Stats: 3,148,695 members, 7,802,051 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. (7786 Views)

Restrictions Of Movement Around the Oba of Benin Palace? / 'Ososomaye' Juju Used By The Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, To Revoke Curses (Photos / Rolls-Royce Of The Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. by Nobody: 4:16am On Jan 01, 2021
Historical facts and oral history has proven that the current ruling house and the Oba of Benin in Edo state are Yoruba descendants. Thus the Yoruba's own Edo state by proxy of the office of the Oba of Benin.

Re: The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. by Nguru55: 6:03am On Jan 01, 2021
So you carried confusion into 2021.. it is well with you. Say amen.

Re: The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. by illicit(m): 9:36am On Jan 01, 2021
Your case is serious sir....

Re: The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. by Nobody: 11:40am On Jan 01, 2021
Nguru55:
So you carried confusion into 2021.. it is well with you. Say amen.

It's just a rotation of the earth, but anyways my post is only stating a known fact so don't know why you're triggered.

Re: The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 01, 2021
TheLionofLasigi:
Historical facts and oral history has proven that the current ruling house and the Oba of Benin in Edo state are Yoruba descendants. Thus the Yoruba's own Edo state by proxy of the office of the Oba of Benin.

Ok..

That's fine

Re: The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jan 01, 2021
MelesZenawi:

Ok..

That's fine

It's always been fine

Re: The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. by gregyboy(m): 8:08am On Jan 02, 2021
Mad men siting in unknown place in ibadan and be laying claims and authority, to an ife history because they are in the same political entity called yoruba, and then feels he can tell the history of the ife man

Sorry

Re: The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. by EdoDefence: 12:06pm On Jan 02, 2021
TheLionofLasigi:

Ok, we have heard.
Come and take Ẹdo state grin

Re: The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. by BSdetector: 3:21am On Jan 04, 2021
gregyboy:
Mad men siting in unknown place in ibadan and be laying claims and authority, to an ife history because they are in the same political entity called yoruba, and then feels he can tell the history of the ife man

Sorry

Cry your eyes

Re: The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. by BSdetector: 3:22am On Jan 04, 2021
EdoDefence:

Ok, we have heard.
Come and take Ẹdo state grin

You clearly can't comprehend....we already own it through our son your oba

Re: The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. by gregyboy(m): 7:48am On Jan 04, 2021
BSdetector:

If you were asked to prove it, can you

Re: The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. by Etinosa1234: 8:41am On Jan 04, 2021
BSdetector:

Come and claim it with ur son Na...

Re: The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. by EdoDefence: 10:34am On Jan 04, 2021
BSdetector:

grin Mad people everywhere, like I said come and take it
Re: The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. by BSdetector: 3:14pm On Jan 04, 2021
Etinosa1234:

Come and claim it with ur son Na...

Edo is Yoruba land. Cope
Re: The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. by BSdetector: 3:15pm On Jan 04, 2021
gregyboy:

If you were asked to prove it, can you

Print that out and use it to clean your dirty ass
Re: The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. by Etinosa1234: 3:39pm On Jan 04, 2021
BSdetector:

Edo is Yoruba land. Cope

Come and claim it Na...
Any riff Raff can say anything online...

If I tell u that Ibadan is Igbo land... Would u believe?
Re: The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. by BSdetector: 4:17pm On Jan 04, 2021
Etinosa1234:

Come and claim it Na...
Any riff Raff can say anything online...

If I tell u that Ibadan is Igbo land... Would u believe?

Factually speaking ibadan is Yorubaland, the bini kingdom on the other hand is indirectly yoruba land and under the rulership of a Yoruba descendant. Even your oba has agreed to this and if oduduwa nation is achieved your oba will drag you guys along into the union, plus if you must know my grandfather from my maternal side is a titled chief with our family house in Ughoton, Benin which mean that am also a stakeholder in that land. And so are quite a number of yorubas who have inter married with your people. Unfortunately you can't change history.
Re: The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. by Etinosa1234: 5:27pm On Jan 04, 2021
BSdetector:

