Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,913 members, 7,799,082 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? (9021 Views)

Help!! I Have A Spirit/Marine Wife. I Need Deliverance / 10 Self-Proclaimed Holy Men With Miracles That Went Horribly Wrong / What Has Changed About You Ever Since You Received The Holy Spirit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by Blabbermouth: 11:42pm On Jan 02, 2021
Nuttella:
It means that father, Son and Holy spirit are one with different functions.
Hope you know I and Yhwh are one? John 17:21.
From my perspective, it's like it's a quad-nity, not a tri-nity any longer.

2 Likes

Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by Blabbermouth: 12:04am On Jan 03, 2021
shadeyinka:

The Father is NOT the Word
The Word is NOT the Holy Spirit
The Holy Spirit is NOT the Father

However

God is the Father
God is the Word
God is the Holy Spirit.

For proper comprehension:

My Soul is NOT my Body
My Body is NOT my Spirit
My Spirit is NOT my Soul

However
I am my Body
I am my Soul
I am my Spirit

The same me but three identities

Shalom
Your spirit, body and soul analogy looks sweet on the surface until it is properly scrutinized.

Your body, your spirit and your soul are not independent of your person!

Imagine me raping you and then tell whoever cares to listen - I didn't rape his soul, I raped the body. The body isn't complaining, only the busybody soul. In fact, since the body didn't complain and reacted beautifully to my ministration, it was a consensual sex.

Now, you see how foolish the above is? That is exactly how foolish the trinity brouhaha is.

Trinitarians: The word became man
Me: Okay, I hear. Where is the word before it became man?
Trinitarians: In the father.
Me: Is the word a person (before it became flesh)?
Me: After the word became flesh, was there still any WORD in the father?

Me:
1. God is spirit.
2. The Holy spirit is the spirit of God
Q: Is the holy spirit then the Spirit or the Spirit's spirit

If you say the holy spirit is the spirit, then you have a Bi-nity. Just God and Jesus alone. Why? If that assertion were true, the term "holy Spirit" will just be another word for referring to The father.

If you say the holy spirit is the s
Spirit's spirit, that is another kasala. Just as your spirit is not an independent person of its own, the Spirit's spirit is also not an independent person of its own.
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by shadeyinka(m): 1:12am On Jan 03, 2021
Blabbermouth:

Your spirit, body and soul analogy looks sweet on the surface until it is properly scrutinized.

True

My Body is ME (Physical Realm)
My Soul is ME (Personal Realm)
My Spirit is ME(Spiritual Realm)

The Body, Soul and Spirit are of different personalities BUT the same person

Blabbermouth:

Imagine me raping you and then tell whoever cares to listen - I didn't rape his soul, I raped the body. The body isn't complaining, only the busybody soul. In fact, since the body didn't complain and reacted beautifully to my ministration, it was a consensual sex.

Now, you see how foolish the above is? That is exactly how foolish the trinity brouhaha is.
Completely wrong compression.

Your quote:

If they are not independent, how can the above set of supposed questions and answers be meaningful!?

Blabbermouth:

You couldn't have been more wrong!

.. the Word was God!

Blabbermouth:

Me:
1. God is spirit.
Your mixup is terrible!

God is the Father
God is the Word
God is the Holy Spirit

The Father is NOT the Word
The Word is NOT the Holy Spirit
The Holy Spirit is NOT the Father

Blabbermouth:

If you say the holy spirit is the spirit, then you have a Bi-nity. Just God and Jesus alone. Why? If that assertion were true, the term "holy Spirit" will just be another word for referring to The father.

Spirit's spirit, that is another kasala. Just as your spirit is not an independent person of its own, the Spirit's spirit is also not an independent person of its own.
Let me illustrate your error because it is exactly the same error made in the Qur'an.

The Qur'an says trinity is God, Jesus and Mary: is this true?

You are saying that Trinity is God, the Word and the Holy Spirit: is this trinity?

Trinity IS: The Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit!

Let me help you out with comprehension:
Jesus is the name given to God with US.

God (Jehovah/Yahweh) is the FATHER
God (Jehovah/Yahweh) is the WORD
God (Jehovah/Yahweh) is the (Holy) SPIRIT

On earth, the WORD is known in His physical capacity as the Son is known as Jesus!

The Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit are DESCRIPTORS of the dimensions of Yahweh
Just as
The Body, the Soul and Spirit of Man are DESCRIPTORS of the dimensions of shadeyinka.

You indeed have mixed up so many things!
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by johnw47: 4:00am On Jan 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Hen nah let them present a gathering where Mr Holy Spirit is at WORK! cheesy

false jw mad max

i can tell you of a gathering where the Holy Spirit is not at work
He is not at work in false jw's who kept makeing false prophecies after false prophecies
He is not at work in false jw's who for decades have been saying things and then
changing what they said later on, no the Holy Spirit is not at work in false jw's

and the Holy Spirit is not at work in people like you who brag things like: i can defeat any army combatant
and make him eat and drink from his anus

and the Holy Spirit is not at work in persons like you who share with social media how you shave your wife pussy
and how you can do anything at all to your wife, and how she loves to play with your private

you make her sound more like a wh-ore than a wife

and your wife herself also disclosed on social media how she loves to give you
hand and blow jobs.

no the Holy Spirit is definately not at work in you false jw braggarts, you do continually fool yourselves though

however, your active force (satan), is definately at work in you false jw's, and it shows:

Joh 8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by Greatomotoy: 4:28am On Jan 03, 2021
bingbagbo:

Good questions

Q1: Yes, the Holy Spirit is same as the Lord Jesus Christ

Q2: He is Spirit/God (John 4:24)

At the appointed time, He became man (1 Timothy 3:16)

Died, resurected on the third day and ascended into heaven. He poured Himself upon His children and Lives in the children of God.

Only He can do this.

With Him all things are possible

He loves you
If Jesus is the Holy Spirit, why did God Anoint Jesus with the Holy Ghost and power?� Acts 10:38
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:34am On Jan 03, 2021
Form of Godly devotion that's unproductive in fine works to the extent you can't present any group where Mr Holy Spirit is working out what is beneficial. James 2:18-26
You need to turn away from such concept. That's the PRACTICAL APPLICATION of what you just quoted my friend! smiley

shadeyinka:

LOL!
Decieved members of a lying antichrist cult.
2Ti 3:5:
"having a form of religion but denying the power of it. From such turn away;"
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:42am On Jan 03, 2021
OK back to the other topic they left inside the cooler, of course it's still as hot as yam porridge!

JWs told them "JEHOVAH the most high God sent archangel Michael to live as a man in our midst, after his earthly assignment he was murdered but JEHOVAH resurrected his spirit son and returned him back to his former life"

Churchgoers cried and cried all over Nairaland as if they knew better, saying Jesus resurrected as a man in the flesh and not a spirit. So it's time to see who is really deluded JWs or Churchgoers! smiley

Blabbermouth:

Q2: He is Spirit/God (John 4:24)
Q3: Did Jesus then ressurect as a spirit (the holy spirit), or as a man?

1 Like

Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by shadeyinka(m): 6:38am On Jan 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Form of Godly devotion that's unproductive in fine works to the extent you can't present any group where Mr Holy Spirit is working out what is beneficial. James 2:18-26
You need to turn away from such concept. That's the PRACTICAL APPLICATION of what you just quoted my friend! smiley

Thank God you aren't the judge or the measure of good works.
It isn't about meaningless activities it's about the quality of good deeds.

1Co 3:12-15:
"Now if upon this foundation any one buildeth gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; the work of every one will be made manifest; for the day will shew it: Because it is revealed with fire, therefore the fire will prove every one's work of what sort it is. If any one's work which he hath built upon it, shall stand the test, he will receive a reward.

Heb 6:1:
"Therefore dropping the discourse of the government of the Christ, let us, without laying again a foundation of reformation from dead works, and of faith in God,"

Don't worry!
The watchtower organisation shall reward you for your sweat as you try your best to impress them.
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by livingchrist: 6:50am On Jan 03, 2021
Blabbermouth:

Me:
1. God is spirit.

while body, soul and Spirit are good explanation of what trinity is, but they are not exactly the explanation of what trinity is.
The father, Son and Holy Ghost are not parts of God like body, soul and spirits.

The trinity are individual personhood of God, God exist in three persons but one essence of being.

