Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:07 AM

"Vilifying Kumuyi Over #JusticeForDonDavis Is Uncalled For" - Reno Omokri - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Vilifying Kumuyi Over #JusticeForDonDavis Is Uncalled For" - Reno Omokri (23008 Views)

Opinion: Stop Vilifying The Pastor And The Church Over Osinachi's Demise / Daddy Freeze Criticises Kumuyi Over Statement / 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Vilifying Kumuyi Over #JusticeForDonDavis Is Uncalled For" - Reno Omokri by hotseat: 2:30pm On Dec 31, 2020
Dear Pastor Reno,

Ever heard of the saying; " uneasy lies the head that wears the crown"?

If what emanated from the said school was a piece of positive news, it would have been attributed to Pastor Kumuyi. I'm I correct?

As soon as the shameful news broke, at least, he should have condemned it openly. It would have assuaged the bruised feelings of the parents and that of the general public. His apparent silence gave room to the said vilifications.

For every action there's a reaction. Simple!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Vilifying Kumuyi Over #JusticeForDonDavis Is Uncalled For" - Reno Omokri by lexy2014: 2:31pm On Dec 31, 2020
tunjijones:

Shatap.

But u wld hail him when he criticizes Buhari for bad things happening in Nigeria.

As a leader you have to take responsibility. Weather u know about it or not. As far as the evil act is done under ur watch, u shd take responsibility.

Na so we am my brother. D standard changes depending on d person involved
Re: "Vilifying Kumuyi Over #JusticeForDonDavis Is Uncalled For" - Reno Omokri by Clementoons: 2:33pm On Dec 31, 2020
Nice one from reno, judge no man, the fact that you have a phone does not mean you can go online to comment an unusual statement.
for you seeking justice for the boy do not protest or attack anybody ,the truth will reveal itself. Let me notify these are one of the reasons why the country is not moving forward, it only starts from people action on the SM when they would arrive critizing anyhow without investigating on the truth, you are here online to attack the man of GOD, let me tell you the truth every individual are going to give account of what they did in their mortal bodies whether good or bad , for you judging or attacking the man of GOD or the people online, it is either you pray not to stand before the GREAT WHITE THRONE JUDGEMENT OF GOD.
TO BEFORE WARN IS TO BEFORE HARM. REASON WISELY FOR THE END IS NEAR.
Re: "Vilifying Kumuyi Over #JusticeForDonDavis Is Uncalled For" - Reno Omokri by lebete3000: 2:38pm On Dec 31, 2020
benjackugo:
"Vilifying Pastor Kumuyi Over The #JusticeForDonDavis Incident Is Uncalled For" - Reno Omokri

Reno Omokri has spoken against Nigerians vilifying the General Overseer of Deeper Life Ministry, Pastor William Kumuyi, over the alleged sexual abuse of Don Davis, a JS1 student of the Deeper Life High School, which is owned by Kumuyi's Ministry, IgbereTV reports.

Since Don Davis's mother came out to cry out for justice, Nigerians have attacked the clergyman for not openly speaking about the incident. They believe that his comment would show that he is committed to getting justice for the child.

Reno however shares a different opinion. He believes that the attack on the clergyman is uncalled for.

On his Instagram page, he wrote;

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJdFxgZBIkG/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

