Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,484 members, 7,781,450 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:34 PM

Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In The World - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In The World (4126 Views)

Nigerian Law School Places 5-Year Ban On Datti Ahmed’s Baze University / Narrate The Most Dangerous Thing You Did In Secondary School / Eight(8) Places In The World You Are Not Allowed To Visit Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In The World by WriterX(m): 8:31am On Jan 02, 2021
so you are thinking of going on a honeymoon or just want to test out your new international passport out and you decided to pick a place bcause you guts tell you it sounds like a cool place to be, well i hope its none of these places because this is our official new year top 10 most dangerous places.

10. DEATH ROAD

North Yungas Road is known as the “Death Road” for all the right reasons that you can guess. Driving up or down this 43-mile (69-kilometer) switchback is extremely dangerous because of fog, landslides, waterfalls and cliffs falling 2,000 feet (610 meters) in each turn. Until 1994, almost 300 drivers were killed every year, justifying its nickname and putting it in the list of the most dangerous places to visit in the world.

The road extends far enough to connect the Amazon rainforest to the capital city, surrounded by mountainous terrain. This means that merchants were not unusual to cram into trucks and buses trying to sell their wood and crops in the area. The hairpin turns, however, were not wide enough for each vehicle — further leading many trucks to go down with people and their livelihoods.

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In The World by WriterX(m): 8:35am On Jan 02, 2021
9. SNAKE ISLAND

There is an island about 25 miles off Brazil’s coast where no local would ever dare to walk. There are rumors that the last fisherman who strayed too close to his shores was found drifting in his boat days later, lifeless in a blood pool.

The mysterious island is known as Ilha da Queimada Grande, and setting foot there is reportedly so dangerous that the Brazilian government has made it illegal for anyone to visit. The island’s threat comes in the form of the golden lancehead snakes – a pit viper species and one of the world’s deadliest serpents.

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In The World by WriterX(m): 8:37am On Jan 02, 2021
8. LAKE NATRON

Let’s not allow the ring of salt marshes along the edge of Lake Natron fool us. This lake is better known as one of the most inhospitable areas on Earth. North Tanzania’s Lake Natron looks and acts a lot like a lake of fire. The lake’s high levels of Natron (sodium carbonate decahydrate) make its waters corrosive to human skin and eyes, sometimes reaching a ph level of over 12.

The lake also contains red-colored bacteria, resulting in its unique pink-red hues. Even if most species cannot handle the 120-degree lake water, cyanobacteria have made Natron their home and turned the lake its trademark reds and oranges. Surprisingly, 2.5 million Lesser Flamingos call Lake Natron their home, considering that it is one of their only breeding grounds, further making the protection of the lake a priority for the climate.

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In The World by WriterX(m): 8:40am On Jan 02, 2021
7. OYMYAKON

Oymyakon is a small village located in the Oymyakonsky district in Russia. This place is considered to be one of the most dangerous places because of its extreme climatic condition. The severe temperature makes it impossible for life to sustain in this region. The temperature drops to as low as -40 degrees Celsius (-90 degree Fahrenheit), making it impossible for tourists or travelers to visit the place safely as not many can survive this temperature.

Apart from the cold, people do not visit this place as no vegetables are available and nothing can be grown, so the lack of food is another major issue. Only about 500 people have managed to settle down in this place and survive the bitter cold, but i am still sure if some of us get a free pass , this place can be home sweet home.

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In The World by syluck(m): 8:46am On Jan 02, 2021
I think number 7 is a pass for me
Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In The World by KnowledgeVault: 8:48am On Jan 02, 2021
Interesting.. Looking at number 10

6 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In The World by WriterX(m): 8:56am On Jan 02, 2021
6. DEATH VALLEY

Death Valley is a desert valley on the California and Nevada border with extreme heat. It is known as one of the hottest places across the world. There are only a few deserts in the Middle East and Africa, approaching peak temperatures during the summer which can give competition to the Death Valley. The hottest place on Earth had its hottest month record in July 2018. The average temperature, including overnight lows, was 108.1°F. For four days in a row, the daily highs hit a temperature of 127°F, it’s the highest recorded temperature.

A band of settlers lived here in the winters around 1849-1850 and gave Death Valley its forbidden name. While only one person died here, as far as we know, they all thought this valley would be their cemetery. They were saved by two of their young men who had learned to be scouts, William Lewis Manly and John Rogers. As the men climbed over the Panamint Mountains from the valley, one of the men turned and looked back, saying, “goodbye, Death Valley” earning its place in the top dangerous places in the world.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In The World by WriterX(m): 9:03am On Jan 02, 2021
5. SKELETON COAST

Skeleton Coast is spread across the south of Angola to the north of Namibia. It stretches from the Kunene River (south) to the Swakop River. The skeleton coast ranks in the list of “the deadliest places on earth” because of it’s harsh climate, and it offers almost zero chance of survival. The weather, hot winds, and lack of food, and water makes it difficult for travelers to explore this silent place.

Apart from harsh climatic conditions, the area is filled with bones of numerous animals (bones of whales, elephants, turtles, seals, etc.), giving a sour appearance to the place. Apart from natural conditions, human threats (gang violence and robbery) make it unfit for tourists to explore the place. Undoubtedly, it is among the most dangerous places on Earth.

4 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In The World by WriterX(m): 9:06am On Jan 02, 2021
4. DANAKIL DESERT

what's worst than a desert? a volcanic active desert i would say. One of the most uninhabited environments in the World is the Danakil Desert in East Africa. With temperatures that regularly exceed 50°C (122°F), volcanoes and geysers that spew toxic gas, the Danakil Desert is not an easily accessible location for travel enthusiasts. Your physical health can take a massive hit even if you stay there for a short period of time.

