Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,396 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? - Health (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? (72539 Views)

Stop Using Tissue Paper To Wipe Your Nyash After Poo, Always Use Water . / Indian Man Dies After Using Glue To Seal His Penis Shut In Drug-Fuelled Romp / How I Burnt My Chest After Using Harsh Chemicals On It (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by kolade560: 8:33pm On Jan 01, 2021
StacyO:
Tissue paper please.

Why would you want to make use of water?? undecided

It's quite unhygienic to say the least.
Some go as far as eating with that same hand,immediately after the act. Bathing after you're done using tissue is far better.
u can't always bath after toilet so ur point is baseless. using water with soap is far better

4 Likes

Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by Farki: 8:34pm On Jan 01, 2021
44Bulldog:

Washing ur butthole with water is not a proper hygiene right

Go to the average Nigerian toilet for public use, the toilet is usually dirty with just a bucket and bowl or even a simple plastic bottle for "cleaning" with no soap to use after.

Nigerians pour water, use their fingers to finger their anus well and rinse it with water and that doesn't get rid of the bacteria, worms or fecal particles but takes it from your hand to your mouth in the ideal wet and warm environment beneath your fingernails.

Using tissue paper properly to wipe and eliminate the passage of fecal matter onto the hand from the anus is much better or using a bidet to clean off fecal matter with water pressure eliminating contact with your fingers.

We do not use these methods to clean in the toilet which is why countries that commonly practice this have a higher rate of gastrointestinal disease. Although I shouldn't be surprised that we are so backwards that we might need foreigners to teach is how to do something as simple as wipe our asses.

The bottom line is that any method of cleaning with allows for direct contact of the hand with fecal matter especially when there is no soap is plain and simple wrong. Would you eat a meal made by someone who put their finger in their anus and swirled the hand round in water in your presence?

4 Likes

Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by Addme: 8:34pm On Jan 01, 2021
Water anyday anytime

1 Like

Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by lawrenzo007(m): 8:34pm On Jan 01, 2021
uunwanaobong3:
I know that the dirty Yoruba people go Choose tissue paper......

As a Calabar man, I will advise that for total hygienic healthy way of life, used soap and clean water to wash your ass thoroughly after stool

keep quit if u don't have idea of what you are saying... Most Yorubas especially the Muslims uses water to wash down.

it's the Ibos that uses tissue paper the most.

6 Likes

Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by emmavictory: 8:35pm On Jan 01, 2021
Abeg water is the best. I wonder why someone will use tissue and feel that you"'ve cleaned up. If no water, please baby wipes can be managed because it contains little water. Water and soap is the best please and wash hands with soap and water after the whole show.

1 Like

Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 01, 2021
This post and the comments makes me even more scared of shaking people's hands

3 Likes

Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by kolade560: 8:36pm On Jan 01, 2021
StacyO:

Even with left hand, I can't do it.

After bathing,I know I'm not percolating any germs on my palms.
That's y we toilet soaps, illiterate

1 Like

Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by alexola20(m): 8:36pm On Jan 01, 2021

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by SirLakes: 8:40pm On Jan 01, 2021
After pooing, clean with tissue and after sometime sniff your underwater grin grin grin

Next time, clean with soap and water and after sometime sniff your underwear.

You'll notice the difference grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by NSNA: 8:40pm On Jan 01, 2021
Soap and water and then dry with tissue is the most hygienic thing to do.

And wash your hands after with soap and water.

2 Likes

Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by Aflix(m): 8:40pm On Jan 01, 2021
SirLakes:

I can bet his ass stinks right now grin grin
No mind am. He wan De form for faceless forum
Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by Globalistic(f): 8:41pm On Jan 01, 2021
Guys, I prefer and do tissue oh!

1 Like

Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by eddybanty(m): 8:42pm On Jan 01, 2021
The best way:

Get ur medicated soap ( dettol, septol, etc) and lather in the bowl of water you wanna use to rinse preferably with the left hand. . Transfer the bowl to ur right hand and rinse off. Do it the 2nd time using ordinary water without involving d left hand.

wash your hands with soap thereafter.

100 % hygienic
Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by lawrenzo007(m): 8:43pm On Jan 01, 2021
Globalistic:
Guys, I prefer and do tissue oh!

SMH ... dirty girls everywhere

4 Likes

Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by oklahrelo(m): 8:43pm On Jan 01, 2021
Pochettino:
Only AFONJA will use water. Dirty beings. Ayama angry

Wetin you be .. AMAKA!!

Shitty beings..

You lack human senses... angry

3 Likes

Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by eldoradoxx: 8:43pm On Jan 01, 2021
Use tissue paper to wipe clean, then use soap and water to wash up, then wash your hand with soap and water. Nothing is neater than this. Anybody that uses only tissue is downright dirty, tissue can never clean up all the mess, water is the most potent cleanser

1 Like

Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by voltront: 8:44pm On Jan 01, 2021
StacyO:
Tissue paper please.

Some go as far as eating with that same hand,immediately after the act. Bathing after you're done using tissue is far better.
You were actually making a valid point, until you last sentence.
You have you bath with what? Yes, water. So you agree water is better.

