Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,759 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:28 PM

National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words (7523 Views)

Why The Inordinate Fear And Resentment Towards The Igbo By Nigerians / There Is A Growing Resentment Of Fulani Herdsmen Within The Hausa Community. / Tinubu Begs Igbo In Lagos, Osinbajo Appeals To Hausa Community For Votes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by Fvckhypocrite(f): 4:56pm On Dec 31, 2020
candidtalk:

Don't waste your own time in future. Most Igbos hate Yorubas with every Fibre of their being. A man should never apologize when he has done nothing wrong.

Most Igbos interpret your actions of trying to engage them cordially to mean you are apologizing. The more polite you are the more they act up brattishly because they think their deliberate act of guilt-tripping you is working.

Tell Igbos to do one, as I always do, and you can post enjoyably here. Otherwise you will get bogged down in their idiocy and remain in the gutter with them which suits them because it is the natural environment of most of them.

hmmm

It is well
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by AsiwajuNdigbo: 4:57pm On Dec 31, 2020
candidtalk:

Igbos are very easy to work out for those who see beyond the surface. They are a hateful people who only respond to harsh, unapologetic and uncompromising responses to their brattish behaviour.

Look at all those who deal with Igbos and show them open disrespect and disdain.

Wike, Fulanis and PDP for example. All Igbos know to do is cowardly hide their face from them.

Yet it is civil, apologetic and conscientious Yorubas that Igbos love blackmailing.

I have worked Igbos out and that is why I will never indulge or be polite to an Igbo here since I know that approach achieves nothing with them.

Igbos are the people who best validate the saying "treat em mean keep em keen".

Yorubas, stop indulging Igbos. They hate you
and will always take your kindness, politeness or cordial behaviour for weakness.

A freak arewanistan purporting to be yoruba.

My friend drop my name from mention before you reply post. Anuofia! angry

If dem ask yoruba to raise hand you sef dey raise hande. Bloody donkey herder.
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by marsman: 4:58pm On Dec 31, 2020
HolarQD:

I actually thought the guy is rational and a bit objective that’s why I entered the discussion but it seems the guy’s as dogmatic as some of his fellow travelers. Even the book he quoted his opening lines for, gave much credits to some Yorubas like Wole Soyinka that did supported and was even imprison for his support of Biafra. Saying a whole tribe hates you because of the perceived role of a Yoruba man in the starvation that came with war isn’t rational nor commonsensical.

Ojukwu executed Victor Banjo, should we then agree that igbos hate Yoruba because of that?

There are so many cases of igbos being unjust to Yoruba and vice versa, at the end it’s just a case of man’s wickedness to another, it shouldn’t be amplified on a whole racial/national level.
It was Obvious from the start that this thread was created to vilify others, while they give themselves the self praise they so much love at the expense of others, But i am glad others were able to engage them in there Nasty game, and set everything straight.

Personally, I don't know what they expected of the war, were every body was trying to defend there own Interest, the Igbos them selves, laid the foundation for the war, through there numerous acts in the past.
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by Fvckhypocrite(f): 5:00pm On Dec 31, 2020
candidtalk:

Igbos are very easy to work out for those who see beyond the surface. They are a hateful people who only respond to harsh, unapologetic and uncompromising responses to their brattish behaviour.

Look at all those who deal with Igbos and show them open disrespect and disdain.

Wike, Fulanis and PDP for example. All Igbos know to do is cowardly hide their face from them.

Yet it is civil, apologetic and conscientious Yorubas that Igbos love blackmailing.

I have worked Igbos out and that is why I will never indulge or be polite to an Igbo here since I know that approach achieves nothing with them.

Igbos are the people who best validate the saying "treat em mean keep em keen".

Yorubas, stop indulging Igbos. They hate you
and will always take your kindness, politeness or cordial behaviour for weakness.
deep

Many of them are still young who knw nothing about history.
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by AsiwajuNdigbo: 5:03pm On Dec 31, 2020
Fvckhypocrite:
thanks
but have never seen you creating a thread to advice your brodas
Yoruba re not perfect just like every human being buh the hate your broda have for us here is 3much
I know how many igbo have fought with today on nairaland jus becoz of the hatred.

Not everyone claiming yoruba is one. Likewise, not everyone claiming Igbo is one.

