Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,784 members, 7,798,609 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:11 AM

The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion (42861 Views)

Dabota Lawson: "Razz Men Are Better Spenders Than Rich Kids" - Ex Beauty Queen / BBNaija: Why All The Hate On Tacha? / Rich Kids Of Miami (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by Freemasonry: 6:54pm On Dec 30, 2020
Jirehz:
It is not just Nigeria but the world today!
People hate to see you better than they are.
Their was talk about few years ago that Drake shouldn’t rap about the streets because he’s not really from the streets. But he’s been winning awards and bigger than most people who claim to come from the streets!

I even believe the Nigerian situation is better.
Most of the kids from wealthy families have one time or the other involved in governance and have stolen huge amounts of money.
Have you seen anyone call out Innoson’s children? Or kids whose fathers we all know their sources of income?

Davido- Adeleke family
Dj Cuppy- Otedola family
Etc
These families stole our money and built up all the wealth you are talking about from our collective wealth and subjected our people to poverty.

I’m not trying to make a case for HATE, but cut our people some slack abeg

You can call me a hater.
I just like to see things from another point of view!
You definitely don’t sound like a hater my friend, if anything you sound very reasonable and I respect your position on the subject.
One love.
Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by Oyiboman69: 6:56pm On Dec 30, 2020
Freemasonry:
I've come to understand that it's almost normal for the hoi polloi to hate privileged people. I don't really understand the psychology behind that but I know it's unhealthy and silly. Instead of misdirecting such misguided hate on people whose fathers made money why not hate your father who couldn't make it.

Take for instance, a few years ago Paddy Adenuga had published an inspiring article where he shared his struggles in business and how he succeeded, but in a bizarre twist of narrative the haters attacked him and alluded to the fact that his father's money did this and did that.

Shortly after, Dj Cuppy was also bullied online by people who believes she has no business being a dj, let alone a popular one at that. To them it's her affluent background that's doing the trick not her talent.

The same with Davido. No matter what he does, how many awards he wins, or cool tunes he drops, he'll never be good enough for these people who believe he didn't earn his place at the table.

Instead, they revere and respect those they think are from the streets even when these people are nothing short of mediocre. A case in point is the current frosty relationship between Davido and Burna boy, how did it all start? Both of them were chummy until Burna boy made a disparaging remark about Davido's father buying fame for him. This was not only in bad taste but smacks of obvious jealousy. That you struggled to climb up the ladder due to lack does not make you better, or mean that those who have the resources to advance their dreams or careers must suffer like you before their talents can be validated.

And if the eyewitness account in the media is anything to go by, then it’s obvious that this unfortunate incident was all Burna boys doing. He showed up at the club with 6 hired goons and went straight to the VIP section where Davido was sitting to confront him. Although this is yet to be verified but judging from Burna boy’s propensity for violence it is highly probable that is what happened.

It’s time people do away with this wrong notion that privileged kids don’t deserve what they have. No matter how hard they work there’s always someone who thinks that without their money they’d probably not make it that far, but nothing could be farther from the truth. These kids work just as hard as the poor kids, and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with using what you have to advance yourself. I mean you can’t hate on these kids just for being rich as if they’re the ones that stopped your father from making money. It’s wrong and it’s in bad taste.

Instead of hating divert that energy into making money so your kids won’t be just like you. Shout out to David. Keep keeping it a 100.
Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by Oyiboman69: 6:59pm On Dec 30, 2020
Freemasonry:
I've come to understand that it's almost normal for the hoi polloi to hate privileged people. I don't really understand the psychology behind that but I know it's unhealthy and silly. Instead of misdirecting such misguided hate on people whose fathers made money why not hate your father who couldn't make it.

Take for instance, a few years ago Paddy Adenuga had published an inspiring article where he shared his struggles in business and how he succeeded, but in a bizarre twist of narrative the haters attacked him and alluded to the fact that his father's money did this and did that.

Shortly after, Dj Cuppy was also bullied online by people who believes she has no business being a dj, let alone a popular one at that. To them it's her affluent background that's doing the trick not her talent.

The same with Davido. No matter what he does, how many awards he wins, or cool tunes he drops, he'll never be good enough for these people who believe he didn't earn his place at the table.

Instead, they revere and respect those they think are from the streets even when these people are nothing short of mediocre. A case in point is the current frosty relationship between Davido and Burna boy, how did it all start? Both of them were chummy until Burna boy made a disparaging remark about Davido's father buying fame for him. This was not only in bad taste but smacks of obvious jealousy. That you struggled to climb up the ladder due to lack does not make you better, or mean that those who have the resources to advance their dreams or careers must suffer like you before their talents can be validated.

