Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,350 members, 7,780,945 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:02 AM

Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? (8791 Views)

Help!! I Have A Spirit/Marine Wife. I Need Deliverance / 10 Self-Proclaimed Holy Men With Miracles That Went Horribly Wrong / What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by MuttleyLaff: 6:59pm On Dec 31, 2020
MightySparrow:
So, in essence, if I get what you're trying to explain is that there's no particular Spirit, known as Holy Spirit.
How do you mean saying that "I am trying to explain that there's no particular Spirit, known as Holy Spirit"? Is that really all you computed in that concise post, hmm?
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by MightySparrow: 7:04pm On Dec 31, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
How do you mean saying that "I am trying to explain that there's no particular Spirit, known as Holy Spirit"? Is that really all you computed in that concise post, hmm?
I am trying to understand your post
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by sonmvayina(m): 7:12pm On Dec 31, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
DOA
Thanos is a fictional supervillain appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. The character was created by writer-artist Jim Starlin, and made his first appearance in The Invincible.

Beautiful...Jesus is just still a fictional super hero appearing in a document of unknown author. Published by the romans who were trying to create a single religion for their empire. He made his first appearance in a gospel story bearing the name Mark...
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by sonmvayina(m): 7:15pm On Dec 31, 2020
MightySparrow:

May this new year bring you peace and less Nairaland drama.
Stay focused on the Torah and everything will be alright.
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:28pm On Dec 31, 2020
Have you ever heard someone say "you've not known me by my name" {Exodus 6:3} even when you've been calling him by the same name? Genesis 18:3 undecided

Well when someone says "in the name of" the meaning is deeper than what most people think! smiley

Emusan:

If Holy Spirit doesn't have a personal name, then Jesus was wrong to have said Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in THE NAME of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:"
Is this not in your NWT?
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by MuttleyLaff: 7:29pm On Dec 31, 2020
MightySparrow:
I appreciate that is what you want to try and do, but please dont give a false and/or misleading account of what I typed nah. It is very clear and unambiguous all what I typed in the post.

sonmvayina:
May this new year bring you peace and less Nairaland drama.
Stay focused on the Torah and everything will be alright.
The Torah and the Old Testament laid the foundation for the New Testament. The Torah is the New Testament concealed, while the New Testament is the Torah and the Old Testament revealed. We use two hands to wash ourselves clean, lmso. Praise God. Alleluia
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by DiscipleFaith: 7:44pm On Dec 31, 2020
The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God. The Spirit that was upon Jesus and which is supposed to be on everyone who follows him. So no, there is no extra name for it.

1 Like

Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by MuttleyLaff: 7:55pm On Dec 31, 2020
Blabbermouth:
I know the God of Israel has a name, numerous titles and other personal names.

I know the Lord Jesus has a name, numerous titles and many other names.

So I'm asking, does the holy spirit have a name? If so, what is(are) the name(s)?
It might have a personal name, but I am not aware of the what the personal name is. It often is called Comforter, Paraclete, Helper, Spirit of Truth et cetera, but you being addressed here as Blabbermouth doesnt imply that is your personal name, lmso

Emusan:
Jesus said Matthew 28:19 "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:"

If Holy Spirit doesn't have a name, then Jesus would have wrong to baptize in THE NAME of the Holy Spirit.
Please dont tell me that you dont know that Matthew 28:19 is a latter addition/insertion to the Gospel according to Matthew, hmm?

Blabbermouth:
That verse is one of the reasons why I'm interested in knowing that name.

Do you know his name?
I wouldn't let that verse unduly arouse your interest because it is an insertion that isnt in the original text.

No one know knows the personal name of the Holy Spirit, its just as, no one on the Religion forum knows your personal name, we know you as Blabbermouth, but Blabbermouth defo isnt your personal name, lmso. I guess it's a descriptor name you selected to use and be called by because you reckon you are revved up to be doing indiscreet talking on in here, lmso

Emusan:
If you read the scripture very well you'll have familiar with the phrase "The Spirit" used for Holy Spirit in many times.

