Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,281 members, 7,807,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:15 PM

Nigerians Abroad are Gradually Moving Back to Nigeria During the Pandemic - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Abroad are Gradually Moving Back to Nigeria During the Pandemic (2813 Views)

Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown / New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving / Moving Back To Nigeria From USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Abroad are Gradually Moving Back to Nigeria During the Pandemic by Patriarchy001(m): 10:58pm On Dec 29, 2020
I've noticed a growing trend of Nigerians abroad moving back home amidst the ongoing covid 19 pandemic - mostly due to social reasons.

Those abroad have you considered moving back? if so why?
Those who moved back, do you feel you made the right decision?

Re: Nigerians Abroad are Gradually Moving Back to Nigeria During the Pandemic by etrange: 11:54pm On Dec 29, 2020
Moving or visiting?

I'm asking cause it's very much normal for Nigerians abroad to visit home in December. At this point, you can't really tell who moved and who's just visiting cause the festive season hasn't ended yet. A couple of social media users using the word "moved" is not enough to conclude there's such a trend. Even when the pandemic was worse than it is now, Nigerians here didn't even entertain the thought of moving back home, it's now they will? I doubt.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad are Gradually Moving Back to Nigeria During the Pandemic by ednut1(m): 12:24am On Dec 30, 2020
Many came for their wedding or to attend friends wedding. With the second wave airports may be locked soon. I have about 4 friends from uk, Canada and usa that came to wed.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad are Gradually Moving Back to Nigeria During the Pandemic by MajesticKris: 12:36am On Dec 30, 2020
Better to get covid-19 in New York and knw it's actually covid-, than being treated for something,you don't know about here in 9ja.

IN OTHER WORDS!!!
It' is better to get covid in New York ,than to stay and witness this VOLLEYBALL, BUHARI AND HIS DOG'S ARE, Playing with NIGERIANS...

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad are Gradually Moving Back to Nigeria During the Pandemic by doggedfighter(f): 1:11am On Dec 30, 2020
Nobody is moving anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad are Gradually Moving Back to Nigeria During the Pandemic by optimusprime2(m): 2:04am On Dec 30, 2020
Who is moving where?
Mtcheew...
Re: Nigerians Abroad are Gradually Moving Back to Nigeria During the Pandemic by Lexusgs430: 2:37am On Dec 30, 2020
They all want to become a Tolani Baj.............. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad are Gradually Moving Back to Nigeria During the Pandemic by chukxie(m): 3:31am On Dec 30, 2020
Moving to Nigeria because of the pandemic? No way! I love Nigeria but the pandemic wouldn't be enough reason for me to literally up and leave where I am currently especially now that life here is as though the pandemic never existed.
Re: Nigerians Abroad are Gradually Moving Back to Nigeria During the Pandemic by falopey: 3:50am On Dec 30, 2020
Patriarchy001:
I've noticed a growing trend of Nigerians abroad moving back home amidst the ongoing covid 19 pandemic - mostly due to social reasons.

You better wake up from your slumber. Who is moving where?
Re: Nigerians Abroad are Gradually Moving Back to Nigeria During the Pandemic by meobizy(f): 4:36am On Dec 30, 2020
With lockdowns reoccurring, this is not a debate. Coming back home is very advantageous.

mostly due to social reasons.
Whites are very cold people with the ability to stay indoors for days on end. If lucky, they’ll engage you in small talk; but the majority zip out, get groceries and run back inside –remaining indoors for another long stretch of days. Nigerians are nosy and will come out at least thirty minutes daily. Once engaged in an interesting discussion you can make a Nigerian anticipate your visit every day. The most introvert of Nigerians still have a social side.

Once again, not a debate. Regardless of people moving about without masks here, there is a slim chance of contracting the virus. People I know who caught it got cured after four days of rest. My only fear is fellow returnees bringing it with them.

Those are my opinions concerning the matter. I’m not a returnee, that is my mindset concerning the pandemic if I was a resident there. I’ve lived there for a while so won’t think twice about running back especially when it comes to humans associating with others. Students, I’m very sure of, will remain there because of fast and cheap internet connections. Basic mid-level internet that way trumped premium packages here.
Re: Nigerians Abroad are Gradually Moving Back to Nigeria During the Pandemic by Nobody: 5:23am On Dec 30, 2020
No sane person would move into a catastrophe from a pandemic

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad are Gradually Moving Back to Nigeria During the Pandemic by wunmi590(m): 5:29am On Dec 30, 2020
Who told you many are coming back home?

They are only coming for a visit and then go back, not when nigeria is even worse than they left it.
Re: Nigerians Abroad are Gradually Moving Back to Nigeria During the Pandemic by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:42am On Dec 30, 2020
Lieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Nigerians Abroad are Gradually Moving Back to Nigeria During the Pandemic by EgunMogaji2: 6:03am On Dec 30, 2020
Patriarchy001:

I moved back just before Covid. It was after 33 years in the USA, best decision and wished I had done it sooner. But Gods time is the best.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad are Gradually Moving Back to Nigeria During the Pandemic by BigDawsNet: 6:37am On Dec 30, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I moved back just before Covid. It was after 33 years in the USA, best decision and wished I had done it sooner. But Gods time is the best.

