Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,400 members, 7,808,432 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 - Car Talk (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 (59724 Views)

Acura ZDX Or Benz GLK / 2019 BMW X5 Unveiled (Photos And Details) / Driver Calls 911 While Going 100mph After His BMW X5's Throttle Gets Stuck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by GhostWisperer: 7:20am On Dec 30, 2020
DAVE5:

Oga all is hype joor, car nah car

Buy wetin u like
car no be car, Oga. Until you drive them on the highway.
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by sacajawea: 7:20am On Dec 30, 2020
Spaxon:

Lol it's good to have a car that won't make you use ur credit card every month for repairs yunno
You buy a Good, Durable, strong Car, that is what your thread is for right?
He is talking about The price Or high price of The parts should there be a need for Repairs, Servicing or Replacement.
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by DAVE5(m): 7:35am On Dec 30, 2020
GhostWisperer:
car no be car, Oga. Until you drive them on the highway.

Buy wetin u like, when u reach highway u go still like am

One man’s meat; another man’s poison

If u dash me any SUV/CUV, no matter how expensive or fine or classy with exception to Porsche macan, rolls Royce cullinan and gle63 coupe, I’d sell it and buy a fine looking sedan with classy interior and madt power
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by tonyashburton: 7:44am On Dec 30, 2020
BUY THE CROSSTOUR.I REPEAT BUY THE CROSSTOUR!
It's the most reliable of the three although the least luxurious.
Although I know it's really for you.�
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by 400billionman: 7:53am On Dec 30, 2020
Spaxon:

Have you any experience with the BMW you'd love to share?

It is problematic when it's old.

So get brand new.
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Kunja2: 8:23am On Dec 30, 2020
Spaxon:

Thanks for the info. Do u have an experience with the ZDX
apologies for trying to digress, but how will this curious guy get to know you in person? Sorry, I suck at pick-up lines
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by GhostWisperer: 8:42am On Dec 30, 2020
DAVE5:

Buy wetin u like, when u reach highway u go still like am

One man’s meat; another man’s poison

If u dash me any SUV/CUV, no matter how expensive or fine or classy with exception to Porsche macan, rolls Royce cullinan and gle63 coupe, I’d sell it and buy a fine looking sedan with classy interior and madt power
your last paragraph just supported my theory that car no be car.

You no go compare the interior or power or driving characteristics with BMW and Honda/Acura.
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Enyimbamercedes: 8:49am On Dec 30, 2020
Spaxon:

Wow. This is a great experience. No axle issues of any kind?

During the 5000km service, I go into the pit and examine the entire underside of the vehicle.

I have never had any axle issue; I recently changed out the transfer case and rear diff fluids as well.
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by slex(m): 8:50am On Dec 30, 2020
Spaxon:

Have you na experience with any pls. Share ni biko

The Zdx is a product of honda but the luxury brand. THE Zdx moves well and still turns heads anywhere. Rarely gives issue, just follow a good maintenance culture.

The BMW (I'm. Guessing the X5 or X6) also a good Suv for senior men. Handling and performance very very good.
Have to watch out for maintenance here as well.

The BMW x5 offers more space than the ZDX
More practical.
But more expensive to maintain than the ZdX..

ZDX LIKE THE X6 HAVE THIS SPORTY Look. I FEEL the Zdx is a better choice. Another thing your dad, what does he like in a vehicle., speed? Performance? Reliability? Fuel economy? Appearance?
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 8:53am On Dec 30, 2020
AFONJACOW:
Tell him to get Lamborghini or Ferrari, he must be one of these yam eaters in civil service,

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by KaluwisxPRO: 8:53am On Dec 30, 2020
Spaxon:

Did you get a Brand New one or Tokumbo.?
No axle problems?

Bought directly from Cotonou. Never had any axle problems.
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 8:54am On Dec 30, 2020
lonelydora:

On the aforementioned cars, your dad as a retiree should go for the Honda Crosstour. Run away from ZDX even though it's similar to Crosstour.