Besides, Holy Spirit is a name on it's own.
The phrase "Holy Spirit" is a description, it isnt really a personal name

Blabbermouth:
Lol. We both know you are spiritually kidding.
Yhwh is God's name, The Holy One is a title/eulogy.

Jesus is the Lord's name, the savior is a title/office.

The spirit of the holy one is the holy spirit. That's not a name!
Yhwh is not God's personal name. It also is a descriptor. Of course, I am sure you are aware its the four Hebrew alphabets Y, H, W and H, that when vocalised you end up with Yahweh.

Emusan:
This is funny considering that when God disclosed the name to Moses, we read that God says "This will be my name" which means prior to that time, God wasn't using that name.
"God also said to Moses, "Say this to the Israelites:
Yahweh
, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.
This is My name forever; this is how I am to be remembered in every generation."
"
- Exodus 3:15

"I am Yahweh, that is My name; I will not give My glory to another or My praise to idols."
- Isaiah 42:8

"even Yahweh, the God of Armies; Yahweh is His name of renown!"
- Hosea 12:5

God disclosed a descriptor name to Moshe aka Moses. Yahweh isnt God personal name, lmso. It is a revealing declaration, that is giving an expression of saying "I Self Exist" or simply "I AM" It also has the sense of saying "I AM that I AM" or "I become that I become" or "I shall be that I shall" et cetera

Of course God has a personal name, but the Bible clearly, on at least three occasions refused to reveal what God's personal name is. The Bible politely gives the reason for not saying what God's personal name is, and the reason for not disclosing the personal name is because the name is wonderful, meaning it is impossible to understand, is not able to be understood and/or it is incomprehensible. Hearing what the name is, will render the hearer, dumbfounded, lost for words and effectively speechless. So the personal name of God is unknown. It is hidden, is a secret and again, it is because its meaning is beyond comprehension and it's a name that works miracles. The closest anyone will get to knowing or feeling what the name is will be through the expressive "I AM that I AM,” descriptor declaration.

I can give more details on Exodus 3:15, if any is interested

Emusan:
At least the fact from the scripture is that The Holy Spirit has a name according to Jesus, if not Jesus will be wrong.
Jesus is a name that means "Salvation is from Yahweh" or "Yahweh saves", while the Saviour is just another descriptor word. I can live with it if you want to settle with calling it a title or office, but though Yahshua Ha Mashiah, aka Jesus Christ, God Incarnate is our Lord, Owner of the Universe and Saviour of the whole wide world, He never used Saviour as a title/office. He often used the title Son of Man instead quite a lot of times, lmso

1 Like

Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by MightySparrow: 8:00pm On Dec 31, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
I appreciate that is what you want to try and do, but please dont give a false and/or misleading account of the what I typed nah. It is very clear and unambiguous all what I typed in the post.

The Torah and the Old Testament laid the foundation for the New Testament. The Torah is the New Testament concealed, while the New Testament is the Torah and the Old Testament revealed. We use two hands to wash ourselves clean, lmso. Praise God. Alleluia

ok
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by MuttleyLaff: 8:04pm On Dec 31, 2020
MightySparrow:
ok
Feel free to ask questions, instead of slipping to distort what I typed
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by Blabbermouth: 8:16pm On Dec 31, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
It might have a personal name, but I am not aware of the what the personal name is. It often is called Comforter, Paraclete, Helper, Spirit of Truth et cetera, but you being addressed here as Blabbermouth doesnt imply that is your personal name, lmso
Spot on.

Please dont tell me that you dont know that Matthew 28:19 is a latter addition/insertion to the Gospel according to Matthew, hmm?

I wouldn't let that verse unduly arouse your interest because it is an insertion that isnt in the original text.
It seems DappaD said something similar about this Matthew 28:19, I will do a research on that.

No one know knows the personal name of the Holy Spirit, its just as, no one on the Religion forum knows your personal name, we know you as Blabbermouth, but Blabbermouth defo isnt your personal name, lmso. I guess it's a descriptor name you selected to use and be called by because you reckon you are revved up to be doing indiscreet talking on in here, lmso

MuttleyLaff - "No one knows the personal name of the holy spirit".
MuttleyLaff, that might be right, but I need to ask - Do you believe He/it has a name?

