Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,025 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:06 AM

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) (8498 Views)

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:51am On May 06, 2021
*THE DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL.* CHURCH OF NIGERIA _(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* TUESDAY, 4TH MAY, 2021 *THEME:* THE ESSENCE AND QUALITIES OF LEADERSHIP

*BIBLE READING:* DEUTERONOMY 1: 9-18 *(NIV)*

9. At that time I said to you, "You are too heavy a burden for me to carry alone.
10. The LORD your God has increased your numbers so that today you are as many as the stars in the sky.
11. May the LORD, the God of your fathers, increase you a thousand times and bless you as he has promised!
12. But how can I bear your problems and your burdens and your disputes all by myself?
13. Choose some wise, understanding and respected men from each of your tribes, and I will set them over you."
14. You answered me, "What you propose to do is good."
15. So I took the leading men of your tribes, wise and respected men, and appointed them to have authority over you-- as commanders of thousands, of hundreds, of fifties and of tens and as tribal officials.
16. And I charged your judges at that time: Hear the disputes between your brothers and judge fairly, whether the case is between brother Israelites or between one of them and an alien.
17. Do not show partiality in judging; hear both small and great alike. Do not be afraid of any man, for judgment belongs to God. Bring me any case too hard for you, and I will hear it.
18. And at that time I told you everything you were to do.

Many families, organisations and nations are in chaos because of bad leadership. Leaders are necessary because no one person, as Moses said, can do the work alone (v.9). Leaders are always faced with weaknesses, pressures and the burdens of the led (v.12) Hence, it is important to create chains of leadership over tens, fifties, hundreds and thousands (v.15) for effectiveness. This is a lesson for people who feel threatened, when others try to work with them. Today's passage states that leaders should: Be wise, understanding, experienced and respectful; have ability to sacrifice time to attend to subordinates; demonstrate fearless impartiality in judgment no matter who is involved; be able to understand the dynamics of hierarchical organisation.

Unfortunately some leaders are chosen based on religion, ethnic, kinship, etc. Such choices end up becoming square pegs in round holes; the bane of various organisations and nations tor decades. Let us learn to choose leaders according to biblical principles. Note that as the light and salt of the world, we are all leaders as believers. Hence it is expected that we pattern our lives to be wise, respectful, impartial, fearless, sacrificial and dependent on godly superiors.

*PRAYER:*
Father, give us wisdom to choose godly leaders in our nation and Church and help me to exhibit godly leadership qualities in Jesus' Name. *Amen.*

*Daily Fountain Quote of the Day*

_"Your potential is the sum of all the possibilities God has for your life."–_ *Charles Stanley*

Credits: Daily Fountain Devotional

NOTE: Pls visit my Facebook page below on my signature and contact me for any property of your choice. IT'S 100% SAFE AND SECURED.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:17am On May 07, 2021
✝️�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL
Date: 2021-05-07

✝️�TOPIC: LAYING THE FOUNDATION FOR DIVINE SUCCESS

✝️�TEXT: DEUTERONOMY 2:1-13 (NKJV)

1. "Then we turned and journeyed into the wilderness of the Way of the Red Sea, as the LORD spoke to me, and we skirted Mount Seir for many days.
2. "And the LORD spoke to me, saying:
3. 'You have skirted this mountain long enough; turn northward.
4. 'And command the people, saying, "You [are about to] pass through the territory of your brethren, the descendants of Esau, who live in Seir; and they will be afraid of you. Therefore watch yourselves carefully.
5. "Do not meddle with them, for I will not give you [any] of their land, no, not so much as one footstep, because I have given Mount Seir to Esau [as] a possession.
6. "You shall buy food from them with money, that you may eat; and you shall also buy water from them with money, that you may drink.
7. "For the LORD your God has blessed you in all the work of your hand. He knows your trudging through this great wilderness. These forty years the LORD your God [has been] with you; you have lacked nothing." '
8. " And when we passed beyond our brethren, the descendants of Esau who dwell in Seir, away from the road of the plain, away from Elath and Ezion Geber, we turned and passed by way of the Wilderness of Moab.
9. "Then the LORD said to me, 'Do not harass Moab, nor contend with them in battle, for I will not give you [any] of their land [as] a possession, because I have given Ar to the descendants of Lot [as] a possession.' "
10. (The Emim had dwelt there in times past, a people as great and numerous and tall as the Anakim.
11. They were also regarded as giants, like the Anakim, but the Moabites call them Emim.
12. The Horites formerly dwelt in Seir, but the descendants of Esau dispossessed them and destroyed them from before them, and dwelt in their place, just as Israel did to the land of their possession which the LORD gave them.)
13. " 'Now rise and cross over the Valley of the Zered.' So we crossed over the Valley of the Zered.

✝️�STUDY

Success is the desired goal of any rational person. However, success is not obtained on a platter of gold. Various principles must be fulfilled to achieve success. Today's passage outlines some principles of success namely:

(1) Ability to hear God's instruction. In verses 2-4, God spoke before the Israelites moved from one place to another,

(2). Trusting and following God even when He directs you into a wilderness. In verse 1, God led His people first through the wilderness, round Mount Seir and then to the cities;

(3) Moving with the timing of God. In verses 1 and 3, it was God that determined the time to move and stop;

(4) Avoiding strife with relatives and other people. In verses 4-5 and 8-9, the Israelites were instructed to avoid strife with the sons of Esau and Moabites;

(5) Performing your civic rights and not taking things for granted. In
verse. 6, Israel was instructed to buy their necessities; (6) Depending on God totally in spite of your victories and skill so as to avoid God's wrath. In verses 15-16 and 1:32, God killed the men of war due to their unbelief.

Beloved, do you want to have good success? Adhere to these principles and you will lay the right foundation for lasting divine success.

✝️� PRAYER: Father help me to lay the right foundation for success in
Jesus 'Name. Amen.

NOTE: Pls visit my Facebook page below on my signature and contact me for any property of your choice. IT'S 100% SAFE AND SECURED.
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:55am On May 12, 2021

*DATE:* WEDNESDAY, 12TH MAY, 2021 *THEME:* BE YOUR BROTHER'S KEEPER

*BIBLE READING:* DEUTERONOMY 3: 12-22 *(NIV)*

12. Of the land that we took over at that time, I gave the Reubenites and the Gadites the territory north of Aroer by the Arnon Gorge, including half the hill country of Gilead, together with its towns.
13. The rest of Gilead and also all of Bashan, the kingdom of Og, I gave to the half-tribe of Manasseh. (The whole region of Argob in Bashan used to be known as a land of the Rephaites.
14. Jair, a descendant of Manasseh, took the whole region of Argob as far as the border of the Geshurites and the Maacathites; it was named after him, so that to this day Bashan is called Havvoth Jair.)
15. And I gave Gilead to Makir.
16. But to the Reubenites and the Gadites I gave the territory extending from Gilead down to the Arnon Gorge (the middle of the gorge being the border) and out to the Jabbok River, which is the border of the Ammonites.
17. Its western border was the Jordan in the Arabah, from Kinnereth to the Sea of the Arabah (the Salt Sea), below the slopes of Pisgah.
18. I commanded you at that time: "The LORD your God has given you this land to take possession of it. But all your able-bodied men, armed for battle, must cross over ahead of your brother Israelites.
19. However, your wives, your children and your livestock (I know you have much livestock) may stay in the towns I have given you,
20. until the LORD gives rest to your brothers as he has to you, and they too have taken over the land that the LORD your God is giving them, across the Jordan. After that, each of you may go back to the possession I have given you."
21. At that time I commanded Joshua: "You have seen with your own eyes all that the LORD your God has done to these two kings. The LORD will do the same to all the kingdoms over there where you are going.
22. Do not be afraid of them; the LORD your God himself will fight for you."

Our passage today is the account of the sharing of the land of promise among the various tribes of Israel. The land of Bashan was vast and suitable for pasture (Num. 32:1-42). It was taken by the tribe of Reuben, Gad and half tribe of Manasseh. Their request as seen in Numbers 32 was granted but with a condition that all the fighting men were obligated to continue with their brethren in the eradication of the nations from the land of Canaan to the west of Jordan; only their wives, children and livestock were allowed to remain behind. This is a wonderful demonstration of how to be our brother's keeper (v.20). Moses commanded them that they should not settle in their own possession until their brethren had got their own portion. David demonstrated a similar virtue after fighting and defeating the Amalekites in (1 Sam. 30:17 30). He sent the plunders to those who did not go to war with them.

