Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,369 members, 7,808,291 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:55 AM

Looking For A Buyer For Your Shares? - Investment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Looking For A Buyer For Your Shares? (4971 Views)

What Happens To Your Shares After Death? / Your Shares Certificates Are They Safe In Your House? / Want To Sell Your Shares (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Looking For A Buyer For Your Shares? by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 08, 2007
Atam-Man:

I could offer you 5k units of DSR, but what price are you willing to offer?

Guy what user name is that? Are you from the Northern or Central paret of cross river state?
Re: Looking For A Buyer For Your Shares? by frankiriri(m): 4:25pm On Dec 14, 2007
I guess the fear of internet fraud made a lot of people shy off using this thread. angry
Re: Looking For A Buyer For Your Shares? by walcolm(m): 5:04pm On Dec 14, 2007
@frankirri,

the major challenge to what u are trying to initiate on this thread is that there's no individual tradin portal in nigeria yet so u cant sell shares to someone based on gentleman's agreement etc

some stockbrokers like IBTC will not even want to hear that they should sell ur stock to a particular person because they are supposed to deal with brokers like themselves and they usually do bulk sales and purchases.

i think what we should do is let people align by stockbroker and then arrange intermember transfer, that will reduce the push back you get from stockbrokers since they stand to make all the commission

just my take
Re: Looking For A Buyer For Your Shares? by idealsico(m): 5:52pm On Dec 14, 2007
I negotiated to buy a friend's Zenith bank shares.I then contacted my broker.He told me that he would not be party to any deal outside the floor of the NSE.

I don't really want to miss this opportunity because I got those shares at good price.Can I do the deal with another broker ?

Please advise me accordingly.
Re: Looking For A Buyer For Your Shares? by madeonline(m): 8:22pm On Dec 14, 2007
Frankirri, Nevada and co ,  nice thread.

I have read through after an initial post six months ago.

Malcom has mentioned the challenge/barrier that would not make this lofty idea feasible.

All stocks to be exchange must pass through the floor of the NSE via CSCS precisely. Any stock exchanged on "gentleman" agreement is not tennable, unless the transferor has signed a valid transfer form (in the presence of his broker) and issued a mandate for transfer from his account to that of the receipient.

Another challenge is that both transferor and receipient must have stock dealing/CSCS accounts with the same broker lest the transefor must effect i-transfer (inter house transfer) to the house where they both have an account. (Sounds so cumbersome but could be as easy as a few clicks if both parties understand the dynamics as explained by their broker).

I do hope you see reasons why gentleman exchanges are not feassible yet in Nigeria, however I must state that there are some fund managers who take the risk of buying certifcates from transferors (after completion of necessary documents and mandates) at discounted rates.

Please kindly take to the advice of Upson and other brokers who contributed on this thread, "stock sales in Nigeria is not like Jankara market. Even if you do not like or have a broker you must have to see one to get that stock exchanged legitimately.

There was a comment on fake brokers on the thread ,  time and chance has proven that not all are fictitious afterall. We have had cause to get stock dealing accounts opened for some names on this thread, others have gone ahead to reccommend us to friends. And we are still in the business of delivering excellent service to our valued clients.

I am still on the duty of opening accounts. (This thread actually motivated me to offer the service to nairalanders and it has been a challenging experience so as to demonstarte that the ease of direct purchase from the floor vis-a-vis risky exchanges). I use this medium to appreciate those who have tasked me at one point or the other, it is my pleasure doing business with you!

A word is enough for the wise ,  invest and invest wisely. Always note that money instruments aren't valid without complete signatures and appropriate signatory mandates!

Re: Looking For A Buyer For Your Shares? by tunde44: 4:01am On Dec 15, 2007
Hi,

I have 22,000 units of FIRST ATLANTIC shares for sale @#12.
Interested buyer should contact me for details: e_agwuncha@yahoo.com, 08033073
Re: Looking For A Buyer For Your Shares? by tunde44: 4:06am On Dec 15, 2007
Hi,

I have 22,000 units of FIRST ATLANTIC shares for sale @#12.
Interested buyer should contact me for details: e_agwuncha@yahoo.com, 08033073093
Re: Looking For A Buyer For Your Shares? by Ciaman: 9:57pm On Dec 28, 2007
Hey , I love this discussion and I dont think there should be problem looking for a seller and buyer of shares here. Though I understand that Nigeria factors should be put into consideration especially when dealing online and with something that deals with money becos there are some people who pose to be real and reliable but mess up to be 419 at last but I know we can put heads together suggest ways to make shares trading on here work successfully without playing on anyone inteligent, without fraud. You asked me how??

Anyway this is my own contribution, Thank God CSCS has whats called SPECIAL ACCOUNT. Anyone who wishes to be buying here can open a special account. Any stockbroking firm can buy or sell off specal account. This forum can be achieved if people who wants to participate in this deal has Special Account with CSCS but you will only need to make a solid agreement on any transaction. You should let the appropriate authorities in the sellers stockbroking firm know about the deal, This type of deal needs more than Account officer awareness.
I think this is my contribution for now , I hope to see suggestions and reasonable critizism about my suggestion not words of abuse from some unfortunate people who rain abuses and never come up with any useful or meaningful suggestion(s) n forums like this.
Re: Looking For A Buyer For Your Shares? by GeorgeD1(m): 9:51am On Jul 08, 2009
who is selling and who is buying? grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Has Ultimate Cycler Crashed? Here Is What The Owner Said About It / Free NFTs Crypto Coin Giveaway That Can Transform Your Hustle...It's REAL! / Earn A Life Time Monthly Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.