Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,426 members, 7,808,527 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:03 PM

My Mum Justified To Slap My Wife? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Mum Justified To Slap My Wife? (4272 Views)

If He Call You Names For Refusing Him A Date, I Urge You To Slap Him! / Was My Mother Justified To Slap My Wife? / I Tested Her With A Small Slap Before Our Wedding And She Called It Off - Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mum Justified To Slap My Wife? by cooooooks(m): 2:49am On Dec 30, 2020
It is absolutely not normal for mothers to slap their grown, working, independent children. Not in this Nigeria.

leksite120:
And so?
So if the wife's mother slap her no matter what, would she retaliate?

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Justified To Slap My Wife? by cooooooks(m): 2:51am On Dec 30, 2020
*Can't?

Teaveapoet:

My mother can't hit me cos she doesn't pry in my marital affairs.
I stand against violence, abuse or whatever from anyone. I'm an adult you can hit an adult over a mistake.
Re: My Mum Justified To Slap My Wife? by khia: 3:06am On Dec 30, 2020
Romanoff:
Your mum has and had no right to slap your wife.

Whatever your wife did, she meant well, even though it's bad she collected items on credit.

Your mum should count on you to address the issue, if your mum slapped your wife, she prolly did it cause she didn't think you can handle matters in your home.

If I was your wife, how you set your mother straight will determine if I'll let you continue to lead me as a husband.

Cause a lot of women have been led astray cause the man leading them lacks the capacity to do so.

Although this story is very old I'll put my two cents in. A grown mature woman doesn't need anyone to lead her, advise her yes, we all can use advice at times. The wife of the op is not a woman she's a grown child.

The child is only 2 years old and wouldn't remember a thing, a simple get together with family and a couple of friends would have sufficed. This overdone party was for show not for the baby. It seems a lot of Nigerians place value on impressing others.

The mother was out of line and very disrespectful to his wife and himself. If it were me she would only have one time to slap me.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Justified To Slap My Wife? by khia: 3:25am On Dec 30, 2020
NiRfreak:
Your mum may be wrong, but your wife is like a child compare to your mom..and your mom must have been fed up of her disrespect and frustration on you. That's why she slapped her.

If she slapped my mummy in my presence after all her role in the birthday debt stuff, I will lay my hand on her to appease my mother. I won't throw her bag out just yet and won't file for divorce just yet, that will be impulsive...
I will just beat her on the spot for slapping my mom. And live with the malice that will ensue.Till she's ready to make peace and apologize, I won't care. I can't live with the idea that my wife slapped my mother without doing anything.That's disrespect to both me and my mother....And such wife will hardly respect me. And depending on her attitude after that incident, that will determine how long we will be together.

So it's ok for your mother to slap the mess out of your wife without provocation? You would beat your wife for deffending herself (a natural reaction) and not put your mother in check? You and your mother are violent beasts

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Justified To Slap My Wife? by khia: 3:28am On Dec 30, 2020
Bennysam:

This your comment is reason men die first in marriage

They probably die from their abusive mothers.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Justified To Slap My Wife? by khia: 3:30am On Dec 30, 2020
Bennysam:

If you’re a man you will die young in marriage because las las your wife will take advantage of your stupidity and kill you

What he posted was 100% on point.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Justified To Slap My Wife? by khia: 3:34am On Dec 30, 2020
Bennysam:

Tomorrow people like you will claim they’re red pill

He's correct.

1 Like

Re: My Mum Justified To Slap My Wife? by khia: 3:40am On Dec 30, 2020
tnerro1:
If my mom slap my wife, I will beg my wife and tell my mom not to do it again. If my wife slaps my mom, I go beat shege comot for her body.

You're not a man.
Re: My Mum Justified To Slap My Wife? by Originalsly: 4:40am On Dec 30, 2020
Hmmm..... all of you have a common problem..... anger management. Mother bursts into anger... slaps daughter in law..... daughter in law bursts into anger... slaps mother in law.... husband bursts into anger ... throws out wife and her belongings .... still boiling in anger files for divorce ... now simmering runs to Nairaland for coolant. All of you wrong.
Divorce should never be a hasty decision.... worse... when kids are involved. You need to reach out... have a talk... make the kids welfare the priority and move forward from that point.