This sacrifice by the tribes of Reuben, Gad and half tribe of Manasseh is a lesson for us all especially in our present day society that is basically selfish and self-centered. They did not think that their families would come to harm when they left to help their brethren, This is a show of practical Christian love and care. The Bible enjoins us that we should learn not to seek our welfare only but also the welfare of others (Phil. 2:4). Make a difference today helping other brethren to acquire God's promised possessions for them.

Father, please help me to sacrifice my own comfort for the welfare of other brethren in Jesus 'Name. *Amen.*

_“Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been proved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.”_ *(James 1:12)*

NOTE: Pls visit my Facebook page below on my signature and contact me for any property of your choice. IT'S 100% SAFE AND SECURED
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:55am On May 13, 2021

*DATE:* THURSDAY, 13TH MAY, 2021 _*(Ascension Day)*_ *THEME:* ASCENSION OF JESUS

*BIBLE READING:* LUKE 24: 49-53 *(NIV)*

49. I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high."
50. When he had led them out to the vicinity of Bethany, he lifted up his hands and blessed them.
51. While he was blessing them, he left them and was taken up into heaven.
52. Then they worshipped him and returned to Jerusalem with great joy.
53. And they stayed continually at the temple, praising God.

The ascension of Jesus is a major tenet of the faith of Christians. Somehow, it is not given the prominence it deserves in the church. His ascension is proof that He conquered every enemy and that He reigns supremely far above all (Eph. 1:18-23). Christ returned to heaven and sat on the throne of glory (Jn. 17:5, 11). The last thing He did as He was ascending was to bless His people and this spontaneously aroused worship from them. The two always go together. As we truly worship Him, He will pour His blessings upon us. Before their very eyes, Jesus ascended (Acts 1:9). They were looking intently as He ascended, and suddenly, angels stood before them and said that this same Jesus would return, the same way that He had ascended. The Apostles remained in the temple as instructed by Jesus and they were empowered by the Holy Spirit (Acts. 2:1 4)

There is always a need to wait on the Lord to be empowered before embarking on any assignment given by Him. The need for the impartation of the power of the Holy Spirit cannot be over- emphasised. It takes a Christian far in the journey of faith and enables him experience Victory over all the powers of darkness. Live every day in the consciousness that Jesus will return again to rapture His Church and judge the world.

Ask for fresh filling of the Holy Spirit.

_“The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul who seeks Him. It is good that one should hope and wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.”_ *(Lamentations 3:25)*

NOTE: Pls visit my Facebook page below on my signature and contact me for any property of your choice. IT'S 100% SAFE AND SECURED
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:47am On May 14, 2021

*DATE:* FRIDAY, 14TH MAY, 2021 *THEME:* BEWARE OF STUMBLING BLOCKS

*BIBLE READING:* DEUTERONOMY 3: 23-29 *(NIV)*

23. At that time I pleaded with the LORD:
24. "O Sovereign LORD, you have begun to show to your servant your greatness and your strong hand. For what god is there in heaven or on earth who can do the deeds and mighty works you do?
25. Let me go over and see the good land beyond the Jordan-- that fine hill country and Lebanon."
26. But because of you the LORD was angry with me and would not listen to me. "That is enough," the LORD said. "Do not speak to me any more about this matter.
27. Go up to the top of Pisgah and look west and north and south and east. Look at the land with your own eyes, since you are not going to cross this Jordan.
28. But commission Joshua, and encourage and strengthen him, for he will lead this people across and will cause them to inherit the land that you will see."
29. So we stayed in the valley near Beth Peor.

The passage today is a narration of a pathetic and sorrowful experience of Moses, a high profile leader of God's people. The most disturbing and lamentable aspect of this is what Moses said in verse 26: "But because of you, the Lord was angry with me, and would not listen to me" (cf. 1:37). Alas! Many fine Christians have stumbled because of leadership! Moses was mandated by God to lead the Israelites into the Promised Land, but could not because the people caused him to sin against God (vv. 26-27, cf. Num. 20:9 - 12).

One major challenge in leadership or even in living the Christian life is how to relate with people at the same level with us and those below and above us. This has been a major stumbling block to many leaders and Christians. Ability to handle these levels of relationship in humility and patience speaks volumes about the maturity of the Christian or Christian leader. We should not allow people or the service rendered to God and humanity to become a stumbling block to us; this can mar our chances of reaching our goal the Kingdom of God. Note also that in the text, Moses was directed by God to commission, encourage and strengthen Joshua to take over the mantle of leadership from him (v.28). As leaders, let us work hard to get suitable replacements under God to continue the work.

Help me Oh Lord to identify and remove the stumbling blocks in my Christian race in Jesus' Name. *Amen.*

_“I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; wait, I say, on the Lord!”_ *(Psalm 27: 13-14)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:12am On May 16, 2021

*DATE:* SUNDAY, 16TH MAY, 2021 _*(Sunday After Ascension)*_ *THEME:* BE CONCERNED ABOUT NATIONAL WELFARE

*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 16: 12-24 *(NIV)*

12. "I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear [them] now.
13. "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own [authority,] but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
14. "He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare [it] to you.
15. "All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare [it] to you.
16. " A little while, and you will not see Me; and again a little while, and you will see Me, because I go to the Father."
17. Then [some] of His disciples said among themselves, "What is this that He says to us, 'A little while, and you will not see Me; and again a little while, and you will see Me'; and, 'because I go to the Father'?"
18. They said therefore, "What is this that He says, 'A little while'? We do not know what He is saying."
19. Now Jesus knew that they desired to ask Him, and He said to them, "Are you inquiring among yourselves about what I said, 'A little while, and you will not see Me; and again a little while, and you will see Me'?
20. "Most assuredly, I say to you that you will weep and lament, but the world will rejoice; and you will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will be turned into joy.
21. "A woman, when she is in labor, has sorrow because her hour has come; but as soon as she has given birth to the child, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world.
22. "Therefore you now have sorrow; but I will see you again and your heart will rejoice, and your joy no one will take from you.
23. "And in that day you will ask Me nothing. Most assuredly, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you.
24. "Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.

Jesus had previously told His disciples about His departure from them but their aggrieved hearts would not allow them to understand greater things that would eventually happen in their lives. For example, the destruction of Israel as a nation was gradually drawing close. Note that Jesus had already prophesied the destruction of Jerusalem in Matthew 24. In spite of this, the disciples had not yet comprehended that Jerusalem and the nation of Israel were doomed for destruction. Even after the resurrection of Jesus, they still asked concerning the restoration of all things (Acts 1:6). They were still nationalistic in their thinking, and thus, were not at this time prepared to fully accept the fact that a great national tragedy was about to come upon Israel. Beloved, let us learn not to allow our personal challenges to make us unconcerned about looming tragedies in our national life.

The passage also teaches about the Holy Spirit. He reveals the mind of God (v.12), speaks of both the present and the future and guides believers into all truth - about God, future, present, relationships, etc. He also brings glory to God. Please note that He is not our errand boy, to do what we want. We are therefore obliged to accept completely the mind of God for our lives, family and the church. This is the only way our prayers will make impact. Let us always work with the Holy Spirit.