Factually speaking ibadan is Yorubaland,
Noo.. factually speaking Ibadan is Igbo land

the bini kingdom on the other hand is indirectly yoruba land and under the rulership of a Yoruba descendant. Even your oba has agreed to this and
The Benin kingdom is never Yoruba land and was never Yoruba land... Our language is not the same and an entire distinct group from ur language
Oba Erediauwa also said that he didn't descend from Yoruba land

if oduduwa nation is achieved your oba will drag you guys along into the union
Lmaooooooo cheesy are u indirectly begging us... Its nice to know that u guys want us to be part of u, but tbh we are not interested.. even the Oba will not allow himself to be subjugated under another tribe

, plus if you must know my grandfather from my maternal side is a titled chief with our family house in Ughoton, Benin which mean that am also a stakeholder in that land
If u think u are a stake holder in ur family house, I'm sorry u'll be shocked... Even ur mum won't tell u that u have a stake in that land.... As far as most Benin are concerned, u are Yoruba...
In fact, in Benin culture,women are not completely considered for inheritance of property not to talk of chieftaincy title... U must be joking bro grin

Also... Before it can get to u becoming a chief, it would be all ur mother's siblings, grandfather siblings, relative, cousins, villagers are all dead.. this is entirely impossible ... Wake Up... U are never gonna smell any family title in Benin .. ur mom will explain better to u

Besides what's her family greeting? Lets know which chieftaincy exactly u are talking abt

. And so are quite a number of yorubas who have inter married with your people. Unfortunately you can't change history.
Lets use ur poor logic here...

Quite a number of Igbos have intermarried with the Yoruba... Does that mean the entire Igbo tribe will follow Oduduwa nation
Or
Quite a number of Hausa Fulani have intermarried with the Yoruba Esp the ones in Ilorin... Does that mean the entire Hausa Fulani will follow the Oduduwa nation..

As I've pointed out, u don't even have any solid claim to Benin

I'll say it over and over again... Benin and Yoruba are not the same

Benin language is under the Edoid group and Yoruba under the Yoruboid group

This completely differentiates Benin and Yoruba

And also at no point in time was Benin ever part of Yoruba land... Rather it was eastern Yoruba Esp that was part of the Benin Empire

I'm not ready for any argument now

Re: The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. by gregyboy(m): 7:08pm On Jan 04, 2021
BSdetector:

Print that out and use it to clean your dirty ass

You talk like you finsh smoking hausa man mens
Re: The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. by gregyboy(m): 7:11pm On Jan 04, 2021
BSdetector:

Factually speaking ibadan is Yorubaland, the bini kingdom on the other hand is indirectly yoruba land and under the rulership of a Yoruba descendant. Even your oba has agreed to this and if oduduwa nation is achieved your oba will drag you guys along into the union, plus if you must know my grandfather from my maternal side is a titled chief with our family house in Ughoton, Benin which mean that am also a stakeholder in that land. And so are quite a number of yorubas who have inter married with your people. Unfortunately you can't change history.

Yoruba land is under benin, benin own all Yoruba land i can back it up with prove should i

Benin own, ekiti, ondo, ogun, lagas, ife,

Fulani, own just kwara

Ancient city of benin

Oba gha to kpere

Re: The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. by Christistruth00: 7:39pm On Jan 04, 2021
gregyboy:

Yoruba land is under benin, benin own all Yoruba land i can back it up with prove should i

Fulani, own just kwara

Ancient city of benin

Oba gha to kpere

The Yoruba have another Proverb

" The River that forgets it's Source will definitively dry up"

Why has Benin been taken over by Prostitutes?

Why has it Forgotten both God and it's Source?
Re: The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. by BSdetector: 7:40pm On Jan 04, 2021
Etinosa1234:

Noo.. factually speaking Ibadan is Igbo land

The Benin kingdom is never Yoruba land and was never Yoruba land... Our language is not the same and an entire distinct group from ur language
Oba Erediauwa also said that he didn't descend from Yoruba land

Lmaooooooo cheesy are u indirectly begging us... Its nice to know that u guys want us to be part of u, but tbh we are not interested.. even the Oba will not allow himself to be subjugated under another tribe

If u think u are a stake holder in ur family house, I'm sorry u'll be shocked... Even ur mum won't tell u that u have a stake in that land.... As far as most Benin are concerned, u are Yoruba...
In fact, in Benin culture,women are not completely considered for inheritance of property not to talk of chieftaincy title... U must be joking bro grin

Also... Before it can get to u becoming a chief, it would be all ur mother's siblings, grandfather siblings, relative, cousins, villagers are all dead.. this is entirely impossible ... Wake Up... U are never gonna smell any family title in Benin .. ur mom will explain better to u

Besides what's her family greeting? Lets know which chieftaincy exactly u are talking abt

Lets use ur poor logic here...

