm On Dec 29, 2020
RealEzee:
but the guy no mention CR7 naa, na so u dey insecured reach ni grin, besides Messi never get national trophy for Argentina sef make we dey tell ourselves truth grin

only a CR7 fan can troll Messi, in football you are either a CR7 or a Messi.
Re: Messi Didn't Break Pele's Record - Santos by Jyde89: 10:34pm On Dec 29, 2020
Beverlyjean:

U just did what u falsely accused someone of...how is pele same with Ronaldo...so because he supports the statement by Santos, it now means he is a Ronaldo fan....u messi fans just can't get Ronaldo of ur heads...he sure gives u guys nightmares

like I said, in football you're either a CR7 or a Messi fan. and the last thing I'll do is go on the offence against CR7, that's the job of his fans. we the Messi fans are more sophisticated.

1 Like

Re: Messi Didn't Break Pele's Record - Santos by Jyde89: 10:39pm On Dec 29, 2020
ogbonti:

you're the inconsequential fool for asking how many world cup Messi has won. and guess what, only a jobless ororo fan will be stupid enough to ask that question. real football lovers knows Messi need not win the world cup to prove his greatness. asiaraba, I hope Ronaldo is paying his minions well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"It's All Jealousy!": Zlatan Ibrahimovic Slams Paul Pogba’s Critics / A List Of Great Players Who Failed As Coaches / Rangers Players Storm Mbaka Church To Thank God For Helping Them Win Kano Pillar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.