Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,524 members, 7,801,458 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 (75685 Views)

Chicken Stolen From Store, Manager Sacked / Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k / My Brother Was Sacked And Duped By A Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by solonubinho(m): 10:40pm On Dec 30, 2020
They laid you off without one month notice or salary in lieu of one month notice. Which first, is illegal. Technically, the money sent to you should be taken as the one month salary they ought to have paid you in place of notice. So technically, the money is yours. Dont pay anything back.

5 Likes

Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by joyousever(f): 10:40pm On Dec 30, 2020
You spoke exactly what I was about to say.
The story get as e be.
gamegear:
But why use an account that you know is on negative balance as your salary account for the company in the first place?.

I smell what is not true (lies)
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by aigbokiejohnson(m): 10:41pm On Dec 30, 2020
Sorry about everything bro. Quite touching. You will rise again soon. For that money, it's no big deal. Just explain to him that you are near zero now but promise to pay back as soon as you land urself another job. Shikena

2 Likes

Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Nobody: 10:41pm On Dec 30, 2020
Sofistcatdmoron:

Your father is an imbe grin
Thats where you got the behavior
come get ur olosho mother outta here efulefu
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by SeriouslySense(m): 10:43pm On Dec 30, 2020
cry cry cry its not good to borrow.
thebosstrevor1:
Borrow from friends and pay back in time or they might arrest you.

This is company money, the job of the accountant is also at stake here, so pity him too

Stop collecting loans from banks or loan apps, they are usury and usury is designed to make you poor, you keep borrowing and borrowing and paying back with high interest. It is a trap.
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Nobody: 10:43pm On Dec 30, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

This is company money, the job of the accountant is also at stake here, so pity him too

Stop collecting loans from banks or loan apps, they are usury and usury is designed to make you poor, you keep borrowing and borrowing and paying back with high interest. It is a trap.

This is the best statement I've heard you made on this forum. This is better than those insensitive statements you made on EndSARS Protesters back then.

Business Loan from a Commercial Bank for a viable business or company is okay though.

1 Like

Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Nobody: 10:44pm On Dec 30, 2020
Person done the find maga to bill am get small money .....

ball out grin
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by bigpicture001: 10:44pm On Dec 30, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

This is not in anyway truthful
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by delishpot: 10:46pm On Dec 30, 2020
Haaaa. I had to edit after reading it again with my glasses on shocked

How do they want you to pay back what you did not chop na? God ooo. Abi OP is experiencing what they call 'Dark night of the soul' Its well. Stay strong. This too shall pass. I see people have offered to assist you. All the best.
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Nobody: 10:47pm On Dec 30, 2020
teyokensax:
Message me, asap, I have a offer for you
Cc Broosts
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by merits(m): 10:47pm On Dec 30, 2020
Brosst:
Good day fellow Nairalanders. Please don't mind my long note.

I got a job with a newly opened superstore in the month of November this year. I was formally with a private secondary school but I had to quit when this new job clicked. I forfeited my October salary because I didn't give the school a month notice and I didn't even know that I will get the superstore job. We did interviews during the endsars lockdown.

I had to take up the superstore job as an inventory manager because the salary is better than the school job. To cut the long story short, I resumed as the inventory manager and we were handed over our employment letter. We were two in my department (Inventory). At the end of the month (November) the staff were asked to submit account details to the accountant which we all did so we were expecting credit alert for the month of November.

The accountant didn't credit our account rather he was calling the staff one by one in his office and pay them with cash. I was not called and i was wondering what could be the cause. My colleagues asked me to go meet the accountant in his office. When I got to his office he told me that he didn't know how he wants to relate the latest development to me. So he started saying different stories and he was pacifying me. He handed my salary and another letter. I opened it and it was a "temporary lay off letter". The reason was that " budget consideration ". The superstore hasn't make much to cover staff salary. I was laid off with 3 other staff (one merchandiser, one bakery staff and one cashier).

Meanwhile it was the manager that interviewed
and she is the one I report to but it was the accountant that handed over the letter to me. The company retained My junior in the inventory department after I had put him through somethings he does not understand on the job.

