Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,449 members, 7,808,602 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:08 PM

10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train (43242 Views)

I Travel On The Lagos Ibadan Train For Free. Nairalander Share Travel Experience / A Tour In The New Lagos To Ibadan Train, So Beautiful / Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by JADEK01(m): 5:29pm On Dec 31, 2020
If government can be genuinely use the entire country to borrow money,and give us a good nation,I don’t mind ooooo
We need this kind rail line throughout the nation and stop this trailer
Good road network throughout the nation with street lights,cctv and security patrol van
They can introduce toll gate to generate their money back...
Then they should add up more to our electricity
I think Nigeria problem will be solved by 80%
I wish I can meet presidency’s

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by Valur20: 5:30pm On Dec 31, 2020
The Ibadan station is in my local govt (Akinyele). But Moniya is on the outskirts of Ibadan. For those that reside around Mokola, bodija, iwo road, challenge, dugbe, oluyole egbeda side it is not advisable to board the train. But the train fine sha
Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by emerged01(m): 5:31pm On Dec 31, 2020
chatinent:
If the train is so good, why is the man on the fourth seat holding his head in regret?
U hold head sometimes when u Dey enjoy something no be every time be regret.
Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by Ugandatales: 5:31pm On Dec 31, 2020
gateleo:

Dugbe station can not be activated because the station track are not standard guage. The route for the new Standard guage pass through Moniya which will link the track down to Kano.

So the best place to construct the new station is Moniya...Do not worry, Moniya will soon turn to Dugbe. I was told Dugbe in the late 60s is just like Moniya...

I'm telling you. I went to the Moniya station this morning. The road leading to the train station was recently constructed... it's super solid. Development in that area will be on the rise in the next couple of years. Plus, the train station at Moniya is just 10-15 minutes from Ojoo (where I live), so this is great for me �

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by ghettochild(m): 5:36pm On Dec 31, 2020
ALARAPE22:
Good for the trainer...... Oga Micra carry me to where I can see 500 motor to Lagos.
Lol
Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by Reference(m): 5:38pm On Dec 31, 2020
Looks alright. With time it will become an industry and all the quirks tooled out of operations. Still have my doubts about government running commercial enterprises so I expect that to change for long term success when they have proven to the business world that the future of long distance land transport in Nigeria is rail.
Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by adenike21273: 5:41pm On Dec 31, 2020
:If the train is so good, why is the man on the fourth seat holding his head in regret?Bad mouth...
Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by Testy17: 5:43pm On Dec 31, 2020
I don't know the reason our governors cannot think of this within the states. I believed this will solve alot of problems. With all the money they put in their pockets and the ones for fictitious projects.
Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by AprokoGirl: 5:46pm On Dec 31, 2020
BigSarah:
Driving takes 1hr 30mins at least the last time I was in Ibadan 2017..local transport cost 1100 or 900 naira....Most train riders would be those interested in photoshoot, since the train Sermon Notes doesn't even guarantee early arrival ...
In most countries government trains and buses are meant to aid commute for low earners. Please dont quote me arguing about how comfortable the trains are or how the AC is as cold as Siberia temperature.
Oh well
Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by smartest2020(m): 5:57pm On Dec 31, 2020
chatinent:
If the train is so good, why is the man on the fourth seat holding his head in regret?
may be he is sick!
Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by Ugandatales: 6:02pm On Dec 31, 2020
georgeakins:

You're lying. A car from Ojota park to Ibadan cost N3,000. Go and find out.

Don't mind her. Camry is 3k standard.
Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by easzypeaszy(m): 6:04pm On Dec 31, 2020
If he no dey stop for Oshodi na nonsense..
Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by Ugandatales: 6:06pm On Dec 31, 2020
DisGuy:

From where to where?

From Lekki to Berger alone is 2hrs. Lagos traffic

Don't mind her.
Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by gideonvalor98(m): 6:11pm On Dec 31, 2020
We should commend the government for this and encourage them to do the rest across the nation.
Anyways, I sell quality and affordable complete grinding mill and its accessories. Also available are generating sets(gasoline and diesel) and their parts/accessories
Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 31, 2020
Ugandatales:

First of all, let me say I pass through this route 3 times a month. I just got in from Ibadan now. I am in Lagos, and would be leaving for Ibadan next week Monday.

Advantages of Train over bus.

1. Sure time of arrival.
Normally, Lagos to Ibadan by road is not meant to be more than 1hr30 minutes, but because of traffic, you spend like 3-5 hours. I pass this place regularly, so this is not he say she say, this is what I experience.

For the train ride, the hourney is 2hr40 minutes...not more than that. With time, they will increase the speed, to reduce travel time. But this 2hr40 minutes travel time is fine by me, because it is sure.

2. Comfort
With bus that cost 2k, you are squashed up inside, sitting on chairs with very little cushion. And then when you enter traffic, sweat and body ordour will kill you. But these trains are like the inside of a plane, A/C, and comfortable seats.

3. Less Likely Possible Accident
I pray every time I take that road trip from Lagos to Ibadan/Ibadan to Lagos, cos we all read about accidents here on the road. But rail accident cases are very very low compared to road accident.

That's all I have for now. But I would always take the train versus bus.

Abeg, train is better

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by EgunMogaji2: 6:28pm On Dec 31, 2020
dawnomike:
The major challenge Ibadan people have with this lovely but expensive train service is the location of the train station... It is not in a strategic location at all. Moniya is almost like an outskirts of Ibadan

I have no problem where it’s located. People of Moniya also needs development.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by EgunMogaji2: 6:28pm On Dec 31, 2020
decatalyst:

Yeah...you are very correct.

