Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,461 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:43 PM

Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? (72541 Views)

Stop Using Tissue Paper To Wipe Your Nyash After Poo, Always Use Water . / Indian Man Dies After Using Glue To Seal His Penis Shut In Drug-Fuelled Romp / How I Burnt My Chest After Using Harsh Chemicals On It (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by 44Bulldog(m): 4:01pm On Jan 01, 2021
Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by JovialJune(f): 4:07pm On Jan 01, 2021
Tango123:

See i will tell u a short story.

Months ago my dad was ill in hospital. He was old and stooled on himself sometimes, accidentallyof course.

The doctor saw members of my family look after him and clean him up. Of course we love our dad and we dont mind. Doctor told us to use gloves whenever he stools on himself and we are cleaning him up

I mean that was doctor's advice, based on scientific evidence

Whether u see it or not, the faeces will lodge into ur nails.

There have been numerous research on this. On office keyboards, on phones, on door knobs, on lift buttons, fecal matter has been found. Of course, these are invisible to human eyes

I will search for one of those research and post later here.

Ma'am, you sound like a responsible and respectful clean person. I do not claim i am cleaner than u. We are only exchanging ideas and i love to exchange ideas with people like u.

You can't compare the situation of your dad to everyday stooling na, you guys packed his poo and cleaned him up, that will definitely be messy, it can't be compared to smears after excretion, its different, but let's agree to disagree

@scientific evidence, when you see the link, pls post it here

@last paragraph, thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by NobleDeSage001: 4:08pm On Jan 01, 2021
Water is more hygienic anytime, any day.
It leaves you feeling completely clean and fresh down there.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by JovialJune(f): 4:10pm On Jan 01, 2021
Tango123:

See this below. I saw it on a quick google search.

After reading it, ask yourself how the fecal matter reached those places. That is why for me, tissue it is, and in the morning. And i shower afterwards

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.huffpost.com/entry/a-reminder-that-theres-fecal-matter-on-practically-everything_n_588778cce4b070d8cad56edf/amp

Just seeing this, I'll read it up later

Are you saying all your life, you've never poo in the evening or mid-day? Or you've not had cases of emergency poo before that can hook you anywhere?

5 Likes

Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by Liposure: 4:14pm On Jan 01, 2021
For clean bill of health, water is the best. I can't sit with an unrinsed butt

7 Likes

Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jan 01, 2021
JovialJune:

It's simple, cleaning the butt with water and washing your hands with soap afterwards is the hygienic thing to do, that is what I do all the time cos it makes me feel fresh in my butt and hands

Salmonella and other bacteria cannot also be removed when using tissue paper, but there is a chance it can be 98% removed with water, besides, not everyone excretes then shower immediately after

Using tissue is not hygenic cos it can never wipe all the feaces off, and wiping can also extend to parts of your down below which can cause bad smell, so using water is the best.

If I may chip in something.

First,it depends on the type of tissue you use.

Second,your finger nails are major hosts to germs.

Third,you clean your butt backwards. Not forward(to avoid germs coming in contact with the vagína)

Fourth,not everyone takes their bath after. Which might be another disadvantage of using the tissue paper.

Fifth,bacterias can't be removed with tissue paper at all "wink

Sixth,many don't even use soap during the act of washing. Now,another disadvantage of washing instead of using tissue. At least,while taking your bath with soap and water,you wash every area of your body.

5 Likes

Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by Tango123: 4:16pm On Jan 01, 2021
JovialJune:

Just seeing this, I'll read it up later

Are you saying all your life, you've never poo in the evening or mid-day? Or you've not had cases of emergency poo before that can hook you anywhere?

Emergency is Emergency. Even u that like to use water, if Emergency hook u and there is no water, u will manage.

Anyway, i poop twice a day normally. Morning and at night. And thats when i also shower.

But if Emergency hook me, i know say na Emergency. I will not go and come and kill myself because of Emergency

See, i hate using any toilet that is not mine, in my own home. But when Emergency occurs, i have to use whatever is available

I dont want to tell u my Emergency stories so as not to spoil ur day, in case u are d type that such stories make uncomfortable

2 Likes

Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by Rejomar(m): 4:18pm On Jan 01, 2021
Using water to wash the butts after using the toilet is more hygenic even though it sounds disgusting.

6 Likes

Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by JovialJune(f): 4:29pm On Jan 01, 2021
StacyO:

If I may chip in something.

First,it depends on the type of tissue you use.

Second,your finger nails are major hosts to germs.

Third,you clean your butt backwards. Not forward(to avoid germs coming in contact with the vagína)

Fourth,not everyone takes their bath after. Which might be another disadvantage of using the tissue paper.

Fifth,bacterias can't be removed with tissue paper at all "wink

Sixth,many don't even use soap during the act of washing. Now,another disadvantage of washing instead of using tissue. At least,while taking your bath with soap and water,you wash every area of your body.