I was dumbfounded and it look as if my world is coming to and end. I thought of my children and wife, my house rent. I started blaming myself for leaving my former job. I summoned courage and I left.

I got home and explained situation of things to my family. That week wasn't an happy week for us considering the fact we are approaching the month of December (festive season).

Meanwhile I have another side hustle I engaged in during weekends but its not fetching much money and the stress was too much; I collapsed and I was hospitalized for two weeks.
On the 28th of this month I received a call from the accountant that he mistakenly transfer the sum of N40,000 into my account that I should please forward the money back to the superstore account number. The manager also called me. But my phone mouthpiece has been very bad since Christmas day. I used to manage my wife's phone anytime I have important calls. That faithful morning I took my phone to the engineer and I went to collect it in the afternoon thinking the phone is ok but the mouthpiece is still not working fine. So since the accountant couldn't hear me, I sent him a text that my phone is faulty and that I will call him back as soon as I fix it again. The following day which is today I took the phone back to the engineer. And I went straight to the superstore to ascertain what really happened. So he told me he mistakenly sent the sum of N40,000 to my account and that the money was December salary for the second guy in the inventory department. and that I should pls forward the money back to the company's account and that the company is on his neck. And I explained to him that I don't usually receive funds in that particular account because i took a loan from access bank which is overdue and I'm yet to pay them. And even if I receive money in that account I will transfer it immediately to my kuda account and i showed him my kuda atm card but in his own case now when he transferred the money I wasn't with my phone it was with the engineer and I wasn't expecting transfer from anybody. And I told him that when he and the manager were calling me the engineer didn't fix the mouthpiece well and I was on my way to ijaiye. I told him I went to drop the phone back this morning and I will go and check my access bank app to see if transactions occur because I didn't receive any credit alert. Alas when I collected my phone back and I checked the app I saw the 40k credit and access bank had already debited me for the loan.

I don't know what to do now because he is begging me to please refund the money into the company's account and I have been trying to borrow from access bank again but the bank keeps telling me I am not qualify for a loan at this time. I don't have salary job at the moment and there is nowhere I can get money to repay the company. I wish to refund them so that I won't look like a bad or dubious person to them. He has been calling me on phone but I don't know how to break the news to him.

Pls what can I do in this kind of situation?
Bros calm down I pray almighty God show you the way out soon.every problem as a solution waiting somewhere.

Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by vanesa(m): 10:48pm On Dec 30, 2020
No need to stress yourself, send me the bank account of the company let me credit them. Happy new year!
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Coolingeffect: 10:49pm On Dec 30, 2020
I was expecting to see an account number at the end of this story, soliciting for help. In the absence of that, I'm a bit constrained to believe the story. It is wrong for a company to just lay off a worker without any for of compensation. He should have no qualms accepting the money, except of course, if his salary was not up to the 40k, in which case he should refund the balance.

Modified: Saw where he was given his salary with the sack letter. My oversight, please. However, there should be some form of compensation for unexpected layoff of a worker.
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by youngblaq: 10:50pm On Dec 30, 2020
Sammy07:

ignorance is killing both of you.

Few years ago, I also do borrow loan from Branch.

Immediately I receive credit alert on my account I immediately transfer it to my friend account. because I have only one account.

didn't you read where he said he usually transfer it to his kuda account

Brosst, follow this advise.

Follow this piece please.
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by humilitypays(m): 10:50pm On Dec 30, 2020
humilitypays:
Nairalanders the best you guys can do for this guy is to start a crowd funding for him.

I am ready to head it.

I would have paid off this debt for you but I am somewhere that I don't have access to much fund the little fund in my daily expenditure account is almost exhausted on xmas give aways cry

So I am using this medium to beg 20 good spirited Nairaland members to indicate interest let's start a crowdfunding for this guy. I will bear the bulk of the funding.

If we are able to raise more than the loan, we can give it to him as New Year gift or use it to assist other Nairaland people in need.

Nairaland need to have a crowd funding programme to assist our suffering youths bikonu cry

If you are interested to join the crowd funding pls quote or mention me.

God bless you all as you comply.

I promise all that will join that God will surprise you in 2021, take it from me.