Quite a number of Igbos have intermarried with the Yoruba... Does that mean the entire Igbo tribe will follow Oduduwa nation
Or
Quite a number of Hausa Fulani have intermarried with the Yoruba Esp the ones in Ilorin... Does that mean the entire Hausa Fulani will follow the Oduduwa nation..

As I've pointed out, u don't even have any solid claim to Benin

I'll say it over and over again... Benin and Yoruba are not the same

Benin language is under the Edoid group and Yoruba under the Yoruboid group

This completely differentiates Benin and Yoruba

And also at no point in time was Benin ever part of Yoruba land... Rather it was eastern Yoruba Esp that was part of the Benin Empire

I'm not ready for any argument now

grin grin grin grin grin long stories from a riffraff. I never said Edo's were Yoruba's, I said that your Oba is a Yoruba descendant ruling over the little kingdom of benin, plus based on the fact that we wouldn't want history to repeat itself by biafra invading and annexing your lands like they did during the civil war until we came to liberate you guys. As for the chieftaincy title it can be bought with money and a dozen bottles of shekpe, money influences decisions in the nigerian society, it's why am more important in Edo society than you tongue grin but there's nothing fear; Edo has no crude oil, gold or tangible natural resources. Cultism, Armed robbery, human trafficking and witchcraft are trade in stocks of Edo people and am not even insulting the state, conquering and subjugating the state is counter productive and most likely unprofitable. Obo ta

Re: The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. by BSdetector: 7:42pm On Jan 04, 2021
gregyboy:

Fulani, own just kwara

Ancient city of benin

Oba gha to kpere

No wahala, that makes me a Benin boy with a stake in Edo state. grin

Oba gha to kpere grin
Re: The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. by gregyboy(m): 8:08pm On Jan 04, 2021
Christistruth00:

It has Forgotten both God and it's Source.

Another history, probably after yoruba were taking as slaves that proverb was coined to stop slave selling of themselves

Good to know

Re: The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. by gregyboy(m): 8:12pm On Jan 04, 2021
BSdetector:

No wahala, that makes me a Benin boy with a stake in Edo state. grin

Oba gha to kpere grin

Thats why i try to enlighten the yoruba people that they are actually binis, yorubas is just a political identity coined by the British

Every yoruba needs to pay respects to omo no oba nedo, including the chief priest ooni of ife

Re: The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. by BSdetector: 8:18pm On Jan 04, 2021
gregyboy:

Thats why i try to enlighten the yoruba people that they are actually binis, yorubas is just a political identity coined by the British

Every yoruba needs to pay respects to omo no oba nedo, including the chief priest ooni of ife

Re: The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. by Etinosa1234: 8:56pm On Jan 04, 2021
BSdetector:

grin grin grin grin grin long stories from a riffraff
As expected, when logic fails , resort to insults... Just accept that u lost cheesy

. I never said Edo's were Yoruba's, I said that your Oba is a Yoruba descendant ruling over the little kingdom of benin
Another misyarning... Oba Erediauwa came out to say that he didn't descend from Yoruba... ..
Also Edos are also Benin... Our Oba is referred to as "Omo n'oba n'edo"... This goes to show that he's an edo person.