Thank God for you life

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad are Gradually Moving Back to Nigeria During the Pandemic by BigDawsNet: 6:40am On Dec 30, 2020
Not really sure about the pandemic

But its the festival period 80% of my naija friends are back home to celebrate and wed

I know a guy that left because he's body system doesn't want temperature that makes it snow.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad are Gradually Moving Back to Nigeria During the Pandemic by Patriarchy001(m): 7:01am On Dec 30, 2020
Lexusgs430:
They all want to become a Tolani Baj.............. cheesy

Tolani Baj thrives in Nigeria more than abroad because she's got a nasty attitude and loves mediocrity. She couldn't achieve a good life abroad so she moved to Nigeria = a jungle where the rudest, most mediocre, greedy and arrogant folks succeed.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad are Gradually Moving Back to Nigeria During the Pandemic by Patriarchy001(m): 7:05am On Dec 30, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

You belong to the generation of those who ruined Nigeria - therefore your mentality is one I would seriously question.

Furthermore, you are old and in the evening stages of your existence. You could've moved to Sudan for all we care.

Your experience is irrelevant!

12 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad are Gradually Moving Back to Nigeria During the Pandemic by Patriarchy001(m): 7:11am On Dec 30, 2020
doggedfighter:
Nobody is moving anywhere.
optimusprime2:
Who is moving where?
Mtcheew...

Go on YouTube and see countless people sharing their relocation story.
Whether you believe it or not, many have relocated throughout the year and I think its for a number of reasons.. most are out of fear and loneliness (with the lockdown abroad), others are because they lost their jobs and would rather suffer in Nigeria than abroad.
I'd like to hear from those who relocated though, and see if the decision was worth it.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad are Gradually Moving Back to Nigeria During the Pandemic by Lexusgs430: 7:35am On Dec 30, 2020
Patriarchy001:

Tolani Baj thrives in Nigeria more than abroad because she's got a nasty attitude and loves mediocrity. She couldn't achieve a good life abroad so she moved to Nigeria = a jungle where the rudest, most mediocre, greedy and arrogant folks succeed.

I hear she is the patriarch, at the moment....... grin

You no get chill ó..... Una see for dream...... wink
Re: Nigerians Abroad are Gradually Moving Back to Nigeria During the Pandemic by EgunMogaji2: 7:39am On Dec 30, 2020
Patriarchy001:

You belong to the generation of those who ruined Nigeria - therefore your mentality is one I would seriously question.
Furthermore, you are old and in the evening stages of your existence. You could've moved to Sudan for all we care. Your experience is irrelevant.

Thank you, season greetings grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad are Gradually Moving Back to Nigeria During the Pandemic by EgunMogaji2: 7:41am On Dec 30, 2020
BigDawsNet:

Thank God for you life

Thank you Sir.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad are Gradually Moving Back to Nigeria During the Pandemic by EgunMogaji2: 7:43am On Dec 30, 2020
BigDawsNet:
Not really sure about the pandemic

But its the festival period 80% of my naija friends are back home to celebrate and wed

I know a guy that left because he's body system doesn't want temperature that makes it snow.

Weather is a real consideration. I left Texas back to Southern California for that reason.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad are Gradually Moving Back to Nigeria During the Pandemic by Patriarchy001(m): 7:52am On Dec 30, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Thank you, season greetings grin

Same to you old man! grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad are Gradually Moving Back to Nigeria During the Pandemic by Patriarchy001(m): 7:56am On Dec 30, 2020
Lexusgs430:

I hear she is the patriarch, at the moment
....... grin

You no get chill ó..... Una see for dream...... wink

Yes, and she will lead many into their destruction..

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad are Gradually Moving Back to Nigeria During the Pandemic by Lexusgs430: 8:14am On Dec 30, 2020
Patriarchy001:

Yes, and she will lead many into their destruction..

It might simply just be a bigger god.......... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad are Gradually Moving Back to Nigeria During the Pandemic by hammed71(m): 8:43am On Dec 30, 2020
I know say uncle egunmogaji go dey here

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad are Gradually Moving Back to Nigeria During the Pandemic by Gabriel8003: 8:48am On Dec 30, 2020
come learn how to edit videos and create youtube videos your self for your channel and learn screen printing and cloths customising ..while promo last ..call MR.NASA 08180917160 ..one on one practical training ..lagos island ikoyi
Re: Nigerians Abroad are Gradually Moving Back to Nigeria During the Pandemic by BigDawsNet: 9:16am On Dec 30, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Weather is a real consideration. I left Texas back to Southern California for that reason.

Yea bro... Especially in the city of Amarillo TX

I will advice anyone with cold issue to relocate to Florida... The sunshine is just perfect!

Modify: Should be SIR not bro...

Forgive my mistake wink

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad are Gradually Moving Back to Nigeria During the Pandemic by EgunMogaji2: 9:19am On Dec 30, 2020
BigDawsNet:

Yea bro... Especially in the city of Amarillo TX

I will advice anyone with cold issue to relocate to Florida... The sunshine is just perfect!

I know that place very well.

That’s the panhandle, cold as heck in winter. I pass through there on I40 to hook up I289 towards Dallas.

No worries about the bro/sir. Duly noted. It’s refreshing to read from astute members like you who weren’t raised seemingly in a manger.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Schooling In Dominica Republic / Pixs : 40 Chinese Engineers Visit Mambila Plateau To Kick Start Work / From U.S To Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.