The phrase "Holy Spirit" is a description, it isnt really a personal name
Spot on.

Yhwh is not God's personal name. It also is a descriptor. Of course, I am sure you are aware its the four Hebrew alphabets Y, H, W and H, that when vocalised you end up with Yahweh.
It might not be his personal name, sure. Bringing it to our reality I can say - No one knows God's FIRST NAME, but He has given YHWH as his middle/other names.
God himself said - Yahweh is my name.

God disclosed a descriptor name to Moshe aka Moses. Yahweh isnt God personal name, lmso. It is an revealing declaration, that is giving an expression of saying "I Self Exist" or simply "I AM" It also has the sense of saying "I AM that I AM" or "I become that I become" or "I shall be that I shall" et cetera

Of course God has a personal name, but the Bible clearly, on at least three occasions refused to reveal what God's personal name is. The Bible politely gives the reason for not saying what God's personal name is, and the reason for not disclosing the personal name is because the name is wonderful, meaning it is impossible to understand, is not able to be understood and/or it is incomprehensible. Hearing what the name is, will render the hearer, dumbfounded, lost for words and effectively speechless. So the personal name of God is unknown. It is hidden, is a secret and again, it is because its meaning is beyond comprehension and it's a name that works miracles. The closest anyone will get to knowing or feeling what the name is will be through the expressive "I AM that I AM,” descriptor declaration.

Jesus is a name that means "Salvation is from Yahweh" or "Y[i]ahweh saves[/i]", while the Saviour is just another descriptor word. I can live with it if you want to settle with calling it a title or office, but though Yahshua Ha Mashiah, aka Jesus Christ, God Incarnate is our Lord, Owner of the Universe and Saviour of the whole wide world, He never used Saviour as a title/office. He often used the title Son of Man instead quite a lot of times, lmso
Hmmmmmm
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by MightySparrow: 8:25pm On Dec 31, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Is there a particular Spirit called The Holy Spirit?
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by livingchrist: 8:43pm On Dec 31, 2020
Name usually carry the idea of authority and identification, what that verse meant is that the All members of trinity are part of the name Jesus.
Check this verse,

Colossians 2:9
For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by MuttleyLaff: 9:06pm On Dec 31, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

MightySparrow:
Is there a particular Spirit called The Holy Spirit?

MuttleyLaff:
You need to realise that there is one spirit of God, that comes and reveals itself specifically in distinctive seven flavours, lmso, and so the phrase "Holy Spirit" essentially is indicating the whole of the distinctive spirit flavours, aka wholly spirit lmso. The Holy Spirit is, whole of the spirit devoted to God and dedicated to the successful work of God
There is a particular Spirit called The Holy Spirit. I am sure that you know that the Holy Spirit is part of the Godhead. There are seven particular flavours of the Spirit that as a whole come to be called or be known as the "The Holy Spirit".
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by DappaD: 9:39pm On Dec 31, 2020
Blabbermouth:

Spot on.

It seems DappaD said something similar about this Matthew 28:19, I will do a research on that.

MuttleyLaff - "No one knows the personal name of the holy spirit".
MuttleyLaff, that might be right, but I need to ask - Do you believe He/it has a name?
Spot on.
It might not be his personal name, sure. Bringing it to our reality I can say - No one knows God's FIRST NAME, but He has given YHWH as his middle/other names.
God himself said - Yahweh is my name.
Hmmmmmm

I guess you're mistaking me for someone else or you didn't grasp what I said. Jesus’ words at Matthew 28:19-20 corresponds with his parting words to his disciples at Acts 1:8 so the “name” recorded at Matthew 28:19 is actually what Jesus said but it can't be restricted to just that meaning only. Matthew 28:19-20 appears in the original Greek text—it wasn't spuriously added.
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Dec 31, 2020
bingbagbo:

Good questions

Q1: Yes, the Holy Spirit is same as the Lord Jesus Christ

Q2: He is Spirit/God (John 4:24)

At the appointed time, He became man (1 Timothy 3:16)

Died, resurected on the third day and ascended into heaven. He poured Himself upon His children and Lives in the children of God.