And if the eyewitness account in the media is anything to go by, then it’s obvious that this unfortunate incident was all Burna boys doing. He showed up at the club with 6 hired goons and went straight to the VIP section where Davido was sitting to confront him. Although this is yet to be verified but judging from Burna boy’s propensity for violence it is highly probable that is what happened.

It’s time people do away with this wrong notion that privileged kids don’t deserve what they have. No matter how hard they work there’s always someone who thinks that without their money they’d probably not make it that far, but nothing could be farther from the truth. These kids work just as hard as the poor kids, and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with using what you have to advance yourself. I mean you can’t hate on these kids just for being rich as if they’re the ones that stopped your father from making money. It’s wrong and it’s in bad taste.

Instead of hating divert that energy into making money so your kids won’t be just like you. Shout out to David. Keep keeping it a 100.
that your is be as e get
Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by Freemasonry: 7:00pm On Dec 30, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

So because of food, you were washing clothes and sweeping for your mate. And you're proud to say it
There’s nothing wrong with what he did.
My people have this saying:
“Onye fee eze, eze eruo ya aka”, this loosely translates to “if one honors a king, he will become a king one day”. So dude did what he had to do to get the results he needed. Methinks he’s a go-getter.
Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by Freemasonry: 7:04pm On Dec 30, 2020
Gojas:
A very useless post...
Be calming down brother.
I hope there’s a way for you to reclaim the valuable time you spent reading it?
Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by Smashspesh(m): 7:11pm On Dec 30, 2020
I used to love this David. Days of "feel alright with Ice-prince, 'only you' and so on. But it's obvious now that the guy is more of a clout chaser using paid influencers to do shit which I believe this post belongs.

You call others name in your music and when they hit back, you say it's because you're rich. Is he the first rich artiste?

Why bring background into this shit?
Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by Freemasonry: 7:12pm On Dec 30, 2020
jornwhite:

I even thot you are a male, anyways i never stated i know it all moreover i am here to learn.
you are angry just because i corrected you, now listen hate is hate buh not every dislike is hate, not all rivalry equals hate, ... HATE is a very big word that shouldnt be thrown around freely. someone whu hates you would most definitely be making a life threatening moves not trolling moves.
You are not my grandma stop expecting respect, if you know better spill it nd let people learn
There you go again.
I’m not asking for your respect, I’m just saying you can be polite instead of saying things in your trademark condescending way.
Anyway. Happy new year in advance.

Just to be clear, I don’t have all the answers. I’m here to learn, relearn and unlearn from this interesting conversation not to insult anyone. I think you should try that too.
Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by Freemasonry: 7:12pm On Dec 30, 2020
jornwhite:

I even thot you are a male, anyways i never stated i know it all moreover i am here to learn.
you are angry just because i corrected you, now listen hate is hate buh not every dislike is hate, not all rivalry equals hate, ... HATE is a very big word that shouldnt be thrown around freely. someone whu hates you would most definitely be making a life threatening moves not trolling moves.
You are not my grandma stop expecting respect, if you know better spill it nd let people learn
There you go again.
I’m not asking for your respect, I’m just saying you can be polite instead of saying things in your trademark condescending way.
Anyway. Happy new year in advance.

Just to be clear, I don’t have all the answers. I’m here to learn, relearn and unlearn from this interesting conversation not to insult anyone. I think you should try that too.

Btw, I’m a guy.
Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:18pm On Dec 30, 2020
Freemasonry:

There’s nothing wrong with what he did.
My people have this saying:
“Onye fee eze, eze eruo ya aka”, this loosely translates to “if one honors a king, he will become a king one day”. So dude did what he had to do to get the results he needed. Methinks he’s a go-getter.
Honouring a king is different from licking an equal's ass simply because he's more privileged than you are.
The concept of a king is that of one divinely chosen to be above other humans. So that argument of honoring a king to become one is flawed because most kingship is by bloodline not personal attainment.
That said, if you don't mind kowtowing to your equal because he possesses more material things than you, then you're someone who's god is his belly and can be bought for a pittance.
Such people are not to be trusted with seats meant for kings
Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by Freemasonry: 7:22pm On Dec 30, 2020
blackgold90:

Your post is watery...davido father worked for his money...so tinubu,Atiku,and many thief thief politician should not be scorned.

