Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,123 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

Sanwo-olu Signs Budget Of ₦1.16 Trillion For 2021 Into Law - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-olu Signs Budget Of ₦1.16 Trillion For 2021 Into Law (6052 Views)

Nigeria Records ₦‎16 Trillion Worth Of Crude Oil In 9 Months / Sanwo-Olu Signs Bill Regulating Real Estate Transactions In Lagos / Sanwo-Olu Signs VAT Bill Into Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanwo-olu Signs Budget Of ₦1.16 Trillion For 2021 Into Law by Tabithatim: 6:49am On Jan 01, 2021
UPDATE: Governor of Lagos State, Mr @jidesanwoolu today signed the 2021 Appropriation Bill into Law... The Budget of REKINDLED HOPE.

TOTAL: N1,163,522,210,717.00

CAPITAL: N702,935,416,976

RECURRENT: N460,586,793,741

Capital - Recurrent ratio (60:40)

#ForAGreaterLagos https:///HFMJjqS0hg
https://twitter.com/Mr_JAGss/status/1344699113674305537?s=19

4 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Signs Budget Of ₦1.16 Trillion For 2021 Into Law by sammyj: 6:51am On Jan 01, 2021
grin grin grin The governor should let us know how much Alpha beta will be getting from the largest!! If you know you know grin grin Happy new year to you all

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sanwo-olu Signs Budget Of ₦1.16 Trillion For 2021 Into Law by ecolime(m): 6:52am On Jan 01, 2021
Greater capital expenditure.

This is good news. I hope it is well implemented.

Happy new year nairalanders! May goodness alone be our lot this year. Cheers to 2021!
Re: Sanwo-olu Signs Budget Of ₦1.16 Trillion For 2021 Into Law by Gkay1(m): 6:54am On Jan 01, 2021
New year with new system, I hope it is well implemented
Re: Sanwo-olu Signs Budget Of ₦1.16 Trillion For 2021 Into Law by BigBrother9ja: 6:54am On Jan 01, 2021
shocked

Trillion!

Lagos is capable sha

Happy New year cool
Re: Sanwo-olu Signs Budget Of ₦1.16 Trillion For 2021 Into Law by DadojoReloaded(m): 6:54am On Jan 01, 2021
This is almost the same as Nigeria's budget in 2005.

4 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Signs Budget Of ₦1.16 Trillion For 2021 Into Law by mp3popup: 6:55am On Jan 01, 2021
Oya cash out time
Re: Sanwo-olu Signs Budget Of ₦1.16 Trillion For 2021 Into Law by olumate(m): 6:56am On Jan 01, 2021
Very good but use it well lobatan
Re: Sanwo-olu Signs Budget Of ₦1.16 Trillion For 2021 Into Law by oyeb15: 6:56am On Jan 01, 2021
Bad old boys using agbada to corner Lagos money every year.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-olu Signs Budget Of ₦1.16 Trillion For 2021 Into Law by Grace001: 6:59am On Jan 01, 2021
Mmmm
Re: Sanwo-olu Signs Budget Of ₦1.16 Trillion For 2021 Into Law by ATEAMS: 7:02am On Jan 01, 2021
The world’s 500 richest people added $1.8 trillion to their combined net worth this year and are now worth $7.6 trillion, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index. Equivalent to a 31% increase, it’s the biggest annual gain in the eight-year history of the index and a $3 trillion jump from the market’s nadir in March.

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Signs Budget Of ₦1.16 Trillion For 2021 Into Law by tplayer: 7:05am On Jan 01, 2021
Tabithatim:

https://twitter.com/Mr_JAGss/status/1344699113674305537?s=19

I ain't going to praise Sanwo-Olu for having d largest state budget until I see d one from my man Prof Ayade in Cross River

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Signs Budget Of ₦1.16 Trillion For 2021 Into Law by seunmsg(m): 7:08am On Jan 01, 2021
For a state that has the 5th largest economy in Africa and with over 20million people to cater for, N1.16trillion budget is barely enough.

7 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Signs Budget Of ₦1.16 Trillion For 2021 Into Law by Rugaria: 7:11am On Jan 01, 2021
How much of that will go to alphabeta the conduit pipe for looting Lagos by Tinubu?

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Signs Budget Of ₦1.16 Trillion For 2021 Into Law by tplayer: 7:18am On Jan 01, 2021
seunmsg:
For a state that has the 5th largest economy in Africa and with over 20million people to cater for, N1.16trillion budget is barely enough.

Same thing with Nigeria.GDP is low despite a large population. One big reason is inefficiency caused by a variety of factors. One big one is X-inefficiencies: e.g social customs, ignorance about efficient methods of production, corruption etc.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-olu Signs Budget Of ₦1.16 Trillion For 2021 Into Law by Oyiboman69: 7:20am On Jan 01, 2021
You people don't waste time when it comes to anything making way for you guys to loot...the case us different when it concerns the masses
Re: Sanwo-olu Signs Budget Of ₦1.16 Trillion For 2021 Into Law by AFONJACOW(m): 7:24am On Jan 01, 2021
Thief Tinubu to take have of the trillion

Happy new year lagosnians

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Signs Budget Of ₦1.16 Trillion For 2021 Into Law by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:26am On Jan 01, 2021
Ok. It is noted.
Igbega Ipinle Eko, Ajumose wa ni.
Happy new year to all Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Signs Budget Of ₦1.16 Trillion For 2021 Into Law by tunapawizzy: 7:28am On Jan 01, 2021
sammyj:
grin grin grin The governor should let us know how much Alpha beta will be getting from the largest!! If you know you know grin grin Happy new year to you all
This one na summary. Show the breakdown. How much of that budget will be funded by debt. How much of that budget will go into debt servicing. What percentage of that budget will be executed. This way, the people will monitor it every step of the way. The people should not feel the whole 1.1trillion is coming into the economy of Lagos state. How much are you going to mandate LAMATA to generate so they can start raising fares, even LASTMA get target