Only He can do this.

With Him all things are possible

He loves you

If Jesus Christ is the Holy Spirit, why did He talk of the different consequences of sinning against the Two of Them? Just curious.

2 Likes

Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Dec 31, 2020
sonmvayina:

Jesus vs Thanos, who do you think will win. Can we schedule a fight..
Adults are discussing. Pls go and do your homework.

2 Likes

Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Dec 31, 2020
sonmvayina:

Jesus vs Thanos, who do you think will win. Can we schedule a fight..
Adults are discussing. Pls go and do your homework.

3 Likes

Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by MightySparrow: 10:06pm On Dec 31, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

There is a particular Spirit called The Holy Spirit. I am sure that you know that the Holy Spirit is part of the Godhead. There are seven particular flavours of the Spirit that as a whole come to be called or be known as the "The Holy Spirit".
What is the nature of a Spirit
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by MuttleyLaff: 10:25pm On Dec 31, 2020
MightySparrow:
It is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. The nature of the Spirit is the nature of God. The nature of God, is the nature of the Spirit.
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by bingbagbo(m): 12:48am On Jan 01, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

If Jesus Christ is the Holy Spirit, why did He talk of the different consequences of sinning against the Two of Them? Just curious.

When He lived on this Earth as the man Jesus, He was lowered even though He was in the very form God.

All those who insulted Him, reviled Him and Killed Him were forgiven. He is currently the Holy Spirit and any blasphemy against Him will never be forgiven
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by Barristter07: 1:00am On Jan 01, 2021
livingchrist:
Name usually carry the idea of authority and identification, what that verse meant is that the All members of trinity are part of the name Jesus.
Check this verse,

Colossians 2:9
For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

You go just open mouth waaa grin

So three people bear the name Jesus ?

1 Like

Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:30am On Jan 01, 2021
Jesus is here saying if anyone lied or slander him it's normal God will overlook such due to our imperfect condition but God will not tolerate anyone who lied or slander his active force.
WHY?
Jesus lived amongst us just like one of us having all our characteristics we may conclude that he is trying to make himself something or maybe he has gone to learn some magical tricks to woo people to his side, maybe he's planning to take over power. But when we see the positive result of his teachings on those who embrace it, it will not be tolerable from God's standpoint to attribute such a teaching that's yielding positive results to Satan, so God will never forgive the offender because there is no other way God could prove himself if not the fine positive results of his active force (holy spirit). Matthew 12:31-32

May you have PEACE! smiley

HedwigesMaduro:

Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:46am On Jan 01, 2021
Sorry to intervene in your discussion Sir!

What you listed is not the nature of all spirits!
Note that some people were insane in Jesus' day and it was as a result of spirit possessing them {Matthew 8:28-34} did you see the negative effect of those spirits on those possessed and the herd of pigs?
So God is a spirit also all his heavenly sons (angels) this angels can favor or harm at will based on their countenance {Luke 1:19-20} but the active force of God only does things that will bring honour and praise to God that's why it is called "Holy Spirit" those attributes you listed up there belongs only to God's active force (Holy Spirit)

MuttleyLaff:
It is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. The nature of the Spirit is the nature of God. The nature of God, is the nature of the Spirit.
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by MuttleyLaff: 6:01am On Jan 01, 2021
MightySparrow:

MuttleyLaff:

MaxInDHouse:

Note that some people were insane in Jesus' day and it was as a result of spirit possessing them {Matthew 8:28-34} did you see the negative effect of those spirits on those possessed and the herd of pigs?
So God is a spirit also all his heavenly sons (angels) this angels can favor or harm at will based on their countenance {Luke 1:19-20} but the active force of God only does things that will bring honour and praise to God that's why it is called "Holy Spirit" those attributes you listed up there belongs only to God's active force (Holy Spirit)
I am pleased to have you intervene in our discussion Sir albeit it is obvious you glaringly failed to see MightySparrow's specified distinction

God is incorporeal, and so are celestial beings aka the angelic hosts of heaven, who by the way are never called nor addressed as heavenly sons of God

I am happy that you are reinforcing my earlier point, where and when I typed that the Holy Spirit is, whole of the spirit, devoted to God and dedicated to the successful work of God. Now God's active force or active power (i.e. the Holy Spirit)

It is from love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control that the Holy Spirit does things that will bring honour and praise to God.