My brother go and seat down. whoever the society found guilty of any injustice or criminality or meted wickedness on people their children must be hated.take it or leave it.
Davido and cuppy even have more fans on social media because they find their fathers wealth not association with the suffering of the masses.
I had hoped you were going to thicken up the watery post but you ended up just rambling. Is that all?
Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by lexy2014: 7:26pm On Dec 30, 2020
Freemasonry:

Are u a rich persons kid? If u aren't, then u have become what u are condemning & it's obvious u need d advice u are giving much more than d peeps u are giving it to
Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by Freemasonry: 7:34pm On Dec 30, 2020
LyfeJennings:
I wouldn't call myself a rich kid but I'm quite privileged and I know what I faced growing despite the fact that my father wasn't the spendy type. It became worse with my new job. My colleagues so hate me. I pray make I get money
I'd do everything to make sure my kids don't mingle with poor people
They so fuckin cockroaches
Don’t restrict your kids from mingling with people that could potentially sharpen them just because of the sins of others.
Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by fkj950ax(m): 7:37pm On Dec 30, 2020
Freemasonry:
My intention was never to ruffle the sensibilities of others with this. In any case, I apologize.

God bless bro. You are a good person. No bad blood here.

1 Like

Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by Stefenijoan002(f): 7:38pm On Dec 30, 2020
Nice write up .
Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by pocohantas(f): 7:40pm On Dec 30, 2020
poshestmina:

Stop bringing nuclear weapons to a knife battle Poco grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy.

The Jornwhite being is a lizard that thinks himself a crocodile. I just needed him to know my silence doesn’t mean cowardice. Word for word- e no reach. undecided

3 Likes

Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by blackslayer: 7:43pm On Dec 30, 2020
Wow..."Nigerian Rich Kids"......talk about self importance!
Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by candygist: 7:46pm On Dec 30, 2020
Every one in Nigeria is evil. That's why the country is getting worst everyday. Both the rich and the poor are wicked.
Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by Grandamante: 8:00pm On Dec 30, 2020
Nope! Nope!! Nope!!!
U got it all wrong. Poor kids do not hate rich kids. Poor kids want to be friends with rich kids. One does not try to associate with what he hates. Poor kids only envy rich kids. Rich kids hate poor kids. They disdain and treat them with contempt. That is why rich kids do not want to associate with poor kids except the poor one knows his place.

In Nigeria ass-licking to the rich is viewed as being wise and superstitiously as a gateway to success . When u do otherwise u are unwise and termed a hater. The rich are allowed to mock the poor but the poor who dare u to mock the rich.

1 Like

Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by LyfeJennings(m): 8:25pm On Dec 30, 2020
Freemasonry:

Don’t restrict your kids from mingling with people that could potentially sharpen them just because of the sins of others.

U have a point sha
Poor people are not it at all
Their mentality ehnnn
No matter how much I do for them
U still never do
Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 30, 2020
pocohantas:

C’mon get da fck out of my mentions. Because I have been ignoring you and your rants, you think you can make it your life ambition to keep hopping on my posts with your terrible English and not-well-thought-out-rebuttals. I will munch up anything I want. Yes, Nigerians are terrible people. This includes you and that is why you are triggered, because the table you are sitting on was shaken.

If you have any iota of understanding, you’ll see Timaya and Wizkid perfectly fit into the grass-grace story which Nigerians like. So they’re less targeted. It is right there in my post, but no, you don’t ever read- you can’t even read. Once you see Poco’s post, you jump out to attack something you have no full understanding of.

I have said it before and I will say it again- whoever is fcking you better use protection. Your low IQ can easily pass for an STD and I fear for whoever contracts it.
Jesu!

Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by Freemasonry: 8:30pm On Dec 30, 2020
lexy2014:

Are u a rich persons kid? If u aren't, then u have become what u are condemning & it's obvious u need d advice u are govt much more than d peeps u are giving it to
I’m still trying to wrap my head around your comment. Care to elaborate?
Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by Freemasonry: 8:37pm On Dec 30, 2020
To everyone who’s offended by the use of the expression “hoi polloi” I crave your indulgence and forgiveness. I have tried to rephrase it but it turns out only mods or an admin can make such modifications at this stage.

I didn’t mean to offend.
Thanks for your understanding.
Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by BRATISLAVA: 8:47pm On Dec 30, 2020
holuwasheyiWGP:
The seven deadly sins is like a seven headed snake;One of is always raises it's head from time. It's absolutely human to envysomeone who is a better status or who's got rich parents.