If your dad is well to do as a retiree, he should go for the X5 which is better than all of them.

By the way, did you consider some Lexus products?
Not at all yet

1 Like

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 8:55am On Dec 30, 2020
nams77:

Pls do. For his peace of mind. grin A man needs peace above every other thing at this stage.

If you need more info on those rides, I will be willing to share and there are other very competent experts here too that can help you with the purchase. I can mention two I trust.
Feel free to share. I do appreciate this
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 8:58am On Dec 30, 2020
Kunja2:
apologies for trying to digress, but how will this curious guy get to know you in person? Sorry, I suck at pick-up lines
You're curious enough.
And you're doing just fine
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Ifebazz(m): 9:02am On Dec 30, 2020
What is X5 doing amongst toys? It's an insult to the Bavarian Motor Works.

Spaxon:
Hello. I dunno if I can get help. I don't really know the specs of these cars. But I believe we got people with great experience here. My Dad's retired and wants to get one of these and we are actually inexperienced with cars outside Toyota.
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Wettoid123: 9:03am On Dec 30, 2020
Spaxon:

Would you please ask you staff for a. Quick review

The çar is just too OK that guy can't do without BMW he have the 5series, the X5 series,and a convertible BMW but what I will advice you is that such cars that you want to go for are not the type of car you drive everyday like Toyota product cos they are executive car it is good you alternate such expensive cars with other cheaper ones
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Spaxon(f): 9:13am On Dec 30, 2020
Wettoid123:

The çar is just too OK that guy can't do without BMW he have the 5series, the X5 series,and a convertible BMW but what I will advice you is that such cars that you want to go for are not the type of car you drive everyday like Toyota product cos they are executive car it is good you alternate such expensive cars with other cheaper ones
Will do just fine.
With the car I think dad will love the luxury it brings
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Ifebazz(m): 9:18am On Dec 30, 2020
Just ask him to buy Corolla, because the next episode after 'parts are expensive' is 'e nor dey chop fuel'. Abeg you guys should let the old man enjoy some good driving experience with the BMW X5. If he can afford it, he should go for it, after all, there's more to life than all these 'cheap things'.

coolcharm:
Go for Honda Cross Tour. Cheaper parts than ZDX and BMW.

Infact, runaway from that ZDX. Parts are as expensive as kilode.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by tyup(m): 9:20am On Dec 30, 2020
Odinaka00:

That could be old model cuz 2018 of it is about 1mill Rands in South Africa

Naturally cars are more expensive in South Africa compared to Nigeria a 2005 Camry here which sell at 1.8, 2m can sell for 2.5m over there when converting the Rand price to Naira
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by meetgaya: 9:24am On Dec 30, 2020
Spaxon:

Besides normal changing of oil n all that. Any Serious challenges u faced?
The only challenge I had then was ac, I had to replaced it
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Nobody: 9:25am On Dec 30, 2020
I think he should go for the Honda accord crosstour of the last model year... Facelift, upgraded interior and of course, new generation engine and gear. Na 2021 we dey enter so.. 2015 model car still recent for this bad naira economy.
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by erico2k2(m): 9:59am On Dec 30, 2020
Spaxon:

Me I don't have experience na cheesy
one nah motor the other nah car

1 Like

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by pretyval: 10:00am On Dec 30, 2020
Alright then... Go with BMW or get an Audi. Don't go close to Acura and that Honda.... A BM and Audi might be slightly more expensive but you can trust them....

