Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,939 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:29 AM

A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 - Career (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 (75698 Views)

Chicken Stolen From Store, Manager Sacked / Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k / My Brother Was Sacked And Duped By A Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by jwax: 7:11am On Dec 31, 2020
The job of an inventory manager is a sensitive one that requires integrity and accountability. Anyhow person cannot be employed to handle such important position.

I strongly believe you are under a test and your continuous delay is puncturing a hole to your integrity.

The dismissal, the payment are not mere coincidence.

Get their money and pay them. Even if the job doesn't come back you will save yourself from alot

2 Likes

Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Excuzeme: 7:17am On Dec 31, 2020
edogu:

He may be right. Some financial institutions[b] cannot give you loan if the account submitted to them is not a salary account[/b].

You are Right on the button.
Such Loans are ALWAYS paid into and deducted from Salary Account, so they can have a lien on your salary as it comes in. grin undecided

I dont even understand his panic, just explain to them what happened and show proof.
Time will sort out all these problems, as long as you are honest.

1 Like

Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Nobody: 7:19am On Dec 31, 2020
Basalt:
Inasmuch as am not doubting the authenticity of the OP's story, but I noticed that all the posts telling him to prove that he is saying the truth was ignored by him.

Someone volunteered to help him but simply demanded to see the statement of account where the 40k entered and left and also a letter of termination from the company.

He saw these messages and ignored them.
My question is
Brosst why did you ignore those statements asking for proof from you?
I didn't ignore anybody. I already chatted the person up on WhatsApp sir to send every details and proof. I already mail access bank to send me my statement account so that I can print it out and forward it the management
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Lenient001: 7:20am On Dec 31, 2020
It's God that is testing your faith bro. Just wait for the coming up miracle approaching your door.
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by PastorFire: 7:27am On Dec 31, 2020
gamegear:
But why use an account that you know is on negative balance as your salary account for the company in the first place?.

I smell what is not true (lies)
Comprehend his post please. He immediately transfers it to his Kuda account.
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by PastorFire: 7:29am On Dec 31, 2020
fnep2smooth:
I believe your bank didn't take all the money.. just transfer the remaining and tell them you will complete it when you get some money.

I build Website
Pay when the job is completed

So that you will charge high and refuse to give me cpanel login details if i refuse to pay abi?.
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by vanesa(m): 7:30am On Dec 31, 2020
Send it to my Email derek4ever@yahoo.com, send me your phone number also
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by ebenmosi360(m): 7:33am On Dec 31, 2020
Break the news to him, and if possible show him evidence. That's all.... Dem no go kill u and u sef no over think this situation go find another work and keep hoping on God
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by dshe: 7:36am On Dec 31, 2020
You are simply being administered an integrity test and you are failing by delaying. Print your bank statement showing the credit and debit, take it to the company management as prove then offer yourself to them to work for a month without pay.
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by oxiide22(m): 7:40am On Dec 31, 2020
Basalt:
Inasmuch as am not doubting the authenticity of the OP's story, but I noticed that all the posts telling him to prove that he is saying the truth was ignored by him.

Someone volunteered to help him but simply demanded to see the statement of account where the 40k entered and left and also a letter of termination from the company.

He saw these messages and ignored them.
My question is
Brosst why did you ignore those statements asking for proof from you?
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Nobody: 7:45am On Dec 31, 2020
vanesa:
Send it to my Email derek4ever@yahoo.com, send me your phone number also
OK sir
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by harmargedon: 7:48am On Dec 31, 2020
gamegear:
But why use an account that you know is on negative balance as your salary account for the company in the first place?.

that's because when he pays back he can borrow again. it ain't rocket science.
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by kolaaderin: 7:52am On Dec 31, 2020
gamegear:

why not when he has the will to pay back his loan from the bank, it a logical thing to do.
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 31, 2020
Excuzeme:

First, let me say l am against owing and not paying back. I am also against any sort of dubious action, when it comes to debt.

@bolded.
I think you are wrong, they cannot arrest him if he knows his rights because he has not committed any crime.
Reasons:
1) He did not trick or ask the Accountant to transfer money into his account
2) The error of transfer has nothing to do with him.
3) He did NOT withdraw a kobo of the transferred money (He will commit an offence if he used the money)
4) The usage of the money was not done by him but by an AUTOMATIC ACTION of his Creditors that he owed
5) He was not aware that the money was coming-in and that his Creditors will remove the money, without this knowledge
6)He has no intention of not returning the money IF and IF it was in his account and had not been taken by his Creditor

So, what will they arrest him for? That his Creditor took the money? That he could not stop the creditor from taking it? That they made a transfer mistake?
Even if they intimidate him with Police (and he should contact a Human Rights Lawyer immediately), he still cant refund the money because he does not have it and did not take it. He just needs to explain to them what transpired, assuming he is telling the truth.

The best they can do, is either to speak with his Creditor, to say the money taken from his account was not his or give him his job back and they deduct it from his pay or hope that he would get another job and arrange an instalment repayment plan with him.

BTW: For Sacking him, they should be paying him a severance pay because they had made him loose his stable employment and thrown him into the labour market. angry
I am tempted to say 'Na God catch dem' grin

If i may ask which right?

If your bank credit your account with some money that isnt your own, wont you return it?

The money isn't for him, he already confirmed that it isnt for him, the best thing any trustworthy person will do is return it.
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by kolaaderin: 7:56am On Dec 31, 2020
Clicked:

Thank you! I thought the same. There's no way anyone would risk their salary like that. He has not told us the true story yet.
he has a pending loan to pay why not. Why are Nigerians thinking this badly.