There is something called the Law of Agency...go figure...
Re: "Vilifying Kumuyi Over #JusticeForDonDavis Is Uncalled For" - Reno Omokri by thinkmoney(m): 2:47pm On Dec 31, 2020
atiku4President:
The reason why Nigeria is in real deep trouble. People think it's is a taboo to take responsibility. You can't call out President Buhari for the ills going on in the North East and won't call out Pastor Kumuyi for the ills going on in Deeper Life High School. That's not correct.
Though the comparison with Buhari sounds credible, but when considered properly there are difference.
We have not seen this abuse case to be a recurring pattern. As at now it seems an isolated case. There is no human institution that is human to things like this once in a while.
The most important thing is what Reno as noted; and it's that the school is responding in the proper and commendable way that they should.
Re: "Vilifying Kumuyi Over #JusticeForDonDavis Is Uncalled For" - Reno Omokri by Akaujaa(m): 3:13pm On Dec 31, 2020
For those who know and have been following pastor Kumuiyi, he's not the kind of pastor that talks carelessly like most Nigerian pastors do. If you expect him to make a public statement on the issue, sorry, you will be disappointed but one sure thing he must have done is address the issue by penalizing the culprits to forestall a repetition of the ugly incident. The pastor is a man who guards his reputation jealously and over the years, people have tried to find a way to rubbish his character and that's why he barely engages in matters of public discourse, be it politics, economy or religion. What happened in the Deeper life school is unfortunate but attacking the person of Kumuiyi like he did it himself or instructed the management to do it, is rather unfortunate. We know that even in the church of God, there are bad people but that's not a reason to call the pastor bad names for the evil perpetrated by members of the church or staff of his school.

2 Likes

Re: "Vilifying Kumuyi Over #JusticeForDonDavis Is Uncalled For" - Reno Omokri by Tochj(m): 3:14pm On Dec 31, 2020
Kumuyi has personnels taking care of the school who should take direct responsibility of the matter.
People suddenly wake up when the church have issues.

1 Like

Re: "Vilifying Kumuyi Over #JusticeForDonDavis Is Uncalled For" - Reno Omokri by Kingrefreshed: 3:21pm On Dec 31, 2020
tunjijones:

But its safe to blame Buhari for every bad thing happening in Nigeria.
Yes he is a Terrorist! That one is different!!!!
Re: "Vilifying Kumuyi Over #JusticeForDonDavis Is Uncalled For" - Reno Omokri by Deefirm: 3:21pm On Dec 31, 2020
You're wrong my friend, he hasn't spoken but has taken immediate action by suspending the principal, Buhari has spoken about North East crises but hasn't taken any action against the Service Chiefs despite the public outcry by all. I hope you see the difference now.

atiku4President:
The reason why Nigeria is in real deep trouble. People think it's is a taboo to take responsibility. You can't call out President Buhari for the ills going on in the North East and won't call out Pastor Kumuyi for the ills going on in Deeper Life High School. That's not correct.
Re: "Vilifying Kumuyi Over #JusticeForDonDavis Is Uncalled For" - Reno Omokri by wingmanIII: 3:27pm On Dec 31, 2020
Useless2020:
you're a fool.
na Kumuyi be the principal?
always learn to shut up on a public forum especially when your knowledge is limited

But Kumuyi is the proprietor?
Re: "Vilifying Kumuyi Over #JusticeForDonDavis Is Uncalled For" - Reno Omokri by bakol: 3:37pm On Dec 31, 2020
Could Mr. Reno Omokri have exonorated PMB if any wrong doing was attributed to any of his appointees?

Unfortunately, he is entitled to his own opinion while those who think otherwise are also entitled to their opinions.
Re: "Vilifying Kumuyi Over #JusticeForDonDavis Is Uncalled For" - Reno Omokri by mobo76503: 3:46pm On Dec 31, 2020
Even if pastor Kumuyi speaks on the issue, many we still not be satisfied. Let the government conduct investigation and justice served the culprits.

1 Like

Re: "Vilifying Kumuyi Over #JusticeForDonDavis Is Uncalled For" - Reno Omokri by ibuildstuff(m): 4:27pm On Dec 31, 2020
Authority1o1:
Okay...

What seems hard for people to understand is that you can't get people to approve of everything you do. If pastor Kumuyi finally speaks up concerning the issue, know that it is likely because of the overwhelming pressure than of free will.