Unlike humans who exist in just one personhood God exist in three.

Your personhood is your self awareness, the ability to differentiate yourself from others, God is in three personhood, meaning God self exist in three persons such that each person possesses self awareness and can differentiate himself from the other but yet are of one essence.

Your being or essence is what makes you who you are but your personhood is your awareness to what you are.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:11am On Jan 03, 2021
What is the correlation between your comments and the underlined for goodness sake?

My friend come and complete your study with God's people, they will teach you how to apply the word of God excellently. Just look at yourself you're trying to quote God's word but unfortunately what you quoted has no bearing on your comments! embarassed

Well the reward for God's work is in the hands of God himself, Jesus only structured the system in a way that if you're not connected to the right source your works will yield nothing positive! John 15:1-8
So each of us must be connected to the system organized by Jesus, but it's unfortunate that most of you have labelled Jesus' arrangement as "Cultism" {Matthew 10:25} therefore each one is struggling to pitch his own tent but the truth is it will never yield anything positive! Luke 11:23 embarassed

shadeyinka:

Thank God you aren't the judge or the measure of good works.
It isn't about meaningless activities it's about the quality of good deeds.

1Co 3:12-15:
"Now if upon this foundation any one buildeth gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; the work of every one will be made manifest; for the day will shew it: Because it is revealed with fire, therefore the fire will prove every one's work of what sort it is. If any one's work which he hath built upon it, shall stand the test, he will receive a reward.

Heb 6:1:
"Therefore dropping the discourse of the government of the Christ, let us, without laying again a foundation of reformation from dead works, and of faith in God,"

Don't worry!
The watchtower organisation shall reward you for your sweat as you try your best to impress them.

Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:19am On Jan 03, 2021
Gbam! smiley

Jesus said "i and the father are one" so churchgoers concluded that JEHOVAH and Jesus is the same person.

Bravo Blabbermouth! I'm waiting for Churchgoers to come and refute the concept that worshipers of God are ONE with God just as Jesus (also a worshiper of God) is one with God! wink

Blabbermouth:

Hope you know I and Yhwh are one? John 17:21.
From my perspective, it's like it's a quad-nity not a tri-nity any longer.

1 Like

Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by AntiChristian: 7:21am On Jan 03, 2021
And all this discussion is still about one God not three?

I don't think I've seen any religion whose core belief is debatable like this.

Subhana Rabbika Rabbil 'izzati 'amma yasifun, Wa salamun 'alal-Mursalin, Wal hamdu lillahi Rabbil 'alamin.

Glorified be your Lord, the Lord of Honour and Power! (He is free) from what they attribute unto Him! And peace be on the Messengers! And all the praise and thanks be to Allah, Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists).
(Qu'ran 37: 180-182)
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by shadeyinka(m): 7:22am On Jan 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
What is the correlation between your comments and the underlined for goodness sake?

My friend come and complete your study with God's people, they will teach you how to apply the word of God excellently. Just look at yourself you're trying to quote God's word but unfortunately what you quoted has no bearing on your comments! embarassed

Well the reward for God's work is in the hands of God himself, Jesus only structured the system in a way that if you're not connected to the right source your works will yield nothing positive! John 15:1-8
So each of us must be connected to the system organized by Jesus, but it's unfortunate that most of you have labelled Jesus' arrangement as "Cultism" {Matthew 10:25} therefore each one is struggling to pitch his own tent but the truth is it will never yield anything positive! Luke 11:23 embarassed

It's not about endless activities. Service to the watchtower organisation and serving Jesus cannot be the same.

I repeat:
Don't worry!
In due time, the watchtower organisation shall reward you for your sweat as you try your best to impress them.