1 Like

Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Jesusjudy: 7:58am On Dec 31, 2020
Feel for you bro.Abeg make una raise for our fellow nairalander.If l was very boxed up l wouldn't mind clearing your debt.
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Patriotic9ja(m): 8:03am On Dec 31, 2020
Brosst:

OK sir. Can I pm you d details?

It's better you upload it here directly. But you can remove or cover any sensitive part..... just a little proof to ascertain your claim. Other people on the forum may also want to reach out.

1 Like

Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Adewunmibaba(m): 8:04am On Dec 31, 2020
[quote author=Brosst post=97540400]Good day fellow Nairalanders. Please don't mind my long note.

Do you know about stock control and inventory mgt?
Do you live around Bariga or dopemu?
Do send me a PM let talk ASAP.
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by 400billionman: 8:05am On Dec 31, 2020
Clicked:

Thank you! I thought the same. There's no way anyone would risk their salary like that. He has not told us the true story yet.

The basic requirement for doling out a loan by banks, or any credit company is that you must access that loan via a salaried account.

Salary is the basic repayment plan.
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 8:07am On Dec 31, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
Borrow from friends and pay back in time or they might arrest you.

This is company money, the job of the accountant is also at stake here, so pity him too

Stop collecting loans from banks or loan apps, they are usury and usury is designed to make you poor, you keep borrowing and borrowing and paying back with high interest. It is a trap.

Arrest him for what? They were careless!
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 8:09am On Dec 31, 2020
gamegear:

What is wrong with that? The company is supposed to just pay his salary and any deductions to his account is not their business. After sacking him, they should have removed him from their payroll, period! It is the carelessness of their staff and they should deal with it.
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Olayinka777(m): 8:12am On Dec 31, 2020
OP I have a question for u. How come it was the account details in which u took loan from that u gave out as your salary account? Something is not adding up here.
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Akaujaa(m): 8:13am On Dec 31, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
Borrow from friends and pay back in time or they might arrest you.

This is company money, the job of the accountant is also at stake here, so pity him too

Stop collecting loans from banks or loan apps, they are usury and usury is designed to make you poor, you keep borrowing and borrowing and paying back with high interest. It is a trap.

Arrest him for what exactly? For stealing or for what exactly?
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by MrBONE2(m): 8:13am On Dec 31, 2020
Ishilove:
Chai. This is what happens when wahala wears aso ebi embarassed sad
grin

Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Successmind(m): 8:24am On Dec 31, 2020
Mafoor, IMO iyami no wa pelu eee.... Na money wey dey na him one person go collect..... Not your fault bro.... Go print d statement of account, serve him, hold one and report yourself @ a nearest police station, let dem attache one to your statement @ the police station too..... Tell dem u will start paying the accountant installmentally when u have another job (@ your own convenience) .... If he takes the matter to any police station, u are already a committed saint who is willing to pay back..... Try this and thank me later....
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by SeunNotOwner: 8:25am On Dec 31, 2020
Brosst:
Good day fellow Nairalanders. Please don't mind my long note.

Pls what can I do in this kind of situation?

Very simple matter. write a formal letter to the Superstore Manager, promising to refund as soon as you are bouyant to pay back.

Why worried when you can write, at least you did not steal or borrow
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Princepioneer(m): 8:26am On Dec 31, 2020
frozen70:

You don't have to put your self into a depressed state because of their own mistakes and also putting you off for reasons best known to them

Let the accountant follow you to the bank and see things himself

As for your other accounts, just remove whatever penny that is there so that they won't see a kobo there

Tell them to give you time to look for money as you don't have anything doing now to get money

If are asked to write under taking, you can write and if it's 2k you have at any given time you send to them and keep your records

Don't ever promise in the writing that you will pay all at a time

Let them partake in putting you through hardship, eve is it takes you a whole year to clear it, to me, it doesn't matter
. Wise man...
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Nobody: 8:27am On Dec 31, 2020
Successmind:
Mafoor, IMO iyami no wa pelu eee.... Na money wey dey na him one person go collect..... Not your fault bro.... Go print d statement of account, serve him, hold one and report yourself @ a nearest police station, let dem attache one to your statement @ the police station too..... Tell dem u will start paying the accountant installmentally when u have another job (@ your own convenience) .... If he takes the matter to any police station, u are already a committed saint who is willing to pay back..... Try this and thank me later....
Thank you for the advice bro. Have mail access bank for my statement of account. And I have communicated the whole issue to the superstore manager

1 Like

Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Olomba1: 8:38am On Dec 31, 2020
gamegear:

Bros u go school well I swear.
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Junkelie: 8:39am On Dec 31, 2020
This is integrity test and you are failing already. If you love your career, kindly return the money...find a way
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Xpress24(m): 8:41am On Dec 31, 2020
Ishilove:

His village people are fanning their biabia with his picture.
grin
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by fnep2smooth(m): 8:45am On Dec 31, 2020
PastorFire:
So that you will charge high and refuse to give me cpanel login details if i refuse to pay abi?.
Hahahahaha...

Are you referring to the post or to my advert.
How will I charge you high when we have agreed on what you will pay me.

Paying after the job is completed is a way of showing my client that I am not a scammer. So pay me when u know I completed your job.

Naija self

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

How Lucrative Is OPTOMETRY / Apostle Chibuzor Offer Sacked Chicken Republic Staff Scholarships Abroad / Access Bank Plc Salary Structure: How Much Does Access Bank Pay Staff?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.