Kumuyi is a man of wisdom.He has influence, his words are not mere and I don't mean bearing spiritual potency now. If he condemns the act publicly, it will be marked on the sands of time. This is a young boy, who is likely to be haunted by the shame and depression arising from that molestation in future, not to mention the boy that pastor Kumuyi talked about.

Social media never forgets. But some things make it more reminding— speeches from influential people for a start.

And anyone who thinks his silence means that he is proud and happy of the act is simply not being truthful.
Rubbish
Re: "Vilifying Kumuyi Over #JusticeForDonDavis Is Uncalled For" - Reno Omokri by ibuildstuff(m): 4:28pm On Dec 31, 2020
mobo76503:
Even if pastor Kumuyi speaks on the issue, many we still not be satisfied. Let the government conduct investigation and justice served the culprits.
Which investigation again
Re: "Vilifying Kumuyi Over #JusticeForDonDavis Is Uncalled For" - Reno Omokri by ibuildstuff(m): 4:30pm On Dec 31, 2020
Tochj:
Kumuyi has personnels taking care of the school who should take direct responsibility of the matter.
People suddenly wake up when the church have issues.
Because the church is always quick to judge other people, they put themselves in this situation by their actions.
Re: "Vilifying Kumuyi Over #JusticeForDonDavis Is Uncalled For" - Reno Omokri by ibuildstuff(m): 4:31pm On Dec 31, 2020
Clementoons:
Nice one from reno, judge no man, the fact that you have a phone does not mean you can go online to comment an unusual statement.
for you seeking justice for the boy do not protest or attack anybody ,the truth will reveal itself. Let me notify these are one of the reasons why the country is not moving forward, it only starts from people action on the SM when they would arrive critizing anyhow without investigating on the truth, you are here online to attack the man of GOD, let me tell you the truth every individual are going to give account of what they did in their mortal bodies whether good or bad , for you judging or attacking the man of GOD or the people online, it is either you pray not to stand before the GREAT WHITE THRONE JUDGEMENT OF GOD.
TO BEFORE WARN IS TO BEFORE HARM. REASON WISELY FOR THE END IS NEAR.
But una dey judge n insult cossy everyday, when it comes to a pastor now, una remember the quote "judge no one"
Re: "Vilifying Kumuyi Over #JusticeForDonDavis Is Uncalled For" - Reno Omokri by JerryLekki: 5:14pm On Dec 31, 2020
It's okay to blame Jonathan or Buhari for the actions of a rogue DPO or Police Commissioner he's probably never seen or met with #ENDSars (Which I supported)

But it's not okay to blame Kumuyi for his silence at the actions of his workers.