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Signs Budget Of ₦1.16 Trillion For 2021 Into Law by mkoabiola: 7:30am On Jan 01, 2021
I think this Wil b d first state to sign trillions
Re: Sanwo-olu Signs Budget Of ₦1.16 Trillion For 2021 Into Law by tunapawizzy: 7:44am On Jan 01, 2021
tplayer:

I ain't going to praise Sanwo-Olu for having d largest state budget until I see d one from my man Prof Ayade in Cross River
The size of a budget is even nothing if execution and critical elements of that budget is not top notch...see size of naija budget see size of Rwanda budget, see growth rate

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Signs Budget Of ₦1.16 Trillion For 2021 Into Law by tplayer: 7:44am On Jan 01, 2021
tunapawizzy:

This one na summary. Show the breakdown. How much of that budget will be funded by debt. How much of that budget will go into debt servicing. What percentage of that budget will be executed. This way, the people will monitor it every step of the way. The government should not feel the whole 1.1trillion is coming into the economy of Lagos state. How much are you going to mandate LAMATA to generate so they can start raising fares

Word!

One bottle for you
Re: Sanwo-olu Signs Budget Of ₦1.16 Trillion For 2021 Into Law by tplayer: 7:45am On Jan 01, 2021
tunapawizzy:

The size of a budget is even nothing if execution and critical elements of that budget is not top notch...see size of naija budget see size of Rwanda budget, see growth rate

Sarcasm with Cross River budget.

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Signs Budget Of ₦1.16 Trillion For 2021 Into Law by seunmsg(m): 7:47am On Jan 01, 2021
tplayer:

Same thing with Nigeria.GDP is low despite a large population. One big reason is inefficiency caused by a variety of factors. One big one is X-inefficiencies: e.g social customs, ignorance about efficient methods of production, corruption etc.

Lagos is actually being cheated by the rest of the federation. If I’m the governor of the state, I will start a campaign to extend the 13% derivation benefits to all revenue generating sources and not oil and gas alone.

What is the justification for giving oil producing states 13% of revenue generated from oil while denying Lagos state the same benefit from revenue generated from CIT, VAT, Custom duties and other tax revenues that goes into the federation account? It is an extremely unfair policy that needs to be changed as part of the restructuring we are advocating for.

If we must keep denying Lagos state its special status position, we should at least let the state enjoy what other states contributing huge revenue to the federation account are enjoying.

4 Likes

Re: Sanwo-olu Signs Budget Of ₦1.16 Trillion For 2021 Into Law by tunapawizzy: 7:48am On Jan 01, 2021
tplayer:

Sarcasm with Cross River budget.
Smiles...
Re: Sanwo-olu Signs Budget Of ₦1.16 Trillion For 2021 Into Law by tunapawizzy: 7:52am On Jan 01, 2021
seunmsg:

Lagos is actually being cheated by the rest of the federation. If I’m the governor of the state, I will start a campaign to extend the 13% derivation benefits to all revenue generating sources and not oil and gas alone.

What is the justification for giving oil producing states 13% of revenue generated from oil while denying Lagos state the same benefit from revenue generated from CIT, VAT, Custom duties and other tax revenues that goes into the federation account? It is an extremely unfair policy that needs to be changed as part of the restructuring we are advocating for.
Oil producing states keep losing their farmlands and source of livelihood to oil exploration activities. Importantion n Custom activities makes lagos state more vibrant and creates an avenue for more funds to be generated.
Re: Sanwo-olu Signs Budget Of ₦1.16 Trillion For 2021 Into Law by seunmsg(m): 8:05am On Jan 01, 2021
tunapawizzy:

Oil producing states keep losing their farmlands and source of livelihood to oil exploration activities. Importantion n Custom activities makes lagos state more vibrant and creates an avenue for more funds to be generated.

What farmlands and livelihood are being lost in Akwa Ibom state for example? And who told you the land where the sea and airports was built doesn’t belong to some people? People in Lagos also lost their land and means of livelihood to accommodate some of these agencies so what’s your argument again?

You cannot approbate and reprobate at the same time. You all were crying about Zamfara state government controlling the state gold revenue some weeks ago. We must come up with a unified system that rewards equally without discrimination.

Oil companies operating in Niger delta makes the region more vibrant same way companies operating in other states makes the states more vibrant. The argument is applicable to all states and not just Lagos.

Every state should get 13% of whatever they are generating either through mineral resources or tax revenue. The balance should be paid to the federation account for sharing based of revenue sharing law. That is what every forward looking person should be advocating for.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-olu Signs Budget Of ₦1.16 Trillion For 2021 Into Law by Exc2000: 8:22am On Jan 01, 2021
cool

Eko Onibaje oo

Re: Sanwo-olu Signs Budget Of ₦1.16 Trillion For 2021 Into Law by farem: 8:27am On Jan 01, 2021
tplayer:

Your man ayade has the most senseless and unachievable budget in Nigeria among the state governments.
His budget's performance/reality is always less than 30%. Go confirm it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram: President Buhari Happy With Troops Performance – Defence Minister / Osinbajo: Religious Leaders Must Be Ready To Unite People Regardless Of Faith / NNPCL Confirms Rise Of Oil Production To 1.6 Million BPD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.