Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,723 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:00 PM

What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? (15247 Views)

List Of States That Banned Cross-Over Service / Cross-over Service At Glory Dome, World’s Largest Church Auditorium, Abuja (PIX) / Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by IamAtikulate: 10:22am On Jan 01, 2021
RiyadhGoddess:
Hearing this for the first time
Even me oooh
Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by Fheelzz(m): 10:23am On Jan 01, 2021
E get as e be grin
Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by osazsky(m): 10:23am On Jan 01, 2021
White signifies purity..thats y it has to be white..light is life..u are making a promise to God that just as i began the year with life and purity so shall it be till the end but unfortunately 5min into d new year some are already playing 2 odds on bet9ja..smoking..fornication..etc..God help us

1 Like

Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by Nobody: 10:24am On Jan 01, 2021
coputa:
Many religious adherents, especially christains light White candle after the new year cross over service,some drop it at the front of their compound or door mouth or their veranda.
What is it's significance.

The whole nonsensical event has zero significance except for its economic impact on the organizers' income.
Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by Ausval: 10:24am On Jan 01, 2021
Why must it be candle , why we nor fit use all those light wen dey stadium since we want make our own light shine pass others own ...
Coder2Client:
"You are the light of the world. A city set on a mountain cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and then put it under a bushel basket; it is set on a lamp stand, where it gives light to all in the house. Just so, your light must shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your heavenly Father.” (Matthew 5:14-16)
Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by Nobody: 10:24am On Jan 01, 2021
Have u see some1 do that? If yes, please ask the person directly Instead looking for ans at remote . plx
Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by stupidmod1: 10:25am On Jan 01, 2021
CandyOps:
omo me seff de wonder. but I think it signifies light to the world or some shii like that
so black candle means darkness to the world

1 Like

Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by ogascomax: 10:30am On Jan 01, 2021
They usual make it to signify brightness, the down of a new day, to signify light in their life but all those stuffs are not for the spiritual mature. It is not the light you present the physical light that gives you light. It is spiritually and scripturally wrong. As an individual you are light, the light of the world. Jesus says light your light so shine before men. And Isaiah 60 says arise shine for the light as come and the glory of God is risen upon you. It's the glory of God that gives light.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by StrikeBack(m): 10:31am On Jan 01, 2021
Offpoint1:
Nothing, it's all the herd mentality. It's all what the white man instilled on the black man.

The black man has no root or doesn't know his root. Nothing the black practice today is of his root... The black man knows nothing outside what he read from the white man book.
I need to like this 500,000 times

1 Like

Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by CzarChris(m): 10:37am On Jan 01, 2021
I actually crossed over in Warri, this was the first time I ever saw this candle light thing. When I asked what the candle thing means I got the definition of being the light of the world or something like that.

Well I won't criticize, whatever rocks anybody's boat. undecided
Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by pek(m): 10:40am On Jan 01, 2021
Seun, op and moderators, it is not lightning but lighting. Surprised this made front page the obvious mistake and it wasn't corrected.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by chukwuibuipob: 10:41am On Jan 01, 2021
sad sad grin grin u dnt nid to expose urself more.U float rule 19 twice grin grin.Some of us don chopped 6 months/a year ban.Dnt take this ipob yweets thing serious.We all come here to play/joke.After all my ipob E fight,I still play/buy things from same ipob Terrorists.Take am easy biko
Zikoo11:
My question to the Igbo mod that banned me... Arrewa.

Why do you want to silent me on Nairaland??

Why are so wicked and insensitive??

Social media bill has not been passed but you are already banning me for airing my opinion whitout insulting anyone?

You gave me a ban without me breaking any rules??

So your aim is for your igbo brothers to continue insulting the north on Nairaland undisputed??

You see that ban way dey hungry you??

You go ban tire!!

In fact block my phone ips It's not going to stop me this protest.

I can access this site anytime I want.

The Igbos have taken over nairaland.

They insult and spread hatred whitout getting ban.

Why then ban me for defending my region??

According to the animal...

He ban me for breaking rule 11

11. Don't create distracting posts with: ALL WORDS BOLD / huge font sizes / ALL CAPS / distracting imagesspaces, etc.

What sort of rubbish excuse is this??

I made two comments he... Deleted one and then give me a ban.

The Igbo mod Ban me for defending the north.

He ban me for defending my region.

They just want to silent me... I should just sit and allow Igbos insult and castigate the north undisputed.

Dear seun... Why is this happening in forum that supposed to carry every Nigerian along irrespective of tribe and religion?

Why not ban those who are busy insulting people on daily basis??

Yet we are calling Buhari a tyrant... Just look at the tyranny and injustice on Nairaland.

This was my last post before the Igbo mod ban me....
Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by samx4real(m): 10:44am On Jan 01, 2021
Foolishness...

