Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,668 members, 7,801,928 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 (75690 Views)

Chicken Stolen From Store, Manager Sacked / Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k / My Brother Was Sacked And Duped By A Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by FreeLine: 12:07am On Dec 31, 2020
But the problem is who you go even beg to free your destiny when you reach village. When your wahala don dey raised to power 2, try find the square root.
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by SirBunky85(m): 12:08am On Dec 31, 2020
gamegear:
But why use an account that you know is on negative balance as your salary account for the company in the first place?.

I smell what is not true (lies)
I had wanted to ask similar question
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Odani: 12:08am On Dec 31, 2020
gamegear:
But why use an account that you know is on negative balance as your salary account for the company in the first place?.

I dnt think theres anything fishy here. In order to qualify dor another loan he has to keep dat account funded at all time and the beat is to use it as a salary acc dats wat genuine pipo use to access loans
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by SirBunky85(m): 12:12am On Dec 31, 2020
[qauote author=Wiseandtrue post=97549690]
OP, this is a stresris-free suggestion that will give you a peace of mind.

On their own part, they didn't do well. Still show them that you are a better human

But take it easy. Don't over stress yourself, things will get better.

I wish you a prosperous new year.
[/quote]why not blame Buhari for the error?
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Bontia(m): 12:12am On Dec 31, 2020
Oga, how did your salary account switch to a loan account within weeks. Look for any means to get 40k and refund to the company. Your character is at stake here!
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Magnumproperty: 12:12am On Dec 31, 2020
humilitypays:
Nairalanders the best you guys can do for this guy is to start a crowd funding for him.

I am ready to head it.

I would have paid off this debt for you but I am somewhere that I don't have access to much fund the little fund in my daily expenditure account is almost exhausted on xmas give aways cry

So I am using this medium to beg 20 good spirited Nairaland members to indicate interest let's start a crowdfunding for this guy. I will bear the bulk of the funding.

If we are able to raise more than the loan, we can give it to him as New Year gift or use it to assist other Nairaland people in need.

Nairaland need to have a crowd funding programme to assist our suffering youths bikonu cry

If you are interested to join the crowd funding pls quote or mention me.

God bless you all as you comply.

I promise all that will join that God will surprise you in 2021, take it from me.

Once I have up to 10 interested members I create the crowdfunding thread asap
very kind of you
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by toboy: 12:20am On Dec 31, 2020
You are absolutely liable for that money that got into your account. You should be careful to manage the situation so you don't bring irreparable damage to your reputation. I recommend you explain the situation to the account and ask the account to seed you an official letter showing when your job was terminated, the accountant should also explain in the letter that they have mistakenly sent you that payment. With the official letter , go your bank and ask them to revert that payment as it was by mistake. If the bank refuses, let them give an official reason for it. Again, this can damage your reputation because any future employer that calls them for references, they can cite this experience to them. You employer can take actions against you too
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Amah70: 12:21am On Dec 31, 2020
Ishilove:

It's like you want to be unfortunate in life. If you don't know the meaning of something don't rush to comment on it so you don't appear foolish.

Cretinous fücktard like you.

Since WS introduced the “village people mourning” talk after the death and funeral of Chinua Achebe he refused to attend, cretins like you have made noise on “village people.”
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Nobody: 12:23am On Dec 31, 2020
vanesa:
No need to stress yourself, send me the bank account of the company let me credit them. Happy new year!
OK sir. Can I send it here or privately sir including the accountant phone number.
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Ishilove: 12:25am On Dec 31, 2020
Amah70:

Since WS introduced the “village people mourning” talk after the death and funeral of Chinua Achebe he refused to attend, cretins like you have made noise on “village people.”
I was right. You really don't know what you are saying, and to make matters worse, you are roaring like a charcoal train on the rails of complete and irredeemable ignorance.

Fuçk off and remain fücked off because I can't be wasting my energy explaining anything to fools. I'm not Captain Save A'retárd
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by BluntCrazeMan: 12:28am On Dec 31, 2020
vanesa:
No need to stress yourself, send me the bank account of the company let me credit them. Happy new year!
You have a very good heart.
Meanwhile, verify the story very well please..
I am seeing a syndicate here.
(a group of scammers all working together)
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Nobody: 12:32am On Dec 31, 2020
[quote author=vanesa post=97570054]No need to stress yourself, send me the bank account of the company let me credit them. Happy new year![/quote
I can send the accountant number to you privately sir so that you can confirm if the company has been credited. God almighty will continue to enrich you sir.

