Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,138 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:57 AM

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) (8508 Views)

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2023 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2022 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:38am On Jun 16, 2021
*THE DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL.* CHURCH OF NIGERIA _(ANGLICAN COMMUNION)_

*DATE:* WEDNESDAY, 16TH JUNE, 2021 *THEME:* THE GIFT OF GOD TO THE WORLD

*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 3: 17-21 *(NIV)*

17. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
18. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.
19. This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.
20. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed.
21. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

Sin is the destructive element that has separated man from God. Rom. 3: 23 states clearly, "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." Our text today begins with the assurance that God sent His Son into the world not to condemn sinners but that through Him they might be saved from eternal death. This is indeed the good news - the essence of Jesus redemptive work.

You are no longer condemned. Believing in God's finished work of grace through Christ exempts a man from condemnation. Jesus is the light of the world. All who practise evil hate the light because it exposes their evil deeds. Children of God represent Jesus as the light of the world in their various locations of residence and business. Are you the light in your place of work or residence? do people know as somebody who speaks the truth? Do people see Jesus? Please go and be the light of the world today.

*PRAYER:*
Thank You Lord for the gift of salvation; enable me to shine for Jesus in whatever I do. *Amen.*

*Daily Fountain Quote of the Day*

_"And I say to you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened to you. For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth, and to him that knocketh it shall be opened."_ — *Luke 11:9-10*

Credits: Daily Fountain Devotional

NOTE:Pls visit my Facebook page below on my signature and contact me for any property of your choice. IT'S 100% SAFE AND SECURED
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:31am On Jun 17, 2021

*DATE:* THURSDAY, 17TH JUNE, 2021 *THEME:* BEING CONTENT

*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 3: 22-29 *(NIV)*

22. After this, Jesus and his disciples went out into the Judean countryside, where he spent some time with them, and baptised.
23. Now John also was baptising at Aenon near Salim, because there was plenty of water, and people were constantly coming to be baptised.
24. (This was before John was put in prison.)
25. An argument developed between some of John's disciples and a certain Jew over the matter of ceremonial washing.
26. They came to John and said to him, "Rabbi, that man who was with you on the other side of the Jordan--the one you testified about--well, he is baptising, and everyone is going to him."
27. To this John replied, "A man can receive only what is given him from heaven.
28. You yourselves can testify that I said,`I am not the Christ but am sent ahead of him.'
29. The bride belongs to the bridegroom. The friend who attends the bridegroom waits and listens for him, and is full of joy when he hears the bridegroom's voice. That joy is mine, and it is now complete.

John the Baptist, a forerunner of Jesus preached the baptism of repentance for the remission of sin. In our text today, His disciples brought a report that Jesus was baptising and all the people were going to him. John in humility explained to them that he would only operate within his God-given ministry because one cannot receive anything except it is given from above. John made it clear that he was not the Christ but was only sent to herald the coming of the Christ. John expressed his joy being full as Jesus began His ministry: he likened it to that of a friend to the bridegroom, who rejoices with the bridegroom.

Today, the body of Christ and the work of God continue to suffer because of unnecessary controversies, rivalries, "pull-him-down" syndrome (PHD). To be more effective, the body of Christ should strive for greater unity in pulling down every strong-hold of Satan. We must be content with our spiritual gift and not compare ourselves with others. It shows immaturity and leads to envy and spiritual pride. Like John, we should operate our God-given talents in humility.

Please Lord; Help me to be content with my gift and service in Your vineyard. *Amen.*

_"And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus." —_ *Philippians 4:19*

NOTE:Pls visit my Facebook page below on my signature and contact me for any property of your choice. IT'S 100% SAFE AND SECURED
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:26am On Jun 18, 2021

*DATE:* FRIDAY, 18TH JUNE, 2021 *THEME:* JOHN- A HALLMARK OF HUMILITY

*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 3: 30-36 *(NIV)*

30. He must become greater; I must become less.
31. "The one who comes from above is above all; the one who is from the earth belongs to the earth, and speaks as one from the earth. The one who comes from heaven is above all.
32. He testifies to what he has seen and heard, but no-one accepts his testimony.
33. The man who has accepted it has certified that God is truthful.
34. For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God gives the Spirit without limit.
35. The Father loves the Son and has placed everything in his hands.
36. Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him."

In our text today, John promotes Jesus to the world in real terms- from personal and revealed knowledge about Him. John in his testimony acknowledges Jesus' superiority over him. He was not consumed by the lust for self-glory. He distinctly asserted that he must decrease while Christ alone must increase. Humility is a priceless virtue. In Luke 7:28, Jesus acknowledges that "amongst those born of women, there is no greater prophet than John the Baptist yet John was humble enough to say that He (Jesus) must increase while he must decrease.

Are you already exulting in self-glory because of the seeming exploits God is doing through you? Remember that pride goes before destruction (Prov. 16:18). Take a moment and learn from John-allow Jesus to increase in your life while self decreases. Accept the testimony of Jesus as the Son of God and you will have everlasting life. If however you rebuff this testimony, you will see the wrath of God. Note that religion does not save. Only Jesus can save.

Lord, please make me humble, because You will never share Your glory with any man. *Amen.*

_"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies."–_ *Mother Teresa*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:40am On Jun 19, 2021

*DATE:* SATURDAY, 19TH JUNE, 2021 *THEME:* DISMANTLING EVERY WALL OF DISCRIMINATION

*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 4: 1-8 *(NIV)*

1. The Pharisees heard that Jesus was gaining and baptising more disciples than John,
2. although in fact it was not Jesus who baptised, but his disciples.
3. When the Lord learned of this, he left Judea and went back once more to Galilee.
4. Now he had to go through Samaria.
5. So he came to a town in Samaria called Sychar, near the plot of ground Jacob had given to his son Joseph.
6. Jacob's well was there, and Jesus, tired as he was from the journey, sat down by the well. It was about the sixth hour.
7. When a Samaritan woman came to draw water, Jesus said to her, "Will you give me a drink?"
8. (His disciples had gone into the town to buy food.)

In ancient Israel, the Jews ordinarily had no dealing with the Samaritans. Thirsty and wearied from His journey from Judea back to Galilee, Jesus, being a Jew, asked for a drink from a woman of Samaria. There is something about the way Jesus lived that challenges our sentiments and biases. He shakes our worldview, cultures and traditions. He broke the gender taboo of Jewish men not talking to a woman in public and also the cultural hostility between Jews and Samaritans. Jesus did not allow the prevailing bias of His time to prevent Him from striking a conversation with a woman in need of spiritual restoration.

True Christian living would demand the dismantling of every wall of division - religion, tribe, denomination, class, gender etc. Do not judge people, instead show them love. We tend to look down on others who are not part of our clique, tribe, gender, denomination, etc. But we must remember Jesus' advice: "Why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your eye?" No matter how sinful you consider someone else to be, do not write them off. Something good can still flow out of their life. God can use any person, as long as they yield to Him.

Lord Jesus, I pray against all forms of discrimination in my life. May Your love prevail in my life. *Amen.*

_"Christ literally walked in our shoes."–_ *Tim Keller*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:03am On Jun 21, 2021

*DATE:* MONDAY, 21ST JUNE, 2021 *THEME:* JESUS- THE LIVING WATER

*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 4: 9-15 *(NIV)*

9. Then the woman of Samaria said to Him, "How is it that You, being a Jew, ask a drink from me, a Samaritan woman?" For Jews have no dealings with Samaritans.
10. Jesus answered and said to her, "If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, 'Give Me a drink,' you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water."
11. The woman said to Him, "Sir, You have nothing to draw with, and the well is deep. Where then do You get that living water?
12. "Are You greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well, and drank from it himself, as well as his sons and his livestock?"
13. Jesus answered and said to her, "Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again,
14. "but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life."
15. The woman said to Him, "Sir, give me this water, that I may not thirst, nor come here to draw."

Preaching the gospel was at the heart of Jesus. In Acts 1:8, He instructed His disciples to carry the gospel to Judea, Samaria and to the ends of the earth. Jesus sets the foundation in our text today as He reached out to a Samaritan woman. Jesus had asked her for a drink (v.7). She was shocked and replied, "How is it that You, being a Jew ask a drink from me, a Samaritan woman?" She said this because Jews had no dealings with Samaritans. In the conversation, Jesus reveals that there is a different kind of water He offers - the Living Water whoever drinks of it will never thirst again. This Living Water becomes a fountain of water springing into eternal life. The woman not understanding what Jesus meant, asked for this water.