1 Like

Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by justli: 8:45pm On Jan 01, 2021
JovialJune:

Lol when I saw her comment I cannot but laugh,

Tissue cannot clean the butt as thoroughly as water, then wash the both hands with soap after.

The butt isn't supposed to a dinning dish.... Wipe with tissue, bath in the morning and in the evening...very healthy as far as I know .

How do you keep your undies dry when you wash with water outside of your house?
Wet undies also breed bacteria and produces offensive smell

In public restrooms with multiple people using the facility, how do you take care of crumps of feaces that would inevitably stick to the floor, considering how careless we are in this part of the world

Let's not forget over 70prrcent would just run water through their hand and dash out...remains of particles and microbes in nails and in-between fingers is a sure way of transmitting disease ...

Again, tissue wipes considerably clean...if you bath twice a day, you don't have any problem...
Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by Allwell96: 8:46pm On Jan 01, 2021
I use water and soap while taking my bath. I use tissue when I'm not ready to bath, it's more hygienic to me o!
Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by johhbekeboh09: 8:48pm On Jan 01, 2021
doksblog:

https://doksblog.com/is-tissue-paper-or-water-more-hygienic-after-using-the-toilet/

I prefer clean water (sometimes i buy eva water sake of hygiene)
Wash my hands with soap and water when am done
Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by MossLuv: 8:48pm On Jan 01, 2021
water all the way. I can not date any girl that just use tissue. they stink!
Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by Hardeybahyour: 8:48pm On Jan 01, 2021
water z d best for cleaning, it will wash away the impurities n d odors
Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 01, 2021
SMBH:

If i pour shit on you. How do you get it cleaned? With tissue? I'm sure your answer is No... Then why do you clean your anus with tissue. Lol

Oil dey your head

3 Likes

Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by Yankee101: 8:50pm On Jan 01, 2021
Once you use your hands to touch sh*it it can be transferred to your mouth via eating. Hence the prevalence of typhoid in nigeria.

Typhoid is basically a feaces caused disease. Typhoid is not even among top 20 diseases in most developed countries cos they use tissue. In nigeria typhoid is top 2. After malaria na typhoid, high blood pressure, diabetes, sickle cell, child mortality, maternal mortality, cancer etc

Use tissue. Softer tissue if you have flushing problems. Add disinfectant or water to the tissue to feel cleaner. (If you get money treated, moist, scented tissue dey already)
Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by seunny4lif(m): 8:50pm On Jan 01, 2021
80% of Yorubas uses water e.g me
I have been using water since I was born even my wife has joined me in using hand.
If I dey outside, I use tissue but I my body no go normal until I reach house bath or wash my ass

1 Like

Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by alizma: 8:50pm On Jan 01, 2021
StacyO:
Tissue paper please.

But it is hygienic to be going around with left over of the waste on your body or do you think you can ever use tissue paper to clean yourself thoroughly as much as you can use water?
Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by seunny4lif(m): 8:50pm On Jan 01, 2021
All for you
MossLuv:
water all the way. I can not date any girl that just use tissue. they stink!

Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by Judolisco(m): 8:51pm On Jan 01, 2021
Karleb:

@bold

You say it as if we've not used both tissue and water.

Tissue cannot wipe nyansh clean as water.

Besides, you are expected to clean your nyansh with your left hand.
d thing dey surprise me oh even small pikin know say na left hand dem dey use 4 yansh
Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by BigBrother9ja: 8:51pm On Jan 01, 2021
StacyO:
Tissue paper please.

I feel disgusted by this post already.

Na so all of Una dey carry smelly yansh and toto about...
Yuck!
Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by Kanoski(m): 8:51pm On Jan 01, 2021
Well... Choose what works best 4 u, As 4 me.. Water does the job perfectly, I even rinse my dick cap with water after unrinating

1 Like

Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jan 01, 2021
studentofTruth:

Feel free. It's a well-known fact that pigs are the first to call others dirty. So, I don't reduce myself to your level.

The most hygienic thing to do is to use tissue paper and bathe afterward. If you are in a place where you can't bathe immediately, you bathe at the next most convenient time. That's what science will teach you.

You don't interact with people with your butthole, but you do with your hands. No amount of washing can remove fecal matter from the underneath of your fingers nails when you use your bare hands to handle feces.

I hope you have learned something new today. Cheers! Happy New Year!
I'm not surprised ur full of shit.. fyi u use ur left hand and wash properly with soap/ disinfectant. Forget all this stories about bathing after taking a shit. Between shitting and taking a bath u will definitely stink when u walk past someone. I know ur type. Enjoy the new year... Noah
Re: Is Tissue Paper Or Water More Hygienic After Using The Toilet? by Ensquare(m): 8:52pm On Jan 01, 2021
tnerro1:
Use tissue paper first and then wash up after. You will feel super clean wink
No need for tissue na.wash it with water straight away n stop wasting money

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply)

LUTH Sends Away Man Who Tested Positive For COVID-19 Over Lack Of Bed Space - SR / Woman Gives Birth To A Mystery Baby In Lagos(pictures) / Don’t Make The Mistake I Made

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.