Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,988 members, 7,806,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:47 AM

Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? (9130 Views)

Help!! I Have A Spirit/Marine Wife. I Need Deliverance / 10 Self-Proclaimed Holy Men With Miracles That Went Horribly Wrong / What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:33pm On Jan 08, 2021
If the spirit of man is a person then where was Jesus' spirit during those three days? cheesy

livingchrist:
Where did Jesus say his Spirit is going to heaven after he died?
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by livingchrist: 7:37pm On Jan 08, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
If the spirit of man is a person then where was Jesus' spirit during those three days? cheesy

Jesus spirit went to hell
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:21pm On Jan 08, 2021
Excellent!
So when Lazarus (Mary's brother) died for four days, where was his spirit? smiley

livingchrist:
Jesus spirit went to hell
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by livingchrist: 8:22pm On Jan 08, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Excellent!
So when Lazarus (Mary's brother) died for four days, where was his spirit? smiley

so how is where he went to any of any impotance to the scripture.
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:32pm On Jan 08, 2021
Because he's a man and we'll like to know where his spirit went since you claimed the spirit of man is a person! smiley

livingchrist:
so how is where he went to any of any impotance to the scripture.
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by livingchrist: 10:05pm On Jan 08, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Because he's a man and we'll like to know where his spirit went since you claimed the spirit of man is a person! smiley

Tell me the colour of cloth Lazarus wore before he died? undecided
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:20pm On Jan 08, 2021
What correlation does cloth has to do with spirit?
Well that's how it feels when you're just asking questions without pointing out the correct answers.
There is no living spirit that survives any creature at death! Ecclesiastes 3:19-20

That's the plain truth so allow it to free you from the burdens of falsehood! John 8:32

livingchrist:
Tell me the colour of cloth Lazarus wore before he died? undecided
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by livingchrist: 10:31pm On Jan 08, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
What correlation does cloth has to do with spirit?
Well that's how it feels when you're just asking questions without pointing out the correct answers.
There is no living spirit that survives any creature at death! Ecclesiastes 3:19-20

That's the plain truth so allow it to free you from the burdens of falsehood! John 8:32

that us how your question sounds.
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:16am On Jan 09, 2021
Stop deceiving yourself with this arrogance and stubbornness, it will lead you nowhere! smiley

livingchrist:

that us how your question sounds.
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by MuttleyLaff: 5:31am On Jan 09, 2021
Janosky:
Continue DECEIVING yourself, grin grin grin cheesy

the Godfathers of Trinity, the Catholic Church, your Trinity mentors have PROVED the Bible & JWs are very accurate.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/12952264_12796017img20190530134538jpegd690a55623431e4d3fc40c71376d3034_jpeg_jpeg5b8bb6813b21556362d425ada2c684e9
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by Emusan(m): 8:21am On Jan 09, 2021
Janosky:

Mr LIENUS, did the New Catholic Encyclopedia make those points in the screenshot ?
Continue DECEIVING yourself and console yourself..
Kpele cheesy grin
Your Trinity mentors disappointed you

Olodo, you no Sabi browse ?
You no get data ?
You no see "New Catholic Encyclopedia" for the Screenshots?
Shame on you
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

I'm still waiting for the link

You know you just cherry-picked the parts that suit that's why you can't provide the link.

Lying liar JWs like your father the Devil
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by Emusan(m): 8:23am On Jan 09, 2021
Janosky:
Greek 5043, olodo LIENUS grin cheesy grin cheesy
So your blind eyes have been opened to see that one...
Oponu...
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:33am On Jan 09, 2021
So there is nobody called Mr Holy Spirit since all those claiming someone is Holy Spirit failed to provide proof of his existence! smiley
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by Emusan(m): 8:37am On Jan 09, 2021
Barristter07:
Barnes never said he went to the Father before that moment .

But Barnes said that's not the meaning of what you said it happened.