Jesus Christ is the Living Water. Life outside of Him is void and futile. Only He can bring true meaning and balance to our lives. When you drink of Him, you will have abundant life that becomes a spring to affect others around you. He invites everyone: Come and quench your spiritual thirst! Will you come?

Lord Jesus, may Your Living water flow out of my life that I may never thirst again. *Amen.*

_"Faith does not eliminate questions. But faith knows where to take them."—_ *Elisabeth Elliot*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:09am On Jun 22, 2021

*DATE:* TUESDAY, 22ND JUNE, 2021 *THEME:* GOD KNOWS IT ALL

*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 4: 16-19 *(NIV)*

16. He told her, "Go, call your husband and come back."
17. "I have no husband," she replied. Jesus said to her, "You are right when you say you have no husband.
18. The fact is, you have had five husbands, and the man you now have is not your husband. What you have just said is quite true."
19. "Sir," the woman said, "I can see that you are a prophet.

The conversation takes a new dimension today. Jesus got at the real need of the woman. He said to her "Go, call your husband, and come here." The woman answered that she had no husband. Jesus commended her for a true answer. He gave her details of her supposedly 'private life.' She perceived that Jesus was a prophet, for He told her everything about her past and present in that life- changing encounter at Jacob's well. How could a man have known her this well? She must have wondered! This perhaps is quite instructive for us today.

God is the Omniscient; we do not need to hide anything from Him; He already knows everything about us. God knows about your present brokenness, pains, silent struggles, frustrations, disappointments, delays, unfulfilled dreams, marital struggles, academic failures, career limitations, etc., - He knows them all! The good news is this: God is not only interested in knowing all these: He is committed and more than able to mend the broken pieces of our life. Ask Him to take over and see what He will make out of your life today. The Hymn writer reminds us: 'Oh what needless pain we bear, all because we do not carry everything to God in prayer.' In 1 Peter 5:7, the Scriptures admonish thus, "casting all your cares on Him, because He cares for you."

Thank You Lord. for You know my deepest desires, help me to cast all my cares on You. *Amen.*

_"Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called and about which you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses."—_ *1Timothy 6:12*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:29am On Jun 23, 2021

*DATE:* WEDNESDAY, 23RD JUNE, 2021 *THEME:* TRUE WORSHIP OF GOD

*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 4: 20-24 *(NIV)*

20. Our fathers worshipped on this mountain, but you Jews claim that the place where we must worship is in Jerusalem."
21. Jesus declared, "Believe me, woman, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem.
22. You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews.
23. Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshippers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshippers the Father seeks.
24. God is spirit, and his worshippers must worship in spirit and in truth."

After perceiving that Jesus was a Prophet, the Samaritan woman now presented the prevailing controversy of a place of worship between the Jews and Samaritans. Separate places of worship had been set up due to the enmity between both cultures. Jesus clears their misplaced priority: It is not the place of worship, but the knowledge of God (the object of worship), that should take priority. Jesus went on to reveal that God is Spirit, and the true worshippers must worship in spirit and truth. God desires sincere, undivided worship from believers in all nations.

Today, the argument of which is the best church to worship in, is tearing apart the Body of Christ. Some go as far as classifying other churches other than theirs as 'dead.’ Do you know the God you worship? Do you have a relationship with Him? If you really do, you will not fret over anything because the Everlasting God is in perfect control and has authority over every situation. He demands the totality of your life to worship in sincerity. True worship is the only pathway to enduring spiritual blessedness.

Holy Spirit of God, release the spirit of true worship in me. *Amen.*

_"God does not give us everything we want, but He does fulfill His promises, leading us along the best and straightest paths to Himself."–_ *Dietrich Bonhoeffer*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:27am On Jun 24, 2021

*DATE:* THURSDAY, 24TH JUNE, 2021 _*(Nativity of John the Baptist)*_ *THEME:* THE BIRTH AND CIRCUMCISION OF JOHN THE BAPTIST

*BIBLE READING:* LUKE 1: 57-80 *(NIV)*

57. When it was time for Elizabeth to have her baby, she gave birth to a son.
58. Her neighbours and relatives heard that the Lord had shown her great mercy, and they shared her joy.
59. On the eighth day they came to circumcise the child, and they were going to name him after his father Zechariah,
60. but his mother spoke up and said, "No! He is to be called John."
61. They said to her, "There is no-one among your relatives who has that name."
62. Then they made signs to his father, to find out what he would like to name the child.
63. He asked for a writing tablet, and to everyone's astonishment he wrote, "His name is John."
64. Immediately his mouth was opened and his tongue was loosed, and he began to speak, praising God.
65. The neighbours were all filled with awe, and throughout the hill country of Judea people were talking about all these things.
66. Everyone who heard this wondered about it, asking, "What then is this child going to be?" For the Lord's hand was with him.
67. His father Zechariah was filled with the Holy Spirit and prophesied:
68. "Praise be to the Lord, the God of Israel, because he has come and has redeemed his people.
69. He has raised up a horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David
70. (as he said through his holy prophets of long ago),
71. salvation from our enemies and from the hand of all who hate us--
72. to show mercy to our fathers and to remember his holy covenant,
73. the oath he swore to our father Abraham:
74. to rescue us from the hand of our enemies, and to enable us to serve him without fear
75. in holiness and righteousness before him all our days.
76. And you, my child, will be called a prophet of the Most High; for you will go on before the Lord to prepare the way for him,
77. to give his people the knowledge of salvation through the forgiveness of their sins,
78. because of the tender mercy of our God, by which the rising sun will come to us from heaven
79. to shine on those living in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the path of peace."
80. And the child grew and became strong in spirit; and he lived in the desert until he appeared publicly to Israel.

The birth of John the Baptist brought great joy to the family and neighborhood. mainly because the mother had him at old age as prophesied to his father. At his naming, eight days after, the people would have named him Zachariah, after his father but for Elizabeth's blunt refusal because of the prophecy concerning his birth. A name is what distinguishes one from another. Names are very important and powerful, so much so that they can affect a man's destiny either for good or bad. In John's case, the name was given by the angel Gabriel and that was why the mother vehemently refused that he should be called Zachariah - the name of his father. Zachariah was invited and he confirmed the name in writing. He wrote "His name is John", and suddenly recovered his speech. Bursting into prophecy, he gave us the praise chant called Benedictus' (vv. 68-79), which has two parts: (a) The fulfillment of the promise of redemption in the gift of Christ Jesus (60-75, 78-79). and (b) Ministry of John the Baptist (76-77).

In the scriptures, God had to change some people's names before they could step into the fullness of their purpose and divine mandate (Abram to Abraham, Sarai to Sarah, Jacob to Israel). It is possible that people may have wrongly named you because of your background and present challenges; you must reject names that do not align with your faith or with what God calls you in His word. This is because you are the apple of God's eye. a royal priesthood, a holy nation, blessed beyond curse, the seed of Abraham, holy, wonderfully and fearfully made.

Lord I dissociate myself and family from the effect of every negative name. *Amen.*

_"God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him"—_ *John Piper*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:22am On Jun 25, 2021

*DATE:* FRIDAY, 25TH JUNE, 2021 *THEME:* BE AN EVANGELIST

*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 4: 25-30 *(NIV)*

25. The woman said, "I know that Messiah" (called Christ) "is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us."
26. Then Jesus declared, "I who speak to you am he."
27. Just then his disciples returned and were surprised to find him talking with a woman. But no-one asked, "What do you want?" or "Why are you talking with her?"
28. Then, leaving her water jar, the woman went back to the town and said to the people,
29. "Come, see a man who told me everything I ever did. Could this be the Christ?"
30. They came out of the town and made their way towards him.

In our text, we see Jesus continuing His discussions with the woman of Samaria. She was gradually grasping the reality that she was not talking with an ordinary person. Not done yet though, she made haste to remind Jesus she knew a bit of Scriptures. "I know that the Messiah is coming, when He comes, He will tell us all things (v.25). Jesus quickly revealed Himself: "I who speak to you, am He." She immediately left her water pot and made her way to the city to invite people to come and see the Christ.

Dear reader, have you had an encounter with Jesus? It is possible that your neighbour is only waiting for your testimony in order to come to Jesus. Do you know that your testimony of how God saved you from the grip of sin may be all that heaven is depending on to draw more people into the kingdom? Do not keep it to yourself; there is a reason why God delivered you from that miry clay and planted your feet on the solid rock. Share that testimony now, someone next to you is in line for a life transforming experience! Be an evangelist.