1 Like

Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Nobody: 12:34am On Dec 31, 2020
BluntCrazeMan:
You have a very good heart.
Meanwhile, verify the story very well please..
I am seeing a syndicate here.
(a group of scammers all working together)
I am not working with any syndicate sir. You can confirm from the superstore at igando. I have my employment letter and temporary lay off letter sir

2 Likes

Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Nobody: 12:34am On Dec 31, 2020
You made a mistake from the beginning.
Why did you leave your job without trying to hear from your employer who interviewed you instead of his subordinate whom he also pays salary.

What were you thinking?
Are you sure you're a graduate and eminently qualified to teach and lead or is it because of condition that made you to teach because you actions didn't exemplify that you are intelligent enough to think and transmit ideas.

Take your phone and your sack letter to your main employer and explain to her everything that happened. And wake up. It takes a smart man to be the head of a family.
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Amah70: 12:35am On Dec 31, 2020
Ishilove:

I was right. You really don't know what you are saying, and to make matters worse, you are roaring like a charcoal train on the rails of complete and irredeemable ignorance.

Fuçk off and remain fücked off because I can't be wasting my energy explaining anything to fools. I'm not Captain Save A'retárd

Alas, I am right with my belief that you knew the connotation of the term “village people,” before you made your earlier comment where you referred to “village people.” Leave Eko bright lights and return to your desolate and 19th Century development level village in the SW.
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Nobody: 12:37am On Dec 31, 2020
Brosst:

This is the company's account number sir
Account name: God My Source (GMS superstore)
Account number: 2036200168
Bank: First Bank
I can send the accountant number to you privately sir so that you can confirm if the company has been credited. God almighty will continue to enrich you sir.

This information is supposed to be confidential and not to be posted in a public forum.

You sef. You're a piece of work.
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Nobody: 12:38am On Dec 31, 2020
hresso:

If your story is true, I can give you the 40k to pay them back.
Pele, it's well..
Very true sir. I can forward the manager or accountant number to you for confirmation and the address of the superstore.
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by staga: 12:40am On Dec 31, 2020
spiceadole:
A meagre 40k is a man's salary in Nigeria.

Some have wives and children..

How do these people cope?

300k+ as a spinster before I got married and relocated to UK,I was still complaining.

Damn! Life shaaa!!

That was my pay 17 years ago and it was hardly enough to cater to my own needs. How does a man take care of a wife and kids on that amount? It is impossible except they grow their own food.
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Nobody: 12:46am On Dec 31, 2020
Patriotic9ja:
If your story is true, then you deserve urgent help. But considering the fact that many dubious people with formats like this won't allow us know genuine ones in need. If you can upload evidence of the employment and layoff to substantiate your story, I'm willing to assist you @OP......
OK sir. Can I pm you d details?
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by hresso: 12:47am On Dec 31, 2020
Brosst:

Very true sir. I can forward the manager or accountant number to you for confirmation and the address of the superstore.

Send me a pm.
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by dodoisk(m): 12:51am On Dec 31, 2020
Be honest
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by teemy(m): 12:52am On Dec 31, 2020
Brosst:

Thanks sis. Seriously I'm depressed and I don't want them to see me as a bad person. Have been going round to see if I can raise something and take it to the management direct

One thing can lead to another.

I appreciate that you are willing to clear things up with them. However, all that talk about mouthpiece or no mouthpiece is english and not needed. Saying too much grammar begins to look like lies or excuses. You don't need it in this case.

Make it simple, ask the accountant if you can go with him to the manager to clear things. Tell the manager you had a lien placed on your account and you had hoped to clear it but unfortunately as you were not expecting money in the account, you were surprised at the outcome but being what it is, you would be glad to help in a speedy solution as soon as possible.

Opps, you don't have any money and no job and surely won't go on a new debt journey to clear an old one as it makes no business sense. An alternative is if they can temporarily employ you for two months and from half and half, pay you and the company and everyone goes home happy.

I said half and half as you too have to feed yourself as you could have been working elsewhere and then later send them their money. Only that this time they can monitor the money and collect it themselves which is why it will be two months you will be asking for.

I don't need to tell you that that two months is enough time to show them that you sabi your work very well enough to impress. Who knows, that 'temporary' two months might be converted to something more permanent. grin

One last thing, you should consider saving from day one to creating your own business as you've seen true life experience of the carpet being swept right from under your feet. Keep on the lookout for opportunities.

Wishing you well - Teemy
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Nobody: 1:08am On Dec 31, 2020
teemy:

One thing can lead to another.

I appreciate that you are willing to clear things up with them. However, all that talk about mouthpiece or no mouthpiece is english and not needed. Saying too much grammar begins to look like lies or excuses. You don't need it in this case.