Once I have up to 10 interested members I create the crowdfunding thread asap
Dear Nairalanders, we can do this for the sake of humanity.

We can kickstart a Nairaland crowd funding project to assist the poor and struggling youths among us. This forum have the number. Little help we render through a collective pulling together of resources can make a huge different in the lives of many and in this nation where many are struggling to survive.

I call on all well meaning Nairaland members to join this project pls.

1 Like

Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Nobody: 10:51pm On Dec 30, 2020
I can't comment why
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by gassbee: 10:51pm On Dec 30, 2020
Bros if u dont pay back the company's money, na d new SWAT team go come carry you for your house
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Bestmanwealthy(m): 10:52pm On Dec 30, 2020
Beta send there money back
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by jaxxy(m): 10:52pm On Dec 30, 2020
gamegear:
But why use an account that you know is on negative balance as your salary account for the company in the first place?.

I smell what is not true (lies)

He transfers it immediately to his kuda i guess. undecided

He doesn’t leave money there.
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by TeeBayzz: 10:53pm On Dec 30, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

Ithought you just advised him to gaan borrow from friends....and now youre preaching? Funny people everywwhere sha. grin grin grin
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by andyanders: 10:57pm On Dec 30, 2020
Op, when u were given a sack letter, were you paid ur severance for giving u a job and a sudden termination, after you resigned from ur former job which u forfited ur pay for short notice?

If not, don't refund that money cus they made u to loose ur teaching job by employing u and laying u off at the sametime. OR, tell them that under the circumstance they laid u off, u can only pay them back when u get another job. Never borrow to pay them back. Let them take u to court. The court will give u time and terms of repayment.
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by hstar: 10:58pm On Dec 30, 2020
Paxxcarl:
come get ur olosho mother outta here efulefu
Abeg no vex o
What's the meaning of efulefu?
And lefulefu?
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by fireback: 10:58pm On Dec 30, 2020
no big deal here. show them evidence that access bank deducted such amount from your account simple, and promise to pay them back as soon as you get another job. when you get a new job, pay them small small. remember you're a family man. or better still, they should employ you back to work for one month to recover the money they payed you... but no matter what happens, do not panick. the mistake is not from you.
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Babaken(m): 11:00pm On Dec 30, 2020
HarunaWest:

as in ehn...Ontop the brokeness you come dey owe again...Kuku keee me
Access
go Access you finish
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by iamclime(m): 11:00pm On Dec 30, 2020
Seriously, I would have helped if I can. I can understand and feel your pain. Please take it easy. Life must go on.
Nairalanders, if anyone can help the Op, please let's do so. I know many people here are blessed beyond this amount. Peace.

1 Like

Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Nobody: 11:01pm On Dec 30, 2020
vanesa:
No need to stress yourself, send me the bank account of the company let me credit them. Happy new year!

Brosst,,, here is an offer o
Give us your acct too, if you wouldn't mind. I can still give a token

More helpers to come ijn

1 Like

Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Bukasint(f): 11:02pm On Dec 30, 2020
I wish we can help you with some money your story is so touching...
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by lexy2014: 11:04pm On Dec 30, 2020
Brosst:
Good day fellow Nairalanders. Please don't mind my long note.

I got a job with a newly opened superstore in the month of November this year. I was formally with a private secondary school but I had to quit when this new job clicked. I forfeited my October salary because I didn't give the school a month notice and I didn't even know that I will get the superstore job. We did interviews during the endsars lockdown.

I had to take up the superstore job as an inventory manager because the salary is better than the school job. To cut the long story short, I resumed as the inventory manager and we were handed over our employment letter. We were two in my department (Inventory). At the end of the month (November) the staff were asked to submit account details to the accountant which we all did so we were expecting credit alert for the month of November.

The accountant didn't credit our account rather he was calling the staff one by one in his office and pay them with cash. I was not called and i was wondering what could be the cause. My colleagues asked me to go meet the accountant in his office. When I got to his office he told me that he didn't know how he wants to relate the latest development to me. So he started saying different stories and he was pacifying me. He handed my salary and another letter. I opened it and it was a "temporary lay off letter". The reason was that " budget consideration ". The superstore hasn't make much to cover staff salary. I was laid off with 3 other staff (one merchandiser, one bakery staff and one cashier).