3 Likes

Re: My Mum Justified To Slap My Wife? by leksite120(m): 7:07am On Dec 30, 2020
cooooooks:
It is absolutely not normal for mother's to slap their grown, working, independent children. Not in this Nigeria.

Yes, it may not be okay, but we're in Nigeria.
so u mean if your mother slaps u, you'll retaliate
Re: My Mum Justified To Slap My Wife? by cooooooks(m): 7:16am On Dec 30, 2020
My mom does not slap me. Her mom did not slap her as an adult either. I'm not 10 years old oga.

leksite120:
Yes, it may not be okay, but we're in Nigeria.
so u mean if your mother slaps u, you'll retaliate

1 Like

Re: My Mum Justified To Slap My Wife? by Kamdil: 7:18am On Dec 30, 2020
Anfield247:

But don't you think his mom over-reacted?
yes she did. Same way her own mum can over react and do same to her,would she have slapped back her own mum if she does same to her?
Re: My Mum Justified To Slap My Wife? by BlueAir: 7:18am On Dec 30, 2020
angry Op mother was not wrong for what she did.chances are high the stupid woman's mother would have done the same angry.. and op mother didn't slap her because of her son! She slapped the stupid wife because the idiott disgraced the family and marriage.big difference! That wife deserves all blames from all corners. She's a insatiable woman with no sense of contention!she wanted to blackmail the husband into paying for what she had taken on credit without telling him regardless of wether he'll break his legs to pay.shes a dirty player and op is shooting himself more to say he misses her or if he takes it any easy with her!
Godoverevery:
Sometimes I just wonder if most women were created to be trouble in a man Life..... Men are passing through alot ooo.

Your mum was wrong
Your wife was wrong
All of you were wrong

You made a big mistake marrying a materialistic woman and one whom you can't control due to lack of finance.

I wouldn't have divorce her but she stops to be my wife that day.
Re: My Mum Justified To Slap My Wife? by spice123(m): 7:20am On Dec 30, 2020
Freestainworld:
Guys let's hear your opinion, from the story Bellow.

My name is Chidi-ebere Lewis, I have an issue on my mind which I really need your opinions and not insults. I am a teacher in one of the private schools in my area in Isefun and my wife is a Secretary/PA in a big company and her salary a month is like four times what I receive. We have a daughter of two years old and on the day of her second birthday my wife and I decided to throw her a birthday party because on her first birthday we didn’t do much, we just marked the birthday with family members only since I was not buoyant enough to throw an elaborate party for her so for some weeks my wife was very angry with me and when the issue got to my mum she was furious that she was inconsiderate and heartless.

Now the 2nd birthday was at the corner so she began the preparation without my knowledge, buying things for the celebration and keeping them in her friend’s place. Later, she came and told me our child’s birthday was just a week away what was the plan. In response, I said you know, I haven’t been paid for two months now and you have been given me transport to go to work, so, what is on your mind. She gave me a paper with a list of items needed for the party summing up to N105,000 approximately; I was alarmed. ‘Are we throwing a party for the whole community or what, where do you want me to get such an amount from?’ I yelled at her. That’s how trouble started again? I spoke to her mum about it who told her to cut her coat according to her cloth; likewise my mum was.

Unknown to me, some of the things she bought were on credit from her friend who owns a super-market in our area. After the party, some weeks later, her friend, the owner of the super-market, came to the house on a Sunday evening to ask for her money and my mum came to visit us that same day. As we were seeing my mum off, we met her friend coming in from the gate. She started shouting that we have been avoiding her and that we were not coming to her shop to buy things since then. She also said she has seen my wife go to other shops to buy. I was lost in words and I advised her to calm down so that we could talk. We all went back inside the house to listen to her. She narrated to us the whole story and I asked my wife if what she was saying was true and to my greatest surprise she confirmed. In anger, my mum stood up and slapped her and immediately she slapped my mum back and I was so disappointed with her to the extent that I threw all her belongings out and told her to leave my house without touching her. This led to me filing for divorce, ever since the incidence, I have not had peace of mind because I miss my family but if you were in my shoes; what would you do?
I like saying the truth without missing words. Oga you need to double your hustle. I was once in your shoes as a Teacher when I got married to my wife. She was earning more than double of my salary until I had to change jobs to a higher pay coupled with home lesson. Believe it or not, man's responsibility is a man's responsibility. If a woman earns higher than you no matter how handsome or the status of a man, he will always be insulted.
Re: My Mum Justified To Slap My Wife? by cooooooks(m): 7:23am On Dec 30, 2020
Did you forget that OP is currently being owed salary? It is only OP's wife who is bringing in money currently.

