Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

Laptop, Desktop PC Or Console Gaming For Commercial Purpose - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Laptop, Desktop PC Or Console Gaming For Commercial Purpose (594 Views)

Console Gaming Gadgets & Accessories / Gaming PC Or Gaming Laptop Or Console / If You're A PC Or PS4 Gamer I Recommend You To Play Brawlhalla (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Laptop, Desktop PC Or Console Gaming For Commercial Purpose by Chevrolet076(m): 11:24am On Dec 31, 2020
good day esteemed members, i want to setup a gaming center and I'm at a crossroad here.
based on cost effectiveness, I want to get some laptop or probably desktop PC for gaming and rent a shop so that I don't have to buy extra TVs for the setup, and also to avoid those issues with game consoles. but I don't know the pros and cons of it. also, I want to know the type of games that can be played on laptop with game pad(controller).
Your response is highly appreciated
Re: Laptop, Desktop PC Or Console Gaming For Commercial Purpose by majesticguy: 2:38pm On Jan 01, 2021
Chevrolet076:
good day esteemed members, i want to setup a gaming center and I'm at a crossroad here.
based on cost effectiveness, I want to get some laptop or probably desktop PC for gaming and rent a shop so that I don't have to buy extra TVs for the setup, and also to avoid those issues with game consoles. but I don't know the pros and cons of it. also, I want to know the type of games that can be played on laptop with game pad(controller).
Your response is highly appreciated

I'd advise you to go for game console, since it's a gaming shop.

First, it's cost effective. Trust me, PC gaming is very expensive (the PC itself). For you to play good games, games with decent graphics you'd need a system with at least 1gb dedicated graphics, preferably the GTX series. & their prices ranges from 80k upwards with plenty abeg most times. Even if you decide not to get a system with dedicated graphics, then you need a core i3 or i5 with at least Intel hd 4000 graphics ( you can inquire how much they cost)

So, with that price tag, how many PC's do you hope to get? Anything asides a dedicated graphics system for gaming, forget it my brother.

Second is high cost of maintenance. Low end PC's ( unless you hope to get a high end PC) tends to get extremely hot if used for extended period of time, for a complex task as gaming. And in gaming shops, you might find it difficult to regulate the temperature ( switching off & allowing it to cool off) because a customer might be making use of it. And once a sensitive & irreparable part of the system gets destroyed, just kiss it good bye.

Consoles has always been the corner Stone of gaming shops from time immemorial. If gaming on laptops in game shops were that feasible, many a folk would have been opting for it.

2 Likes

Re: Laptop, Desktop PC Or Console Gaming For Commercial Purpose by Vock(m): 10:13pm On Jan 01, 2021
Advising you as a brother. Don't even think of buying PCs, the cons are limitless. Pricing, maintenance, pc screen size, damages and a lot more would kill the business.

Consoles are your only options.
Re: Laptop, Desktop PC Or Console Gaming For Commercial Purpose by Chevrolet076(m): 12:41pm On Jan 02, 2021
Vock:
Advising you as a brother. Don't even think of buying PCs, the cons are limitless. Pricing, maintenance, pc screen size, damages and a lot more would kill the business.

Consoles are your only options.
I really appreciate your input Sir....
majesticguy:

I'd advise you to go for game console, since it's a gaming shop.

First, it's cost effective. Trust me, PC gaming is very expensive (the PC itself). For you to play good games, games with decent graphics you'd need a system with at least 1gb dedicated graphics, preferably the GTX series. & their prices ranges from 80k upwards with plenty abeg most times. Even if you decide not to get a system with dedicated graphics, then you need a core i3 or i5 with at least Intel hd 4000 graphics ( you can inquire how much they cost)

So, with that price tag, how many PC's do you hope to get? Anything asides a dedicated graphics system for gaming, forget it my brother.

Second is high cost of maintenance. Low end PC's ( unless you hope to get a high end PC) tends to get extremely hot if used for extended period of time, for a complex task as gaming. And in gaming shops, you might find it difficult to regulate the temperature ( switching off & allowing it to cool off) because a customer might be making use of it. And once a sensitive & irreparable part of the system gets destroyed, just kiss it good bye.

Consoles has always been the corner Stone of gaming shops from time immemorial. If gaming on laptops in game shops were that feasible, many a folk would have been opting for it.
thanks so much for taking out time to type this...
if I get like PS4 console, can I be able to play other games like COD, racing games, etc that requires controller. I don't want to be limited to only soccer games
Re: Laptop, Desktop PC Or Console Gaming For Commercial Purpose by majesticguy: 5:30pm On Jan 02, 2021
Chevrolet076:

I really appreciate your input Sir....

thanks so much for taking out time to type this...
if I get like PS4 console, can I be able to play other games like COD, racing games, etc that requires controller. I don't want to be limited to only soccer games

Though PS4 isn't my forte, but i am very positive that you would be able to play other games on the console. PS4 has an array of games asides soccer, you can choose from. You can peruse through the gaming section to see the list of interesting titles available for the PS4 console.
Re: Laptop, Desktop PC Or Console Gaming For Commercial Purpose by Chevrolet076(m): 6:39pm On Jan 05, 2021
majesticguy:

Though PS4 isn't my forte, but i am very positive that you would be able to play other games on the console. PS4 has an array of games asides soccer, you can choose from. You can peruse through the gaming section to see the list of interesting titles available for the PS4 console.
Thank you sir, I'll let you know how it goes as I move ahead

(1) (Reply)

Fifa 22 Ps4 And Red Dead Redemption 2 For Sale / Ps4 Slim For Sale / Sell, Buy And Repair Your Game Consoles And Accessories, Pc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.