Make it simple, ask the accountant if you can go with him to the manager to clear things. Tell the manager you had a lien placed on your account and you had hoped to clear it but unfortunately as you were not expecting money in the account, you were surprised at the outcome but being what it is, you would be glad to help in a speedy solution as soon as possible.

Opps, you don't have any money and no job and surely won't go on a new debt journey to clear an old one as it makes no business sense. An alternative is if they can temporarily employ you for two months and from half and half, pay you and the company and everyone goes home happy.

I said half and half as you too have to feed yourself as you could have been working elsewhere and then later send them their money. Only that this time they can monitor the money and collect it themselves which is why it will be two months you will be asking for.

I don't need to tell you that that two months is enough time to show them that you sabi your work very well enough to impress. Who knows, that 'temporary' two months might be converted to something more permanent. grin

One last thing, you should consider saving from day one to creating your own business as you've seen true life experience of the carpet being swept right from under your feet. Keep on the lookout for opportunities.

Wishing you well - Teemy
Thank you for the piece of advice bro

1 Like

Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by harmony75: 1:11am On Dec 31, 2020
nothing dey happen Shabi na this same guy sack you? your head don catch am God don butter your bread o tell them when you're gainfully employed you will pay.
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Jabioro: 1:21am On Dec 31, 2020
Do the app screenshot of your app statement or you get e-statement give it to him and write official letter to the management.. explain the detail,and i knowledge the funds received..as at now do not have source of income except if get another job... nothing they can do..relax your mind.. please
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Alimat40: 1:30am On Dec 31, 2020
I don't have sympathy for you because the way you are living your life it appears you are those employee that borrow from company every month. This explains why you are sacked. Please, refund the money. Why are you borrowing money when you don't have the mean to repay?
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by ultimateprof: 1:39am On Dec 31, 2020
This is my advice for you, since you can offer services that they need, summon courage and ask them to retain you back that by so doing you will be able to pay the debt. The gods are wise.
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Nobody: 1:39am On Dec 31, 2020
humilitypays:
Nairalanders the best you guys can do for this guy is to start a crowd funding for him.

I am ready to head it.

I would have paid off this debt for you but I am somewhere that I don't have access to much fund the little fund in my daily expenditure account is almost exhausted on xmas give aways cry

So I am using this medium to beg 20 good spirited Nairaland members to indicate interest let's start a crowdfunding for this guy. I will bear the bulk of the funding.

If we are able to raise more than the loan, we can give it to him as New Year gift or use it to assist other Nairaland people in need.

Nairaland need to have a crowd funding programme to assist our suffering youths bikonu cry

If you are interested to join the crowd funding pls quote or mention me.

God bless you all as you comply.

I promise all that will join that God will surprise you in 2021, take it from me.

Once I have up to 10 interested members I create the crowdfunding thread asap

Let him add a screenshot from his banking app and we'll take care of this issue. No PMs and certainly not doing this for God's blessings - he has done too much.

Update: BTW, it looks like some other nairalanders may have taken care of the debt, but no harm in lifting up a brother and his family with some extra cash.
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by abbiboy: 1:41am On Dec 31, 2020
gamegear:

The more reason a company should open a uniform salary account for all it's employees.
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Seyi8750: 1:42am On Dec 31, 2020
I swear. You saw the money and spent it. Stop asking for advice. Show us your statement of account. We are not a fool.
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Tokkson: 1:48am On Dec 31, 2020
coldFLARES1:
I'm quite inclined to ask this same question, Mr Op.

Again, I would believe you if you say you hope to dedicating inflows into that account to taking care of your indebtedness to Access Bank. If, I assume that to be true, how then did you plan to run your financial commitment to your family?

I can only imagine what anguish you may passing through ATM, but it is what it is: explain to him the situation with that account so he (the accountant) can source the pay of his colleague(your former junior) from other source(s) since it was his mistake. At least he has a job and made the mistake of crediting your account. So, he simply has to take responsibility until things ease up for you a bit.

The banks do not take back all the money at once, they take certain percentage monthly and it could run for as long as 1 year.
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Nobody: 1:49am On Dec 31, 2020
Tell them the Truth, whatever happens truth is truth regardless.

Truth shall set you free, and good conscience knows no fear.

Begin your explanation with the words ' There is a big problem......;

Works all the time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

How Lucrative Is OPTOMETRY / Apostle Chibuzor Offer Sacked Chicken Republic Staff Scholarships Abroad / Access Bank Plc Salary Structure: How Much Does Access Bank Pay Staff?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.