I use to do it... Nothing change
Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by Lamasta(m): 10:46am On Jan 01, 2021
PotatoSalad:
Incase nepa takes light angry
If light come dey nko
Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by NgHotGirls: 10:49am On Jan 01, 2021
thrillionaire:
As a Christian it's your calling to stick to the word. Just do the word and shun any other man made tradition and you'll be just fine.
Show me where the origin is in the Bible
Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by ictplotter(m): 10:49am On Jan 01, 2021
solja147:
I think its crossing over wit the light
If that is the case, the electrical light in the church or home ar they switch off? Or the white candle light more brighter than the electric bulb or special anointed light?
Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by cardoctor(m): 10:50am On Jan 01, 2021
It has no bearing or significance in any form. There is no direct instruction to it in the Bible so Im compelled to believe it's a man made orchestration of faith profiteering in the sales of candles, white hankies or bottled water so called blessed. .

1 Like

Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by jovijovi: 10:51am On Jan 01, 2021
It is a choice

Meanwhile, Contact Our Company for your Black Nylons, ( Small and black )at wholesale price. Check my signature
Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by NgHotGirls: 10:52am On Jan 01, 2021
coputa:
Many religious adherents, especially christains light White candle after the new year cross over service,some drop it at the front of their compound or door mouth or their veranda.
Firstly, there is no where in the Bible were they did cross overnight

Secondly, no we're in the history of man was the origin of cross over

Thirdly, Nigerians just copy and copy without asking questions.

finally, I think it's a belief that doing so is lighting your way into the new year.
Light is always chosen over darkness.

I'm not sure new year has any religious reference.
It's just the passage of time.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by twilliamx(m): 10:56am On Jan 01, 2021
In what ritualistic religion does this happen..
Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by ojun50(m): 10:57am On Jan 01, 2021
My pastor cancel the program two years ago, members who are use to the started getting angry on I and other ask the reason for dat....

Truly he said he is not seenin the impact

1 Like

Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by chaloskyx: 10:58am On Jan 01, 2021
THERES NO SIGNIFICANCE WHEN SERVICE FINISH THEY GO OFF CANDLE THROW AM FOR DUSTBIN
Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by Iamsane: 11:02am On Jan 01, 2021
Nah Mumuism and follow follow mentality
Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by captainamiedi1: 11:05am On Jan 01, 2021
I realized it's a ritual. Immediately I broke out of it 3 years ago
Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by Sleekfingers: 11:08am On Jan 01, 2021
Emidsav:
Dear brothers and sisters , if you can see this post right now . I am on my knees crying please do not ignore, .i know things are hard but I beg you in the name of God, please from the little you have, please help with no matter how much. I am married, a father of two and I am very down at this moment. Things haven't been going smoothly for me this time from my menial jobs due to owings. We have been hungry for days now , the kids has been drinking garri and is now affecting their health. I need to buy food and kerosene. . Please help me. Please help us. We are starving. I beg any kind hearted brothers and sisters on this forum Any amount please. I pray God bless anyone that gives me anything. Please. 3 1 3 5 8 3 8 6 0 9 first bank

in this new year again? Online almajiri
Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by Pymetrics: 11:18am On Jan 01, 2021
The ones doing it sef don't even know it's significance talk of spiritual evidence for it in their religion. Now assuming Scholar Lukgaf just advised fellow Muslims not to participate in such act, the Christians and ignorant Muslims would quickly call for his head.

And Muslims must have Islamic evidence for every activities done in every seconds. So we cannot neglect our Muslim brethren to go astray.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by DavidEsq(m): 11:28am On Jan 01, 2021
coputa:
It is a practice that has its root in paganism and spiritism. The Greeks and Romans worshied a god named Janus, in whose name January was named after. It was believed to be a god of doorways or beginnings. It is a two-faced god, with one face looking forward (into the future) and the other looking backwards (into the past). Now at the beginning of each year, the Greek and Roman pagans offered sacrifices and performed orgies to the god, praying for a better year. They would light candles, offer their prayers and wishes facing the candles and blow it out or let it burn out, believing that as the flame blows out or dies out, their prayers were carried off to Janus, who would then grant their prayers/wishes. It's about the same in blowing out candles on birthday celebrations and funerals/memorials. It has nothing to do with Christianity. In fact, 2 Corinthians 6:17 says we should have nothing to do with such unclean things. It says "quit touching the unclean thing"

1 Like

Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by thrillionaire(m): 11:35am On Jan 01, 2021
NgHotGirls:
Show me where the origin is in the Bible
Kindly read to understand. I call the practice man made tradition and refer every christian to the word instead, rightly dividing it most importantly.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Homosexuality: One Of The Fastest Ways To Get To Hell Fire / What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? / OAP Freeze's Biblical Misinformation On Collection Of Tithes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.