Act 1:1,2

1 The first account, O The·ophʹi·lus, I composed about all the things Jesus started to do and to teach+ 2 until the day that he was taken up, after he had given instructions through holy spirit to the apostles he had chosen.

Jesus Never went up until that Day .

Liar...

Luke was saying the same thing like when Jesus told Mary not to cling on Him.

"Until the day He was taken up" that is, went up to heaven in the presence of His disciples and He no longer appeared to them.

According to Emusan, Jesus has been taken up before that day?

The spirit can be anywhere before final ascension.

Cognitive dissonance.

Check your two bolded statements, You just make Jesus a liar.

Here is my point again ode oshi

Jesus didn't lie and the evidence from the scripture is that the Holy Spirit is a person because

1. The Holy Spirit has MIND
2. The Holy Spirit has ability to KNOW
3. The Holy Spirit has a will
4. The Holy Spirit can be grieved
5. The Holy Spirit has emotions
6. The Holy Spirit speaks
7. The Holy Spirit can be communicated with
8. The Holy Spirit has fellowship with believers
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by Barristter07: 9:04am On Jan 09, 2021
livingchrist:
Where did Jesus say his Spirit is going to heaven after he died?

Luke 23:46 - So was Jesus in heaven that day ?
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by Barristter07: 9:15am On Jan 09, 2021
Emusan:

But Barnes said that's not the meaning of what you said it happened.

Nope, Jesus said he hasn't yet ascend and added that he will be GOING . Not Gone.

Liar...

Luke was saying the same thing like when Jesus told Mary not to cling on Him.

"Until the day He was taken up" that is, went up to heaven
in the presence of His disciples and He no longer appeared to them.

The spirit can be anywhere before final ascension.

That Day wasn't the day he died ?

Here is my point again ode oshi

Jesus didn't lie and the evidence from the scripture is that the Holy Spirit is a person because

1. The Holy Spirit has MIND
2. The Holy Spirit has ability to KNOW
3. The Holy Spirit has a will
4. The Holy Spirit can be grieved
5. The Holy Spirit has emotions
6. The Holy Spirit speaks
7. The Holy Spirit can be communicated with
8. The Holy Spirit has fellowship with believers

Only one person knows, Father.

Do you wanna make Jesus too a liar by your tradition of men ?
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by Emusan(m): 9:22am On Jan 09, 2021
Barristter07:
Nope, Jesus said he hasn't yet ascend and added that he will be GOING . Not Gone.

Yes! Which is final ascension where the disciples won't see Him like before.

That Day wasn't the day he died ?

Luke is talking about the day HE WAS FINAL TAKEN UP TO HEAVEN in Human Form not that HE HASN'T BEEN TO HEAVEN.

Only one person knows, Father.

Do you wanna make Jesus too a liar by your tradition of men ?

And the Holy Spirit is a person and knows the mind of Father.

You're already making Jesus a liar by the tradition of your 8 men.
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by Barristter07: 9:27am On Jan 09, 2021
Emusan:

Yes! Which is final ascension where the disciples won't see Him like before.

I am YET to ascend would be a LIE .

Luke is talking about the day HE WAS FINAL TAKEN UP TO HEAVEN in Human Form not that HE HASN'T BEEN TO HEAVEN.

Luke uses the word " UNTIL" which means didn't happen until that moment .

You this fraudster grin

And the Holy Spirit is a person and knows the mind of Father.

You're already making Jesus a liar by the tradition of your 8 men.

Which is correct ?

Nobody knows Except the Father - Jesus

Nobody knows Except Father and Holy spirit - Emusan
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by Emusan(m): 9:35am On Jan 09, 2021
Barristter07:
I am YET to ascend would be a LIE .

Only in your deluded head.

I'm yet to ascend as explained by Barnes is so clear that even a nursery pupil can decipher it.

Luke uses the word " UNTIL" which means didn't happen until that moment .

You this fraudster grin

"Began to do UNTIL" Which is still the same FINAL ASCENSION after resurrection, the scenario you're confusing yourself with is before resurrection.