Most kaffirs here in nairaland know me that I advocate for southern alliance. Not southern unity, but southern alliance. The terrorists know, and they hate it. But inshallah between Amotekun and ESN we shall recover and rescue our farmers, hunters, particularly vulnerable women from the uncircumcised kaffirs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 31, 2020
AsiwajuNdigbo:

Lol. Yes I am from Zamfara and my family originally migrated to Nigeria from Mali. What are you going to do about it? Olodo odoyo jati jati.

Every Yoruba who has worked you Igbos out is Hausa/Fulani. Only a fool will not know that divide-and-conquer is the favorite modus operandi of you two-faced IPOBians.

I bet if you were talking on an Arewa forum, you would diss Yorubas and serve them up nicely as the sacrificial dish of the day same as you are trying to whip up sentiments against 'our common enemies' Northerners here on Nairaland. Mumu.
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by AsiwajuNdigbo: 5:12pm On Dec 31, 2020
candidtalk:

Lol. Yes I am from Zamfara and my family originally migrated to Nigeria from Mali. What are you going to do about it? Olodo odoyo jati jati.

Every Yoruba who has worked you Igbos out is Hausa/Fulani. Only a fool will not know that divide-and-conquer is the favorite modus operandi of you two-faced IPOBian.

I bet if you were talking on an Arewa forum, you would diss Yorubas and serve them up nicely as the sacrificial dish of the day same as you are trying to whip up sentiments against 'our common enemies' Northerners. Mumu.

God forbid i diss out any southerner in a arewa forum. Beside arewa twitter sef which forum do jihadists have? I know they have two accounts on whatsapp and is much about sex than anything else.
What topic will bring a discussion to occur between me, Great Igbo and a bloody arab slave that herds donkeys across desert? Tueh!!! angry

Ol boy, be careful o. Watch yourself!

Thats a great insult to me personally and then to my whole people to insinuate we backbite. God forbid. Infact, God punish you for even suggesting that. Go back to zanfara and save your emirs. Bandits are killing them one by ine. Even sultan is afraid now. Freak cow herder!
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by Layiwolaadigun7: 5:22pm On Dec 31, 2020
jimyjames:

my friend I know you quickly read through it just to come up with this reply, I will advise you to clear your bigotry mind and read the whole book
You better wake up... I read it almost ten years ago.

May be you don't understand that the work of art is subjected to aesthetic evaluation and it's difficult for individuals to agree on it.

The only thing that appeals to your ego is when you engage in self adulation. I can see reason why some of the Igbo guys have turned bootlikers to FFK, it's because he's discovered their weaknesses. Just tell Igbo people that they're the best ethnic group in Nigeria and Africa, they will become your hallelujah boys, your footsoldiers.
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by Fvckhypocrite(f): 5:46pm On Dec 31, 2020
AsiwajuNdigbo:

Not everyone claiming yoruba is one. Likewise, not everyone claiming Igbo is one.

Most kaffirs here in nairaland know me that I advocate for southern alliance. Not southern unity, but southern alliance. The terrorists know, and they hate it. But inshallah between Amotekun and ESN we shall recover and rescue our farmers, hunters, particularly vulnerable women from the uncircumcised kaffirs.
amen my broda

1 Like

Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by LegendHero(m): 6:12pm On Dec 31, 2020
AsiwajuNdigbo:

Whenever Nyamurrii dodo n dawa people were being hammered with superior intellect from the great Yoruba sons and daughters, they always cowardly derail the discussion by trying to paint the voices as Northerners.

How many times have we told you Nyamuurri dodo n dawa people that the Yorubas don’t give a bleep about you?

That rubbish you always say about identity can only work on your fellow Ibos, sensible Yorubas and other tribes don’t fall for this rubbish tactics!

4 Likes

Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by Nobody: 6:34pm On Dec 31, 2020
efficiencie:
If the Igbos were indeed characterised by the features mentioned above they would have broken out of Nigeria by now! But their communities are still plagued by poverty, infrastructural deficit and dependence on statutory allocation...this piece is just another sycophantic expression that buoys the Ndigbos above reality.

Chest beating is the major characteristic of yeebos. They love living in their self made fool's paradise.
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 31, 2020
jimyjames:

the national resentment of the igbo, is the reason the igbo are trapped in Nigeria and suffering all these you mentioned

Is there anybody here that could pinpoint the beginning of this resentment? Maybe an action or movement that showed this resentment?
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by AsiwajuNdigbo: 7:08pm On Dec 31, 2020
LegendHero:

Whenever Nyamurrii dodo n dawa people were being hammered with superior intellect from the great Yoruba sons and daughters, they always cowardly derail the discussion by trying to paint the voices as Northerners.

