Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,785 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 (44862 Views)

5 Books To Sharpen Your Writing Skill In 2020 / The 10 Books You Should Read In 2020 To Have A Productive Year / I Read In The Bathroom - Dami Ajayi, Author Of A Woman's Body Is A Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by Abdulqareem: 1:43pm On Jan 03, 2021
bamasite2:
Ok.

George S. Clason's Richest man in Babylon remains an all time best selling classic.

I have audio for the laws of Human nature but not done listening to it.

I can recommend many more, but for career people, read Carl Newport's So Good They Can't Ignore You and take your career to the next level.

For Business People, read Akin Alabi's Small Business Big Money.

Everyone needs to listen to these two programs by Bob Proctor:

1. Thinking into results
2. The Secret Science of Getting Rich Edition featuring Bob Proctor, Michael Beckwitt, Jack Canfield.

All except Akin Alabi's book available in audio from me.

Then share with a brother. abdulqareemismaeel60@gmail.com. Thanks bro
Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by lilmaydee(m): 2:01pm On Jan 03, 2021
tot:

Do you mind sharing the recommendations for teenagers here? Thanks

These are my collections for teenagers:

1. You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life - by Jen Sincero

2. The Art of Work: A Proven Path to Discovering What You Were Meant to Do - by Jeff Goins

3. The Life You Were Born to Live: A Guide to Finding Your Life Purpose - by Dan Millman

You can get these books in pdf format online.
Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by Sleekfingers: 2:48pm On Jan 03, 2021
DamnnNiggarr:
angry
So how does reading those books stop the ravaging hardship in Nigeria??

blackman and their flimsy excuses......

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by tot(f): 11:00am On Jan 04, 2021
lilmaydee:

These are my collections for teenagers:

1. You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life - by Jen Sincero

2. The Art of Work: A Proven Path to Discovering What You Were Meant to Do - by Jeff Goins

3. The Life You Were Born to Live: A Guide to Finding Your Life Purpose - by Dan Millman

You can get these books in pdf format online.

Thanks very much.
Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by medolab90(m): 1:53pm On Jan 04, 2021
lilmaydee:
Top 5 books to read in 2021.

Happy new year to everyone. It shall be a year of success for us all.

It has been said that, "readers are leaders." As we welcome year, 2021, these are the list of books to read to sharpen our minds.

1. Outwitting the devil - (Napoleon Hill): This book encourages readers to make use of their minds; to think for themselves; to have a definite purpose and how to avoid the habit of drifting.

2. The richest man in Babylon - (George S. Clason)
This book gives you practical tips on how to increase your earnings, how to control your expenditures, how to guard your wealth from loss.

3. Meditation - (Marcus Aurelius)
It gives you the philosophy for living. Philosophies used by great men in the past and how to live a meaningful life.

4. The laws of human nature - (Robert Greene) : this book teaches you about human nature. How to understand yourself and others.

5. How to stop worrying and start living - (Dale Carnegie) : this book outlines how to overcome worry in practical ways with examples of people's story and how they overcame it.

That's it everyone. Let's know your thoughts about those books if you have read them. You can recommend other books in the comment section below.

Happy new year once again.

Nice list. Please can you recommend a book to read on self improvement and self development especially in the aspect of confidence. Thanks
Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by dsocioemmy(m): 2:56pm On Jan 04, 2021
Nice collection for the new year
Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by tot(f): 3:12pm On Jan 04, 2021
medolab90:

Nice list. Please can you recommend a book to read on self improvement and self development especially in the aspect of confidence. Thanks

You can check out How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by lilmaydee(m): 3:33pm On Jan 04, 2021
medolab90:

These are my recommendation:

1. The subtle art of not giving a fvck - by Mark Manson. This book will shift your focus, if you have been concentrating on irrelevant things.

2. Confidence - by Tomas Chamoro-Premuzic

3. The six pillars of self-esteem - by Nathaniel Branden.

Lack of confidence is usually borne out of feeling of inadequacy at something. Do some self examination/analysis, and discover what it is that is making you to feel that way.

You can read, "why you act the way you do - by Tim Lahaye; to discover your temperament, because some temperaments are more disposed to low self esteem than others.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by HooxJnr(m): 7:25pm On Jan 04, 2021
Please any special application I can download to listen to audiobooks?
Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by Yian1(m): 11:13am On Jan 05, 2021
Pharaoh4rin:
I'm looking for two book's author. Pls and pls if there's anyone who can help me, I'll be eternally grateful. They are
1. PLAYED
2. TIDAL WAVE.
PLAYED - This is one of the best novels I raed in 2007. I borrowed d novel from a friend in Okeira (ogba, Ikeja) at the time. But he lost d book and he 4got d name of the author as well as I did.

TIDAL WAVE - I read the book in 2003. A neighbour whom we live in the same street at Prince Adedeji Adelowo street, Lekki phase1 gave me the book. I returned it afterwards but she misplaced it. I need those two books like kilode. I've searched Google in and out but it's not helpful. I need ur assistance. Thanks.