BlueAir:
angry Op mother was not wrong for what she did.chances are high the stupid woman's mother would have done the same angry.. and op mother didn't slap her because of her son! She slapped the stupid wife because the idiott disgraced the family and marriage.big difference! That wife deserves all blames from all corners. She's a insatiable woman with no sense of contention!she wanted to blackmail the husband into paying for what she had taken on credit without telling him regardless of wether he'll break his legs to pay.shes a dirty player and op is shooting himself more to say he misses her or if he takes it any easy with her!

1 Like

Re: My Mum Justified To Slap My Wife? by BlueAir: 7:26am On Dec 30, 2020
angry And so damn what! Because she's feeding and buying him clothes and feeding his family at worse means she should disregard him to a good extent?And he should take any crap from her!? If it's the other way round and the op is the one spending on her ,would u commentors advice her to endure any crrap from him? Hypocrisy of the world mehn
cooooooks:
Did you forget that OP is currently being owed salary? It is only OP's wife who is bringing in money currently.

Re: My Mum Justified To Slap My Wife? by BlueAir: 7:28am On Dec 30, 2020
angry Just imagine. And some half wits, are talking of taking the crap
spice123:

I like saying the truth without missing words. Oga you need to double your hustle. I was once in your shoes as a Teacher when I got married to my wife. She was earning more than double of my salary until I had to change jobs to a higher pay coupled with home lesson. Believe it or not, man's responsibility is a man's responsibility. If a woman earns higher than you no matter how handsome or the status of a man, he will always be insulted.
Re: My Mum Justified To Slap My Wife? by leksite120(m): 7:36am On Dec 30, 2020
cooooooks:
My mom does not slap me. Her mom did not slap her as an adult either. I'm not 10 years old oga.

No one mum slaps him. .
What I'm asking is that, if she lose temper one day and she does, would u?
Re: My Mum Justified To Slap My Wife? by spice123(m): 7:39am On Dec 30, 2020
BlueAir:
angry Just imagine. And some half wits, are talking of taking the crap
I never insulted you Mr. I said the bitter truth. Men need to double their hustle if they want to earn a woman's respect. I am saying this out of experience. These days a lot of men even abandon their basic responsibility like house rent, food and school fees to their wives.
How do you gain respect?
Re: My Mum Justified To Slap My Wife? by cooooooks(m): 7:39am On Dec 30, 2020
Where is the crap that OP endured from his wife?

OP's wife was somehow expected to endure an unprovoked slap. Na magic?

OP's mum should not be going around slapping people anyhow. That is the main lesson here.

OP should stop being a Mama's boy and make independent decisions. He has his own family now.

BlueAir:
angry And so damn what! Because she's feeding and buying him clothes and feeding his family at worse means she should disregard him to a good extent?And he should take any crap from her!? If it's the other way round and the op is the one spending on her ,would u commentors advice her to endure any crrap from him? Hypocrisy of the world mehn

1 Like

Re: My Mum Justified To Slap My Wife? by cooooooks(m): 7:41am On Dec 30, 2020
She has not and will not. It is not even within the realm of possibility.

Who is raising you that you think this scenario is remotely plausible?

leksite120:
No one mum slaps him. .
What I'm asking is that, if she lose temper one day and she does, would u?
Re: My Mum Justified To Slap My Wife? by BlueAir: 7:43am On Dec 30, 2020
angry Who are you deceiving or defending here? The problem is with the average Nigerian money entitlement mentality and it's Ridgid men like uthat makes it worse! Are their mates in the US not supporting their men financially and maritally without making a social mess? And I wasn't against your realistic opinion oga. I was buttering it.
spice123:

I never insulted you Mr. I said the bitter truth. Men need to double their hustle if they want to earn a woman's respect. I am saying this out of experience. These days a lot of men even abandon their basic responsibility like house rent, food and school fees to their wives.
How do you gain respect?
Re: My Mum Justified To Slap My Wife? by BlueAir: 7:48am On Dec 30, 2020
undecided
cooooooks:

OP's mum should not be going around slapping people anyhow. That is the main lesson here.

OP should stop being a Mama's boy and make independent decisions. He has his own family now.