, plus based on the fact that we wouldn't want history to repeat itself by biafra invading and annexing your lands like they did during the civil war until we came to liberate you guys
Lmaooooooo... So in ur shallow mind, u believe that it was the Yoruba only that liberated Midwest... This shows that ur knowledge abt the civil war is extremely low
Firstly... The Midwest was still under Nigeria and had no standing army of its own... Now if they had no army to ward off attacks, how did u expect them to stop the invasion when the federal army ran away
Secondly... The Nigerian army esp the ones that drove the Biafrans didn't compose of the Yorubas only.. rather it consisted of Hausas,Fulani, Nupe, Benin, Esan and a host of other tribes found in Nigeria..
In fact the commander of the Nigerian army that retook Midwest was Murtala Mohammed
Lastly, according to written account including Victor banjo memoirs, Midwest was taken with little resistance ... This is to say that there was less bloodshed when the Biafrans came to Midwest.. ...

So can u explain how the Yorubas only came to liberate the Midwest in 1967?... All this ur lies won't last here cheesy

. As for the chieftaincy title it can be bought with money and a dozen bottles of shekpe, money influences decisions in the nigerian society, it's why am more important in Edo society than you
Lmaooooooo... Anyone can claim anything online ... If I tell u that I'm a relative to the Ooni of ife, would u believe?... No.. same as me disbelieving ur useless trash talk u being important than me in my own fatherland... Such a dreamer grin.. make sure u take ur drugs this night Sha
Now.. to be clear with u, No traditional chieftaincy title can be given to a child with no paternal origin to Benin land... Benin is not Yoruba land where people buy their Thrones... Here we practice primogeniture... The eldest in the family Sha rule ... We don't rotate titles among people... From birth, we already know who is the next oba, oliha, odionwere etc unlike the Yoruba system
The only title u can get in Benin land are mainly honorary titles... Nothing much bro... The esama is an honorary title... Its something like that u'll bear.... But u CAN never get any traditional title in ur family... Ask ur mother to explain better for u

tongue grin but there's nothing fear; Edo has no crude oil, gold or tangible natural resources. Cultism, Armed robbery, human trafficking and witchcraft are trade in stocks of Edo people and am not even insulting the state, conquering and subjugating the state is counter productive and most likely unprofitable. Obo ta

Lol... Edo has a lot of mineral resources.like oil, limestone, marble etc... How would u know when u don't read and research but rather rely on lies and propaganda...

Abt the crimes.. only today we've gotten more than 3 reports abt robbery, cultism from the South West that u want to portray to others as safe... And yet none from Benin...

Don't worry I'll be giving u constant crime updates on ur safe yorubaland... I was given balogunod b4 he begged me... I'll be updating u starting tomorrow... Lets see how safe ur South West is...

BTW ...whats ur mother's family greeting..Obota is not a family greeting...

Re: The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. by Etinosa1234: 9:01pm On Jan 04, 2021
Christistruth00:

It has Forgotten both God and it's Source.

Is that why ur mothers are now doing prostitution
https://www.nairaland.com/6331357/inside-nigerias-sex-trade

Carry ur L dey go abeg cheesy

Re: The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. by BSdetector: 9:16pm On Jan 04, 2021
Etinosa1234:

As expected, when logic fails , resort to insults... Just accept that u lost cheesy

Another misyarning... Oba Erediauwa came out to say that he didn't descend from Yoruba... ..
Also Edos are also Benin... Our Oba is referred to as "Omo n'oba n'edo"... This goes to show that he's an edo person.

Lmaooooooo... So in ur shallow mind, u believe that it was the Yoruba only that liberated Midwest... This shows that ur knowledge abt the civil war is extremely low
Firstly... The Midwest was still under Nigeria and had no standing army of its own... Now if they had no army to ward off attacks, how did u expect them to stop the invasion when the federal army ran away
Secondly... The Nigerian army esp the ones that drove the Biafrans didn't compose of the Yorubas only.. rather it consisted of Hausas,Fulani, Nupe, Benin, Esan and a host of other tribes found in Nigeria..
In fact the commander of the Nigerian army that retook Midwest was Murtala Mohammed
Lastly, according to written account including Victor banjo memoirs, Midwest was taken with little resistance ... This is to say that there was less bloodshed when the Biafrans came to Midwest.. ...