I've got the Tidal Wave with me.
Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by Olive25: 3:24pm On Jan 05, 2021
I just ended reading Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty. The story is described so realistically that it seems to you that you are also now in Australia and watching the events. Every story of the main characters touches the soul and you are sincerely worried about them. It is an engaging story filled with murder and mystery. The idea is very interesting. On the first page you will find out that the murder happened. But throughout the story, you have no idea who is the victim. At the same time, the genre cannot be called a detective story. A fascinating book about relationships.
Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by Joshforeal: 8:15pm On Jan 05, 2021
tot:

pdfdrive.com
Thank you. Most Grateful

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by medolab90(m): 9:28pm On Jan 05, 2021
tot:

You can check out How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie.
lilmaydee:

These are my recommendation:

1. The subtle art of not giving a fvck - by Mark Manson. This book will shift your focus, if you have been concentrating on irrelevant things.

2. Confidence - by Tomas Chamoro-Premuzic

3. The six pillars of self-esteem - by Nathaniel Branden.

Lack of confidence is usually borne out of feeling of inadequacy at something. Do some self examination/analysis, and discover what it is that is making you to feel that way.

You can read, "why you act the way you do - by Tim Lahaye; to discover your temperament, because some temperaments are more disposed to low self esteem than others.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by 99thEnemy(m): 9:50pm On Jan 05, 2021
lilmaydee:

It has been said that, "readers are leaders." As we welcome year, 2021, these are the list of books to read to sharpen our minds.

1. Outwitting the devil - (Napoleon Hill): This book encourages readers to make use of their minds; to think for themselves; to have a definite purpose and how to avoid the habit of drifting.

This book gives you practical tips on how to increase your earnings, how to control your expenditures, how to guard your wealth from loss.

It gives you the philosophy for living. Philosophies used by great men in the past and how to live a meaningful life.

4. The laws of human nature - (Robert Greene) : this book teaches you about human nature. How to understand yourself and others.

5. How to stop worrying and start living - (Dale Carnegie) : this book outlines how to overcome worry in practical ways with examples of people's story and how they overcame it.

That's it everyone. Let's know your thoughts about those books if you have read them. You can recommend other books in the comment section below.

Nice collection...

You should Add:

The Mafia Manager : A Guide to the Corporate Machiavelli: by V

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11168579_11134848tmpcam1851353434jpeg625ccb5ef793c8fee8dbbda2dddfd187_jpeg_jpeg8f9252cd782f3c4126ee9d6ccf705242
Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by Pharaoh4rin(m): 8:45am On Jan 07, 2021
Yian1:

I've got the Tidal Wave with me.

How do I get it? Would you mind selling/lending/gifting to me?

I so much need it. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by Nobody: 9:14am On Jan 07, 2021
lilmaydee:

Thank you for the advice. However, those books actually have great impart in my life.

All the best!
Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by ademolaamoo(m): 1:16am On Jan 12, 2021
[quote author=lilmaydee post=97631404] Top 5 books to read in 2021.

[b] nice one bro
Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by Drshobz(m): 10:58am On Jan 18, 2021
lilmaydee:

Please do you have pdf of outwitting the devil
I have searched for it but I can't find it online
Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by lilmaydee(m): 11:42am On Jan 18, 2021
Drshobz:

Please do you have pdf of outwitting the devil I have searched for it but I can't find it online
yes, I do.
Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by Drshobz(m): 11:59am On Jan 18, 2021
lilmaydee:

yes, I do.

Please sir help a brother out
Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by Drshobz(m): 8:20pm On Jan 18, 2021
Baba abeg am still waiting
Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by lilmaydee(m): 10:35pm On Jan 18, 2021
Drshobz:

Please sir help a brother out

Copied. You can delete your email address.
Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by Drshobz(m): 9:38am On Jan 19, 2021
lilmaydee:

Ok sir
Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by Drshobz(m): 8:02pm On Jan 19, 2021
lilmaydee:

Boss I still dey wait oo
Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by lilmaydee(m): 10:01pm On Jan 20, 2021
Drshobz:

Boss I still dey wait oo
Sent

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by Drshobz(m): 10:23pm On Jan 21, 2021
lilmaydee:

Sent

Thank u boss

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by splendid2: 10:30pm On Jan 24, 2021
b03liberty:
. Try to read the power, hero and the magic too

OK, I will read them.
Thanks
Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by Patriotic9ja(m): 5:14pm On Feb 18, 2021
lilmaydee:

OP, thanks for your topic. It has challenged me to start reading once again.
Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by coolcat01: 9:30am On May 29, 2021
The last book that made me cry was Flowers for Algernon. The book is written in the diary genre. It is easy to read, in one breath. Affects very subtle levels of the human psyche. Things are rising that many of us have thought and are thinking about ... I was surprised in one place by the description of the hero, which looks like he is in a meditative state: the body expands, merges almost with the universe, etc. I liked the book very much, because I am very interested in the psychology of the human soul and this kind of work: the description of the sensations of the most experimented is amazing and unusual.
Re: Top 5 Books To Read In 2021 by AlfredMartinez: 1:00am On Nov 02, 2021
What great recommendations, I will definitely read all of these books. But first, I'll finish reading Persepolis, by the way, I would also recommend it. You can familiarize yourself with the plot on the site https://freebooksummary.com/category/the-complete-persepolis here is a short summary of what the story is about. Advising a book is always exciting, so I hope you enjoy it! Enjoy reading.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Binyavanga Wainaina Is Dead! HIV Positive Gay Rights Activist And Author Dies / The 48 Laws Of Power- Which Of The Laws Is Your Favourite? / A Tale Of Two Lovebirds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.