Which is correct ?

Nobody knows Except the Father - Jesus

Nobody knows Except Father and Holy spirit - Emusan

What I have established here is that
1. The Holy Spirit is a person
2. The Holy Spirit knows the very mind of God (which you can't deny)

So Jesus didn't mention Holy Spirit isn't a problem since Holy Spirit knows everything the Father knows just as Jesus didn't mention the Father in the blasphemy statement.
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by Barristter07: 9:43am On Jan 09, 2021
Emusan:

Only in your deluded head.

I'm yet to ascend as explained by Barnes is so clear that even a nursery pupil can decipher it.

As explained by Jesus, I am Yet to ascend , Are you Yet to ascend if you have been there before ?

Christ added go and tell them I am going. A future tense.

"Began to do UNTIL" Which is still the same FINAL ASCENSION after resurrection, the scenario you're confusing yourself with is before resurrection.

No Fraudster

Act 1:1,2 said Jesus preach , teach on Earth UNTIL the day he ascend .

It was not just discussing after ressurection events .

He didn't say preach , teach, ascend then descend, grin

What I have established here is that
1. The Holy Spirit is a person
2. The Holy Spirit knows the very mind of God (which you can't deny)

So Jesus didn't mention Holy Spirit isn't a problem since Holy Spirit knows everything the Father knows just as Jesus didn't mention the Father in the blasphemy statement.

Spirit of man knows man's mind too, and it's not a person. Let that sink.

What I wanted to know is , which is correct?

" Nobody knows except The Father " - Jesus
" Nobody knows except Father and Holy spirit " - Emusan
?? ??

BLASPHEMY statement : another big proof for holy spirit not a person .

If it was a person, that would make it greater than Christ. But Christ was reffering to the Father who owns that spirit. It's not a separate person.
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by Emusan(m): 9:56am On Jan 09, 2021
Barristter07:
As explained by Jesus, I am Yet to ascend , Are you Yet to ascend if you have been there before ?

Christ added go and tell them I am going. A future tense.

"Yet to ascend" that is FINAL ASCENSION WHERE THE DISCIPLES WON'T SEE HIM LIKE BEFORE grab that into your empty skull.

You said Jesus is a spirit after resurrection but only borrow human form to appear to his disciples.

And we know that spirit lives in heaven, then where was Jesus during the period that He didn't appear to His disciples?

No Fraudster

Act 1:1,2 said Jesus preach , teach on Earth UNTIL the day he ascend .

It was not just discussing after ressurection events .

He didn't say preach , teach, ascend then descend, grin

I repeat, Luke is still talking about the FINAL ASCENSION.

Where was Jesus during the days He didn't appear to His disciples after 40 days in resurrection?

Spirit of man knows man's mind too, and it's not a person. Let that sink

The spirit of man is a person.

BLASPHEMY statement : another big proof for holy spirit not a person .

Ode....you can only blasphemy against PERSON not thing.

If it was a person, that would make it greater than Christ. But Christ was reffering to the Father who owns that spirit. It's not a separate person.

You can continue to lie to yourself on that.

Show me where you can blasphem against A THING.

You See what I usually say, you people know the truth but decided to twist it and keep deceiving yourself.

So Christ was referring to the Father which means Christ forgot the Father is existing before using A THING in position of the Father.

Continue Jehovah is watching your lies in 5D

Then do you then agree that Jesus also included the Holy Spirit in the Father since the Holy Spirit knows everything about God
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by Janosky: 2:43pm On Jan 09, 2021
Emusan:

I'm still waiting for the link

You know you just cherry-picked the parts that suit that's why you can't provide the link.

