Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

10 Things To Learn From Japan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Things To Learn From Japan (6598 Views)

Things To Know About Yahaya Bello Apc's Replacement / Prof Mohamood Yusuf: Top 10 Things You Need To Know About The New INEC Boss / INEC's New Chairman 'Mahmud Yakubu': 4 Important Things To Know About (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Things To Learn From Japan by noblefada: 7:00pm On Mar 29, 2011
Quote from: blacksta on Today at 02:12:54 PM
Nigeria a country ruled by monkeys /greed - take all from the can /Sit on the can.  The leadership selection process in Nigeria is highly flawed hence the confusion - until you fix that process - the head remains rotten.  If the head is misbehaving the body remains confused.

Only God knows how to fix Nigeria -  With Nigerians still clamouring for PDP ( 12 years of misrule  -- i believe is enough clear evidence) - I dont know or how else to fix Nigeria  

[color=#990000]There are so many people that can fix nigeria very fast but are not interested in the politics inv
olved[/color]

This is the most basic truth i've ever read on NL, very sad that in a country full of intellectuals things cannot be done right. tanx so much 4 ur post!
Re: 10 Things To Learn From Japan by Nobody: 7:16pm On Mar 29, 2011
Arosa:

Here we go again. mumu psudo scientist.
@Arosa, it is spelt 'Pseudo'.
And common, be realistic, How many black Nations are part of the G8 Summit? O r how many Black nations are recognised world powers?
Re: 10 Things To Learn From Japan by fm7070: 7:20pm On Mar 29, 2011
If only 30% of Nigerians apply these 2 principleS in our dealings, we will be the WORLD POWERFUL COUNTRY in the next 10 years

1.   RIGHTEOUSNESS
2.   LOVE

Proverbs 14: 34:    [b]Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people.
Righteousness is so powerful that it can exalt a whole nation.[/b]

Ist Corinthian  13:  1-6
                              Verse 2      And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not love, I am nothing.

Even though we are the largest producer of crude oil in the whole world, with economic potentials, and rich agricultural soil that can yield thousands, and all kinds of sanctimonious religious presence and have not LOVE, we are NOTHING

In conclusion

Proverbs  6 : 6:      Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise:
Let us look at very small countries who do not have oil, but follow the path of love, transparency and righteousness. Although they are not the richest, but they are not begging

God bless us all
Re: 10 Things To Learn From Japan by Arosa(m): 7:31pm On Mar 29, 2011
fellis:

@Arosa, it is spelt 'Pseudo'.
And common, be realistic, How many black Nations are part of the G8 Summit? O r how many Black nations are recognised world powers?
Thanks for spelling Pseudo correctly, embarassed So can you please tell us the name of the genetic defect that prevents us from been part of the G8?
Re: 10 Things To Learn From Japan by Nobody: 7:39pm On Mar 29, 2011
Arosa:

Thanks for spelling Pseudo correctly, embarassed So can you please tell us the name of the genetic defect that prevents us from been part of the G8?
No I cannot do that. Because as I said before, I think it is a genetic issue. I only said what I thought.
I could be wrong, I admit.
I never stated that there was definitely a genetic defect that stops us from being in the G8.
Re: 10 Things To Learn From Japan by Bariyiga: 8:01pm On Mar 29, 2011
The lessons from Japan's earthquake and tsunami is immeasurable.

Re: 10 Things To Learn From Japan by poweredcom(m): 8:47pm On Mar 29, 2011
I must say I'm shocked to see such from people who are not into Christianity religiousness

That was were Nigeria was lot, Religion and still yet we are disorganized, how can you not get the best from a nation and people like Japan who were not interested in western religion, and culture,
Re: 10 Things To Learn From Japan by EzeUche(m): 9:15pm On Mar 29, 2011
One thing to learn from Japan is that they have not forsaken their culture or religion for Western ways and customs. Africans need to learn to have pride in our traditional customs.
Re: 10 Things To Learn From Japan by Kilode1: 9:23pm On Mar 29, 2011
EzeUche:

One thing to learn from Japan is that they have not forsaken their culture or religion for Western ways and customs. Africans need to learn to have pride in our traditional customs.