Father teach me to be sensitive and prayerful about issues in my nation. Help me also to maintain a daily walk with the Holy Spirit through Jesus Christ our Lord. *Amen.*

_“O Lord my God, I cried out to You, and You have healed me. O Lord, You have brought my soul up from the grave; You have kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit … For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life; weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.”_ *(Psalm 30: 2,5)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:22am On May 17, 2021

*DATE:* MONDAY, 17TH MAY, 2021 *THEME:* GOD HATES IDOL WORSHIP

*BIBLE READING:* DEUTERONOMY 4: 15-24 *(NIV)*

15. " Take careful heed to yourselves, for you saw no form when the LORD spoke to you at Horeb out of the midst of the fire,
16. "lest you act corruptly and make for yourselves a carved image in the form of any figure: the likeness of male or female,
17. "the likeness of any animal that [is] on the earth or the likeness of any winged bird that flies in the air,
18. "the likeness of anything that creeps on the ground or the likeness of any fish that [is] in the water beneath the earth.
19. "And [take heed,] lest you lift your eyes to heaven, and [when] you see the sun, the moon, and the stars, all the host of heaven, you feel driven to worship them and serve them, which the LORD your God has given to all the peoples under the whole heaven as a heritage.
20. "But the LORD has taken you and brought you out of the iron furnace, out of Egypt, to be His people, an inheritance, as you are this day.
21. "Furthermore the LORD was angry with me for your sakes, and swore that I would not cross over the Jordan, and that I would not enter the good land which the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance.
22. "But I must die in this land, I must not cross over the Jordan; but you shall cross over and possess that good land.
23. "Take heed to yourselves, lest you forget the covenant of the LORD your God which He made with you, and make for yourselves a carved image in the form of anything which the LORD your God has forbidden you.
24. "For the LORD your God [is] a consuming fire, a jealous God.

After the fall, the mind of man became so corrupted that he turned to images as objects of worship (Rom. 1: 21-23). In today's text Moses was warning Israel not to make for themselves idols and images in the likeness of any object (vv. 23 -24). This is because God is a consuming fire (v.24, cf. Heb. 12:29). In all the revelations of God, He had never appeared in form of an image, shape, animal, bird or creature of any kind. Yet man had always carved idols in form of created things and worshipped them. This is the highest level of the degeneration or depravity of man.

The church today is still battling with idolatry. Many well- known members of the church advocate for cultural revival such as masquerade revival and other heathen practices, which indeed is revival of idol worship. This inclination to promote idolatry in our society has terrible consequences on individual families and the society at large (v.24, Rom. 1:21 32). The church should discourage idol worship in all her operations and carry out serious advocacy against it. As Christians, we should also desist from anything that takes the place of God and time for His worship (a form of idolatry) in our lives.

Pray against all forms of idolatry in the church and more grace to worship God in Spirit and in truth.

_“For with God nothing will be impossible.”_ *(Luke 1:37)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:15am On May 18, 2021

*DATE:* TUESDAY, 18TH MAY, 2021 *THEME:* CONSEQUENCES OF IDOLATRY

*BIBLE READING:* DEUTERONOMY 4: 25-31 *(NIV)*

25. After you have had children and grandchildren and have lived in the land a long time--if you then become corrupt and make any kind of idol, doing evil in the eyes of the LORD your God and provoking him to anger,
26. I call heaven and earth as witnesses against you this day that you will quickly perish from the land that you are crossing the Jordan to possess. You will not live there long but will certainly be destroyed.
27. The LORD will scatter you among the peoples, and only a few of you will survive among the nations to which the LORD will drive you.
28. There you will worship man-made gods of wood and stone, which cannot see or hear or eat or smell.
29. But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul.
30. When you are in distress and all these things have happened to you, then in later days you will return to the LORD your God and obey him.
31. For the LORD your God is a merciful God; he will not abandon or destroy you or forget the covenant with your forefathers, which he confirmed to them by oath.

Joys can quickly be cut short and turned into sorrow when people persist in idolatry. Imagine the pains, frustrations and sorrows it could cause after long years of journey through the wilderness, and finally crossing Jordan to the Promised Land only to perish there (v. 26). "I call heaven and earth as witness against you that you will quickly perish from the Land that you are crossing the Jordan to possess. You will not live there long but will certainly be destroyed." This prophecy in this text certainly haunted those Israelites who were carried away years later into the Assyrian and Babylonian captivities. There was however an encouragement that if they returned to God, He (God) would still receive them because of His covenant with their forefathers.

Many of God's children are suffering because of diverse kinds of idolatry (Col. 3:5). Many of our church members are persisting in various forms of idolatry embedded in many cultural and traditional practices (4:5). In other instances, information technology gadgets, businesses, games, etc., have been allowed to take over our personal altars with God. There is a call to return to God in totality and serve Him only. Let us rid ourselves of every form of idolatry and devote ourselves only to the Lord. He will heal and restore us.

Merciful Lord, deliver us from idolatry.

_But He said, “The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.”_ *(Luke 18:27)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:51am On May 19, 2021

*DATE:* WEDNESDAY, 19TH MAY, 2021 *THEME:* ACKNOWLEDGE GOD

*BIBLE READING:* DEUTERONOMY 4: 32-40 *(NIV)*

32. Ask now about the former days, long before your time, from the day God created man on the earth; ask from one end of the heavens to the other. Has anything so great as this ever happened, or has anything like it ever been heard of?
33. Has any other people heard the voice of God speaking out of fire, as you have, and lived?
34. Has any god ever tried to take for himself one nation out of another nation, by testings, by miraculous signs and wonders, by war, by a mighty hand and an outstretched arm, or by great and awesome deeds, like all the things the LORD your God did for you in Egypt before your very eyes?
35. You were shown these things so that you might know that the LORD is God; besides him there is no other.
36. From heaven he made you hear his voice to discipline you. On earth he showed you his great fire, and you heard his words from out of the fire.
37. Because he loved your forefathers and chose their descendants after them, he brought you out of Egypt by his Presence and his great strength,
38. to drive out before you nations greater and stronger than you and to bring you into their land to give it to you for your inheritance, as it is today.
39. Acknowledge and take to heart this day that the LORD is God in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other.
40. Keep his decrees and commands, which I am giving you today, so that it may go well with you and your children after you and that you may live long in the land the LORD your God gives you for all time.

The Lord our God takes delight in showing His power through man whom He created in His own image. The greatness of God is manifested through man in verse 35 & 39 of our passage. The Lord said, "You are shown these things so that you might know that the Lord is God: beside Him there is no other: "Acknowledge and take to heart this day that the Lord is God in heaven above and on earth below. There is no other. It grieves God when we fail to acknowledge Him in all aspects of our lives and when we give His glory to ourselves, other men, idols or any other thing. He wants us to acknowledge the fact that beside Him, there is no other.

We acknowledge Him by keeping His decrees and commands and obeying His ministers (vv. 39 & 40; 2 Chron. 20:20). We also acknowledge God by telling others about Him. This is the secret of success. It attracts generational blessings. Let us learn to acknowledge God in everything we do in business, government work, studies, family, Church, village meetings, etc., and we shall experience abundant prosperity and God's special favour in all we do.

Inspire us always Oh Lord to see You in all we do in Jesus Name. *Amen.*

_But Jesus looked at them and said to them, “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”_ *(Matthew 19:26)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 4:16am On May 20, 2021

*DATE:* THURSDAY, 20TH MAY, 2021 *THEME:* CITIES OF REFUGE

*BIBLE READING:* DEUTERONOMY 4: 41-43 *(NIV)*

41. Then Moses set aside three cities east of the Jordan,
42. to which anyone who had killed a person could flee if he had unintentionally killed his neighbour without malice aforethought. He could flee into one of these cities and save his life.
43. The cities were these: Bezer in the desert plateau, for the Reubenites; Ramoth in Gilead, for the Gadites; and Golan in Bashan, for the Manassites.

In Deuteronomy 19: 1-7 and Numbers 35: 11-34, as in today's passage, we see the wisdom, justice and mercy of God. Three cities were to be designated cities of refuge. Clear explanations were given for those who had a right to flee to the cities of refuge. There was a difference between a manslayer and a murderer in their accidentally killed someone. He was the one qualified to run to and context. Manslayer was someone who unintentionally and city of refuge to save his life. A murderer was one who intentionally killed someone. Other laws applied to the murderer, the avenger of blood could slay the murderer on the spot.

God does not encourage jungle justice. There are channels provided by Him to determine a case before judgment is meted out. This is the reason we have elders in the church. The law courts are there too in the wider society and we need to earnestly pray for the judicial system in our country. The judiciary is supposed to be the last hope of the common man. It is supposed to be a kind of city of refuge to which any person who is unjustly pursued can run to and obtain justice. On the other hand, Jesus is our City of Refuge, our Advocate, (1 Jn. 2:1-2). Let us run to Him for safety.

Pray earnestly for the judicial system in our country.