Father use me today to reach out in love to someone in need of salvation. *Amen.*

_"God loves each of us as if there were only one of us"—_ *Augustine*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:37am On Jun 26, 2021

*DATE:* SATURDAY, 26TH JUNE, 2021 *THEME:* MY FOOD: DOING THE WILL OF THE FATHER

*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 4: 31-38 *(NIV)*

31. Meanwhile his disciples urged him, "Rabbi, eat something."
32. But he said to them, "I have food to eat that you know nothing about."
33. Then his disciples said to each other, "Could someone have brought him food?"
34. "My food," said Jesus, "is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work.
35. Do you not say,`Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest.
36. Even now the reaper draws his wages, even now he harvests the crop for eternal life, so that the sower and the reaper may be glad together.
37. Thus the saying`One sows and another reaps' is true.
38. I sent you to reap what you have not worked for. Others have done the hard work, and you have reaped the benefits of their labour."

Jesus' disciples returned from the city of Sychar where they went to buy food and urged Jesus to eat. But while they talked of physical food, Jesus talked to them of spiritual food. Jesus was consumed with a different kind of passion. Jesus' pre-occupation was to maximise time: To preach the gospel, bring in harvests and prepare men and women for eternal life. His zeal and commitment to the business of the Father was astounding. Though physically hungry at that time. He would not miss the opportunity to share His father's love with the Samaritans because of food. He was completely sold out to His purpose and mission.

You may never know what the kingdom of God stands to gain from the little time you give up on food, leisure and game in order to preach the Good News to someone. Do you sometimes downplay the urgency for evangelism for the sake of bread or other material comfort? The seed of the word you are able to plant in someone's life may bring immeasurable harvest in the future. In John 9:4, Jesus said I must work the works of Him who sent Me, while it is day; the night is coming when no one can work." How deep is your conviction? How committed are you to the father's business? It is high time you got serious in the place of your primary assignment in the kingdom.

Lord Jesus, rekindle my zeal to preach the Gospel, and send labourers into Your vineyard. *Amen.*

_"God never said that the journey would be easy, but He did say that the arrival would be worthwhile"–_ *Max Lucado*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:29am On Jun 28, 2021

*DATE:* MONDAY, 28TH JUNE, 2021
*THEME:* SHARE YOUR PERSONAL TESTIMONY

*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 4: 34-45 *(NIV)*

34. "My food," said Jesus, "is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work.
35. Do you not say,`Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest.
36. Even now the reaper draws his wages, even now he harvests the crop for eternal life, so that the sower and the reaper may be glad together.
37. Thus the saying`One sows and another reaps' is true.
38. I sent you to reap what you have not worked for. Others have done the hard work, and you have reaped the benefits of their labour."
39. Many of the Samaritans from that town believed in him because of the woman's testimony, "He told me everything I ever did."
40. So when the Samaritans came to him, they urged him to stay with them, and he stayed two days.
41. And because of his words many more became believers.
42. They said to the woman, "We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Saviour of the world."
43. After the two days he left for Galilee.
44. (Now Jesus himself had pointed out that a prophet has no honour in his own country.)
45. When he arrived in Galilee, the Galileans welcomed him. They had seen all that he had done in Jerusalem at the Passover Feast, for they also had been there.

It is usually a joyful experience to share one's testimony of faith; it motivates and challenges others to want to experience the same joy. The Samaritan woman had shared her personal testimony to others and that drew them close to Jesus. The people, after meeting with Jesus, now exclaimed, "Now we believe, not because of what you said, for we ourselves have heard Him and we know that this is Indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world. "It is best that we make a committed effort to hear the word for ourselves so that our experiences become deep and more convincing.

There is no substitute to a personal encounter with Jesus. In this age where people anchor their spirituality on the faith of their church fathers and G.O's, it is important that you draw near and hear Jesus on a more personal level. The Samaritan woman and others in the gospels had personal encounter with Jesus and could not help but speak to others of the life-changing experience. Have you had a genuine personal encounter with Jesus? Then, share your testimony to others and encourage them!

Lord, thank You for my faith walk: Give me the courage to share my testimony to all those around me. *Amen.*

_"God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supplies."–_ *Hudson Taylor*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:07am On Jun 29, 2021
*Anglican Daily Fountain Devotional 29th June 2021*

Tuesday Message
Topic: *Do You Know Jesus?*

*TEXT*: Matthew 16:13-20(NKJV)
13. When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, “Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?”
14. So they said, “Some [say] John the Baptist, some Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.”

He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?”
Simon Peter answered and said, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”
Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed [this] to you, but My Father who is in heaven.
“And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.

“And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”

Then He commanded His disciples that they should tell no one that He was Jesus the Christ.

*STUDY*: While on their way to the region of Caesarea Philippi, Jesus wanted to know the disciples’ opinion on His identity. First, He asked them who other people said He was. They gave Him various answers Then He narrowed it to them and asked – You, yourselves, who do you say I am?’ Peter immediately answered, “You are Christ, the Son of the living God.” Jesus commended Peter for that spiritual revelation, saying that it came from his Father in heaven.

Today, the Holy Spirit is asking the same question: Who really is Jesus to you? Do you know Him? Knowing Jesus is much more than religion. It is about becoming one with him and conforming daily to the image of His likeness. St Paul in Philipp 3:10 cried out: “7hat I may know him…being made conformable 10 the image of His death. “You must come to the Father through the Son for you to truly know Him. Are you born again? Does Jesu
us reign sovereign in your life?

PRAYER: Dear Lord, please reveal Yourself to me daily as I live. Amen.

“Good works do not make a good man, but a good man does good works.” – Martin Luther

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:29am On Jun 30, 2021

*DATE:* WEDNESDAY, 30TH JUNE, 2021 *THEME:* EXERCISE YOUR FAITH

*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 4: 46-54 *(NIV)*

46. Once more he visited Cana in Galilee, where he had turned the water into wine. And there was a certain royal official whose son lay sick at Capernaum.
47. When this man heard that Jesus had arrived in Galilee from Judea, he went to him and begged him to come and heal his son, who was close to death.
48. "Unless you people see miraculous signs and wonders," Jesus told him, "you will never believe."
49. The royal official said, "Sir, come down before my child dies."
50. Jesus replied, "You may go. Your son will live." The man took Jesus at his word and departed.
51. While he was still on the way, his servants met him with the news that his boy was living.
52. When he enquired as to the time when his son got better, they said to him, "The fever left him yesterday at the seventh hour."
53. Then the father realised that this was the exact time at which Jesus had said to him, "Your son will live." So he and all his household believed.
54. This was the second miraculous sign that Jesus performed, having come from Judea to Galilee.

It is amazing to note that in the Scriptures, Jesus was always on the move. Acts 4:38 emphasised that Jesus went around doing good and healing people. Today's text gives us another miraculous encounter. A nobleman approached Jesus to come heal his son who was at the point of death. Jesus commented that "This generation refuses to believe unless there are miracles", meaning we only believe what we see with our eyes instead of walking by faith. Unlike the story of the centurion (Matt. 8:5-13) who just wanted Jesus to speak the word of healing, this man insisted that Jesus come to his house to heal his son. Jesus consented and spoke the word of healing, "Your Son lives!