Well said, Mazi Ezeuche.

May Amadioha and other Alusi's continue to protect our cultures. . .
Re: 10 Things To Learn From Japan by EzeUche(m): 9:27pm On Mar 29, 2011
Kilode?!:

Well said, Mazi Ezeuche.

May Amadioha and other Alusi's continue to protect our cultures. . .

Agreed. There was a particular type of beauty in our traditional beliefs.

It is up to us to protect them before it is too late.

And instead of seeing each other as enemies, Africans need to focus on the enemy who continues to mock our histories, culture and languages. We all know who they are.
Re: 10 Things To Learn From Japan by fstranger3(m): 9:52pm On Mar 29, 2011
God bless the Japanese people

How i wish i was like them, mingling with such great people, not with low-life tribal champions like Ezeuche. sad
Re: 10 Things To Learn From Japan by Rastamann: 11:02pm On Mar 29, 2011
Every society acts according to their culture and tradition. So stop comparing Nigeria with Japan. Japan has a government that is people oriented and what type of government do we have in Nigeria? What is the poverty level in Japan and what is the poverty level in Nigeria? Man mi, there is no basis for this posting at all.
Re: 10 Things To Learn From Japan by stevetokyo(m): 12:08am On Mar 30, 2011
I live in Japan,, and from what I can tell you! There is still more the world can learn from this.
Re: 10 Things To Learn From Japan by ektbear: 12:58am On Mar 30, 2011
EzeUche:

Meh. Some of these African customs/cultures sucked @ss. Slavery, ritualism, cultism, the osu stuff. . .

I'm glad that sh1t is dead (or dying).

I don't like this idea of holding on tightly to culture. I believe instead in improving it, getting rid of the bad stuff and adding more good.
Re: 10 Things To Learn From Japan by EzeUche(m): 1:19am On Mar 30, 2011
^^^

Say that to your Obas Yankee boy. Forsaking traditional values. But I can understand why, you were raised in a Western setting. That is why I cannot blame you. You can't even speak your mother tongue.

Re: 10 Things To Learn From Japan by EzeUche(m): 1:21am On Mar 30, 2011
The Japanese haven't forsaken their culture. These pictures should illustrate the point I am trying to make.

Re: 10 Things To Learn From Japan by sckipbanj(m): 1:27am On Mar 30, 2011
hi
Re: 10 Things To Learn From Japan by Nobody: 1:28am On Mar 30, 2011
Am touched. This is a lovely piece
Re: 10 Things To Learn From Japan by hermosa(f): 6:52am On Mar 30, 2011
@Lagos boy, i really love ur insight, and i'd love to post this on my website. holla back!! i'll be waiting for a response!!
Re: 10 Things To Learn From Japan by Nobody: 8:23am On Mar 30, 2011
@ Topic

Excellent. The Japanese are terrific people. Perhaps the most unbelievable thing I heard concerning their calm and dignity in distress is that at the peak of the earthquake when cars and houses (and human beings) were swept ashore . . .and the accompanying pandemonium. . .people actually obeyed traffic lights and WAITED at intersections for the greenlight!!! Despite the fact that their lives were at risk!!! What a country; what a people.
Re: 10 Things To Learn From Japan by ideylaff: 9:04am On Mar 30, 2011
The day you start comparing your status, achievement, sucess et al,  With another
It is from that moment you start to die.
Inshort tell me the important of  gooddies in life without peace? If u av a gud character then why not fly to japan. Great Nigerians God is Good,  Whereas Nigeria is just 50 tell what japan or united states achieved when they are at that age? Now tell me if we can't reach, conquer, and surpass them.