_Then Jesus said to him, “If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.”_ *(Mark 9:23)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:59am On May 21, 2021

*DATE:* FRIDAY, 21ST MAY, 2021 *THEME:* NATIONAL IDENTITY

*BIBLE READING:* DEUTERONOMY 4: 44-49 *(NIV)*

44. This is the law Moses set before the Israelites.
45. These are the stipulations, decrees and laws Moses gave them when they came out of Egypt
46. and were in the valley near Beth Peor east of the Jordan, in the land of Sihon king of the Amorites, who reigned in Heshbon and was defeated by Moses and the Israelites as they came out of Egypt.
47. They took possession of his land and the land of Og king of Bashan, the two Amorite kings east of the Jordan.
48. This land extended from Aroer on the rim of the Arnon Gorge to Mount Siyon (that is, Hermon),
49. and included all the Arabah east of the Jordan, as far as the Sea of the Arabah, below the slopes of Pisgah.

Having come out of Egypt, there was need that Israel should be taught the laws, decrees and orders of their God. Israel is a unique Nation chosen by God among all the Nations of the earth; they had been in the midst of a nation that did not know their God. Again, they were surrounded by nations that served many gods. There was therefore the need that having come out and now in the Promised Land, their National history and identity should be introduced to them. Their culture and tradition should be clearly spelt out to them, for it is by this that they would relate with God, with one another and with other nations. Their identity - culture - is based on the laws of God. It is pertinent to note that till today, the laws that guide Israel are the laws of God as written in the Scriptures.

As believers today, our identity is given by the word of God (Deut. 6:4; Mk. 12:29). Our culture, practices and traditions that mark us out as a people are based on the word of God (Ps. 119: 105). Anywhere we are, in any part of the world, we should recognise this and live by it.

Lord, teach us Your ways and give us grace to follow Your dictates in this nation in Jesus Name. *Amen.*

_As soon as Jesus heard the word that was spoken, He said to the ruler of the synagogue, “Do not be afraid; only believe.”_ *(Mark 5:36)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:11am On May 22, 2021

*DATE:* SATURDAY, 22ND MAY, 2021 *THEME:* HEAR, LEARN AND OBSERVE

*BIBLE READING:* DEUTERONOMY 5: 1-11 *(NIV)*

1. And Moses called all Israel, and said to them: "Hear, O Israel, the statutes and judgments which I speak in your hearing today, that you may learn them and be careful to observe them.
2. "The LORD our God made a covenant with us in Horeb.
3. "The LORD did not make this covenant with our fathers, but with us, those who [are] here today, all of us who [are] alive.
4. "The LORD talked with you face to face on the mountain from the midst of the fire.
5. "I stood between the LORD and you at that time, to declare to you the word of the LORD; for you were afraid because of the fire, and you did not go up the mountain. [He] said:
6. ' I [am] the LORD your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
7. ' You shall have no other gods before Me.
8. ' You shall not make for yourself a carved image -- any likeness [of anything] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under the earth;
9. you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, [am] a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth [generations] of those who hate Me,
10. but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.
11. ' You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain, for the LORD will not hold [him] guiltless who takes His name in vain.

In today's passage, Moses spoke to all Israel as they were about to enter the Promised Land. He reminded them of the covenant they had with God at Horeb through the Ten Commandments: In verses 1-3, Moses drew their attention to the need to hear, learn and observe the commandments which were given to them and not their forefathers. He further reminded them about the mediatory part he played and how God delivered them from Egypt.

The new covenant believers must also hear, learn, observe and obey the whole word of God for our good. Jesus Christ is our Mediator in the New Covenant and has delivered us from the slavery of sin. Verses 8-11 state the first and second commandments which center on reverence for God. By implication, nothing should compete with God in our lives, be it money, power, carved images, technological gadgets, etc., because He is a jealous God. Note that obedience and disobedience to the commandments have their blessings and consequences
respectively to the third and fourth generations. Let us therefore choose to obey and be blessed with our generations.

Lord, create a desire in me to hear, learn and observe Your word always in Jesus' Name. *Amen.*

_“For You, O God, have proved us; You have refined us as silver is refined. You brought us into the net; You laid affliction on our backs. You have caused men to ride over our heads; we went through fire and through water; but You brought us out to rich fulfillment.”_ *(Psalm 66:10)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 3:41pm On May 23, 2021

*DATE:* SUNDAY, 23RD MAY, 2021 _*(The Day of Pentecost/Whit Sunday)*_ *THEME:* THE HOLY SPIRIT AND HIS MINISTRY

*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 20: 19-31 *(NIV)*

19. On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you!"
20. After he said this, he showed them his hands and side. The disciples were overjoyed when they saw the Lord.
21. Again Jesus said, "Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you."
22. And with that he breathed on them and said, "Receive the Holy Spirit.
23. If you forgive anyone his sins, they are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven."
24. Now Thomas (called Didymus), one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came.
25. So the other disciples told him, "We have seen the Lord!" But he said to them, "Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe it."
26. A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you!"
27. Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe."
28. Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!"
29. Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."
30. Jesus did many other miraculous signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book.
31. But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

Jesus Christ while on earth spent time to teach His disciples about the Holy Spirit and His ministry. In John 16:7, He made the promise of sending the Holy Spirit when He would go away. In today's passage, He fulfilled the promise saying "receive the Holy Spirit" (v.20). The Holy Spirit would enable the disciples to accomplish the great commission. We also need to be filled with the Holy Spirit in order to accomplish kingdom services. The scripture calls Him the Helper, Teacher and Counsellor (Jn 14:26).

Today is Whit Sunday in our communion and reminds us of the day of Pentecost when the Holy Spirit came upon the disciples, and empowered them for service. In verses 19-21, Jesus met His disciples physically in a closed room where they were besieged with fear; a proof that He is alive and alive even today. He released His peace to them even as He does to us in our troubled lives and situations today. In verses 24-30, Jesus condemned the unbelief of Thomas who doubted His resurrection. We must not be like Thomas, but live to believe the risen Christ and every word of God. It is more blessed to do so.

Fill me with Your Holy Spirit O Lord. _*Amen.*_

_“Then they cry out to the Lord in their trouble, and He brings them out of their distresses. He calms the storm, so that its waves are still. Then they are glad because they are quiet; so He guides them to their desired haven.”_ *(Psalm 107:28)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:22am On May 24, 2021

*DATE:* MONDAY, 24TH MAY, 2021 *THEME:* OBSERVE THE SABBATH DAY

*BIBLE READING:* DEUTERONOMY 5: 12-15 *(NIV)*

12. "Observe the Sabbath day by keeping it holy, as the LORD your God has commanded you.
13. Six days you shall labour and do all your work,
14. but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your manservant or maidservant, nor your ox, your donkey or any of your animals, nor the alien within your gates, so that your manservant and maidservant may rest, as you do.
15. Remember that you were slaves in Egypt and that the LORD your God brought you out of there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm. Therefore the LORD your God has commanded you to observe the Sabbath day.

The fourth commandment in the covenant relationship between God and Israel is to keep the Sabbath day. Sabbath is the seventh day of the week, a holy day on which no work was permitted. It was a day of worship and rest for the Jews. The Lord commanded His people to observe that day for some reasons:

He finished the work of creation in six days and rested on the seventh day (Gen. 2:2);

To allow individual men and maid servants, strangers animals to rest from physical activities (v.14);

To remind Israel of how He delivered them from their bondage in Egypt.

Today, as New Covenant believers, we observe Sunday the first day of the week as our day of rest. This is to remind us of the day that Jesus rose from the dead and had victory over death. It is a day of worship and honour to God and rest from our physical work. As we observe Sundays as days of rest, we must understand that this rest goes beyond the physical. There is yet another rest (Heb. 4:9) which is ultimate and found in Christ through the new birth. (Matt. 11: 28-29).

Lord, strengthen me to keep the Sabbath in Jesus 'Name. *Amen.*

_“You have seen what I did to the Egyptians, and how I bore you on eagles’ wings and brought you to Myself.”_ *(Exodus 19:4)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:31am On May 25, 2021

*DATE:* TUESDAY, 25TH MAY, 2021 *THEME:* LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOURS AS YOURSELF

*BIBLE READING:* DEUTERONOMY 5: 16-21 *(NIV)*

16. "Honour your father and your mother, as the LORD your God has commanded you, so that you may live long and that it may go well with you in the land the LORD your God is giving you.
17. "You shall not murder.
18. "You shall not commit adultery.
19. "You shall not steal.
20. "You shall not give false testimony against your neighbour.
21. "You shall not covet your neighbour's wife. You shall not set your desire on your neighbour's house or land, his manservant or maidservant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbour."