We have to realise that faith is the key that unlocks and activates the supernatural. Believing the word of the Lord is a prerequisite to receiving anything we ask. Whenever we exercise faith in God's Word, we position ourselves for divine visitation. Abraham believed God at a time that his physical limitations did not align with God's promises. Nevertheless, those physical limitations did not hinder God's promises from coming to fruition. God's Word never returns void; it always accomplishes its purpose (lsaiah 55:11). Hold on to God's unchanging Word today and exercise your faith

Lord, thank You for the gift of faith; Help me increase and exercise my faith. *Amen.*

_"Having the answers is not essential to living. What is essential is the sense of God's presence during dark seasons of questioning."—_ *Ravi Zacharias*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:05am On Jul 01, 2021

*DATE:* THURSDAY, 1ST JULY, 2021 *THEME:* OLD THINGS MUST PASS AWAY

*BIBLE READING:* DEUTERONOMY 12: 1-12 *(NIV)*

1. These are the decrees and laws you must be careful to follow in the land that the LORD, the God of your fathers, has given you to possess--as long as you live in the land.
2. Destroy completely all the places on the high mountains and on the hills and under every spreading tree where the nations you are dispossessing worship their gods.
3. Break down their altars, smash their sacred stones and burn their Asherah poles in the fire; cut down the idols of their gods and wipe out their names from those places.
4. You must not worship the LORD your God in their way.
5. But you are to seek the place the LORD your God will choose from among all your tribes to put his Name there for his dwelling. To that place you must go;
6. there bring your burnt offerings and sacrifices, your tithes and special gifts, what you have vowed to give and your freewill offerings, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks.
7. There, in the presence of the LORD your God, you and your families shall eat and shall rejoice in everything you have put your hand to, because the LORD your God has blessed you.
8. You are not to do as we do here today, everyone as he sees fit,
9. since you have not yet reached the resting place and the inheritance the LORD your God is giving you.
10. But you will cross the Jordan and settle in the land the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, and he will give you rest from all your enemies around you so that you will live in safety.
11. Then to the place the LORD your God will choose as a dwelling for his Name--there you are to bring everything I command you: your burnt offerings and sacrifices, your tithes and special gifts, and all the choice possessions you have vowed to the LORD.
12. And there rejoice before the LORD your God, you, your sons and daughters, your menservants and maidservants, and the Levites from your towns, who have no allotment or inheritance of their own.

In any institution of learning or organisation. There are rules and regulations guiding the conduct of students or employees. In the same vein, walking with God demands observance of guiding principles to allow for enriching fellowship with Him. Moses, in our text today, charged Israel on some special obligations placed on them when they entered the Promised Land. They were instructed to utterly destroy all relics and remains of idolatry found in the land (w. 1-3). They must bring all their offerings to the altar of God and all their holy things to the place which He would choose (vv 6.7,11,12). They were also forbidden to do what they did in the wilderness (Vv. 8-11). These instructions were to enhance an abiding fellowship with the God who brought them out of Egypt and to prevent them from falling back into idolatry.

This agrees with the teaching of Jesus that we must not put a new wine into an old wine skin. When you give your life to Christ, you must strive to do away with your old sinful life such as drunkenness, adultery, fornication, etc (1 Cor. 6:9). As Christians we must put away all things which tend to draw us from the worship of God and encourage all which lead us to cleave to and obey Him. II Cor. 5:17 says "Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation, old things have passed away; behold all things have become new. " Any attempt to bring your old way of life into your new found faith in Christ is a deception. Do not be caught unawares.

Lord, give me grace to do away with my old sinful habits and put on the new man after Christ's likeness, in Jesus Name
*Amen.*

_"He said "Love...as I have loved you." We cannot love too much."—_ *Amy Carmichael*

�� *HAPPY NEW MONTH* ��
*_In the second half of year 2021 and always, your health will not fail you. God will heal your wounds. Wherever you have been rejected you shall be duly restored. Great doors shall open to you and all yours in Jesus Mighty Name._* *Amen.*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:09am On Jul 02, 2021

*DATE:* FRIDAY, 2ND JULY, 2021
*THEME:* WATCH WHERE YOU WORSHIP

*BIBLE READING:* DEUTERONOMY 12: 13-28 *(NIV)*

13. Be careful not to sacrifice your burnt offerings anywhere you please.
14. Offer them only at the place the LORD will choose in one of your tribes, and there observe everything I command you.
15. Nevertheless, you may slaughter your animals in any of your towns and eat as much of the meat as you want, as if it were gazelle or deer, according to the blessing the LORD your God gives you. Both the ceremonially unclean and the clean may eat it.
16. But you must not eat the blood; pour it out on the ground like water.
17. You must not eat in your own towns the tithe of your grain and new wine and oil, or the firstborn of your herds and flocks, or whatever you have vowed to give, or your freewill offerings or special gifts.
18. Instead, you are to eat them in the presence of the LORD your God at the place the LORD your God will choose--you, your sons and daughters, your menservants and maidservants, and the Levites from your towns--and you are to rejoice before the LORD your God in everything you put your hand to.
19. Be careful not to neglect the Levites as long as you live in your land.
20. When the LORD your God has enlarged your territory as he promised you, and you crave meat and say, "I would like some meat," then you may eat as much of it as you want.
21. If the place where the LORD your God chooses to put his Name is too far away from you, you may slaughter animals from the herds and flocks the LORD has given you, as I have commanded you, and in your own towns you may eat as much of them as you want.
22. Eat them as you would gazelle or deer. Both the ceremonially unclean and the clean may eat.
23. But be sure you do not eat the blood, because the blood is the life, and you must not eat the life with the meat.
24. You must not eat the blood; pour it out on the ground like water.
25. Do not eat it, so that it may go well with you and your children after you, because you will be doing what is right in the eyes of the LORD.
26. But take your consecrated things and whatever you have vowed to give, and go to the place the LORD will choose.
27. Present your burnt offerings on the altar of the LORD your God, both the meat and the blood. The blood of your sacrifices must be poured beside the altar of the LORD your God, but you may eat the meat.
28. Be careful to obey all these regulations I am giving you, so that it may always go well with you and your children after you, because you will be doing what is good and right in the eyes of the LORD your God.

As a follow up to yesterday's meditation, Moses listed to the Israelites, what true worship entails as commanded by God. They must not worship anywhere or anyhow but must worship and offer their burnt offerings in a place chosen by God (vv. 13-14). In other words, they were to carry out their corporate spiritual activities in such a place dedicated for that purpose.

This is a clear warning to Christians today. Although it is true that the concept of "Ecclesia" refers primarily to the people and not the place of worship, it is also important to remember that God desires to have His people worship Him in hallowed and dedicated places. As Christians, we must watch where we worship and under which shepherd. This is necessary for our spiritual health. The Israelites were admonished not to eat blood (v.25); blood is the emblem of life. The lsraelites were to offer it to God as a means of atonement for their sins. However, the blood of Jesus, shed on the cross at Calvary had made atonement for our sins once and for all. There is no more sacrifice for sin. (Heb. 9:12-14; 10:4; 10-12). No one can become a member of God's Church except by the cleansing of the blood of Jesus Christ from sin. When forgiven sinners (saints) gather to worship and particularly in a place dedicated to God, there will be an expression of God's glory. Learn to worship God in the beauty of His holiness.

Oh Lord, Help us to worship You in spirit and in truth in Jesus' Name. *Amen.*

_"He who lays up treasures on earth spends his life backing away from his treasures. To him, death is loss. He who lays up treasures in heaven looks forward to eternity; he's moving daily toward his treasures. To him, death is gain."–_ *Randy Alcorn*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 7:02am On Jul 03, 2021

*DATE:* SATURDAY, 3RD JULY, 2021 _*(Saint Thomas the Apostle)*_ *THEME:* DO NOT BE UNBELIEVING BUT BELIEVING

*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 20: 24-29 *(NIV)*

24. Now Thomas (called Didymus), one of the Twelve, was not with the disciples when Jesus came.
25. So the other disciples told him, "We have seen the Lord!" But he said to them, "Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe it."
26. A week later his disciples were in the house again, and Thomas was with them. Though the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you!"
27. Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe."
28. Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!"
29. Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

To believe is to have faith in someone or something; to consider a statement to be true. Our text reveals a post-resurrection appearance of Jesus to His disciples who were behind closed doors for fear of the Jews (v. 19). What a comforting experience to the disciples who had been disillusioned, downcast and sad. He appeared to them to prove that He is risen, to encourage them and to bless them (vv. 20-21). Alas, Thomas was not there to share in the all-enriching experience. Other disciples related the experience to him but he insisted "unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side. I will not believe" (v.25). Eight days later, Jesus appeared again to rebuke his unbelief (vv. 26-27) with the words - "Do not be unbelieving but believing... "(v.27).

Though we are grateful to God for Apostle Thomas' action which proved to us beyond every reasonable doubt that the person who appeared to the disciples was Jesus and not an impostor as some critics would want us to believe, yet Jesus rebuked his unbelief. There is need for us to know whom we believe. Do you know whom you believe? Who is Christ to you?. Thomas had followed Jesus for about three years, yet he doubted Jesus' ability to rise from the dead. Do not fall into the error of Thomas. Believe in the death and resurrection of Jesus and be saved. Jesus says- "Blesse are those who have not seen and yet believe " (John 20:29).

