Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,773 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? (15241 Views)

List Of States That Banned Cross-Over Service / Cross-over Service At Glory Dome, World’s Largest Church Auditorium, Abuja (PIX) / Going To Church With White Candle Sticks On Crossover Nights: Meaning? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by toprealman: 11:37am On Jan 01, 2021
coputa:
Many religious adherents, especially christains light White candle after the new year cross over service,some drop it at the front of their compound or door mouth or their veranda.
What is it's significance.
Hearing this for the first time.
Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by dustydee: 11:40am On Jan 01, 2021
coputa:
Many religious adherents, especially christains light White candle after the new year cross over service,some drop it at the front of their compound or door mouth or their veranda.
This is the first time I am hearing of this.
Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by ecclize: 11:48am On Jan 01, 2021
RiyadhGoddess:
Hearing this for the first time.
I've never seen anyone light candle after new year. Let me sit and learn...

Happy New Year Nairalander.
This year will be good for us in Jesus name.
Gratitude + Contentment+ Hardwork= Harvest.

Cheers.
you are not alone sister...
i hearing this for the very f**king time.
because me i never see am before ooo
Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by CandyOps(m): 11:53am On Jan 01, 2021
stupidmod1:
so black candle means darkness to the world
grin you done go smoke this morning abi lmao

Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by faste: 11:54am On Jan 01, 2021
Psalm 18vs 28 KJV. For thou wilt light my candle....Ilumination!
Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by Neoteny(m): 11:57am On Jan 01, 2021
Lighting or lightning?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by Is44me(m): 12:11pm On Jan 01, 2021
It is a act that reminds you of working hard and receive blessings and also helping someone
Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by stupidmod1: 12:24pm On Jan 01, 2021
CandyOps:

grin you done go smoke this morning abi lmao
i wan know nahh, red means blood to the world shey lol
Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by iamJ(m): 12:26pm On Jan 01, 2021
Agreement between candle makers and churches
Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by shilz(f): 12:37pm On Jan 01, 2021
Ausval:
Why must it be candle , why we nor fit use all those light wen dey stadium since we want make our own light shine pass others own ...
na who nepa give 24/7 light dae find stadium light na
Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by Heavance(m): 12:47pm On Jan 01, 2021
coputa:
I saw this in Delta state, and I was just curious to understand it
Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by Babaken(m): 1:39pm On Jan 01, 2021
The same apply to almost all Ghanians that attend crossover service putting on white dress.
Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by Paulcyril19: 1:44pm On Jan 01, 2021
coputa:

So last night I was coming back from my friends place at about 9 O'clock then I passed the block before the block i stay, eventually I perceived insense exactly those ones Catholics burn during mass. I got curios and peeped through the fence Lo and behold I saw a man on white garment with two other children singing and hitting a bell with candles in their front. Omoh! The shock ehn! I nearly fall down.

As I was walking home I was wondering what this might be, being that this is my first time experiencing such. Is it a ritual or just religious worship. Please I'm glad this issue is in front page, it's not a coincidence. Someone should please school me.
Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by Paulcyril19: 1:47pm On Jan 01, 2021
DavidEsq:

It is a practice that has its root in paganism and spiritism. The Greeks and Romans worshied a god named Janus, in whose name January was named after. It was believed to be a god of doorways or beginnings. It is a two-faced god, with one face looking forward (into the future) and the other looking backwards (into the past). Now at the beginning of each year, the Greek and Roman pagans offered sacrifices and performed orgies to the god, praying for a better year. They would light candles, offer their prayers and wishes facing the candles and blow it out or let it burn out, believing that as the flame blows out or dies out, their prayers were carried off to Janus, who would then grant their prayers/wishes. It's about the same in blowing out candles on birthday celebrations and funerals/memorials. It has nothing to do with Christianity. In fact, 2 Corinthians 6:17 says we should have nothing to do with such unclean things. It says "quit touching the unclean thing"

Thank you. I will start avoiding that man.
Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by Timfreds(m): 2:09pm On Jan 01, 2021
ogascomax:
They usual make it to signify brightness, the down of a new day, to signify light in their life but all those stuffs are not for the spiritual mature. It is not the light you present the physical light that gives you light. It is spiritually and scripturally wrong. As an individual you are light, the light of the world. Jesus says light your light so shine before men. And Isaiah 60 says arise shine for the light as come and the glory of God is risen upon you. It's the glory of God that gives light.
I
The most sensible answer I read so far.
Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by Timfreds(m): 2:20pm On Jan 01, 2021
I think people do it to signify New Dawn, hope of brighter year, etc.
But it's just religious practice of some church members with no Bible backing. Most Pentecostals don't do it.
Infact even the Crossover service, is it really necessary?
Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by theFilmtric: 2:59pm On Jan 01, 2021
Why are these mods these clueless?? Why delete my post @FTC?
theFilmtricsay
Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by Mummyfour(f): 3:15pm On Jan 01, 2021
RexTramadol1:
Well, lighting white candle signifies

You don’t have electricity in your hood!
grin grin
Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by excel222(m): 4:30pm On Jan 01, 2021
Here comes one of the main difference between a spiritual (white garments churches) church and a non spiritual church. The Bible make us to understand that, God is a Spirit and them that worship God must worship Him in truth and in spirit. There are two main words here ''Truth and Spirit" Candle is one of the spiritual item use for the service or worship of God found in the Bible book of revelation, and it symbolic the Spirit God or true holiness. Another spiritual item is the incense..
Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by excel222(m): 4:43pm On Jan 01, 2021
Here comes one of the main difference between a spiritual (white garments churches) church and a non spiritual church. The Bible make us to understand that, God is a Spirit and them that worship God must worship Him in truth and in spirit. There are two main words here ''Truth and Spirit" Candle is one of the spiritual item use for the service or worship of God found in the Bible book of revelation, and it symbolic the Spirit of God or true holiness. Another spiritual item is the incense..
Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by SpecialNwa: 8:37pm On Jan 01, 2021
In my understanding it means My light will continue to shine nd will never go off In mylofe, family nd business... in all my endeavors through out the year...
Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by Egbi2020: 10:25pm On Jan 01, 2021
It is in the Bible. Psalm 18 :28

KJV:For thou wilt light my candle: the Lord my God will enlighten my darkness.

I hope this answers your question.
Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by offset67(m): 11:35pm On Jan 01, 2021
to observe the background
Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by Arabaincubus: 12:03am On Jan 02, 2021
[quote author=Poloyanabo2 post=97609125]No significance if you ask me, maybe just to represent bible times where people waited with torches in their hands,
Anyone that knows better should share pls, I too I'm confused. [/quote

It basically symbolizes light to the world and it is not supposed to be extinguished by blowing. You can pinch to quench it. Blowing it off symbolizes the use of vital life force (oxygen) to quench a good thing - the candlelight which is supposed to show the way, even in the deepest dark.
Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by OyinO: 2:38am On Jan 02, 2021
Still searching and checking but no real significance other than blind faith, hope and expectations.
Re: What Is The Significance Of Lightning White Candle After Cross Over Service? by davidlight: 11:48am On Jun 09, 2021
For a Christmas gift, you could purchase one or two dozen candles in all of the different types of woods that are available. As a gift for a birthday, you could select a single type of wax in which to give your young child. Xtclocal is an expert of yankee candles, browse their site for more interesting information.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Understand John 5:19 / Why Condoms Should Be Distributed In The Church / Who Wrote The New Testament ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.