So you know using tissue paper has its disadvantages, and you make it seem like there is none, wehdone cheesy

Yes I agree not everyone uses soap when washing their hands, same with those who use only tissue paper, the hygienic thing to do when one uses the loo is to wash both hands with soap and water afterwards, in fact, hot water and dettol should be included, but who has time for that grin we come in contact with unhygienic things in our everyday lives, but let's stay on topic, we can't be 100% hygienic no matter how much we try

So the ideal method should be, tissue paper first, water second, soap and water to wash hands afterwards.

7 Likes

Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by Liposure: 4:31pm On Jan 01, 2021
Rejomar:
Using water to wash the butts after using the toilet is more hygenic even though it sounds disgusting.
i can afford it becos i get to wash my hands after
Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by JovialJune(f): 4:37pm On Jan 01, 2021
Tango123:

Emergency is Emergency. Even u that like to use water, if Emergency hook u and there is no water, u will manage.

Anyway, i poop twice a day normally. Morning and at night. And thats when i also shower.

But if Emergency hook me, i know say na Emergency. I will not go and come and kill myself because of Emergency

See, i hate using any toilet that is not mine, in my own home. But when Emergency occurs, i have to use whatever is available

I dont want to tell u my Emergency stories so as not to spoil ur day, in case u are d type that such stories make uncomfortable

Pls dont tell, I can already imagine

For me I think I've had like one or two emergencies cos I'm always careful of what I eat, especially when I know I'll be stepping out of my house for a long period of time.

I poo when poo hook me abeg, I can't control my bowel movement, but I poo everyday.

2 Likes

Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by lkillbrokehoes: 4:40pm On Jan 01, 2021
bell1255:

And no water after? That's how you people go about with smelly butt
Lolz I was about to tell her that gringrin

1 Like

Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by Liposure: 4:41pm On Jan 01, 2021
JovialJune:

So you know using tissue paper has its disadvantages, and you make it seem like there is none, wehdone cheesy

Yes I agree not everyone uses soap when washing their hands, same with those who use only tissue paper, the hygienic thing to do when one uses the loo is to wash both hands with soap and water afterwards, in fact, hot water and dettol should be included, but who has time for that grin we come in contact with unhygienic things in our everyday lives, but let's stay on topic, we can't be 100% hygienic no matter how much we try

So the ideal method should be, tissue paper first, water second, soap and water to wash hands afterwards.
you are right. Years ago, an OAP i love so much warned against being too clean because according to him it makes you susceptible to germs and other harmful microorganisms

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by GerraMeh74(m): 4:42pm On Jan 01, 2021
Aflix:
God bless you for this. Na mostly women De use tissue sha......Are you are Muslim?
God bless you too . I am a Christian.
Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by Liposure: 4:47pm On Jan 01, 2021
Aflix:
God bless you for this. Na mostly women De use tissue sha......Are you are Muslim?
awon slayqueens
Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by JovialJune(f): 4:48pm On Jan 01, 2021
Liposure:
you are right. Years ago, an OAP i loved so much warned against being too clean because according to him it attracts germs and other harmful microorganisms

You are very spot on, I think there is a name for those who are extremely obsessed on being 100% clean, like a disorder or something.

1 Like

Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jan 01, 2021
JovialJune:

Ahan

I made you agree,tissue paper first, water second (with soap please),another soap and water to wash hands afterwards.

YES. No one is 100% hygienic

I was meaning to ask,why is it that whenever I make use of the toilet, whether it's just opening the toiler door, peeing or any other thing,
I always become restless if i don't get to wash my hands.

It would feel as though things are crawling all through my body.
But,immediately water touches my hands(even without soap),I feel relief.

Are there things truly crawling on my body??

Been asking though but,no tangible answer.
Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jan 01, 2021
Liposure:
i can afford it becos i get to wash my hands after

Quality tissue isn't affordable??

Actually, there are some tissues that leave fragile particles on your butthole after you're done wiping.
And,there are some that are durable and strong just like the normal writing paper.

I still don't get the one being referred to.
Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 01, 2021
StacyO:
Tissue paper please.

Why would you want to make use of water?? undecided

It's quite unhygienic to say the least.
Some go as far as eating with that same hand,immediately after the act. Bathing after you're done using tissue is far better.

Ayama! That place stinks right now. Water only.

6 Likes

Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by Liposure: 5:10pm On Jan 01, 2021
StacyO:

Quality tissue isn't affordable??

Actually, there are some tissues that leave fragile particles on your butthole after you're done wiping.
And,there are some that are durable and strong just like the normal writing paper.

I still don't get the one being referred to.
i'm talking about water, i'm not a fan of tissue after pooping

1 Like

Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jan 01, 2021
Mrbillionaire:

Ayama! That place stinks right now. Water only.
I know all of you quoting me can read.