1 Like

Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:38am On Jan 03, 2021
I love this!
Now try to humble yourself so that you can know how to apply the scriptures to what you're saying. It's not that hard, if you're connected to the right source God's holy spirit will direct you to the verse you need to quote. Luke 12:12
The first time you and i had a debate i said you're not working with the spirit of God as you said "i'm not with my Bible" do you still remember? smiley
Well it's not about searching for fitting scriptures to back what you're saying, it's about the spirit of God doing it's work with you, it's this spirit that will bring back to your memory what Jesus (the word) taught! {John 14:26} If what i'm saying is just the Watchtower's doing do you think i'll be this efficacious in directing people to heart touching texts in God's word? Hebrew 4:12

Please don't feel bad about this, i love you that's why i'm telling you all this secrets, i'm not going to gain anything in outwitting you. If you join the right channel today and forgo this arrogant egoistic spirit i'm 100 certain that you'll become better even far far better than Maximus in handling the sword of the spirit (Bible) 2Timothy 2:15 compared to Ephesians 6:17

May God bless you my friend! smiley

shadeyinka:

It's not about endless activities. Service to the watchtower organisation and serving Jesus cannot be the same.
I repeat:
Don't worry!
In due time, the watchtower organisation shall reward you for your sweat as you try your best to impress them.
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by Emusan(m): 7:43am On Jan 03, 2021
Janosky:

Mr LIENUS go give Satan tutorial in the art of LYING..

Strong's:
ἐκεῖνος
that one (or (neuter) thing); often intensified by the article prefixed
Derivation: from G1563;
G1565 derived from G1563..
Which sex is Greek neuter?
"That one " doesn't mean gender, WAYO man
grin cheesy.

Mr LIENUS SHAME ON YOU, LIAR !

Do you have shame?

I guess you don't.

Why can't you screenshot the Greek concordance as you did for the interliner?

because you know your lying mouth will be exposed more and more.

Here is the concordance again and everyone can see the Neuter in the bracket which means "That One" is for other gender.

◄ 1565. ekeinos ►
Strong's Concordance
ekeinos: that one [b](or neut. that thing),
often intensified by the art. preceding
Original Word: ἐκεῖνος, η, ο
Part of Speech: Demonstrative Pronoun
Transliteration: ekeinos
Phonetic Spelling: (ek-i'-nos)
Definition: that one (or neut. that thing), often intensified by the article preceding
Usage: that, that one there, yonder.

Which means the translators that used "He" and "That ONE" are all saying the same thing.

1 Like

Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by shadeyinka(m): 7:51am On Jan 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
I love this!
Now try to humble yourself so that you can know how to apply the scriptures to what you're saying. It's not that hard, if you're connected to the right source God's holy spirit will direct you to the verse you need to quote. Luke 12:12
The first time you and i had a debate i said you're not working with the spirit of God as you said "i'm not with my Bible" do you still remember? smiley
Well it's not about searching for fitting scriptures to back what you're saying, it's about the spirit of God doing it's work with you, it's this spirit that will bring back to your memory what Jesus (the word) taught! {John 14:26} If what i'm saying is just the Watchtower's doing do you think i'll be this efficacious in directing people to heart touching texts in God's word? Hebrew 4:12

Please don't feel bad about this, i love you that's why i'm telling you all this secrets, i'm not going to gain anything in outwitting you. If you join the right channel today and forgo this arrogant egoistic spirit i'm 100 certain that you'll become better even far far better than Maximus in handling the sword of the spirit (Bible) 2Timothy 2:15 compared to Ephesians 6:17

May God bless you my friend! smiley

Your service to the watchtower organisation is noted and
Your reward will be great with the organisation you know.

Faithful and obedient servant..LOL!

1 Like

Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by Emusan(m): 7:58am On Jan 03, 2021
DappaD:
Certainly, Jehovah can prove to be whatever he needs to be in order for his purposes to be accomplished. He has numerous titles e.g. Sovereign Lord, Judge, Grand Instructor, etc
2Samuel 7:22, Isaiah 30:20, James 4:12

The meaning is "I will become what I will become"

There must be a reason for that

@Exodus 3:7-10, Jehovah saw the burden and suffering the Israelites had to go through and he was moved to bring an end to all of it.
So he sent Moses and an angel and Jehovah himself PROVED to be the Deliverer of Israel.
Exodus 20:2

All of a sudden, the meaning of Jehovah has changed.

Double mouthed people.

But did he have to metamorphosize into Moses or the angel to rescue the Israelites?

The question is, has Jehovah ever proved His name (I will become what I will become) at any point in time?

What makes think he won't follow his own standards regarding the salvation of obedient humans? John 3:16
By sending his Son—like he did with Moses—Jehovah proved to be the only Saviour who has no equals. Isaiah 43:11

Regarding the Salvation of Human, God promised to be the solution By Himself.