Lord, help me to know and trust You more, in Jesus Name. *Amen.*

_"I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." -_ *Philippians 3:14*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:27am On Jul 05, 2021

*DATE:* MONDAY, 5TH JULY, 2021 *THEME:* TAKE HEED TO YOURSELF
*BIBLE READING:* DEUTERONOMY 12: 29-32 *(NIV)*

29. The LORD your God will cut off before you the nations you are about to invade and dispossess. But when you have driven them out and settled in their land,
30. and after they have been destroyed before you, be careful not to be ensnared by enquiring about their gods, saying, "How do these nations serve their gods? We will do the same."
31. You must not worship the LORD your God in their way, because in worshipping their gods, they do all kinds of detestable things the LORD hates. They even burn their sons and daughters in the fire as sacrifices to their gods.
32. See that you do all I command you; do not add to it or take away from it.

The instructions of the Lord are always clear for those who are prepared to do His will. The Lord gave a clear warning to the Israelites not to get involved in the worship of foreign gods. They were not to embrace the practice of other nations in serving and worshipping idols (vv. 29-31) because their time in Egypt had shown them that local deities expect their dues of all who inhabit country where they exhibit their powers. The Israelites were warned to take heed in order not to slide into the idolatrous living like other nations. This was a timely admonition for the Israelites even before they settled in the Promised Land.

Beloved in Christ, the Lord is equally admonishing you and of course all Christians, to take heed to yourself and shun ever besetting sin which easily ensnares us. Today we engage in several forms of idolatrous behaviour such as pursuit of wealth, fashion, entertainment, position, etc., which may rob us of our salvation. The Bible says "Therefore we also, since we are surrounded with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight and the sin which so easily ensnares us and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us" (Heb. 12:1). 1Cor. 10:12 enjoins us "let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall." Let us give earnest heed to these warnings so that we will not drift away from the grace of salvation.

Father, Give me grace to follow You without wavering till the end in Jesus' Name. *Amen.*

_"I've learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions and not on our circumstances." -_ *Martha Washington*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:46am On Jul 06, 2021

*DATE:* TUESDAY, 6TH JULY, 2021 *THEME:* BEWARE OF FALSE PROPHETS
*BIBLE READING:* DEUTERONOMY 13: 1-5 *(NIV)*

1. If a prophet, or one who foretells by dreams, appears among you and announces to you a miraculous sign or wonder,
2. and if the sign or wonder of which he has spoken takes place, and he says, "Let us follow other gods" (gods you have not known) "and let us worship them,"
3. you must not listen to the words of that prophet or dreamer. The LORD your God is testing you to find out whether you love him with all your heart and with all your soul.
4. It is the LORD your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him.
5. That prophet or dreamer must be put to death, because he preached rebellion against the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt and redeemed you from the land of slavery; he has tried to turn you from the way the LORD your God commanded you to follow. You must purge the evil from among you.

Yesterday, we read how the Lord cautioned the Israelites against Idolatry in Egypt; today the Lord decided to warn of the perils of idolatry. God specifically made it clear that the only thing a false prophet could do in their midst was to lead them into idolatry: the worship of other gods (Vv. 1-3). It is clear from today's passage that any prophet that directs or points people to other deities apart from God Almighty, is a false prophet. Similarly in the New Testament, it is written that any spirit that does not acknowledge that Jesus Christ came in the flesh is a spirit of Antichrist (1John 4:1-3). In his farewell message to the disciples, Jesus cautioned that many false prophets would rise to deceive many (Matt. 24: 4,11,13). Apostle Paul also expressed the same fear in his farewell message to the elders of the church in Ephesus (Acts 20: 30-31).

False brethren are those who claim to be followers of Jesus but whose lives and messages do not agree with the kingdom of God. They are many in Christendom today. The only way to guard against deception from false brethren or prophets is to know the word of God. Jesus says "You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free"(John 8:32). Study the word of God daily because it is the Word that carries the spirit and life of God (John 6:63). Note that the elect are the major target of the devil; beware!

Lord Jesus, strengthen me to know You more intimately through Your word and mercifully deliver me from the plots of false prophets. *Amen*

_"If you can't fly, then run, If you can't run, then walk, If you can't walk, then crawl, but whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward."–_ *Martin Luther King Jr.*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:11am On Jul 07, 2021

*DATE:* WEDNESDAY, 7TH JULY, 2021 *THEME:* GOD HATES IDOLATRY
*BIBLE READING:* DEUTERONOMY 13: 6-18 *(NIV)*

6. If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, "Let us go and worship other gods" (gods that neither you nor your fathers have known,
7. gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other),
8. do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity. Do not spare him or shield him.
9. You must certainly put him to death. Your hand must be the first in putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people.
10. Stone him to death, because he tried to turn you away from the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.
11. Then all Israel will hear and be afraid, and no-one among you will do such an evil thing again.
12. If you hear it said about one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you to live in
13. that wicked men have arisen among you and have led the people of their town astray, saying, "Let us go and worship other gods" (gods you have not known),
14. then you must enquire, probe and investigate it thoroughly. And if it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done among you,
15. you must certainly put to the sword all who live in that town. Destroy it completely, both its people and its livestock.
16. Gather all the plunder of the town into the middle of the public square and completely burn the town and all its plunder as a whole burnt offering to the LORD your God. It is to remain a ruin for ever, never to be rebuilt.
17. None of those condemned things shall be found in your hands, so that the LORD will turn from his fierce anger; he will show you mercy, have compassion on you, and increase your numbers, as he promised on oath to your forefathers,
18. because you obey the LORD your God, keeping all his commands that I am giving you today and doing what is right in his eyes.

Our passage today reveals that God does not joke with His position as the Almighty who is more than sufficient to take absolute care of those who put their trust in Him. This is made clear in His extensive commands against idolatry. God so detests idolatry to the point that anyone who by whatever circumstances introduced any of His children to it faced the penalty of death to face (vv. 7-10). Worship of other gods was a complete abomination in Israel; a taboo! The Israelites, by reason of being God's covenant children, were to run very far away from idolatry.

Beloved, God still detests idolatry today. It is disheartening that some people who attend church regularly still have some other authorities and powers to which they bow. A sizable number of the 'High and Mighty' in different Church organisations still bows to Satan in one direction or the other. It is irreconcilable to claim to belong to Jesus Christ and not be separated from Satan via idol worship. We must note that not all idols in our age are visible or physical. There are some, which by subtle approaches, have been enthroned in the hearts of many, even believers. Good examples are fashion and entertainment. Do you worship another god in disguise? God's hatred for idols is enough to drive us away from anything associated with idol worship. Whatever represents an idol in your life will alienate you from the love of God. Run away from idolatry.

Heavenly Father, keep me away from every form of idolatry in Jesus' Name. *Amen.*

_"In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us."_ — *1 John 4:10-12*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:05am On Jul 08, 2021

*DATE:* THURSDAY, 8TH JULY, 2021 *THEME:* YOU ARE A PECULIAR PERSON
*BIBLE READING:* DEUTERONOMY 14: 1-2 *(NIV)*

1. "You [are] the children of the LORD your God; you shall not cut yourselves nor shave the front of your head for the dead.
2. "For you [are] a holy people to the LORD your God, and the LORD has chosen you to be a people for Himself, a special treasure above all the peoples who [are] on the face of the earth.

The position God puts His own covenant children is much higher than what ordinary human eyes can behold. It is great to note that the Bible says "You are the children of the Lord your God" (v.1a). So, we are the children of the Lord and it is this glorious position that confers on us the responsibility to live differently. It is clear that God's chosen people cannot compare themselves with those who are non-members of God's family. Others may indulge in whatever they like but God's own children are His peculiar treasure; they cannot do just anything. 1John 3:1-3 also points out that God's children are to purify themselves. In other words, they are to stand out.

Beloved of the Lord, you are a different person. God says that you belong to Him and so you cannot live your life anyhow. It is absurd for you to begin to compare yourself with the unbelievers around you and copy their lifestyle. You are a special person; you are God's peculiar individual built up as a holy habitation for the Almighty. The Bible says that God chose you above all the people and nations of the earth. This self-realisation: Knowing who you are is in itself a tool for great deliverance. Please do not stain your identity with the mundane things of this world. You are a child of the King of glory (1 Pet. 2: 9&10).