Re: My Mum Justified To Slap My Wife? by BlueAir: 7:49am On Dec 30, 2020
angry. Imagine.The fact she went behind his back to incur debt! And expected him to pay it off isn't crap!! If she wanted a king's party within and outside her means,then she should incur it on her account or why drag the husband into her own misery! The fact that she has the mind to slap his mother and may have been disrespecting him before this incident isn't crap?! The fact that u pussy unwashed niggas believes shes entitled to drive the family anyhow she wants,because she reimburse him sometimes isn't crrap? And she also thinks the same hence the mind to slap her husband's mother! Wahala for man wey no get manhood.. don't blame you guys tho,too much of chasing and submitting to pussyy nowadays don dey cloud y'all reasoning
cooooooks:

Re: My Mum Justified To Slap My Wife? by spice123(m): 8:15am On Dec 30, 2020
[s][/s]
BlueAir:
angry Who are you deceiving or defending here? The problem is with the average Nigerian money entitlement mentality and it's Ridgid men like uthat makes it worse! Are their mates in the US not supporting their men financially and maritally without making a social mess? And I wasn't against your realistic opinion oga. I was buttering it.
Go and make money. We are not in the U.S
Re: My Mum Justified To Slap My Wife? by BlueAir: 8:21am On Dec 30, 2020
angry Im not the one to talk about what I have angry even with money,are Nigerian women any better? And rigid people like u with little or no sense of positive change are the reason Nigerian political mess remains the way it is! Your wacky socio-marital mentality preceeds you! >
spice123:
[s][/s]
Go and make money. We are not in the U.S
Re: My Mum Justified To Slap My Wife? by tnerro1(m): 9:46am On Dec 30, 2020
khia:

You're not a man.

Sorry sweetheart, but you better learn to control your anger, you try it with my mom, I go use you take play ball grin
Re: My Mum Justified To Slap My Wife? by spice123(m): 9:50am On Dec 30, 2020
BlueAir:
angry Im not the one to talk about what I have angry even with money,are Nigerian women any better? And rigid people like u with little or no sense of positive change are the reason Nigerian political mess remains the way it is! Your wacky socio-marital mentality preceeds you! >
Thank you. Anything else?
Re: My Mum Justified To Slap My Wife? by spice123(m): 9:53am On Dec 30, 2020
BlueAir:
I wonder how Nigeria politics came into this.
This guy is really weird. How can air be BLUE
Re: My Mum Justified To Slap My Wife? by Preshmane(m): 10:12am On Dec 30, 2020
Exc2000:
cool

If my Wife's Father Slapped me I'll punch a tooth out of his face

Never ever tolerate people attacking you physically for whatever reason

A mother wanted to give her own child the best second birthday (after poverty made the first one uninteresting) and make the child happy, she works and have means of income, took a loan at a grocery store to make her child happy on the 2nd birthday, she got embarassed for defaulting, untop that she got Slapped by the mother in law

Let them go their separate ways, marriage is not by force or for any party to suffer or become slave

Who are you ? The kid still has a lot of birthday to celebrate with them.. the issue here is that the lady is not considerate!! on no account should you take a loan to celebrate birthday, something that's not going to yield money
To me that's the first sign of a stupid person
Re: My Mum Justified To Slap My Wife? by Exc2000: 10:18am On Dec 30, 2020
Preshmane:

Who are you ? The kid still has a lot of birthday to celebrate with them.. the issue here is that the lady is not considerate!! on no account should you take a loan to celebrate birthday, something that's not going to yield money
To me that's the first sign of a stupid person

She is an Adult and makes her own money, she earns salary 4 times higher than her husbands Salary.. she is free to take a loan to celebrate her daughter's birthday.. failure to pay back is the only issue here

If she was living off her husband's income or her mother in law, then it's another thing, but here is a woman working and you don't want her to spend as she wants

1 Like

Re: My Mum Justified To Slap My Wife? by Preshmane(m): 10:26am On Dec 30, 2020
I honestly don't know this romance section is full of werey until today like seriously, someone said he will beat the hell out of his mother if she ever slap his wife!! now I'm not trying to justify the act by the mother but my wife don't have the right to slap back my mother ethics forbids it..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Lady Nearly Killed Me Today In Church With Mouth Odour / CAMPUS DATING: 10 Categories Of Girlfriends In Nigerian Universities / I Want To Marry A Girl With big Nyash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.