Our text for today deals with six commandments in the covenant relationship between Israel and God and all of them centre on our relationship with our neighbour. They include:

Honour your father and mother
You shall not commit adultery
You shall not steal
You shall not bear false witness against your neighbour
You shall not covet

Which of these commandments do you find difficult to keep?

In the new covenant order, Christ summed them up to LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOUR AS YOURSELF (Mk 12:31). He equally expanded on some of them, for instance, you shall not murder which he upgraded to a level whereby being angry with your brother makes you a murderer. Secondly, when one looks at a woman lustfully, he has committed adultery with her (Matt. 5:22 and 28). The fifth commandment has a promise of long life attached to it. How do you honour your parents? You must respect them for Christ pays serious attention to the peace and progress of our
families.

Beloved, we have an obligation to keep all the the commandments by the help of the Holy Spirit. If we fail in one, then we have failed in all (James 2:10). Jesus came to fulfil them and not to abolish them.

Lord help me to love my neighbour as myself.

_“For we do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, of our trouble which came to us in Asia: that we were burdened beyond measure, above strength, so that we despaired even of life. Yes, we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves but in God who raises the dead, who delivered us from so great a death, and does deliver us; in whom we trust that He will still deliver us …”_ *(2 Corinthians 1:cool*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:48am On May 26, 2021

*DATE:* WEDNESDAY, 26TH MAY, 2021 *THEME:* COSTLY ASSUMPTION

*BIBLE READING:* DEUTERONOMY 5: 22-27 *(NIV)*

22. These are the commandments the LORD proclaimed in a loud voice to your whole assembly there on the mountain from out of the fire, the cloud and the deep darkness; and he added nothing more. Then he wrote them on two stone tablets and gave them to me.
23. When you heard the voice out of the darkness, while the mountain was ablaze with fire, all the leading men of your tribes and your elders came to me.
24. And you said, "The LORD our God has shown us his glory and his majesty, and we have heard his voice from the fire. Today we have seen that a man can live even if God speaks with him.
25. But now, why should we die? This great fire will consume us, and we will die if we hear the voice of the LORD our God any longer.
26. For what mortal man has ever heard the voice of the living God speaking out of fire, as we have, and survived?
27. Go near and listen to all that the LORD our God says. Then tell us whatever the LORD our God tells you. We will listen and obey."

Moses reminded the Israelites of how God gave them the commandments by speaking through the fire and how finally he wrote them on tablets of stone and handed them over to him. The reason for inscribing the commandments on the tablets was to constantly remind them of the laws anytime they saw God's fingerprints on the stones. For us believers, the commandments are written in our hearts within us so that we can easily comply through the prompting of the Holy Spirit.

Note in verses 23 -27, that the Israel's leaders and elders told Moses that they didn't want to hear from God directly because they would die. They were afraid of death and told Moses to hear and tell them what God said. This was "a costly assumption prompted by fear. Did they die in the first instance when they hear God from the fire? The answer is No! Even their testimony in verse 26 contradicts their request. Sometimes, some of us, out of fear, run away from the presence of God/His word only to meet deceitful "men of God/prophets' and believe their lies. Be careful to hear. read and meditate on the word of God. This day, God speaks to us through Jesus Christ (Heb. 1:3) and we shall not die if we hear Him.

Dear Lord, deliver me from fears that tend to remove me from Your presence. *Amen.*

_“No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is from me,” says the Lord._ *(Isaiah 54:17)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:29am On May 30, 2021

*DATE:* SUNDAY, 30TH MAY, 2021 _*(Trinity Sunday)*_ *THEME:* ASK ANYTHING IN MY NAME

*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 14: 8-17 *(NIV)*

8. Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us."
9. Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say,`Show us the Father'?
10. Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.
11. Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves.
12. I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.
13. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father.
14. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.
15. "If you love me, you will obey what I command.
16. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counsellor to be with you for ever--
17. the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

Philip, one of Christ's disciples, did not understand the mystery behind God - 'the oneness' of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. He said to Jesus: "Show us the Father and it will be sufficient for us (v.9). Jesus answered him: "He who has seen me has seen the Father." In effect, they are one, not two separate persons. Are you also confused about their distinctive oneness? Today is Trinity Sunday; we remember the unity of God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit in their distinctive personalities. Trinity is a theological term that is not found in the Bible but is used to affirm that God Himself is manifested through Jesus Christ by the Holy Spirit. The scripture says, "Listen O Israel, the Lord our God is one. "This is expressed in so many activities/functions performed by the God-Head, E.g., in creation (Gen 1:26), and Christ's baptism (Matt. 3:16-17).

In verses 13-14, Jesus guarantees His disciples' answers to their prayers when they ask. He gives an open cheque to them to ask Him anything. Anything implies all things. This promise belongs to us His children. Why not cast all your cares on Him now? He is faithful and will do them.

All my cares, l cast at Your feet, Oh Lord.

_“This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit,’ says the Lord of hosts."_ *(Zechariah 4:6)*

NOTE:Pls visit my Facebook page below on my signature and contact me for any property of your choice. IT'S 100% SAFE AND SECURED
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 1:18pm On May 31, 2021

*DATE:* MONDAY, 31ST MAY, 2021 _*(The Visit of the Blessed Virgin Mary)*_ *THEME:* MARY VISITS ELIZABETH

*BIBLE READING:* LUKE 1: 39-49 *(NIV)*

39. At that time Mary got ready and hurried to a town in the hill country of Judea,
40. where she entered Zechariah's home and greeted Elizabeth.
41. When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.
42. In a loud voice she exclaimed: "Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the child you will bear!
43. But why am I so favoured, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
44. As soon as the sound of your greeting reached my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy.
45. Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished!"
46. And Mary said: "My soul glorifies the Lord
47. and my spirit rejoices in God my Saviour,
48. for he has been mindful of the humble state of his servant. From now on all generations will call me blessed,
49. for the Mighty One has done great things for me--holy is his name.

As soon as Angel Gabriel ended up his discussion with Mary, she proceeded to visit her relative, Elizabeth. As she entered the house, she greeted Elizabeth who was already pregnant. As soon as she heard her voice, the baby in her womb leaped for joy. This action of the unborn baby in the womb was immediately noticed by the mother who then spoke by the leading of the Holy Spirit. In verse 42, Elizabeth said: _"Blessed are you among women and blessed is the child you shall bear."_ Mary rejoiced and praised God on hearing
Elizabeth's comment in verse 46.

Her statement was a confirmation of what the angel had discussed with Mary. God does not leave anyone in darkness whenever He wants to use such a person as His instrument for a particular purpose. Mary was called blessed because she accepted to be the mother of our Saviour, by believing all that the angel told her. Her faith and humility are worth emulating. This should not make her an object of worship as some do in error. Like Mary, let us learn to rejoice and believe every word of prophecy in God's word concerning us because believing is the key to its fulfilment.

Grant me the grace, dear Lord, to believe every true prophetic word for my life. *Amen.*

_“Blessed be the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle – my lovingkindness and my fortress, my high tower and my deliverer, my shield and the One in whom I take refuge, who subdues my people under me.”_ *(Psalm 144:1)*

NOTE:Pls visit my Facebook page below on my signature and contact me for any property of your choice. IT'S 100% SAFE AND SECURED
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 9:39am On Jun 01, 2021

*DATE:* TUESDAY, 1ST JUNE, 2021 *THEME:* CHRIST THE LIVING WORD

*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 1: 1-5 *(NIV)*

1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2. He was with God in the beginning.
3. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
4. In him was life, and that life was the light of men.
5. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.

John begins his gospel account by re-echoing Genesis 1:1 in order to connect God's act of creation with Christ's deity. John shows Jesus as fully God and fully human. He refers to Jesus Christ as "The Word." He is the Word of God, through Him the nature and mind of God is revealed. Christ was in existence with God before the creation; He was not created. He is the Creator. Through Jesus (the Word), God's purpose in and for the world is fulfilled. The Word is Life and Light; the Word is living and active (Heb. 4:12).