Dear Father; help me to know my position in You and never to trade it for anything in this world, in Jesus' Name. *Amen.*

_"Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth."—_ *Mark 9:23*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:41am On Jul 09, 2021

*DATE:* FRIDAY, 9TH JULY, 2021 *THEME:* DO NOT DEFILE YOURSELF
*BIBLE READING:* DEUTERONOMY 14: 3-21 *(NIV)*

3. Do not eat any detestable thing.
4. These are the animals you may eat: the ox, the sheep, the goat,
5. the deer, the gazelle, the roe deer, the wild goat, the ibex, the antelope and the mountain sheep.
6. You may eat any animal that has a split hoof divided in two and that chews the cud.
7. However, of those that chew the cud or that have a split hoof completely divided you may not eat the camel, the rabbit or the coney. Although they chew the cud, they do not have a split hoof; they are ceremonially unclean for you.
8. The pig is also unclean; although it has a split hoof, it does not chew the cud. You are not to eat their meat or touch their carcasses.
9. Of all the creatures living in the water, you may eat any that has fins and scales.
10. But anything that does not have fins and scales you may not eat; for you it is unclean.
11. You may eat any clean bird.
12. But these you may not eat: the eagle, the vulture, the black vulture,
13. the red kite, the black kite, any kind of falcon,
14. any kind of raven,
15. the horned owl, the screech owl, the gull, any kind of hawk,
16. the little owl, the great owl, the white owl,
17. the desert owl, the osprey, the cormorant,
18. the stork, any kind of heron, the hoopoe and the bat.
19. All flying insects that swarm are unclean to you; do not eat them.
20. But any winged creature that is clean you may eat.
21. Do not eat anything you find already dead. You may give it to an alien living in any of your towns, and he may eat it, or you may sell it to a foreigner. But you are a people holy to the LORD your God. Do not cook a young goat in its mother's milk.

God made distinctions between clean animals that the Israelites were permitted to eat and the unclean animals they were not allowed to eat. This was to set Israel apart as His own people so that they would be holy unto Him. Verse 21 clearly shows that the strangers living among them were allowed to eat some of the forbidden meat. By this, God was telling them that because the Israelites were set apart as His own possession, they were a special people, responsible and accountable to Him. Thus they were not to live like the Gentile nations around them.

Under the New Testament dispensation in which the legalistic ordinances relating to food and interaction with non- Jewish people have been removed as shown to Peter (Acts 10: 9-10), the law of true holiness still remains. The apostles emphasised this in their letter to the Gentile believers by telling them to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, strangled meat, eating of blood and sexual immorality (Acts 15:1ff). This still applies to us today (Acts 15:20, 28-29, Col. 2:16,21). Christians, though at liberty in Christ, are to abstain from cultural practices connected with idolatry, not only as it relates to food but every ramifications. The Bible admonishes that Christians should run away from anything associated with idolatry and sexual perversion. "For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's" (1 Cor. 6:20, NKJV).

Lord, help me to live my life in holiness as a person set apart for You in Jesus' Name. *Amen.*

_"Let God's promises shine on your problems."–_ *Corrie ten Boom*

NOTE: Pls visit Click my Facebook page link below on my signature and contact me for any property or Landbanking Investment of your choice. IT'S 100% SAFE AND SECURED
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:56am On Jul 10, 2021

*DATE:* SATURDAY, 10TH JULY, 2021 *THEME:* TITHING IS GOD'S COMMAND
*BIBLE READING:* DEUTERONOMY 14: 22-29 *(NIV)*
22. Be sure to set aside a tenth of all that your fields produce each year.
23. Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the LORD your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the LORD your God always.
24. But if that place is too distant and you have been blessed by the LORD your God and cannot carry your tithe (because the place where the LORD will choose to put his Name is so far away),
25. then exchange your tithe for silver, and take the silver with you and go to the place the LORD your God will choose.
26. Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the LORD your God and rejoice.
27. And do not neglect the Levites living in your towns, for they have no allotment or inheritance of their own.
28. At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year's produce and store it in your towns,
29. so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the aliens, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the LORD your God may bless you in all the work of your hands.

God, through Moses, gave the law regarding tithing to the Israelites as a nation chosen by God to be His special people. Tithing did not start with the Israelites; it began with the patriarch -Abraham - even before the law was given (Gen. 14:18-20). The two distinct laws regarding the regular tithing and the triennial tithing as given in the passage today show the following: (i) God has established tithing as part of the service rendered to Him; (ii) How the Israelites should apply their tithes especially the triennial tithes, mostly meant for the care of the poor, widows, fatherless and Levites; (iii) Tithe was and is still sacred to God and a source of blessing to His people.

Today, some religious groups and persons play down on tithing, dismissing it as only relevant to the Old Testament and forgetting that Jesus too approves of tithing as implied in Matthew 23:23. Truly, He rebuked the religious leaders of His day for playing down on love, justice and mercy, but He did not say tithing was no longer accepted by God. He emphasised that as they held tithing as service to God, so also should they see love, justice and mercy as service. Tithing is a way of affirming God as the Owner and Lord over everything we have. Tithe is one major way of giving demanded by God (Mal. 3:cool and He desires that we give our Tithes consistently and faithfully to provoke His blessings upon us. Tithing is an honourable service before God.

Lord, help me to be faithful to You in my tithes and offerings always, in Jesus' Name. *Amen.*

_"Let this encourage those of you who belong to Christ: the storm may be tempestuous, but it is only temporary. The clouds that are temporarily rolling over your head will pass, and then you will have fair weather, an eternal sunshine of glory. Can you not watch with Christ for one hour? " -_ *Williams Gurnall*

NOTE: Pls Click my Facebook page link below on my signature and contact me for any property or Landbanking Investment of your choice. IT'S 100% SAFE AND SECURED
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 1:20pm On Jul 11, 2021

*DATE:* SUNDAY, 11TH JULY, 2021 _*{TRINITY 6}*_ *THEME:* THE SUMMARY OF THE LAW
*BIBLE READING:* MARK 12: 28-34 *(NIV)*

28. One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, "Of all the commandments, which is the most important?"
29. "The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this:`Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one.
30. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.'
31. The second is this:`Love your neighbour as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."
32. "Well said, teacher," the man replied. "You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him.
33. To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbour as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices."
34. When Jesus saw that he had answered wisely, he said to him, "You are not far from the kingdom of God." And from then on no-one dared ask him any more questions.

In today's passage, a scribe testing Jesus like others had done, asked Him which is the first commandment of all. Jesus summarised them into two: (i) Love God with all your heart, mind and strength, (ii) Love your neighbour as yourself. This shows that if anybody truly love God and His neighbour, such a person has really obeyed God in everything. He is regarded as a perfect individual.

If you truly love God, whom you cannot see, then you would love your neighbours whom you can see, regardless of their faults. Loving your neighbour means you are quick to forgive them whenever they wrong you. You are always kind and good to them just as God Himself is always showing you mercy even when you do not deserve it. Loving our neighbours truly means not doing to them what we also would not want them to do to us. If we keep this law, the world would be a peaceful and good place to live in. If you say you love or serve God, but hate any person, you are regarded as a liar and a murderer (1John 3:15; 4:20).

Dear Lord, help me to love You with all my heart and my neighbour as myself in Jesus' Name. *Amen.*

_"Life is wasted if we do not grasp the glory of the cross, cherish it for the treasure that it is, and cleave to it as the highest price of every pleasure and the deepest comfort in every pain. What was once foolishness to us-a crucified God-must become our wisdom and our power and our only boast in this world."–_ *John Piper*

NOTE: Pls Click my Facebook page link below on my signature and contact me for any property or Landbanking Investment of your choice. IT'S 100% SAFE AND SECURED
Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:00am On Jul 12, 2021
✝️�DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL
Date: 2021-07-12

✝️�TOPIC: LEARN TO PRAY FOR OTHERS

✝️�TEXT: PHILIPPIANS 1:1-11(NKJV)

1. Paul and Timothy, bondservants of Jesus Christ, To all the saints in Christ Jesus who are in Philippi, with the bishops and deacons:
2. Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
3. I thank my God upon every remembrance of you,
4. always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy,
5. for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now,
6. being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete [it] until the day of Jesus Christ;
7. just as it is right for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart, inasmuch as both in my chains and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel, you all are partakers with me of grace.
8. For God is my witness, how greatly I long for you all with the affection of Jesus Christ.
9. And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment,
10. that you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ,
11. being filled with the fruits of righteousness which [are] by Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God.