This hypocrisy shaa.
Re: "Vilifying Kumuyi Over #JusticeForDonDavis Is Uncalled For" - Reno Omokri by dononogate: 5:16pm On Dec 31, 2020
atiku4President:
The issue of Buhari and pastor Kumuyi are two different issues.
Re: "Vilifying Kumuyi Over #JusticeForDonDavis Is Uncalled For" - Reno Omokri by femixville(m): 5:33pm On Dec 31, 2020
One of the thing the church "Deeper Life Bible church" hates most is, dragging the name to the mud, not just the name, also the body of Christ..
Let's understand, those calling for the clergy to speak up, I don't understand the main reason for that call but, I think its for you to set yourself on a track to nail him no matter what he said..
The clergy has a duty, the church, the school is a section under the church, with the sole aim to bring in young children and raise them for a Godly future in every sphere
Also, let's understand that the church is having Secretary, public relation officer that speaks on behalf of the church
Common sense has taken effect by the church in sacking the Principal And those related with such terrible crime nd investigation is going on.. The clergy coming out to talk now, is like creating another problem even before the final investigation..
The clergy based on the times I know him, if he discovered that such evil has gone deep in all the campuses all around the nation, which I don't think so, cos the Abuja campus in Kado, is one of the best.. He doesn't care, but to shut the whole school down, that the length the clergy can go, cos, he'll never allow the church and the body of christ to be tarnished in the hand of common people
The recruitment of teachers and non academics are scrutinised, they must be born again and even sanctified, that is the parameters for employment into the school.. But, let's remember, even christ, despite he's a divine being that can see almost all things, Judas still survived in His camp
Lets be careful in the way we talk to people, this generation lacks respect due to right to freedom of speech yeah, but ethics should help us learn to control our mind especially when it comes to the household of God.. Let's wait for the conclusion of the investigation, then any can erupt from any hole you resides. Thanks! [b]One of the thing the church "Deeper Life Bible church" hates most is, dragging the name to the mud, not just the name, also the body of Christ..
Let's understand, those calling for the clergy to speak up, I don't understand the main reason for that call but, I think its for you to set yourself on a track to nail him no matter what he said..
The clergy has a duty, the church, the school is a section under the church, with the sole aim to bring in young children and raise them for a Godly future in every sphere
Also, let's understand that the church is having Secretary, public relation officer that speaks on behalf of the church
Common sense has taken effect by the church in sacking the Principal And those related with such terrible crime nd investigation is going on.. The clergy coming out to talk now, is like creating another problem even before the final investigation..
The clergy based on the times I know him, if he discovered that such evil has gone deep in all the campuses all around the nation, which I don't think so, cos the Abuja campus in Kado, is one of the best.. He doesn't care, but to shut the whole school down, that the length the clergy can go, cos, he'll never allow the church and the body of christ to be tarnished in the hand of common people
The recruitment of teachers and non academics are scrutinised, they must be born again and even sanctified, that is the parameters for employment into the school.. But, let's remember, even christ, despite he's a divine being that can see almost all things, Judas still survived in His camp
Lets be careful in the way we talk to people, this generation lacks respect due to right to freedom of speech yeah, but ethics should help us learn to control our mind especially when it comes to the household of God.. Let's wait for the conclusion of the investigation, then any can erupt from any hole you resides. Thanks! [/b]One of the thing the church "Deeper Life Bible church" hates most is, dragging the name to the mud, not just the name, also the body of Christ..
Lets be careful in the way we talk to people, this generation lacks respect due to right to freedom of speech yeah, but ethics should help us learn to control our mind especially when it comes to the household of God.. Let's wait for the conclusion of the investigation, then any can erupt from any hole you resides. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: "Vilifying Kumuyi Over #JusticeForDonDavis Is Uncalled For" - Reno Omokri by Ochyes: 5:38pm On Dec 31, 2020
Claudiusdeux:

Word.

But the Nigerian church is an image worshiping church...they worship Good image more than the Lord.
Jesus said that every idle words shall speak, they shall give account thereof on the day of judgment. Think before speaking or writing.
Re: "Vilifying Kumuyi Over #JusticeForDonDavis Is Uncalled For" - Reno Omokri by obstead200(m): 5:42pm On Dec 31, 2020
dawnomike:
I agree with oga Reno on this one...
first time Reno is making sense
Re: "Vilifying Kumuyi Over #JusticeForDonDavis Is Uncalled For" - Reno Omokri by Ochyes: 5:42pm On Dec 31, 2020
Patriarchy001:

..and of course, you are his PA to know whether he called the parents and met with them personally undecided
And how do you know if he hasn't met the boy's family? I think its not good to assume when one does not have the fact.
Re: "Vilifying Kumuyi Over #JusticeForDonDavis Is Uncalled For" - Reno Omokri by obstead200(m): 5:44pm On Dec 31, 2020
Dpharisee:
Reno is correct on this one. He handed over to a management with PTA and even Prefects among the kids but they failed him. He can't be everywhere. All that Kumuyi needs to do is reappraisal of their performances and apply appropriate punishment for dereliction of duties
gbamsolutely!!! Dazall!!!