So can u explain how the Yorubas only came to liberate the Midwest in 1967?... All this ur lies won't last here cheesy

Lmaooooooo... Anyone can claim anything online ... If I tell u that I'm a relative to the Ooni of ife, would u believe?... No.. same as me disbelieving ur useless trash talk u being important than me in my own fatherland... Such a dreamer grin.. make sure u take ur drugs this night Sha
Now.. to be clear with u, No traditional chieftaincy title can be given to a child with no paternal origin to Benin land... Benin is not Yoruba land where people buy their Thrones... Here we practice primogeniture... The eldest in the family Sha rule ... We don't rotate titles among people... From birth, we already know who is the next oba, oliha, odionwere etc unlike the Yoruba system
The only title u can get in Benin land are mainly honorary titles... Nothing much bro... The esama is an honorary title... Its something like that u'll bear.... But u CAN never get any traditional title in ur family... Ask ur mother to explain better for u

Lol... Edo has a lot of mineral resources.like oil, limestone, marble etc... How would u know when u don't read and research but rather rely on lies and propaganda...

Abt the crimes.. only today we've gotten more than 3 reports abt robbery, cultism from the South West that u want to portray to others as safe... And yet none from Benin...

Don't worry I'll be giving u constant crime updates on ur safe yorubaland... I was given balogunod b4 he begged me... I'll be updating u starting tomorrow... Lets see how safe ur South West is...

BTW ...whats ur mother's family greeting..Obota is not a family greeting...

Obota is good evening, and it's a known fact that the ogbomosho man Ben Adekunle via his 3rd commandos liberated the Midwest, Edo state may have some mineral resources but it's not in commercial quantity like bayelsa or even rivers, and lastly it's clear that most traditional rulers in Nigeria are sitting puppets both in Yorubaland and Bini environs recieving monthly stipends from federal government, traditional rulers who can't protect themselves not to talk about their subjects... history is history and what matters now is who currently is in charge of your lands and it's crude oil resources which was gotten without a chieftaincy title. I don't need a chieftaincy title in Benin to unseat a king, all I need do is sponsor one of my cousins to become governor of your state and distabilize the traditional systems and install my pick and crush dissent with the bullet and bribes. You're bitching because of a puppet king. When shit hits the fan your chieftaincy title and oba doesn't save you when fulani bandits dagger you and bang your mother.... channel your energy to profitable stuff and stop cuming and jizzin to the past unverified glory of better men.

Re: The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. by gregyboy(m): 9:50pm On Jan 04, 2021
BSdetector:

[s]Obota is good evening, and it's a known fact that the ogbomosho man Ben Adekunle via his 3rd commandos liberated the Midwest, Edo state may have some mineral resources but it's not in commercial quantity like bayelsa or even rivers, and lastly it's clear that most traditional rulers in Nigeria are sitting puppets both in Yorubaland and Bini environs recieving monthly stipends from federal government, traditional rulers who can't protect themselves not to talk about their subjects... history is history and what matters now is who currently is in charge of your lands and it's crude oil resources which was gotten without a chieftaincy title. I don't need a chieftaincy title in Benin to unseat a king, all I need do is sponsor one of my cousins to become governor of your state and distabilize the traditional systems and install my pick and crush dissent with the bullet and bribes. You're bitching because of a puppet king. When shit hits the fan your chieftaincy title and oba doesn't save you when fulani bandits dagger you and bang your mother.... channel your energy to profitable stuff and stop cuming and jizzin to the past unverified glory of better men[/s].

I just detected some bullshit, guess who from a bullshit detector.....

Re: The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. by Christistruth00: 10:00pm On Jan 04, 2021
shocked shocked shocked shocked

gregyboy:

Is it possible for a man to give birth to his Grandfather?

No !!! Not even in Benin.

Re: The Oba Of Benin Is A Yoruba Man. by gregyboy(m): 10:07pm On Jan 04, 2021
Christistruth00:

shocked shocked shocked shocked

A colonial siting arrangement.... Lol if we are to do pre colonial siting arrangement the chief priest wont be there at all

Again the colonial sitting arrangement is wrong alafin of oyo ought to be the one replacing ooni of ife, the British elevated the alafin, not ooni of ife, who awolowo elevated himself after the British had left

Why Do Edos/binis Have Yoruba & Igbo Looks / Oro Nipa Osole Owo Nla / Are Igbos The Lost Descendents Of The Jews?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94