✝️�STUDY:

Paul, though in prison at the time of writing this epistle, was filled with joy about the care the Philippian believers showed to him. He thus wrote to appreciate them and encourage them to continue in unity, love and humility. He also warned them against false teachers. Today's passage shows how Paul prayed earnestly for the spiritual growth of the Philippian Church (vv. 3-9). He desired passionately to see them grow in spiritual matters.
As a member of the Body of Christ and a local congregation, have you ever thought of praying seriously for your congregation and the servants of God ministering to you? It is our Christian duty to pray earnestly for the needs of others; it is a spiritual service God desires every Christian to engage in. When you sincerely pray for others, God Himself takes care of your needs. Cultivate the habit of praying for the nation, the society, the Church as a whole and your local congregation without leaving out the people close to you (1 Tim. 2:3). It is a most honourable service before God today as it was in Paul's day (Vv. 3-4). A person who prays for others criticises less. Rise up in your spirit and make praying for your family members, colleagues, friends and others around your daily spiritual task. You
can never regret doing so.

✝️��PRAYER: Lord, give me grace to always remember others in my daily prayers in Jesus Name. Amen.

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:42am On Jul 13, 2021

*DATE:* TUESDAY, 13TH JULY, 2021 *THEME:* BLESSINGS IN DISGUISE
*BIBLE READING:* PHILIPPIANS 1: 12-18 *(NIV)*

12. Now I want you to know, brothers, that what has happened to me has really served to advance the gospel.
13. As a result, it has become clear throughout the whole palace guard and to everyone else that I am in chains for Christ.
14. Because of my chains, most of the brothers in the Lord have been encouraged to speak the word of God more courageously and fearlessly.
15. It is true that some preach Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill.
16. The latter do so in love, knowing that I am put here for the defence of the gospel.
17. The former preach Christ out of selfish ambition, not sincerely, supposing that they can stir up trouble for me while I am in chains.
18. But what does it matter? The important thing is that in every way, whether from false motives or true, Christ is preached. And because of this I rejoice. Yes, and I will continue to rejoice,

According to our passage today, the difficult situation Paul found himself in (imprisonment because of the testimony of Christ) helped spread the gospel. This shows that some positive results unexpectedly came out of the difficult or negative situation. This shows the unlimited and unrestricted extent to which God can use His children. Not even the prison could hold Paul back from being relevant in the scheme of the Kingdom of God. His imprisonment further enhanced the proclamation of the gospel; gave him more confidence to preach the Word of life; the message of the risen Lord at important places (vv. 12-15) to such a point that highly placed individuals were deeply touched.

Beloved, God is not restricted to our own methods in winning souls to His kingdom. He can use anybody or situation in favour of His kingdom. Those we look down upon can still be used as instruments in God's hands to show the way of salvation to others. In addition, our ugly or unpleasant situations are not enough to create a setback for the proclamation of the gospel; God can use any medium to bless His children and announce His glory (v.12). What we need is the spiritual and calm insight to discern the hand of God working out things in our favour, even in the worst situations of our lives. God loves us so dearly that whatever He permits in our lives is for the good of His Kingdom and the blessings of our lives. He works through every person and situation to fulfil His purpose at every point.

Thank You Lord because I know everything is working for my benefit and Your Kingdom.

_"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter."–_ *Francis Chan*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 8:26am On Jul 14, 2021

*DATE:* WEDNESDAY, 14TH JULY, 2021 *THEME:* DO NOT BE SELF-CENTERED
*BIBLE READING:* PHILIPPIANS 1: 19-26 *(NIV)*

19. For I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayer and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,
20. according to my earnest expectation and hope that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death.
21. For to me, to live [is] Christ, and to die [is] gain.
22. But if [I] live on in the flesh, this [will mean] fruit from [my] labor; yet what I shall choose I cannot tell.
23. For I am hard pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, [which is] far better.
24. Nevertheless to remain in the flesh [is] more needful for you.
25. And being confident of this, I know that I shall remain and continue with you all for your progress and joy of faith,
26. that your rejoicing for me may be more abundant in Jesus Christ by my coming to you again.

The passage today lays before us the desires of Paul. He desired to continue living in order to keep edifying the Church and spreading the gospel of Christ. At the same time, he earnestly longed to depart from this world of sin and corruption to remain with the Lord in heaven, thus to rest from his labour. If he continued to live, the better for the Church, especially the Philippian Church; if he slept in the Lord, the better for him, for he would rest from the many battles of faith and persecutions he had hitherto endured. The two sides of the coin were favourable to him.

Paul was in every way and every inch, profitable to the Lord. Hence, in life or death, Paul was an asset to the Lord and the Church.

This is the kind of life God wants us to live as His children: A life that is not centered on self-glorification, but filled with great concern for others. Our focus should be to pour our whole life to the service of God and His Church as exemplified by Paul. We must desist from the spirit of 'winner-takes-all' and demonstrate the Christian virtues of love and care to as many as would need us in our Christian race.

Dear Lord, give grace to be passionate about the salvation of others, in Jesus' Name. *Amen.*

_"Our vision is so limited we can hardly imagine a love that does not show itself in protection from suffering.... The love of God did not protect His own Son.... He will not necessarily protect us – not from anything it takes to make us like His Son. A lot of hammering and chiseling and purifying by fire will have to go into the process." -_ *Elizabeth Elliot*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:53am On Jul 15, 2021

*DATE:* THURSDAY, 15TH JULY, 2021 *THEME:* BE A WORTHY AMBASSADOR OF CHRIST
*BIBLE READING:* PHILIPPIANS 1: 27-30 *(NIV)*

27. Only let your conduct be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of your affairs, that you stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel,
28. and not in any way terrified by your adversaries, which is to them a proof of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that from God.
29. For to you it has been granted on behalf of Christ, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake,
30. having the same conflict which you saw in me and now hear [is] in me.

Paul encouraged the Philippians to let their manner of life conform to the gospel of Christ. He strongly charged them to strive for the faith even in the face of persecution and suffering that might come their way. Today's passage enjoins us to let our manner of life portray the gospel of Christ both in the open and even when nobody sees us, irrespective of what we are passing through (v.27). This is because each Christian is a mirror that reveals the beauty of Christ to the world.

The way we live each day sows the seed of the gospel of Christ in us and those around us. Our lifestyles and choices could either draw people around us closer to the glorious life in Christ or make the Christian faith detestable to them. Some unbelievers and young Christians have been thrown into serious spiritual confusion and doubts because of what they see in the lives of the so called Christians around them. Are you a good representative of Christ to the world around you or a betrayer of Christ by your conduct, especially outside of the Church premises? How do you handle your daily business life, whether at home or other places (2 Tim. 3:5)? Remember that you are to represent Jesus Christ not only when you go to church on Sunday but also every other day of the week and everywhere you go. Determine to be a true ambassador of Christ and it shall be well with you.

Heavenly Father, help me to live as a worthy ambassador of Christ to the world around me, in Jesus Name. *Amen.*

_"Remember who you are. Don't compromise for anyone, for any reason. You are a child of the Almighty God. Live that truth."–_ *Lysa Terkeurst*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 5:56am On Jul 16, 2021

*DATE:* FRIDAY, 16TH JULY, 2021 *THEME:* THE CHURCH MUST BE UNITED
*BIBLE READING:* PHILIPPIANS 2: 1-4 *(NIV)*

1. If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion,
2. then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose.
3. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.
4. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.

Today's passage opens with what the apostle Paul considered as ingredients of proper spiritual growth in Christ, the qualities expected in the life of a Christian who understands the unity Christ expects in His Church. Unity in the body of Christ is the main focus of today's meditation. This unity can only be achieved as each believer strives to heed the advice of Paul. In true unity, mutual love is comforting because it exhibits affection and compassion towards others. Unity in the church is highly important irrespective of our background, personal interest and desires or even personal interest and ego. Jesus Christ did not seek His own glory but the Father's who sent Him. He also prayed for the unity of the Church in her mission to the world.

Self-glorification and interest should give way to humility in our hearts and be expressed in our behaviour towards others: We are to be interested in the welfare of others. If every member of each local congregation can adhere to this exhortation, the church will be heaven on earth. Many unbelievers will turn to Christ even without anybody preaching to them when they see an exemplary and ideal communal living devoid of discrimination in the church.