Lying liar JWs like your father the Devil
New Catholic Encyclopedia proof...
In the old testament, holy spirit is NOT a person...
Any attribute of emotion or intellectual activity to God's holy spirit are mere figures of speech..,"

The New Testament
The majority of N[ew] T[estament] texts reveal God’s spirit as something, not someone; this is especially seen in the parallelism between the spirit and the power of God. When a quasi-personal activity is ascribed to God’s spirit, e.g., speaking, hindering, desiring, dwelling (Acts 8.29; 16.7; Rom 8.9), one is not justified in concluding immediately that in these passages God’s spirit is regarded as a Person; the same expressions are used also in regard to rhetorically personified things or abstract ideas (see Rom 8.6; 7.17). Thus, the context of the phrase ‘blasphemy against the spirit’ (Mt 12.31; cf. Mt 12.28; Lk 11.20), shows that reference is being made to the power of God.”

* The New Catholic Encyclopedia have establish the biblical truth that in both old and new testament, with AMPLE EVIDENCES , God's holy spirit is NOT a person, Olodo LIENUS is looking for LIES that can not refute the antecedents in the old and new testament grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

Na JWs write New Catholic Encyclopedia ?
na JWs go give you the link ?
Bros you too dull

Olodo LIENUS,

grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by livingchrist: 2:58pm On Jan 09, 2021
Barristter07:

Luke 23:46 - So was Jesus in heaven that day ?
where was it written that Jesus went to heaven that day?
Or what has Jesus commutting his Spirit into his father's hand has to do with Jesus going to heaven?
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:01pm On Jan 09, 2021
It's obvious that Mr Emusan is empty-headed!

All he's here to do is antagonize, abuse, insult and curse JWs, so even if you provide all the proofs in this world Emusan is only out to criticize whatever you say. Note that since i discovered he love exchanging hurtful words i try as much as possible to filter my post so that Mr Emusan won't have any reason to throw insults here and there but instead of him to concentrate on points and deliver what he had, he's still going about with his abusive speeches!

Now what he had to say is "your people also abuses" cheesy

Please try to present your points without any abuses and see what Emusan will type in response to continue chatting! smiley

Janosky:

New Catholic Encyclopedia proof...
In the old testament, holy spirit is NOT a person...
Any attribute of emotion or intellectual activity to God's holy spirit are mere figures of speech..,"

The New Testament
The majority of N[ew] T[estament] texts reveal God’s spirit as something, not someone; this is especially seen in the parallelism between the spirit and the power of God. When a quasi-personal activity is ascribed to God’s spirit, e.g., speaking, hindering, desiring, dwelling (Acts 8.29; 16.7; Rom 8.9), one is not justified in concluding immediately that in these passages God’s spirit is regarded as a Person; the same expressions are used also in regard to rhetorically personified things or abstract ideas (see Rom 8.6; 7.17). Thus, the context of the phrase ‘blasphemy against the spirit’ (Mt 12.31; cf. Mt 12.28; Lk 11.20), shows that reference is being made to the power of God.”

* The New Catholic Encyclopedia have establish the biblical truth that in both old and new testament, with AMPLE EVIDENCES , God's holy spirit is NOT a person, Olodo LIENUS is looking for LIES that can not refute the antecedents in the old and new testament grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

Na JWs write New Catholic Encyclopedia, na JWs go give you the link , you too dull

Olodo LIENUS,

grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:03pm On Jan 09, 2021
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Aren't you the one who said Jesus' SPIRIT went to hell?
Now that someone point to where Jesus committed his spirit aren't you supposed to tell where Hellfire is located? At least it should be in the bosom of the person to whom Jesus' spirit was committed nah! cheesy

livingchrist:
Or what has Jesus commutting his Spirit into his father's hand has to do with Jesus going to heaven?
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by Barristter07: 5:16pm On Jan 09, 2021
livingchrist:
It simply means the human spirit that went to the Father in heaven is not a person ( Jesus) . Thank you. Now go back to the same verse that said human Spirit knows the things of a man, it's not a person but said to know, same apply to God's spirit. Not a person.

Comprehend?

1 Like

Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by Barristter07: 5:34pm On Jan 09, 2021
Emusan:

"Yet to ascend" that is FINAL ASCENSION WHERE THE DISCIPLES WON'T SEE HIM LIKE BEFORE grab that into your empty skull.