How many times have we told you Nyamuurri dodo n dawa people that the Yorubas don’t give a bleep about you?

That rubbish you always say about identity can only work on your fellow Ibos, sensible Yorubas and other tribes don’t fall for this rubbish tactics!
Ol boy, you don carry your wahala come. Me i no want trouble its end of year. I no want trouble o.

You sef you are arewa. I know yoruba people when i see one. You hide behind ypruba to propagate apc agenda.

You are a legendcoward, not a hero.

We have advanced beyond what you people can fathom. East is already focused on cyberintelligence and cybersecurity. We dont have time for chit chat over some zoological nonsense.
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by LegendHero(m): 7:28pm On Dec 31, 2020
AsiwajuNdigbo:

Ol boy, you don carry your wahala come. Me i no want trouble its end of year. I no want trouble o.

You sef you are arewa. I know yoruba people when i see one. You hide behind ypruba to propagate apc agenda.

You are a legendcoward, not a hero.

We have advanced beyond what you people can fathom. East is already focused on cyberintelligence and cybersecurity. We dont have time for chit chat over some zoological nonsense.

Lol cyber intelligence ko, military intelligence ni.

1 Like

Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by AsiwajuNdigbo: 9:58pm On Dec 31, 2020
LegendHero:

Lol cyber intelligence ko, military intelligence ni.

Happy New Year in advance.

Leave Ipob and Ndigbo alone in 2021. Please. Focus on your godfather and APC. Leave us alone.
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by Muna4real(f): 10:24pm On Dec 31, 2020
I can't believe that all these hateful comments I'm reading up here was typed simply because of Achebe's opinion on ndigbo and Nigeria.
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by LegendHero(m): 3:50am On Jan 01, 2021
AsiwajuNdigbo:

Happy New Year in advance.

Leave Ipob and Ndigbo alone in 2021. Please. Focus on your godfather and APC. Leave us alone.

Happy new year in advance.

Lol, let Ndigbo also take their time and there won’t be issues.

May the new year bring forth goodwill for us all.

1 Like

Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by AsiwajuNdigbo: 12:30pm On Jan 01, 2021
LegendHero:

Happy new year in advance.

[s]Lol, let Ndigbo also take their time and there won’t be issues.[/s]

May the new year bring forth goodwill for us all.
grin
Amen bro!
Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by oyatz(m): 2:57pm On Jan 01, 2021
jimyjames:

it's a national resentment no doubt

Which National ressentments?

Why will 200 people all hate only one person?

1 Like

Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by oyatz(m): 3:52pm On Jan 01, 2021
jimyjames:

through tribal bigotry sentiment, awo managed to convince his Yoruba brothers to reject zik cause he is igbo

You are approbating and reprobating at the same time.

However,for the benefit of those who genuinely want to know what really happened (and not Igbo propanganda);

1) A general (parliamentary) election was conducted in Western Region in 1951 under the supervision of the British Government.

Under the then Constitution, a party that has the majority in the House will form the Government and the leader of such party will become the 'leader of Government Business' which was later designated as 'Premeir of Western Region'

2) Dr Azikiwe contested and was elected as a member of the Western House of Assembly representing Lagos.

3) Dr Azikiwe , being the leader of the NCNC, (the erstwhile dominant party in Southern Nigeria because of the widespread anti-colonial sentiments in the South) wanted to become the leader of Gov't in Western Region.

3) There were several smaller parties that contested.
Some of these parties were actually Towns' unions e.g Ibadan People's Party, Ondo Improvement League, Edo Tax payers Association etc.

4) Some of the members elected on these smaller parties were mebers of either AG or NCNC.
However, because of the evolution of the NCNC, many politically conscious Southerners at one time or the other were either their members, fans or sympathizers but many of the parliamentarians didn't contest on the platform of the NCNC.

5) On the day of the election, member of these smallers parties and independent candidates joined either the AG or the NCNC and eventually the AG had the majority, thus Awolowo, the leader of the AG was elected as the Leader and later Premier of the Western Region.

1 Like

Re: National Resentment Of The Igbo, In Achebe's Words by laudate: 8:57pm On Jan 04, 2021
7lives:
ANNEX?.
You see why Ojukwu failed, una no dey repent?

cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

APC: Fears Over Adamu Committee’s Request For Extension / CPC Spokesman Calls For Execution Of Corrupt Individuals / Fashola Hands Over Fifth 24-hour Primary Health Care Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.