That's why we have many prophesies from the old testament saying Yahweh will come.

All of these proves that absolutely nothing can hinder God from accomplishing his purposes. It doesn't mean he would act anyhow he likes since he himself is zealous for following his own righteous standards. Deuteronomy 32:4, 2Samuel 22:31, Psalm 103:8-10

What are the righteous standards of God that He will violate by becoming Human, when He can become whatever He chooses to become?

Besides, the point is still, the meaning of Jehovah is "I will become what I will become"

P.S.: I'm not giving this reply for your own sake but for those who are silent observers.

Does it matter?

Silent observers indeed, I guess they're the GB who will see how their follower is making them proud.
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:06am On Jan 03, 2021
Thanks for your time Sir! smiley

shadeyinka:

Your service to the watchtower organisation is noted and
Your reward will be great with the organisation you know.
Faithful and obedient servant..LOL!
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by Emusan(m): 8:28am On Jan 03, 2021
Blabbermouth:

One thing so obvious in this your post is that, you took human analogy to be exactly as that of God without considering the fact that God is UNLIMITED.

The Body, soul and spirit analogy acknowledges human limitation but shows unlimited God.

As human whenever our beloved ones are traveling we do tell them "I will be with you in spirit" literally

When we say this, we really mean it but since we are limited by our nature then we just take it as literal word.

If Trinity is three persons in One God (body) in this case and God is unlimited, do you think The SPIRIT can't be sent out and God still remains God?

Do you think God's Word is exactly like human word, even thou He can make His word audible for us to hear?

Despite the few descriptions and revelations we have in the scripture about God and Jesus Christ, Jesus Christ still makes a statement that shows God can't be FULLY PHANTOM by ordinary human understanding.

NLT: “My Father has entrusted everything to me. No one truly knows the Son except the Father, and no one truly knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.” Matt 11:27

Luke captured this also in Luke 10:22

Many people don't pay attention to this statement of our Lord and Savior but it's worthy to consider because God doesn't function like human even though many human analogies were used to describe Him.

If you're ever have a glance of divine revelation of heaven, you will understand better.
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by sonmvayina(m): 9:01am On Jan 03, 2021
Janosky:

Therefore, somvayina doesn't exist, grin cheesy grin

I am Gods spirit having a human experience....walking a human path..

When this experence is over, i go back being the holy spirit...
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by orunto27: 9:31am On Jan 03, 2021
IT'S RIGHTEOUSNESS.
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by shadeyinka(m): 9:54am On Jan 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Thanks for your time Sir! smiley

Remember me when your organisation is sharing dividends of service to you!

LOL!
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by Barristter07: 12:09pm On Jan 03, 2021
MrPRevailer:
MuttleyLaff

The HolySpirit is a person. "He" not "It"

John 15:26
But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, HE shall testify of me

KJV calls holy spirit " It " . Are u contradicting yourselves?

2 Likes

Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by Barristter07: 12:10pm On Jan 03, 2021
Janosky:

Very DUBIOUS claim to support a man made scam.
The English language Bible Translators DUBIOUSLY fixed "He" in that verse.
Romans 8:16,26, John 1:32, Romans 8:16, Romans 8:26, and I Peter 1:11KJV accurately reads " holy spirit ITSELF" as it is in the Greek manuscript , because the Translators knew that's the proper and accurate rendition every time.
grin cheesy.

If you DUBIOUSLY claim that the finger of God is a person, you are also LYING that the eyes and ears of God are persons.
Good.
Was recently making reference to that.

2 Likes

Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by Barristter07: 12:12pm On Jan 03, 2021
shadeyinka:

You are ONE even though you have three different identities. Only at death could your identities be separated. God cannot die: His identities cannot be separated.

God is One and indivisible.

Mat 12:31-32:
"Why I say to you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven to men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven to men. And whoever speaks a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whoever speaks against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come."

John 5:30:
"I can of my own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not my own will, but the will of the Father which has sent me."

Luk 3:22:
"And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove on him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, You are my beloved Son; in you I am well pleased."

Again

If Holy spirit is a person, then going by the highlighted , Holy spirit is GREATER than Jesus.