I do hope they will speed up the activation of the other stations. The Dugbe station is very strategic for Ibadan residents.

There’s no station at Dugbe.
Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by Nobody: 6:28pm On Dec 31, 2020
easzypeaszy:
If he no dey stop for Oshodi na nonsense..

Nice thought! Oshodi is the center of Lagos.
Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by EgunMogaji2: 6:29pm On Dec 31, 2020
longetivity:
God bless Buhari on this

#BuhariTrain
Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by Seyzcham91(m): 6:31pm On Dec 31, 2020
grin
ALARAPE22:
Good for the trainer...... Oga Micra carry me to where I can see 500 motor to Lagos.
Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by Seyzcham91(m): 6:31pm On Dec 31, 2020
undecided undecided
cpu2006:
this is wonderful!!!!!!!!!. Nigeria is making progress
Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by EgunMogaji2: 6:34pm On Dec 31, 2020
dawnomike:
Dugbe is the best... But the rail line at Dugbe is the old rail, and it is not linked to this new one in any way. So, i guess everyone will have to make do with the one at moniya if you are to travel to Lagos via train.

Or Omi Adio once it’s online.
Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by TSBO: 6:34pm On Dec 31, 2020
This is a welcome thread.. Given the hold up I am experiencing on Lagos-Ibadan Expressway today, I need to really consider that train.
Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by EgunMogaji2: 6:36pm On Dec 31, 2020
NGpatriot:
The boarding fee you posted is wrong.

This train ridder paid just N600.

Ibadan to Abeokuta.
Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by EgunMogaji2: 6:36pm On Dec 31, 2020
Asquare84:

More station are being constructed

Only one. Chief Ladoke Akintola train station at Omi Adio.
Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by fxdee(m): 6:38pm On Dec 31, 2020
dawnomike:
The major challenge Ibadan people have with this lovely but expensive train service is the location of the train station... It is not in a strategic location at all. Moniya is almost like an outskirts of Ibadan
.. You are very correct sir.. Imagine I stay in oluyole estate and it will take me close if not more than stressful 1hr to get to the station and it is advisable to be there 30mins before take off time that s almost 1.30mins together. On a good day I would ve been on Kara brigde if not berger by road. If they can activate dugbe station it will make more sense and increase patronage.
Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by Seyzcham91(m): 6:38pm On Dec 31, 2020
you are right and you said my mind
naija government just keep making life difficult for Average nigerian

Imagine Train even more expensive than buses

Rubbish and Train! undecided

e no move me
the train is meant for Picture takers and lovers who are social media Addictive undecided undecided

Aside from it not economical, looking at the time between departure and Arrival, Road transport beter cuz i wonder if the train is Just moving like snail on rail line
cuz if buses takes 1hour 30mins to 1hour 45mins or 2hours at most with between 800-1200 from ibadan to lagos or 1500 from lagos to ibadan i don't see why i will opt for a transport means times 2 or 3 or even 4 or 5 of the normal Bus Price

let he who have sense starts USING IT this new year 2021
BigSarah:
Driving takes 1hr 30mins at least the last time I was in Ibadan 2017..local transport cost 1100 or 900 naira....Most train riders would be those interested in photoshoot, since the train doesn't even guarantee early arrival ...
In most countries government trains and buses are meant to aid commute for low earners. Please dont quote me arguing about how comfortable the trains are or how the AC is as cold as Siberia temperature.
Oh well
Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by Coinbased: 6:39pm On Dec 31, 2020
Really
Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by Ugandatales: 6:42pm On Dec 31, 2020
Sagay212:

Well some people wouldn't mind paying extra for comfort. Not everyone wants to board a bus with troublesome and talkative people. Not everyone want to sit beside one elephant sized human or some dirty, stinky human. Not everyone can stand some of the annoying bus drivers who just like to look for trouble.

When you board a train, it's mind your business and you enjoy the AC and the tranquility.
I like the fact that it is expensive so that it will at least discourage some dirty peoole from boarding it so it can at least last for years.

Exactly! You read my mind.
Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by EgunMogaji2: 6:43pm On Dec 31, 2020
post=97587831:
Some children of hate, frustrations and perdition were asking 'is it Bubu's money that he used to buy the train?'

We wonder whether it was Jonathan's family's money that he could have used when he was the president that he and his corrupt party couldn't use for 16 wasted years, that they decided to loot and shared it among themselves.

Shameless tins everywhere.
Supporters of looters and criminals.

Haaaa Haaaa Haaaa Baba this one that you brought a double barrel shotgun to a knife fight grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by Ugandatales: 6:44pm On Dec 31, 2020
Mrbillionaire:

Abeg, train is better

Yep!
Re: 10 Things To Know About Boarding The Lagos-Ibadan Train by decatalyst(m): 6:49pm On Dec 31, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

There’s no station at Dugbe.

Laughable!

You would be correct if you said there isn't a "standard rail Guage" at Dugbe but to say there is 'no station at Dugbe' is wrong.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Some Of The Worst And Deadliest Air Disasters/Plane Crashes In History(Pics) / Commuters Forced To Ride On Horses On Mile12 - Ikorodu Road As Traffic Worsens / Check Out Anambra State In 3D (beautiful Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.