Dear Lord, let there be unity in Your Church starting with me and my local congregation in Jesus' Name. *Amen.*

_"Start your child's day with love and encouragement and end the day the same way."—_ *Zig Ziglar*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 11:49am On Jul 17, 2021

*DATE:* SATURDAY, 17TH JULY, 2021 *THEME:* LET THIS MIND BE IN YOU
*BIBLE READING:* PHILIPPIANS 2: 5-11 *(NIV)*

5. Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
6. Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
7. but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.
8. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death--even death on a cross!
9. Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name,
10. that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11. and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Behind every action, there is a motive. The reading for today explains the humility of our Lord Jesus Christ who, although could claim equality with God, made Himself of no reputation; took on the form of a servant and became like man. He went further to subject Himself to the death upon the cross. Our Lord was truly humble and obedient. The result was that He was given a name that is above every other name. The reason was because the Lord Jesus Christ had a sense of purpose, and the purpose was to work the works of His Father and to finish it (John 9:4). That was the reason for deliberately learning obedience even when it was not for convenient (Matt. 26: 36-44); it was in His mind to glorify the Father.

As Christians, we should always look up to God for He is willing to do more than we desire (Ps. 75: 6-7). As our passage shows, He demands our total obedience even when it is not convenient. Anyone who seeks to be exalted should be prepared to embrace obedience to the will of God. This is the way of Christ: this is the patterm of Christ's life. In your activities today, seek to know and do the will of God. If you desire to see better days ahead, choose the way of the cross; the way of obedience to the will of God. When it seems more convenient to dance to the popular tune of the people, think twice because not all that glitters is gold. Christ's heart cry was "Not as I will but your will be done", even to the point of death. Choosing the things that please God is non-negotiable for every Christian. Seek to have this mind of Christ and you will never regret it.

Dear Lord, enable me to pursue such mind as was in Jesus Christ, that l might seek to do Your will at all times. *Amen.*

_"Take the limits off of yourself. You will never rise higher than your thinking. Create a great vision for your life."—_ *Joel Osteen*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:02am On Jul 19, 2021

*DATE:* MONDAY, 19TH JULY, 2021 *THEME:* IT IS GOD WHO WORKS IN YOU
*BIBLE READING:* PHILIPPIANS 2: 12-18 *(NIV)*

12. Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;
13. for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for [His] good pleasure.
14. Do all things without complaining and disputing,
15. that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world,
16. holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have not run in vain or labored in vain.
17. Yes, and if I am being poured out [as a drink offering] on the sacrifice and service of your faith, I am glad and rejoice with you all.
18. For the same reason you also be glad and rejoice with me.

Christians are those who have been bought by the blood of the Lamb, and have been brought into the family of God. However, to stay within that family and ultimately enjoy the eternal bliss of God, we must work out our salvation with fear and trembling. That is, we must run the race, not as one beating the air but with precision and understanding of where we are heading to and determination to win the prize ahead of us. We must avoid all that could hinder us (Heb. 12:1&2), and run, not in our ability but in God's; because He is the one who can work out in us what He wants (v.13). Running in God's ability has to do with our yielding to Him without complaining and disputing, holding fast the word of life.

The Christian journey can be very challenging sometimes, and running the race can be a heavy task, most especially, when we look away from the rock of our salvation and focus elsewhere for strength. Following certain stringent rules and regulations can become burdensome and deprive us of the joy and peace that characterise the Christian pilgrimage (Acts 15:10-11). God's commandments are not burdensome if we let Him do His work in us. So, are you weary and weak? Are you tired already because of the hardship you face for the sake of your faith? Note that the power for the journey is not in ourselves; it is in God who alone can strengthen us. All we need to do is to trust and obey Him.

Dear Father, by Your grace, enable me to yield to You in all things, in Jesus' Name. *Amen.*

_"The greater your knowledge of the goodness and grace of God on your life, the more likely you are to praise Him in the storm."–_ *Matt Chandler*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 11:29am On Jul 21, 2021

*DATE:* WEDNESDAY, 21ST JULY, 2021 *THEME:* EPAPHRODITUS: A FAITHFUL SERVANT
*BIBLE READING:* PHILIPPIANS 2: 25-30 *(NIV)*

25. Yet I considered it necessary to send to you Epaphroditus, my brother, fellow worker, and fellow soldier, but your messenger and the one who ministered to my need;
26. since he was longing for you all, and was distressed because you had heard that he was sick.
27. For indeed he was sick almost unto death; but God had mercy on him, and not only on him but on me also, lest I should have sorrow upon sorrow.
28. Therefore I sent him the more eagerly, that when you see him again you may rejoice, and I may be less sorrowful.
29. Receive him therefore in the Lord with all gladness, and hold such men in esteem;
30. because for the work of Christ he came close to death, not regarding his life, to supply what was lacking in your service toward me.

Yesterday we considered the selflessness of Timothy whose major concern was the advancement of the work of the Lord Jesus Christ in the church. Today we see another of his kind, Epaphroditus, he also had the testimony of being a brother, fellow worker, and fellow soldier of Christ. He ministered to the needs of Apostle Paul, was also a messenger for the Philippians and had a longing for them all. He was committed to ministering to others and even while sick, his thoughts were toward the welfare of the church. What a man!

Today, in the church and even society, there are men and women committed genuinely to the welfare of God's people and to the advancement of the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. But many of them are being discouraged because of the attitude of a few who would not work and who would not want others to work. They backbite, blackmail and peddle negative stories to discourage those committed to true service. Sanballat and Tobiah did the same against Nehemiah while he was making frantic efforts to rebuild the wall of Jerusalem (Neh. 4:1). We are encouraged today to hold such men who labour, not for their own interest but for God and His church, in high esteem. We should encourage them by our words of appreciation and praise. This will encourage them to keep going in the midst of adversities.

Dear father, help me to respect and appreciate those who selflessly serve Your church and grant those who labour the courage to continue in Jesus' Name. *Amen.*

_"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly." -_ *John 10:10*

Re: Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2021 (Anglican Communion) by iammarvellux(m): 6:01am On Jul 22, 2021

*DATE:* THURSDAY, 22ND JULY, 2021 _*(Saint Mary Magdalene)*_ *THEME:* BE PERSISTENT IN YOUR SEARCH FOR THE LORD
*BIBLE READING:* JOHN 20: 11-18 *(NIV)*

11. but Mary stood outside the tomb crying. As she wept, she bent over to look into the tomb
12. and saw two angels in white, seated where Jesus' body had been, one at the head and the other at the foot.
13. They asked her, "Woman, why are you crying?" "They have taken my Lord away," she said, "and I don't know where they have put him."
14. At this, she turned round and saw Jesus standing there, but she did not realise that it was Jesus.
15. "Woman," he said, "why are you crying? Who is it you are looking for?" Thinking he was the gardener, she said, "Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have put him, and I will get him."
16. Jesus said to her, "Mary." She turned towards him and cried out in Aramaic, "Rabboni!" (which means Teacher).
17. Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them,`I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"
18. Mary Magdalene went to the disciples with the news: "I have seen the Lord!" And she told them that he had said these things to her.

Today, we celebrate Mary Magdalene, a woman who was persistent and consistent with the Lord Jesus Christ during His ministry; following Him through to the cross and even the tomb. She was always where her Lord was. And thus, was given the privilege of experiencing the joy of being the first to behold the risen Lord and even the first to proclaim the good news of His resurrection. Peter, whom the Lord appointed as the leader, in the company of another disciple whom the Lord loved, rushed to the tomb, beheld the empty tomb, entered it, but did not remain there for long. They went back home. But Mary Magdalene stayed back, weeping and intermittently stooping down to look into the tomb. Her consistency paid off. First, she saw angels in white garment, sitting, one at the head and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain. They responded to her pains. And then, she saw her risen Lord, and her sorrow turned to joy.

Dear friends, consistence and persistence in the presence of the Lord pays. It releases God's power and gives us revelation and strength for the journey of faith. While others may hasten away, remaining with the Lord Jesus Christ, in your secret place of personal worship and even in public glare of right living, will bring you to experience the joy that others who do not persist miss. Like Mary, may your persistence bring you blessings beyond your imaginations.

Help me Lord to diligently seek You daily, in Jesus' Name. *Amen.*

_"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."–_ *Martin Luther King Jr.*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Which Is The Real Jesus? / What Cindy Trimm Taught Pastor Chris Oyakhilome..Fake Move Of The Holy Ghost ? / How The Enemy Makes You Reject The Finished Work Of Jesus Christ On The Cross

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 264
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.