It is important that we know Christ and walk in His light that will lead us to God. Jesus is the Way, the Truth and the Life. When we follow Him as the light, we will avoid walking blindly and falling into sin. He lights the path ahead of us so that we can see how to live. He also removes the darkness of sin from our lives. Have you allowed the light of Christ to shine into your life?

O Lord, thank You for coming to fulfil the work of creation and redemption, Help us to live and walk in the light and power of Your Word. *Amen.*

_“For You are my lamp, O Lord; the Lord shall enlighten my darkness. For by You I can run against a troop; by my God I can leap over a wall. As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him.”_ *(2 Samuel 22:29)*

*HAPPY NEW MONTH*
In this New Month of June 2021, You shall be rejuvenated, beauty will replace ashes in your life. You shall excel in your good endeavours and every lost ground shall be recovered in Jesus' Name. _*Amen.*_
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:30am On Jun 02, 2021

*DATE:* WEDNESDAY, 2ND JUNE, 2021 *THEME:* JESUS THE TRUE LIGHT

*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 1: 6-13 *(NIV)*

6. There came a man who was sent from God; his name was John.
7. He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all men might believe.
8. He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light.
9. The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world.
10. He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognise him.
11. He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.
12. Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God--
13. children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

John the Baptist came to bear witness concerning Jesus Christ as the true Light. Christ came into the world in human nature; He came in to save a lost world. Although Christ created the world, the people He created did not recognise Him, but all who welcome Jesus Christ as Lord of their lives are reborn spiritually, receiving new life from God! Through faith in Christ, this new birth changes us, rearranging our attitudes, desires and motives. In the same way natural birth makes us physically alive and places us in our parents' family, being born again makes us spiritually alive and puts us in God's family. This fresh start in life is available to all who believe in Jesus Christ.

Like John, you and I have been sent by God as witnesses of the Light. We have the responsibility of drawing men to the light (2 Cor. 5:18). By His spirit and grace He saves all who come to Him. We therefore should partner with Him in bringing this great demonstration of love to all mankind. The starting point is for all who are yet to receive Him to confess their sins and repent and accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour. Have you asked Christ to make you a new person?

Lord help me to be an effective witness of Jesus Christ and to always reveal the Light of God in me everywhere I go. *Amen.*

_“Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us.”_ *(Ephesians 3:20)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:46am On Jun 03, 2021

*DATE:* THURSDAY, 3RD JUNE, 2021 *THEME:* CHRIST, THE WORD, BECAME FLESH

*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 1: 14-18 *(NIV)*

14. The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
15. John testifies concerning him. He cries out, saying, "This was he of whom I said,`He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.'"
16. From the fulness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another.
17. For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
18. No-one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known.

Christ, the Word, became flesh and dwelt among us as God and Man, a deep mystery that human reasoning cannot explain, except by understood by faith (1 Tim. 3: 16). Jesus is the spitting image of the Father (Col. 1.15; John 14: 9-10). As John so clearly puts it, "we beheld His glory, the glory as of the Only Begotten of the Father No one has seen God... the only begotten Son.... has declared Him" (vv. 14, 18). So Jesus is fully divine and fully human.

Jesus came not only to reveal the Father and show the extent of His love for us but He also came to share in our humanity in order to save us from the captivity of sin. Our salvation comes to us through Jesus by the Holy Spirit. Christians must, therefore, believe the truth of God's word and the grace of God revealed through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Thank you Jesus for revealing the Father to me. May I be regenerated through the grace and truth You brought to man. *Amen.*

_“And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.”_ *(Philippians 4:19)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 9:48am On Jun 04, 2021

*DATE:* FRIDAY, 4TH JUNE, 2021 *THEME:* JOHN BEARS WITNESS ABOUT JESUS

*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 1: 19-28 *(NIV)*

19. Now this is the testimony of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, "Who are you?"
20. He confessed, and did not deny, but confessed, "I am not the Christ."
21. And they asked him, "What then? Are you Elijah?" He said, "I am not." "Are you the Prophet?" And he answered, "No."
22. Then they said to him, "Who are you, that we may give an answer to those who sent us? What do you say about yourself?"
23. He said: "I [am] 'The voice of one crying in the wilderness: "Make straight the way of the LORD," ' as the prophet Isaiah said."
24. Now those who were sent were from the Pharisees.
25. And they asked him, saying, "Why then do you baptize if you are not the Christ, nor Elijah, nor the Prophet?"
26. John answered them, saying, "I baptize with water, but there stands One among you whom you do not know.
27. "It is He who, coming after me, is preferred before me, whose sandal strap I am not worthy to loose."
28. These things were done in Bethabara beyond the Jordan, where John was baptizing.

John the Baptist was gradually becoming popular and could have claimed to be the Messiah but he remained committed to turning the people's attention to the One whose sandal strap he was unworthy to untie. The Jews sent priests and Levites to John the Baptist to ascertain if he was the Christ. He however made it clear that his ministry was that of a servant, announcing the arrival of his Master, and preparing the people to receive Him. In verse 23, John applied the prophecy of Isaiah 40:3 to his own ministry of calling people to repent in preparation for the coming of the Messiah.

The disposition of our hearts as witnesses should be that of humility. When we truly understand who Christ is, our pride and self-importance will melt away. This call should remind us that we all have our callings and ministry to fulfil and like John; we should not allow people distract us from what God has called us to do. In our daily lives, in our homes, places of work and in the Church, we are to witness for Christ and bring people to Him.

Thank You Almighty God, for sending John the Baptist as a witness for Christ. Help us to emulate his spirit of dedication and humility. *Amen.*

_“And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, have an abundance for every good work.”_ *(2 Corinthians 9:8-11)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 9:07am On Jun 05, 2021

*DATE:* SATURDAY, 5TH JUNE, 2021 *THEME:* JESUS: THE LAMB OF GOD

*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 1: 29-34 *(NIV)*

29. The next day John saw Jesus coming towards him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!
30. This is the one I meant when I said,`A man who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.'
31. I myself did not know him, but the reason I came baptising with water was that he might be revealed to Israel."
32. Then John gave this testimony: "I saw the Spirit come down from heaven as a dove and remain on him.
33. I would not have known him, except that the one who sent me to baptise with water told me,`The man on whom you see the Spirit come down and remain is he who will baptise with the Holy Spirit.'
34. I have seen and I testify that this is the Son of God."

John the Baptist describes Jesus in a unique way - "The Lamb of God." The reference to a lamb easily reminds us of the blameless animal that was sacrificed by the Jews. John must have chosen this title to refer to Jesus' mission both as sacrificial offering and His subsequent conquest of all evil powers. John came as a preacher of repentance but deliverance from the power of sin comes from Jesus only. Jesus takes away the sins of the world and purchases pardon for all who repent and believe the gospel. John the Baptists' baptism by water was preparatory because it was for repentance and symbolised the washing away of sins. Jesus by contrast would baptise with the Holy Spirit to empower us to live and teach the message of salvation.

True humility is the basis for greatness in our walk with Christ. When you are content to do what God wants you to do and let Jesus Christ be honoured, God will do great things through you. John says, "I have seen and testify that this is the Son of God" (John 1: 34). Can you testify that Jesus is the Son of God and Lord over your life? In a world where people are looking for security, our duty is to point them to Christ and to show them that He is the Way.