Now, it is described as the "Holy Spirit" like I earlier forwarded because it is the whole of the seven flavouring to the Spirit, lmso. I am sure you are aware that there are seven flavouring to the Spirit, lmso.

"28When Jesus arrived on the other side of the lake, in the region of the Gadarenes,g two men who were possessed by demons met him. They came out of the tombs and were so violent that no one could go through that area.
29They began screaming at him, “Why are you interfering with us, Son of God? Have you come here to torture us before God’s appointed time?”
30There happened to be a large herd of pigs feeding in the distance.
31So the demons begged, “If you cast us out, send us into that herd of pigs.”
32“All right, go!” Jesus commanded them. So the demons came out of the men and entered the pigs, and the whole herd plunged down the steep hillside into the lake and drowned in the water.
33The herdsmen fled to the nearby town, telling everyone what happened to the demon-possessed men.
34Then the entire town came out to meet Jesus, but they begged him to go away and leave them alone
"
- Matthew 8:28-34

Of course, there are spirits, equally with negative influence or there are spirits that exist to perpetuate negative effect(s). As for the case of Matthew 8:28-34, pigs are considered unclean animals and this looking at them, from the least POV, is because they are filthy, hence it makes good and calculating sense for the demons to request that they be evicted and given pass to have habitation in something unclean, since by nature they are unclean spirits anyway
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:30am On Jan 01, 2021
The highlighted Sir!

Please can you help interpret what Mr Job meant @ Job 38:7 compared to Revelation 22:16

MuttleyLaff:

I am pleased to have you intervene in our discussion Sir albeit it is obvious you glaringly failed to see MightySparrow's specified distinction

God is incorporeal, and so are celestial beings aka the angelic hosts of heaven, who by the way are never called nor addressed as heavenly sons of God

I am happy that you are reinforcing my earlier point, where and when I typed that the Holy Spirit is, whole of the spirit, devoted to God and dedicated to the successful work of God. Now God's active force or active power (i.e. the Holy Spirit)

It is from love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control that the Holy Spirit does things that will bring honour and praise to God.

Now, it is described as the "Holy Spirit" like I earlier forwarded because it is the whole of the seven flavouring to the Spirit, lmso. I am sure you are aware that there are seven flavouring to the Spirit, lmso
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by MuttleyLaff: 6:49am On Jan 01, 2021
MuttleyLaff:

Now, it is described as the "Holy Spirit" like I earlier forwarded because it is the whole of the seven flavouring to the Spirit, lmso. I am sure you are aware that there are seven flavouring to the Spirit, lmso.

"28When Jesus arrived on the other side of the lake, in the region of the Gadarenes,g two men who were possessed by demons met him. They came out of the tombs and were so violent that no one could go through that area.
29They began screaming at him, “Why are you interfering with us, Son of God? Have you come here to torture us before God’s appointed time?”
30There happened to be a large herd of pigs feeding in the distance.
31So the demons begged, “If you cast us out, send us into that herd of pigs.”
32“All right, go!” Jesus commanded them. So the demons came out of the men and entered the pigs, and the whole herd plunged down the steep hillside into the lake and drowned in the water.
33The herdsmen fled to the nearby town, telling everyone what happened to the demon-possessed men.
34Then the entire town came out to meet Jesus, but they begged him to go away and leave them alone
"
- Matthew 8:28-34

Of course, there are spirits, equally with negative influence or there are spirits that exist to perpetuate negative effect(s). As for the case of Matthew 8:28-34, pigs are considered unclean animals and this looking at them, from the least POV, is because they are filthy, hence it makes good and calculating sense for the demons to request that they be evicted and given pass to have habitation in something unclean, since by nature they are unclean spirits anyway

MaxInDHouse:
The highlighted Sir!