This is the last reserve I'll be commenting.

Simple methods

Poo,clean with tissue first, take your bath(do that with soap and water undecided)

Poo,wash butt with soap and water(embarassed),wash hands with soap and water

Poo,wash butt with soap and water(embarassed),dry with tissue, wash hands with soap and water.

You already know mine from the three listed above.

All in all, do the one you find comfortable enough.

2 Likes

Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by fuckboys: 5:15pm On Jan 01, 2021
Seriously, I don't even know what tissue is for except wiping of our nostrils. I literally grew up with this in all my bathrooms

4 Likes

Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by hernandson(m): 5:17pm On Jan 01, 2021
hot water is the best, or hot red palm oil that have change colour
Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by KosiGee(m): 5:19pm On Jan 01, 2021
Both.

Tissue and wash.

You should have a shower after your no 2. It’s a must.
Total body wash not just the bidet kind of wash.
Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by KosiGee(m): 5:24pm On Jan 01, 2021
StacyO:

Ahan

I made you agree,tissue paper first, water second (with soap please),another soap and water to wash hands afterwards.

I was meaning to ask,why is it that whenever I make use of the toilet, whether it's just opening the toiler door, peeing or any other thing,

OCD for good toilet hygiene. That’s very good OCD. Some people have that.

Toilet, tissue or toilet roll, jump in the shower and complete the ritual with soap/ shower gel and water.

Come out feeling fresh and clean.
Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by Weneda(m): 5:26pm On Jan 01, 2021
Water all the way, after then use soap to wash ur hands

4 Likes

Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by Ffolksy: 5:37pm On Jan 01, 2021
StacyO:
Tissue paper please.

Why would you want to make use of water?? undecided

It's quite unhygienic to say the least.
Some go as far as eating with that same hand,immediately after the act. Bathing after you're done using tissue is far better.

I'm team water, though. Perhaps because I do it in my house only, and shortly before bath. For the tissue paper team, they are the ones known for poo stains in their pants. Tissue can never be as effective as water. My thought

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by ReluctantAdult(m): 6:06pm On Jan 01, 2021
Tango123:

There is no way u will put ur hand in there and ur nail will not go with ur fingers?

Even if u dont keep long nails, u do have nails. Try wash bitter leaf with ur low nails and tell me if ur nails dont change colour afterwards.

No matter how low ur nails are, shit will lodge between ur nails and ur finger, and also that place where the nail join the finger at the bottom of ur nails.

Really gross. I feel like vomiting even thinking of the amount of shit those who wash with water are carrying around.

That is why i hate eating out. I prefer whats cooked in my home.
grin cheesy
I'm thinking about totally stopping handshakes.

Wtf!!! How'd any sane human use water and their hands to wash smelly sh1t?! What a mess!

I want to believe it's a culture thing.

3 Likes

Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by JovialJune(f): 6:10pm On Jan 01, 2021
StacyO:

Ahan

There is no crawling things on our body, it's only a feeling,

Below is what I could come up with on google

2 Likes

Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by criuze(m): 6:11pm On Jan 01, 2021
if tissue cannot clean it just forget it

dont hope to hand check a gentleman after scratching your butts with bare hand.

afterall who knows the origin if corona virus

if you're not happy go and bath after visit,

in fact this is what disgust me with this kettle users, the same for cleaning, the same for drinking and you say you holy pass

2 Likes

Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by ReluctantAdult(m): 6:15pm On Jan 01, 2021
StacyO:

You think so??

Lol

Same way water wipes the butt clean is the same way tissue does the job.

Mostly take my bath after the whole cake baking.

But,my tissue roll comes first. Before packing feaces with your right hand.

*pukes*

grin

I mean wtf!!!

I can just imagine people poking their hands in their asses full of leftover sh1t and cleaning it with water!!! Madness!!

I mean even the people who choose to wash their ass in Western countries(Which I believe is a really insignificant percentage), according to the OP and as shown in the picture above, use a kind of faucet that pushes water out forcefully on their arse so they don't get to use their hands.

Perhaps it's a cultural thing.
Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by ReluctantAdult(m): 6:21pm On Jan 01, 2021
criuze:
if tissue cannot clean it just forget it

dont hope to hand check a gentleman after scratching your butts with bare hand.

afterall who knows the origin if corona virus

if you're not happy go and bath after visit,

in fact this is what disgust me with this kettle users, the same for cleaning, the same for drinking and you say you holy pass

grin grin

Hands, water and poop... Madness!!!

Totally unhygienic. To think they do this several times a day, everyday. Bruv the germs!!! lipsrsealed

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR / Woman Gives Birth To A Mystery Baby In Lagos(pictures) / Don’t Make The Mistake I Made

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.