Lord Jesus, I exalt You over everything in my life, Help me to testify by the way l live that You are Lord over my life. *Amen.*

_“But those who seek the Lord shall not lack any good thing.”_ *(Psalm 34: 11)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:40am On Jun 07, 2021

*DATE:* MONDAY, 7TH JUNE, 2021 *THEME:* SEEKING JESUS

*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 1: 35-42 *(NIV)*

35. The next day John was there again with two of his disciples.
36. When he saw Jesus passing by, he said, "Look, the Lamb of God!"
37. When the two disciples heard him say this, they followed Jesus.
38. Turning round, Jesus saw them following and asked, "What do you want?" They said, "Rabbi" _(which means Teacher),_ "where are you staying?"
39. "Come," he replied, "and you will see." So they went and saw where he was staying, and spent that day with him. It was about the tenth hour.
40. Andrew, Simon Peter's brother, was one of the two who heard what John had said and who had followed Jesus.
41. The first thing Andrew did was to find his brother Simon and tell him, "We have found the Messiah" _(that is, the Christ)._
42. And he brought him to Jesus. Jesus looked at him and said, "You are Simon son of John. You will be called Cephas" _(which, when translated, is Peter)._

John the Baptist continues to point his own followers to Jesus, 'the Lamb of God.' On this occasion, Andrew and an unnamed man come to Him and he turns and starts a conversation with them. Having experienced the attraction of Jesus, Andrew went and informed his brother Simon Peter. As soon as Simon encountered Jesus directly, his name was changed to Cephas _(Aramaic for Peter meaning stone)._ What a radical encounter. Jesus must have chosen such a name to show that Peter would be a formidable force in ministry.

The question Jesus asked is instructive for us; "what do you seek? It is a call for us to evaluate our motives and commitment to Jesus (John 6: 25ff). Some people come to Jesus for different selfish motives. Jesus sees and knows the best for us, all we need to do is draw near to Him and He will put us in our rightful place in God's agenda and plan for our lives.

Lord Jesus, may I seek You daily, find You, follow You and lead others to You. *Amen.*

_“And the Lord restored Job’s losses when he prayed for his friends. Indeed the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before … Now the Lord blessed the latter days of Job more than his beginning …”_ *(Job 42:10,12)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:02am On Jun 08, 2021

*DATE:* TUESDAY, 8TH JUNE, 2021 *THEME:* THE CALL TO BE A FOLLOWER OF JESUS

*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 1: 43-51 *(NIV)*

43. The next day Jesus decided to leave for Galilee. Finding Philip, he said to him, "Follow me."
44. Philip, like Andrew and Peter, was from the town of Bethsaida.
45. Philip found Nathanael and told him, "We have found the one Moses wrote about in the Law, and about whom the prophets also wrote--Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph."
46. "Nazareth! Can anything good come from there?" Nathanael asked. "Come and see," said Philip.
47. When Jesus saw Nathanael approaching, he said of him, "Here is a true Israelite, in whom there is nothing false."
48. "How do you know me?" Nathanael asked. Jesus answered, "I saw you while you were still under the fig-tree before Philip called you."
49. Then Nathanael declared, "Rabbi, you are the Son of God; you are the King of Israel."
50. Jesus said, "You believe because I told you I saw you under the fig-tree. You shall see greater things than that."
51. He then added, "I tell you the truth, you shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending on the Son of Man."

Jesus had begun to call His first disciples. On his way to Galilee, our Lord Jesus saw Philip, called him and he immediately began to follow him. Philip became a witness for Jesus as he shared his testimony with his friend, Nathaniel. Philip did not go into a lengthy talk with difficult theology. He simply told him about Jesus. Nathaniel was skeptical, 'can anything good come out of Nazareth? He must have thought that the Messiah would come from an important town like Jerusalem (the capital) or Bethlehem (the city of David). Philip responds, "Come and see for yourself." In spite or Nathaniel's prejudice, Jesus commends him for being a true Israelite, in whom there was no deceit. When Jesus told Nathaniel that He had seen him earlier, Nathaniel immediately acknowledged Jesus as the "Son of God and King of Israel."

As true believers, we should not let our prejudices and skepticisms stop us from following Jesus Christ. People meet Jesus with their deepest needs, anxieties, fears and burdens and He takes them away. We must examine ourselves in order not to be deceived by unreasonable prejudices in our human traditions, cultures, and secular ideologies. The nature of true Christianity is following in Jesus' steps and devoting ourselves to Him daily.

Almighty God, take away all my prejudices and hindrances from witnessing about You and help me never to hesitate to obey and follow You always. *Amen.*

_“Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.”_ *(Philippians 3:12)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:21am On Jun 09, 2021

*DATE:* WEDNESDAY, 9TH JUNE, 2021 *THEME:* JESUS SAVES THE BEST FOR THE LAST

*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 2: 1-12 *(NIV)*

1. On the third day a wedding took place at Cana in Galilee. Jesus' mother was there,
2. and Jesus and his disciples had also been invited to the wedding.
3. When the wine was gone, Jesus' mother said to him, "They have no more wine."
4. "Dear woman, why do you involve me?" Jesus replied. "My time has not yet come."
5. His mother said to the servants, "Do whatever he tells you."
6. Nearby stood six stone water jars, the kind used by the Jews for ceremonial washing, each holding from twenty to thirty gallons.
7. Jesus said to the servants, "Fill the jars with water"; so they filled them to the brim.
8. Then he told them, "Now draw some out and take it to the master of the banquet." They did so,
9. and the master of the banquet tasted the water that had been turned into wine. He did not realise where it had come from, though the servants who had drawn the water knew. Then he called the bridegroom aside
10. and said, "Everyone brings out the choice wine first and then the cheaper wine after the guests have had too much to drink; but you have saved the best till now."
11. This, the first of his miraculous signs, Jesus performed at Cana in Galilee. He thus revealed his glory, and his disciples put their faith in him.
12. After this he went down to Capernaum with his mother and brothers and his disciples. There they stayed for a few days.

Jesus, His mother, Mary and His disciples were invited to a wedding in Cana, Galilee. The wedding party ran out of wine an immediately the mother of Jesus drew His attention to the challenge. She was confident that He could provide solution to the problem. Jesus was hesitant, stating that His hour had not yet come. This was indicative that He was more concerned with spiritual rather than the social needs of the people. Mary, however, turned to the servants and instructed them, "whatever He says to you, do it." Jesus eventually instructed the servants to fill six jars with water and serve. The question was "why did you keep the best for the last?"

There is a time and season for everything under the heavens - though it was not yet Jesus' time, He still performed this first miracle to display His power over nature. The best decision anyone can make is to invite Jesus into his/her life - He turns situations around for good to those who believe in Him. As a Christian, who do you turn to when you face challenges? Do not also forget that the key to receiving blessings from the Lord is: "Whatever He tells you to do, do it!"

Thank you Jesus for I know that delay is never denial, help me to always trust in Your good plans for my life. Give me the grace to be obedient to Your word always. *Amen.*

_“I have fought the good fight of faith, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing.”_ *(2 Timothy 4:7)*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:16am On Jun 10, 2021

*DATE:* THURSDAY, 10TH JUNE, 2021 *THEME:* JESUS CLEANSES THE TEMPLE

*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 2: 13-25 *(NIV)*

13. Now the Passover of the Jews was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.
14. And He found in the temple those who sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the moneychangers doing business.
15. When He had made a whip of cords, He drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and the oxen, and poured out the changers' money and overturned the tables.
16. And He said to those who sold doves, "Take these things away! Do not make My Father's house a house of merchandise!"
17. Then His disciples remembered that it was written, "Zeal for Your house has eaten Me up."
18. So the Jews answered and said to Him, "What sign do You show to us, since You do these things?"
19. Jesus answered and said to them, "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up."
20. Then the Jews said, "It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?"
21. But He was speaking of the temple of His body.
22. Therefore, when He had risen from the dead, His disciples remembered that He had said this to them; and they believed the Scripture and the word which Jesus had said.
23. Now when He was in Jerusalem at the Passover, during the feast, many believed in His name when they saw the signs which He did.
24. But Jesus did not commit Himself to them, because He knew all [men,]
25. and had no need that anyone should testify of man, for He knew what was in man.

Jesus and His disciples went to Jerusalem for the Passover feast. Jesus was shocked and displeased to see that the temple had been converted to a market place. Money changers were conducting their business and others were selling animals usually used for sacrifices. Jesus immediately made a whip and began to chase them out of the temple and overturned their tables. He was angry at the dishonest and greedy practices of the merchants and money changers. By this practice, they had defiled God's temple.

The house of God must always be considered sacred an treated as such. Many use the house of God and the name of God for business; even the so called 'men of God' use subtle and ungodly means to raise funds in the house of God. The house of God should be a place of prayer and worship. Let us always seek first the kingdom of God and all the funds we need to build the physical structures will be granted us.