And he is already doing it. So why the mudslinging on one of the few remaining true servant of God??
Re: "Vilifying Kumuyi Over #JusticeForDonDavis Is Uncalled For" - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 31, 2020
post=97583564:
Baba Kumuyi,

Respect to him anyday, anywhere, anytime.

One of the genuine, peaceful and great men of God we have in our darling nation.

A man after God's heart.

You are a wise man.
Thumbs up!

We read some comments on this forum sometimes and can only marvel! shocked

We don't know if youths of nowadays ever sit down and plan to make their life meaningful. 
All they are looking for is to say trash against men of God.
What many of you don't know is that you keep shutting doors against your self and your future when you say bs against God's servants.

Just because you have a phone do not give you the right to come online to comment on things you don't understand and say different kinda trash.

Well, we will continue to remember you in our prayers. 
We just pray God have mercy on this generation.

Why not ask God to appear to me so that I will find out why there are so many religions?
If you are rich or/and happy,it doesn't mean things such as religious matters are meant to be the way they are.
Re: "Vilifying Kumuyi Over #JusticeForDonDavis Is Uncalled For" - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 5:57pm On Dec 31, 2020
benjackugo:
"Vilifying Pastor Kumuyi Over The #JusticeForDonDavis Incident Is Uncalled For" - Reno Omokri

Reno Omokri has spoken against Nigerians vilifying the General Overseer of Deeper Life Ministry, Pastor William Kumuyi, over the alleged sexual abuse of Don Davis, a JS1 student of the Deeper Life High School, which is owned by Kumuyi's Ministry, IgbereTV reports.

Since Don Davis's mother came out to cry out for justice, Nigerians have attacked the clergyman for not openly speaking about the incident. They believe that his comment would show that he is committed to getting justice for the child.

Reno however shares a different opinion. He believes that the attack on the clergyman is uncalled for.

m

For simpletons that give Reno face. See your man. This one just makes noise on behalf of who is paying him. A little boy was raped and sexually molested his face is all over. What will the people responsible face?
Re: "Vilifying Kumuyi Over #JusticeForDonDavis Is Uncalled For" - Reno Omokri by naijapage(f): 6:03pm On Dec 31, 2020
benjackugo:

Reno Omokri has spoken against Nigerians vilifying the General Overseer of Deeper Life Ministry, Pastor William Kumuyi, over the alleged sexual abuse of Don Davis, a JS1 student of the Deeper Life Sermon Notes High School, which is owned by Kumuyi's Ministry, IgbereTV reports.

Re: "Vilifying Kumuyi Over #JusticeForDonDavis Is Uncalled For" - Reno Omokri by mechanics(m): 6:05pm On Dec 31, 2020
He will make sure justice is done, those who don't know will tend to talk anyhow.
Re: "Vilifying Kumuyi Over #JusticeForDonDavis Is Uncalled For" - Reno Omokri by just4fun(m): 6:07pm On Dec 31, 2020
atiku4President:

At least d school Principal has been sacked while investigation is still on. Who has ur Buhari sacked despite d failures of his service chiefs?
Re: "Vilifying Kumuyi Over #JusticeForDonDavis Is Uncalled For" - Reno Omokri by atiku4President(m): 6:08pm On Dec 31, 2020
dononogate:
The issue of Buhari and pastor Kumuyi are two different issues.
No sir. They are the same. Each is in charge and each faces peculiar challenge.
Re: "Vilifying Kumuyi Over #JusticeForDonDavis Is Uncalled For" - Reno Omokri by delishpot: 6:13pm On Dec 31, 2020
Nigerians... Always making excuses for evil. This same man will blame Bubu for not addressing the nation when Bubus wild boys murder and plunder. I hate when people speak from both sides of tbeir mouths.

If I hear him say PIM about Bubu again I will give him Eslap

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Creation- How Compelling Is The Christian Narative? / We Will Christianize Nigeria If Muslims Islamise the Country- Cardinal Onaiyekan / What Is Your Favourite Hymn?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.