Spaxon:

He's tired of Toyota .
Not like they aren't good. He's used them for so long
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by pretyval: 10:00am On Dec 30, 2020
It's fine, apology accepted... Have a prosperous new year.....
Tango123:

Sorry bro. I never said u are fraudulent. Not at all. If anything in what i said suggests that, i am sorry

I was only sayimg that sellers woild advertise what they have. That is not to say that what they are advertising is bad or fraudulent. Not at all

As u said, the op no be children. Op should make ur his or her mind

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by sacajawea: 10:05am On Dec 30, 2020
sacajawea:

You buy a Good, Durable, strong Car, that is what your thread is for right?
He is talking about The price Or high price of The parts should there be a need for Repairs, Servicing or Replacement.
Spaxon you no talk again? Olódò, you sef no know wetin you want, yinmu
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Kunja2: 10:31am On Dec 30, 2020
Spaxon:

You're curious enough.
And you're doing just fine
don't do a Niqqa like this na. I know this line and its you tryna put me on a long thing. Not fair at all cry

Able to arrive at a conclusion as regards the car your Dad should buy?
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Tango123: 10:41am On Dec 30, 2020
Spaxon:

Share ur experience with me pls

I dont know what there is to share really. One thing about me isnthat i buy cars that are very sound, with low mileage. I insist on less than 70k kilometres

I maintain my cars very well. So i really have never had any issues with my well maintained Hondas

I insist on only original parts when changing anything. Thanks to God i can afford it. For me, fake parts is false economy. It will break again, and u spend more. Luckily, i have a good mechanic that always buys original parts for me (of course, he always adds 2k on price of each item. But i dknt care because he uses his time to go buy parts).

Original honda parts are easily available

Love ur car and listen to it all the time. If u hear any strange noise, attend to it

So as i said, i really dont know what to share as i hve never had any problem with my Hondas. Its been all plain sailing, but i maintained them well.
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Wettoid123: 10:49am On Dec 30, 2020
Spaxon:

Will do just fine.
With the car I think dad will love the luxury it brings

Better he needs the luxury type the car is good to go anytime, me I sell autos too I always import direct from Texas .
Good luck dear!

1 Like

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by richeeyo(m): 10:50am On Dec 30, 2020
ednut1:
Get him Toyota Rav 4. Ask your self how many crosstour still dey roads for 9ja. E get why
Bro that's true ooo
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by dadabashua1(m): 11:05am On Dec 30, 2020
femarse:
so the OP was here for advice on 3 different cars
the OP mention that the only experience the pop man got is on Toyota
so it's clear the pop man in his old age want to taste something flashy and different from a Toyota

what did Toyota fans did ?

they all advice OP pop man to go back and buy Toyota ...as in the OP pop man must drive Toyota till death do him and life apart

why is stupidity not far from Toyota fans ? with the way they all condemn Honda
you will think you can't see Toyota in mechanic workshop.....but go take a look , they constitutes 75% of cars in mechanic workshop, don't argue , just go to any workshop, snap it comprehensively in one shoot , let's do the car comparison there
honestly the way they reason ehhhh so backwards I must say.truly someone easily get bored of Toyota cars,even the luxury brands (Lexus),telling him he must use a car his tired of,them no get at sense at all,and to think of it I can bet it 80 percent of them condemning Honda and other brand never owned a car or never driven a Honda brand, pathetic.
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Odinaka00(m): 11:38am On Dec 30, 2020
tyup:

Naturally cars are more expensive in South Africa compared to Nigeria a 2005 Camry here which sell at 1.8, 2m can sell for 2.5m over there when converting the Rand price to Naira

No bro I think cars re more expensive in Nigeria than in SA. Imagine à 2005 model of Camry being sold at 2mill...2005 model? For 2mill? Lol but on a more serious question do people still drive 2005 cars in Naija?
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by GidisFinest: 11:42am On Dec 30, 2020
If he can afford a brand new BMW with the price tag, then yes he should. smiley
Spaxon:

He'll be getting a brand new of either of them. So a BMW is great right?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

See How Much A Brand New Car Cost In 1977 / 2015 Porsche Macan: The Cutest SUV On Nigerian Road / Look At How Someone Converted A Mercedes Benz To A Rolls Royce (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.