3 Likes

Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by Barristter07: 12:16pm On Jan 03, 2021
shadeyinka:

I think you went tangent to my position o!
Yes: means I agree that God can send Himself on errand (with illustration as the soul of man can send the body on errands)
Yes: means God can be everywhere at the same time as the Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit can be everywhere at the same time.

Where you see a single personality manifesting in three forms, I see a perfect union of three distinct personalities (just as the Body, Soul and Spirit of a man are distinct yet the same person)

The illustration is so deluded, unless you mean Father ,Son , holy spirit is a reference to the SAme person.

2 Likes

Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by Barristter07: 12:18pm On Jan 03, 2021
DappaD:

Certainly, Jehovah can prove to be whatever he needs to be in order for his purposes to be accomplished. He has numerous titles e.g. Sovereign Lord, Judge, Grand Instructor, etc
2Samuel 7:22, Isaiah 30:20, James 4:12

@Exodus 3:7-10, Jehovah saw the burden and suffering the Israelites had to go through and he was moved to bring an end to all of it.
So he sent Moses and an angel and Jehovah himself PROVED to be the Deliverer of Israel.
Exodus 20:2

But did he have to metamorphosize into Moses or the angel to rescue the Israelites?
What makes think he won't follow his own standards regarding the salvation of obedient humans? John 3:16
By sending his Son—like he did with Moses—Jehovah proved to be the only Saviour who has no equals. Isaiah 43:11

All of these proves that absolutely nothing can hinder God from accomplishing his purposes. It doesn't mean he would act anyhow he likes since he himself is zealous for following his own righteous standards. Deuteronomy 32:4, 2Samuel 22:31, Psalm 103:8-10

P.S.: I'm not giving this reply for your own sake but for those who are silent observers.

Good point

3 Likes

Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by shadeyinka(m): 12:18pm On Jan 03, 2021
Barristter07:

The illustration is so deluded, unless you mean Father ,Son , holy spirit is a reference to the SAme person.
Don't your Soul send your Body on errands?

Is your soul the same as your body?
Are you not fully your soul and fully your body in different dimensions?
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by shadeyinka(m): 12:20pm On Jan 03, 2021
Barristter07:

If Holy spirit is a person, then going by the highlighted , Holy spirit is GREATER than Jesus.
No Sir!
It means the Holy Spirit is not as tolerating of violation against His identity compared with the Father of the Son!
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by Barristter07: 12:22pm On Jan 03, 2021
livingchrist:
while body, soul and Spirit are good explanation of what trinity is, but they are not exactly the explanation of what trinity is.
The father, Son and Holy Ghost are not parts of God like body, soul and spirits.

The trinity are individual personhood of God, God exist in three persons but one essence of being.

Unlike humans who exist in just one personhood God exist in three.

Your personhood is your self awareness, the ability to differentiate yourself from others, God is in three personhood, meaning God self exist in three persons such that each person possesses self awareness and can differentiate himself from the other but yet are of one essence.

Your being or essence is what makes you who you are but your personhood is your awareness to what you are.

See as he disagree with shadeyinkas Rants grin

Mind you, Holy spirit is not a person. ( Matt 24:36) .

Trinity doctrine is just another lie.
Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by Barristter07: 12:24pm On Jan 03, 2021
shadeyinka:

No Sir!
It means the Holy Spirit is not as tolerating of violation against His identity compared with the Father of the Son!

That means Greater authority.

The higher your authority, the higher you won't tolerate violation of identity.

The way Army will deal with who spoke against Sanwo Olu, is not the same as speaking against Gen. Buhari

2 Likes

Re: Does The Holy Spirit Have A Name? by livingchrist: 2:07pm On Jan 03, 2021
Barristter07:

See as he disagree with shadeyinkas Rants grin

Mind you, Holy spirit is not a person. ( Matt 24:36) .

Trinity doctrine is just another lie.
Shedeyinka illustration is only an analogy.

Matt 24:36 Refers only to persons the disciples were familiar with.

The holy spirit is a person, John 14:16

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Amen - What About Ase Instead Of Amin / If you thinK Jesus Is Not God? Say This Words and See what will happen to you / Inspiring Women Of Faith Ebooks Collection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.