@ Lanreseg no one is comparing like dat bro, but in life people take a leaf out of something good, across all spheres of life, (living, co-habiting or whatever kind of activity you might be engaged in)

You need a yard stick to measure against something not against nothing bro,

I see you are looking at the number of year its taking US to get to where they are right now,  shocked

May I also suggest you look @ Malaysia then,  (got their independence about the same time as us, got their Palm kernel seeds somewhere in Africa oo, (not oil) and off the back of
that have achieved quite a lot in comparison to us who just keep singing Arise O' Compatriots for nothing. tongue

My bro, unless we want to lie, "we don fall 4 Africa oooo" all these Giant of Africa Slogan na for book ooo, no be 4 reality

bro see people walking to work on 3rd mainland bridge,  kidnapping here and there, she na so we be b4,  naaaaa, we used to be a good nation people and attitude b4 u no remember?
yes there is time, but we need to act fast, I mean we were celebrating GSM a few years ago when Namibia had it yonks b4 us,  that 1 no be achievement oooo

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Learn From Japan by sley4life(m): 6:27pm On Mar 30, 2011
they are well organised. they have started rebuilding
Re: 10 Things To Learn From Japan by OWOLAYEMO: 6:39pm On Mar 30, 2011
Lets take the +ves from the story and move forward.
Re: 10 Things To Learn From Japan by kl2020: 7:32pm On Mar 30, 2011
divide nigeria into 10 nations and u see the changes
Re: 10 Things To Learn From Japan by Dede1(m): 8:04pm On Mar 30, 2011
@OP

It will be a case of contagious social malady to compare Japan and Nigeria except when mentioned as members of the idiotic organization called United Nations.
Re: 10 Things To Learn From Japan by Nobody: 8:08pm On Mar 30, 2011
Dede1:

@OP

It will be a case of contagious social malady to compare Japan and Nigeria except when mentioned as members of the idiotic organization called United Nations.

I see that your Oxford Dictionary is wearing out.
roll eyez @ the dramatic display of English-ism.
Re: 10 Things To Learn From Japan by Nobody: 11:35pm On Mar 30, 2011
I love Japanese culture. It's calm and reminiscent of the good ol' days of decency and respect.

Lanreseg:

The day you start comparing your status, achievement, sucess et al, With another
It is from that moment you start to die.
Inshort tell me the important of  gooddies in life without peace? If u av a gud character then why not fly to japan. Great Nigerians God is Good, Whereas Nigeria is just 50 tell what japan or united states achieved when they are at that age? Now tell me if we can't reach, conquer, and surpass them.

The same excuse that could follow us and meet 1000 years old in the same state. Are Nigeria and South Korea not age mates?

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Learn From Japan by 1money: 10:25am On Apr 01, 2011
@poster,good writeup. Hope Nigerians learns dz lessons.
Re: 10 Things To Learn From Japan by DEjoessy: 3:15pm On Apr 02, 2011
Beaf

Re: 10 Things To Learn From Japan
« #9 on: March 29, 2011, 01:54 PM »

Some Nigerians are always quick to point to successes in foreign countries, yet the very same people will be first in the queue to bash any fellow Nigerian with vision and ability.
This is another Empty thread that lists goals as usual, but makes no suggestion about how to get there. Its all about being loudmouthed.

If you really wish to help Nigeria, start by helping the local talent down your street and getting others to do the same. I don't want to see these lame-brained topics dotting the whole place. They only show up our national inferiority complex.

If you believe you can do it, you will and you won't have to point at the Japanese like they are from Mars.

I beg to differ my friend rather than criticised a honesty observation that i think is born out patriotism, you are been offended. don't be blinded by sentiment my guy, the fact still remains that we have a lot to learn from the Japan experience.
Re: 10 Things To Learn From Japan by EKGHOUSE: 6:02am On Apr 04, 2011
UNIVERSAL CALL: Spread the video to everybody you know immediately. Let’s show the world that consciousness community can do numbers. The wicked win if the righteous don’t rise. Love to all yall heeding the call. Hotep. EKG HOUSE/ALL PEOPLES UNIVERSAL MOVEMENT/A TASTE OF ESSENCE INC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vb-wLA7Ocw

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aso Rock May Be Flooded – Ministry Of Environment / See The Mansion Rochas Okorocha Gifted His "Ethiopian Girlfriend" (Video) / Jonathan Cannot Contest, Says Babangida

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.