I remember when I told my dad to enroll me into a football academy about 10 years ago, he didn't answer. I don't know if he's just short sighted about how diminished education is or he's just broke; I don't really blame him, he's just a civil servant.
Everyday I actually wonder what would have happened if he had agreed or if he was just rich enough to do what I wanted ( I'm thankful but being average na bastard) but it's okay; I'm far from letting go of my dreams.
Most people who hate the fortunate ones are just yet to come in terms with their reality, the creator didn't give you rich parents for reasons best known to him. I might not have loved football if my parents were really wealthy. I'm cool with it right now, now make God bless my hustle and my kids should have rich parents

Those who are full of hate are people who spend hours of their day monitoring the fortunate ones on social media,they get their dose of hatred by looking at the good things in life which those guys show off and believing they cannot get those things.

I don't really like Davido not because he's rich or he has rich parents. He focuses on wealth too much; even in his songs. Always taking about buying this, buying that for a lady...What a simp.
But
I still respect his passion for music. He used what he had to get what he wanted ( plain and simple); I'd do the same if I have the opportunity, anyone would do the same.

Like I always say very few people can brag about their wealth being absolutely clean. Otedola , adeleke, dangote all of them are and were involved in one shady thing or the other before they could amass such wealth. Some of their hands are bloody

Why is Einstein wearing female sandals?
Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by BRATISLAVA: 8:48pm On Dec 30, 2020
Freemasonry:
To everyone who’s offended by the use of the expression “hoi polloi” I crave your indulgence and forgiveness. I have tried to rephrase it but it turns out only mods or an admin can make such modifications at this stage.

I didn’t mean to offend.
Thanks for your understanding.

You can modify your post if you really want to.

You could just say you don't want to change it, rather than this claim.

You said hoi polloi. You meant it. Why do you want to change it after you've laid bare your thoughts on everyone else?
Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by Akinola100: 8:53pm On Dec 30, 2020
HitlerGaddafi:

No it was better I didn't wash my mates cloths and rather starve to death instead .

You're part of what the OP is talking about. Nigerians have a fvcked up mentality and na Yoruba people dey carry such mentality pass.
Why bring tribalism to this thread.
You are a problem o
Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by Asadujames202(m): 8:53pm On Dec 30, 2020
Freemasonry:

You’re going to be quite wealthy very soon...that’s if you aren’t already.
Would you want people to hate your innocent children?

Depends on how I made my money
Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by blackgold90(m): 8:55pm On Dec 30, 2020
Freemasonry:

I had hoped you were going to thicken up the watery post but you ended up just rambling. Is that all?

You didn't make sense...you father can loot public fund then when I see you I will love you.
Live with whatever hate that come with public stole fund. Dont preach to be loved.thank you
Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by WoundedLamb: 8:56pm On Dec 30, 2020
BRATISLAVA:

You said hoi polloi. You meant it. Why do you want to change it after you've laid bare your thoughts on everyone else?

He can't modify a post that has already hit the front page.
Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 30, 2020
Freemasonry:

Brother why you wan give me this kind PhD assignment nah?
Abeg make we pass the assignment to EFCC or ICPC grin grin
haha na so na
Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by Freemasonry: 9:00pm On Dec 30, 2020
BRATISLAVA:

Come on!
I honestly tried but couldn’t, and I’ve just taken a screenshot to show you. If I didn’t mean to rephrase I wouldn’t say I would, and nobody would beat me, but I really wanted to coz I hate to offend others.

Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by sammyogbu2015: 9:09pm On Dec 30, 2020
This is one of this best write up I av cin. Nigerians at not objective and they stereotype every rich kid as spoilt, lazy and proud. We really need to to open minded and not judge hastely cus it only brews bitterness. Having a hater mentality must b very difficult. There is a kind of joy that comes by bin happy for someone.

1 Like

Re: The Misguided Hate On Nigerian Rich Kids - Opinion by Asadujames202(m): 9:11pm On Dec 30, 2020
SamuelAnyawu:
I can't hate any Rich kid or Dudes.

Infact I usually go online to see Jowizaza, Obi Cubana, Quincy Nippon, Man like Chico, Instigator PH, Vintage Luxury Munne, doing things.

Them dey motivate me to hustle wella grin

You be g boy

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Uriel Oputa Reacts To "Saggy" Boobs Comments By Fans (Video) / Meet Jasmine Morenike, 6-Year-old Child Actress And Model (Photos) / Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde And Husband Celebrate 23rd Wedding Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.