You said Jesus is a spirit after resurrection but only borrow human form to appear to his disciples.

And we know that spirit lives in heaven, then where was Jesus during the period that He didn't appear to His disciples?

I repeat, Luke is still talking about the FINAL ASCENSION.

Where was Jesus during the days He didn't appear to His disciples after 40 days in resurrection?

The spirit of man is a person.

grin grin grin This agitation and energy to defend falsehood.

ECC 12:7 said ALLL spirit return to God. In heaven

If spirit is a person, that means all persons , WICKED or good persons will end up in HEAVEN.
False doctrine of Emusan

Jesus case also prove spirit of man is not a person

Jesus commit his spirit to the Father , But didn't ascend to heaven until 40 says after his ressurection.

Emusan here is talking about Final Ascension, that is, there are two Ascension this man is an heretic. grin

Let's as Luke , how many Ascension ?

In my former book, Theophilus, I wrote about all that Jesus began to do and to teach 2 until the day he was taken up to heaven, after giving instructions

That former book contains Jesus life on Earth, Luke stress on that Jesus was around on Earth, UNTIL the day he was taken up

There are no two days of Ascension as the Heretic Emusan will tell us. Just a single day . Luke didn't say Jesus began to do and teach until the day he died and ascend then came back and instruct his Apostles TO HIS SECOND Ascension .

The heretic Emusan , are you listening ?

This proved beyond doubt that human spirit is not a person yet it can know a man's mind. Same apply to God's spirit and that is why Jesus said ONLY the Father knows, cos that's the only person that knows, his spirit is not a person.

Ode....you can only blasphemy against PERSON not thing.

You can continue to lie to yourself on that.

Show me where you can blasphem against A THING.

You See what I usually say, you people know the truth but decided to twist it and keep deceiving yourself.

So Christ was referring to the Father which means Christ forgot the Father is existing before using A THING in position of the Father.

Continue Jehovah is watching your lies in 5D

The thing is owned by a person and represented the owners authority , this owner is GREATER than Christ.

To think otherwise is to admit Holy spirit is greater in authority than Jesus .

Then do you then agree that Jesus also included the Holy Spirit in the Father since the Holy Spirit knows everything about God

Do you just admit the Father is a person and holy spirit is not ?

If yes, Correct.

If no, The Father is not a combination of two Persons!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by livingchrist: 9:50pm On Jan 09, 2021
Barristter07:

It simply means the human spirit that went to the Father in heaven is not a person ( Jesus) . Thank you. Now go back to the same verse that said human Spirit knows the things of a man, it's not a person but said to know, same apply to God's spirit. Not a person.

Comprehend?
so commiting his Spirit to his father's hand means his Spirit went to heaven?
You have a big problem with comprehension
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:05pm On Jan 09, 2021
If it's not so then you have to explain.
How many spirits does Jesus have?
Because you said his spirit went to HELLFIRE and Jesus himself said he committed his spirit in his father's hands.
So it's either HELLFIRE is in his father's hands/bosom or he has two spirits! undecided

livingchrist:
so commiting his Spirit to his father's hand means his Spirit went to heaven?
You have a big problem with comprehension
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by adeyanwale5(m): 10:36pm On Jan 09, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
It's only persons that have names, JEHOVAH is the name of the Most High God {Exodus 6:2-3; Psalms 83:18} JESUS is the name of God's only begotten SON, but God's Holy Spirit is not a person rather it's God's active force so it doesn't have a personal name! smiley

He is a comforter
He is a reminder
He is a standby and instructor...
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:32am On Jan 10, 2021
Just present the gathering where He is working out something tangible that's all!

adeyanwale5:

He is a comforter
He is a reminder
He is a standby and instructor...

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

How I Built My Faith In God / Calvinism Vs Arminianism - Whose View Is Right? / Fastidious Christian ! Why Is Prophet Hud And Shuaib Absent In The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.