Meanwhile it was the manager that interviewed
and she is the one I report to but it was the accountant that handed over the letter to me. The company retained My junior in the inventory department after I had put him through somethings he does not understand on the job.

I was dumbfounded and it look as if my world is coming to and end. I thought of my children and wife, my house rent. I started blaming myself for leaving my former job. I summoned courage and I left.

I got home and explained situation of things to my family. That week wasn't an happy week for us considering the fact we are approaching the month of December (festive season).

Meanwhile I have another side hustle I engaged in during weekends but its not fetching much money and the stress was too much; I collapsed and I was hospitalized for two weeks.
On the 28th of this month I received a call from the accountant that he mistakenly transfer the sum of N40,000 into my account that I should please forward the money back to the superstore account number. The manager also called me. But my phone mouthpiece has been very bad since Christmas day. I used to manage my wife's phone anytime I have important calls. That faithful morning I took my phone to the engineer and I went to collect it in the afternoon thinking the phone is ok but the mouthpiece is still not working fine. So since the accountant couldn't hear me, I sent him a text that my phone is faulty and that I will call him back as soon as I fix it again. The following day which is today I took the phone back to the engineer. And I went straight to the superstore to ascertain what really happened. So he told me he mistakenly sent the sum of N40,000 to my account and that the money was December salary for the second guy in the inventory department. and that I should pls forward the money back to the company's account and that the company is on his neck. And I explained to him that I don't usually receive funds in that particular account because i took a loan from access bank which is overdue and I'm yet to pay them. And even if I receive money in that account I will transfer it immediately to my kuda account and i showed him my kuda atm card but in his own case now when he transferred the money I wasn't with my phone it was with the engineer and I wasn't expecting transfer from anybody. And I told him that when he and the manager were calling me the engineer didn't fix the mouthpiece well and I was on my way to ijaiye. I told him I went to drop the phone back this morning and I will go and check my access bank app to see if transactions occur because I didn't receive any credit alert. Alas when I collected my phone back and I checked the app I saw the 40k credit and access bank had already debited me for the loan.

I don't know what to do now because he is begging me to please refund the money into the company's account and I have been trying to borrow from access bank again but the bank keeps telling me I am not qualify for a loan at this time. I don't have salary job at the moment and there is nowhere I can get money to repay the company. I wish to refund them so that I won't look like a bad or dubious person to them. He has been calling me on phone but I don't know how to break the news to him.

Pls what can I do in this kind of situation?

Long story. Does ur bank not print bank statement?
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by ndcide(m): 11:09pm On Dec 30, 2020
Some of the responses here makes me sceptical about financial dealings with people.

Many people don't care about others when money is involved.

If you want to destroy many people, use money and it will take God's grace for them to escape.
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Seyzcham91(m): 11:09pm On Dec 30, 2020
angry
Ishilove:
Chai. This is what happens when wahala wears aso ebi embarassed sad
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by klbakare(m): 11:10pm On Dec 30, 2020
frozen70:

You don't have to put your self into a depressed state because of their own mistakes and also putting you off for reasons best known to them

Let the accountant follow you to the bank and see things himself

As for your other accounts, just remove whatever penny that is there so that they won't see a kobo there

Tell them to give you time to look for money as you don't have anything doing now to get money

If are asked to write under taking, you can write and if it's 2k you have at any given time you send to them and keep your records

Don't ever promise in the writing that you will pay all at a time

Let them partake in putting you through hardship, eve is it takes you a whole year to clear it, to me, it doesn't matter

O.P follow this advice. This is the most sensible advice here. Nobody can drag you for anything. Make sure everything you told us is the truth because God actually sees the integrity of your heart.
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by cardoctor(m): 11:10pm On Dec 30, 2020
U really need to write a book instead of this post. Damnn

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

How Lucrative Is OPTOMETRY / Apostle Chibuzor Offer Sacked Chicken Republic Staff Scholarships Abroad / Access Bank Plc Salary Structure: How Much Does Access Bank Pay Staff?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.