Please can you help interpret what Mr Job meant @ Job 38:7 compared to Revelation 22:16

MuttleyLaff:
I reiterate that angels aren't in any sense, sons of God. Period

It wasn't angels, in Genesis 6:2&4, Job 1:6, Job 2:1 or even Job 38:7 that are called sons of God, but it is peculiar human beings that are.

Now if in circa Genesis 6:2&4 there were sons of God and the daughters of men, then there equally would have been daughters of God and the sons of men.

As for Job 38:7, reading the verse contextually, shows it is talking of the creation, where the celestial beings, sun and moon, are the sons of God. The "the morning stars" and "the sons of God", in Job 38:7, are metaphors, respectively for constellations & the sun and moon

Do you know that, God, is called the Father of lights? (i.e. Father of the constellation, the sun and the moon)
"Jesus replied,
“You are a respected Jewish teacher, and yet you don’t understand these things?
(i.e. You are the teacher of Israel, and do you not know these things?)
"
- John 3:10

MaxInDHouse, lmso, as you can read from my small extract above, taken from an earlier post of mine on another thread, Job 38:7 has no correlation with Revelation 22:16 to compare it with. If tbh, I dont think you are ready yet, to know and accept the truth of Revelation 22:16, lmso.
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by Emusan(m): 7:52am On Jan 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Have you ever heard someone say "you've not known me by my name" {Exodus 6:3} even when you've been calling him by the same name? Genesis 18:3 undecided

Well when someone says "in the name of" the meaning is deeper than what most people think! smiley

And the fact is that, the Holy Spirit has a name which negates your initial post that He doesn't!
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:54am On Jan 01, 2021
Jod 38:7 said the bright morning stars are sons of God and Revelations 22:16 said Jesus is also a morning Stars (one of them) undecided

MuttleyLaff:

"Jesus replied,
“You are a respected Jewish teacher, and yet you don’t understand these things?
(i.e. You are the teacher of Israel, and do you not know these things?)
"
- John 3:10

MaxInDHouse, lmso, as you can read from my small extract above, taken from an earlier post of mine on another thread, Job 38:7 has no correlation with Revelation 22:16 to compare it with. If tbh, I dont think you are ready yet, to know and accept the truth of Revelation 22:16, lmso.
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by Nobody: 7:59am On Jan 01, 2021
bingbagbo:

When He lived on this Earth as the man Jesus, He was lowered even though He was in the very form God.

All those who insulted Him, reviled Him and Killed Him were forgiven. He is currently the Holy Spirit and any blasphemy against Him will never be forgiven

I don't know if you guys read what you post.

1 Like

Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by Emusan(m): 8:04am On Jan 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

OK!

@color
I keep wondering why you people will proof the personhood of the Holy Spirit in one breath and in the same vein denied His personality.

You said "only does things that will bring honour and praise to God"

For this statement to be true, it means the Holy Spirit is a separate identity from God and Has a MIND and WILL of His own (which is true according to the scripture) but your claim of Holy Spirit as an active force of God is meaningless since the above statement is true.
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by MuttleyLaff: 8:25am On Jan 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Job 38:7 said the bright morning stars are sons of God and Revelations 22:16 said Jesus is also a morning Stars (one of them) undecided
MaxInDHouse, this must the "unable to make distinction" season

Are you trying to say that, you are unable to make the distinction between "the morning stars" and "the bright Morning Star" ni MaxInDHouse?

Now if Job 38:7, was suggesting that when it says: "the bright morning stars are sons of God" it was referring to the celestial angelic host of heavens aka angels, then why pad in the wording "... and all the angels.." into "the morning stars sang together and all the angels shouted for joy", hmm? That will be an illogical superfluity and groundless repetition.

C'mon now MaxInDHouse, this 2021, and you should by now have decided not to be saying what not the Bible said. Revelations 22:16 does not and/or did not say "Jesus is also a morning Stars" sic nor say He is one of them whats mentioned in Job 38:7. This is you introducing your incorrect preconceived idea and exercising your eisegesis skills, lmso.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? / Nigerian Pastors Are Shameless / Alien Skull Found In Peru

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.