O Lord, help me to have genuine and unflinching zeal and respect for Your kingdom. *Amen.*

_“When you understand that life is a test, you realize that nothing is insignificant in your life.”_ — *Rick Warren*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:55am On Jun 11, 2021
THE DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL.* CHURCH OF NIGERIA _(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* FRIDAY, 11TH JUNE, 2021 *THEME:* LOVE AND CARE IN THE EARLY CHURCH

*BIBLE READING:* ACTS 4: 32-37 *(NIV)*

32. All the believers were one in heart and mind. No-one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they shared everything they had.
33. With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and much grace was upon them all.
34. There were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned lands or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales
35. and put it at the apostles' feet, and it was distributed to anyone as he had need.
36. Joseph, a Levite from Cyprus, whom the apostles called Barnabas (which means Son of Encouragement),
37. sold a field he owned and brought the money and put it at the apostles' feet.

The early church was a community church. It is interesting how the first believers lived their lives. Their life gives a sense of a communal life or a family unit. They cared about each other and demonstrated their love by their willingness to sacrifice their personal possessions. Remarkably, Barnabas which means 'son of consolation' or 'son of encouragement', sold his land and brought all the proceeds to the apostles for distribution. None of these Christians felt what they had was theirs and so were able to give and share, thereby eliminating poverty among them. They would not let a brother or sister suffer while others had plenty. As a result of the unity among them, the Apostles took care of both the physical and spiritual needs of the believers. As a result, they had great power and great grace manifesting amongst them.

The early church was able to share possession and property as a result of the unity brought by the Holy Spirit working in and through the believers' lives. Their desire was to please Christ and their mission was to preach the gospel to every creature. The reason we do not seem to share a powerful witness is simply because we have not lived out our Christian message of love. God expects us to love and share everything with our brothers and sisters as a living testimony to those outside the faith.

Father, build Your church and make us one in Your power in Jesus' Name. *Amen.*

_“Whoever is spared personal pain must feel himself called to help in diminishing the pain of others. We must all carry our share of the misery which lies upon the world.”_ - *Albert Schweitzer*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:36am On Jun 12, 2021

*DATE:* SATURDAY, 12TH JUNE, 2021 *THEME:* NICODEMUS AND THE NEW BIRTH

*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 3: 1-6 *(NIV)*

1. Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a member of the Jewish ruling council.
2. He came to Jesus at night and said, "Rabbi, we know you are a teacher who has come from God. For no-one could perform the miraculous signs you are doing if God were not with him."
3. In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no-one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again."
4. "How can a man be born when he is old?" Nicodemus asked. "Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb to be born!"
5. Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no-one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.
6. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.

The Pharisees were always antagonistic towards Jesus, but our text today shows a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, who was convinced that Jesus was a man from God. He was religious, educated, influential and a member of the Sanhedrin. He came to Jesus at night seeking to know the truth. He must have seen the signs and miracles Jesus had been doing and for that reason, he boldly said. "no one can do these signs...unless God is with him." Jesus' explanation to Nicodemus makes it plain that a man's natural birth does not assure him of the kingdom, neither do moral nor religious activities. Only being born of water and the Spirit gives assurance of eternal life.

By our first birth, we were corrupt and shaped in sin requiring that we need to be made new creatures. Without the new birth of the spirit, the flesh taints all works of righteousness. A man may personally cast away his vices, forsake his lusts and conquer his evil habits but only Jesus' sacrificial death on the cross gives assurance of salvation through spiritual renewal and rebirth. We do not enter the kingdom by living a better life but by being spiritually reborn.

O Lord, help me not to walk in human wisdom but to depend wholly on Your Spirit. *Amen.*

_“Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows; it empties today of its strength.”_ — *Corrie Ten Boom*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:38am On Jun 13, 2021

*DATE:* SUNDAY, 13TH JUNE, 2021 *THEME:* INTIMATE CONNECTION WITH CHRIST

*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 15: 6-11 *(NIV)*

6. If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned.
7. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you.
8. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.
9. "As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love.
10. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love.
11. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.

Jesus Christ is the True Vine; believers are the branches. According to Romans 11:18, Christ is the root which bears the tree, diffuses sap to it and is responsible for its truthfulness. Just as grapes can be produced only by remaining attached to the vine, we can only produce spiritual fruit that pleases the Father and thus be in the kingdom of God only if we remain attached to Jesus Christ. He did not only pay the penalty of our sins, but He also supplies the spiritual nourishment to produce fruit that glorifies the Father. Abiding in Christ means believing He is God's Son, receiving Him as Saviour and Lord. doing His will, continuing in faith and relating to the community of believers- the body of Christ.

Jesus invites one and all to come and have a relationship with Him. However, anyone who rejects this offer will be cut off like a branch and dry up. There is no special requirement to be a branch in Jesus' vine except to believe and abide in Him. He wants you to make Him your home, where you remain intimately connected and at peace. You can be your best self when you abide in Him. This is the only way you can live a joyful and fulfilled life.

Lord Jesus, help me to remain connected to You all through the troubles of life. *Amen.*

_"A woman's heart should be so hidden in God that a man has to seek Him just to find her." –_ *Max Lucado*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:36am On Jun 14, 2021

*DATE:* MONDAY, 14TH JUNE, 2021 *THEME:* WHAT IT MEANS TO BE BORN AGAIN

*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 3: 7-13 *(NIV)*

7. You should not be surprised at my saying,`You must be born again.'
8. The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit."
9. "How can this be?" Nicodemus asked.
10. "You are Israel's teacher," said Jesus, "and do you not understand these things?
11. I tell you the truth, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony.
12. I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things?
13. No-one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven--the Son of Man.

Jesus had been explaining to Nicodemus what it would take to be a part of the kingdom of God. The main requirement was to become born again. Jesus had further explained that being born again means one being born of water and the Spirit, that is, being baptised of water and the Holy Spirit. He must have been wondering what Jesus was talking about just as many still wonder today about salvation. It is a simple and yet profound event in every believer's life. Paul talks about believing with your heart and confessing with your lips (Rom. 10: 9-10).

No matter what status we have attained in society, like Nicodemus, we must first of all believe that Jesus came to save us from sins and accept His lordship over our lives. The mystery of being born again is like the wind, we cannot see it but we know and belive that it exist, so also the Holy Spirit will confirm in our hearts that we are children of God. It is important for Christians to understand what it means to be born again, so that we will not be like Nicodemus who was a Teacher in Israel and yet did not undertand spiritual things.

Lord help me to lay aside everything else that I am or have in order to learn at Your feet. *Amen.*

_"Always, everywhere God is present, and always He seeks to discover Himself to each one" —_ *A.W.Tozer*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:36am On Jun 15, 2021

*DATE:* TUESDAY, 15TH JUNE, 2021 *THEME:* LOOK TO JESUS AND LIVE

*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 3: 14-16 *(NIV)*

14. Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the desert, so the Son of Man must be lifted up,
15. that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.
16. "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Our Lord Jesus Christ makes a comparism between the Serpent (Num. 21: 4-9) which was lifted in the wilderness and Himself. As the serpent was lifted up, even so the Son of man was lifted up for our salvation. Christ has been lifted up and all who believe and look upon Him will be freed from sin and power of Satan. The Israelites had sinned, were dying, and there was nothing they could do to save themselves. God told Moses to do something very unusual - to make a bronze replica of a snake and put it on a high pole, so that all could see it. The person who was bitten must look on the bronze serpent lifted up high on the pole and not on himself or his wounds. He must look directly only and God's remedy. As the people obediently looked on the serpent which Moses lifted up in the wilderness, they were healed.

Everyone of us has been bitten by the serpent of sin, and when it is finished, the snake-bite brings forth death (James 1:15). God has a solution! Those who look to Jesus lifted up on the cross and believe in Him will not die but have everlasting life.

Thank You Jesus for the gift of eternal life and the price You paid for my salvation. *Amen.*

_"And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ."_ — *Philippians 1:6*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bimbo Odukoya Is Not In Hell: That Story You Heard Was Not True / Do You Know A Good Babalawo? / What Cindy Trimm Taught Pastor Chris Oyakhilome..Fake Move Of The Holy Ghost ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 265
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.