Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

Must I Fall In Love Before I Marry? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Must I Fall In Love Before I Marry? (24410 Views)

Herbalist Simon Odo: I Marry Additional Wife When Any Of My 58 Wives Insults Me / I Fall Sick Due To Lack Of Sex In My Marriage – Woman / 'I Fall Ill Because My Husband Starves Me Of Sex' - Sex Starved Housewife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must I Fall In Love Before I Marry? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Dec 30, 2020
Hassanmaye:

Wow lucky you. You marry a Nigerian woman that is giving you peace of mind, you should thank God seriously

Bro. Nigerian women are women just like any other. That they are particularly bad is a false myth. If you treat them right, they'll be good. In my experience, a wife can always be moulded the right way, but you have to be a real man... responsible and in control... before you can do that. And the first step is to define gender roles by taking over all financial responsibility...which most men nowadays hate. The second is to lead and not to be led; as your rightful role dictates.

Whenever you're in doubt, think about how our elders behaved. You will notice that they were not weak, feminised men and therefore always had the respect of their wives. Today's men are the authors of their own fate, so stop blaming Nigerian women.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Must I Fall In Love Before I Marry? by oseoji: 10:40pm On Dec 30, 2020
A man would claim my marriage is happy, I am the leader, I am strong and powerful.. Ask the wife if given the opportunity whether she would marry the same man again, na there truth go begin pour cheesy

No formula in the thing because different strokes,different folks. Just treat each other with respect, the way you would want someone to treat your son not daughter. All other things will fall in place jeje except you're married to a natural demon.

1 Like

Re: Must I Fall In Love Before I Marry? by amehen(m): 10:55pm On Dec 30, 2020
BigDawsNet:
When you find the right woman

You will love her and marry her

And have a wonderful family

You are 30... Don't rush because you wanna break your record

Relax and search.. You will find someone nice and cool
You are right but the right woman is always very difficult to find because if you are average or below average economically as a man, your definition of a good woman will be:
1.A woman that is not materialistic
2.A woman that is supportive
3.A woman that is not extravagant
4.A woman that is not insultive but respectful
5.A woman that has common sense.

The above 5 are not difficult to possess but how many women of our days possess these realistic qualities. I think this is the kind of woman the op is looking for. If you are a lady in this forum and you have these qualities kindly let me know.

1 Like

Re: Must I Fall In Love Before I Marry? by bluefilm: 11:22pm On Dec 30, 2020
Hassanmaye:

Are you married now?

No Sir.

1 Like

Re: Must I Fall In Love Before I Marry? by seaga: 9:16am On Dec 31, 2020
Brownpeanut:
I thought I was the only one finding hard to fall in love. But how can you marry someone you don't love? There's this guy that has been pestering me. He has everything a woman can ever hope for, but I don't just feel anything for him; or love him. I can't date someone I don't love not to talk of marrying them.
It doesn't always work that way, if you read through this tread I believe you would have observed that already. Especially is this conspicuous social media age where the mind is corrupt. I see so many young ladies in your shoes they are either looking for fun or looking for that fairy spark that usually gets them falling into wrong hands time over, if you find a man that adores you, respects you responsible all you need is to give it a chance , I believe love grows. In this era I discovered your type isn't usually good for you(corruption of the mind). You are a lady make a hay when the sun still shines
Re: Must I Fall In Love Before I Marry? by Hathor5(f): 10:10pm On Jan 01, 2021
Marrying the one you love and who loves you is a blessing.

2 Likes

Re: Must I Fall In Love Before I Marry? by amehen(m): 11:15pm On Jan 01, 2021
alizma:

I don't know what you mean by being in love but what I know is that, as a man, when you are matured enough, financially, emotionally etc and you think you need a partner not a househelp, then sit down and try to figure out the kind of partner you want both in stature, skin color, vabal expression etc then take your right up in your head as you go around and when you meet that person, give her a chance to proof your assumption right or wrong then move on from their.
U are right but to see a lady that meet up with at least 50% of the write up so to say is very difficult and almost impossible to find
Re: Must I Fall In Love Before I Marry? by DedeNkem: 4:16am On Jan 02, 2021
whyteteeth:
I am 30 this year and it has always been my dream to marry @ 30 or before 30. But the truth is I haven't been able to fall in love with any woman for years now. I do have sex. And I have women in my life from time to time yet I am not in love with any of them.

Now the real issue is this, I stumbled on an article in this forum days back that says that an arranged marriage is the best meaning that without being in love with your spouse, you two can still have a successful marriage, and I have been giving it a thought.

With this premise, Should I just marry and then maybe love can grow over time or should I keep waiting till I fall in love before I marry? I seriously need your advice please..

Setting an age to marraige is ambitious but it's not always feasible, because an unexpected circumstance could derail it.

Arranged marriage is a thing of the past and a very bad way to go about your predicament, unless you intentionally want the marriage to fail!

the likelihood of a Love marriage being successful is 50%, but an arranged one is less than that.

Let me ask you a simple question. Let us assume marraige is like a river. Would you like to swim in a river you're familiar with or a strange one? You know the answer.

Solution: Start dating quality women and DO NOT waste your precious time on one you don't wish marry! If you do so, you'll surely find your right woman and you'll definitely know. Don't ever hurry into marriage and if you take your time, you'll surely make it.

I know what I'm talking about because I married with love, it's wonderful and I've no regret whatsoever!

Good luck!
Re: Must I Fall In Love Before I Marry? by DedeNkem: 4:32am On Jan 02, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:
No. In fact, falling in love must be the single greatest reason why so many marriages end up in divorce. This is because when you love, you close your eyes to her faults and still go ahead to marry. By the time your eyes open after one or two children; as they surely will; all the faults will just hit you gbam in the face. You will then either divorce, start cheating, or live out the rest of your life in an unhappy and dysfunctional marriage. It is far better to go into marriage with open eyes; i.e. no love blinding you. That way, you choose wisely.

Of course the above advice is obviously only for men, since women never marry for love but enter marriage with open eyes, and are always fully aware of the man's faults before they marry.

Wow! That's a shitty advice! Can you be friends with someone you don't like? No!

Then why would anyone marry someone they don't love? It makes absolutely no sense!

1 Like

Re: Must I Fall In Love Before I Marry? by DedeNkem: 4:50am On Jan 02, 2021
RisenPhoenix1:

Yes. But I jettisoned all myths of love and romance long before I got married, and I'm more happily married today because of it. Fondness steps in as time goes by. I think that is the true love, not all this Hollywood/ Nollywood nonsense you see on TV.
Love is only a myth to someone who hasn't experienced it.

Marrying without love is a terrible thing to do! That yours works still doesn't prove it's a good thing to do!

That someone survived swimming in a shark infested river doesn't mean it is a good idea to do so!
Re: Must I Fall In Love Before I Marry? by alizma: 10:33am On Jan 02, 2021
amehen:

U are right but to see a lady that meet up with at least 50% of the write up so to say is very difficult and almost impossible to find

Then the man has problem
Re: Must I Fall In Love Before I Marry? by AmeLonRo(m): 4:22pm On Jan 03, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2face's Marriage: Which Of Them Is Truly Responsible For The Toxic Marriage? / A Nigerian Man Finds Out His 32-Year-Old 'Son' Is Not His (Video) / Mother Abandons A Newborn Baby In An Uncompleted Building In Kaduna (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.