The most adverse effects occur due to the presence of high concentration of poisoning vapors of sulfur in the region. This region is a volcanically active area and on top of that, to increase the risk, the air temperature in the desert rarely falls below 50 degrees Celsius. Thereby making the Danakil desert one of the most dangerous areas in the world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In The World by WriterX(m): 9:08am On Jan 02, 2021
3. THE GATES OF HELL

The Turkmenistan Darvaza Gas Crater is known as the “Gates of Hell.” It is a natural gas field within an underground cave; Geologists set it on fire to prevent methane gas from spreading, and it has been burning since 1971. It is located in the middle of the Karakum Desert, about 260 kilometers north of Turkmenistan’s capital, near the village of Derweze, Ashgabat.

The gas reserve that has been discovered here is one of the World’s most extensive natural gasses. Locals gave the name “Door to hell” to the area, referring to the explosion, boiling mud, and orange flames in the large crater, 70 meters (230 ft) in diameter. The hot spots spread across an area 60 meters (200ft) long and roughly 20 meters (66 ft) deep. Which is why it ranks top 3 for us.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In The World by doctorexcel: 9:18am On Jan 02, 2021
The gate to hell is damn scary. All nigerian politicians should be forced to go on excursion there before swearing-in

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In The World by WriterX(m): 9:20am On Jan 02, 2021
2. NORTH SENTINEL ISLAND

North Sentinel island is situated in the Andaman Islands and is considered one of the most dangerous places in the world for tourists to visit. The native people of this place have been living in their traditional way and have denied all possible ways to connect with the outer world. The tribal people living on this island are not used to outside people and could result to hostility if they feel threatened.
recall a US national was killed when he tried to go on a missionary trip, he was shot down by bows and arrows.

Another reason why people are asked not to visit the place because of the safety of the tribal community. They have absolutely no immunity and tourists can carry some disease-causing germs and may spread it to the whole community.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In The World by WriterX(m): 9:53am On Jan 02, 2021
1. THE ASMAT TRIBE, NEW GUINEA

As if human cannibalism wasn't terrifying enough,though they are widely known for the quality of their wood sculptures, they are also notorious for their traditional practises of headhunting and cannibalism. Asmat did not only hunt for skulls, they also worshipped them. The skulls of the deceased were stripped of the brain and the eyes and nasal parts were closed up in order to prevent evil spirits to enter or exit the body. Skulls that were modified and decorated in this way, were displayed by the Asmat in a honourable place in their long homes.

Besides the fact that the Asmat were head-hunters, they also “hunted for names”. They believed that when they killed a man and ate him, they take his power and become him.

Every person was named after someone deceased, or after a killed enemy.

A child was sometimes given a name only ten years after it was born, and after its village set out to kill a man from an enemy village nearby.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In The World by WriterX(m): 9:54am On Jan 02, 2021
KnowledgeVault:
Interesting.. Looking at number 10

awesome man.

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In The World by michlins(m): 10:08am On Jan 02, 2021
And a place inhabited by humans topped the list. Places with active volcanoes couldn't.

Humans work hard every day to perfect wickedness

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In The World by INnaMAN: 10:16am On Jan 02, 2021
dis number 1 sha.afo n ja bl ood line

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In The World by ouzo1(m): 10:17am On Jan 02, 2021
Dangerous place to visit for me is My Girlfriend's family house, I rather visit any of the places listed above.

13 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In The World by Bedesipop(m): 10:23am On Jan 02, 2021
One day
one day

we go enter Those place;
na just tym!

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In The World by end1999constitu(m): 10:34am On Jan 02, 2021
.....me rushing to that one

if you know you know grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In The World by Basher8583: 10:54am On Jan 02, 2021
end1999constitu:

Pervert. Those cuchies will be very unhealthy for you to whip
Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In The World by VictorUSA(m): 11:08am On Jan 02, 2021
doctorexcel:
The gate to hell is damn scary. All nigerian politicians should be forced to go on excursion there before swearing-in
Laugh! Laugh! Laugh! so FUNNY!!!

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In The World by VictorUSA(m): 11:14am On Jan 02, 2021
ouzo1:
Dangerous place to visit for me is My Girlfriend's family house, I rather visit any of the places listed above.
Abi ?
Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In The World by theFilmtric: 11:40am On Jan 02, 2021
Nice But I won't mind visiting no 7 Lalasticlala mynd44
theFilmtricsay
Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In The World by Nobody: 11:40am On Jan 02, 2021
I need 5 person's to register with my link kiss cry
I'm trying to meet the deadline cry
https://share.studentsearncash.co/teazicrypto1
Sponsored for free
Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In The World by NiklauseFred(m): 12:00pm On Jan 02, 2021
end1999constitu:

The smell of the coochie go choke you cheesy

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In The World by fiyinfoluwa29093: 12:13pm On Jan 02, 2021
dis number 1 sha.afo n ja bl ood line
Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In The World by GMBuhari: 12:30pm On Jan 02, 2021
You didn't add Nigeria

Buhari regime is a disaster
Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In The World by Bluehill1051: 12:41pm On Jan 02, 2021
Erin Ijesha in Osun state should be on the list
Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In The World by humilitypays(m): 12:53pm On Jan 02, 2021
Op where is Sambisa Forest Borno State

Benue, Jos, Kankara Katsina State, Abuja-Kaduna highway and Southern Kaduna

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In The World by taiwotimitt: 1:17pm On Jan 02, 2021
Bluehill1051:
Erin Ijesha in Osun state should be on the list

It's a new year. Stop nonsense
Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In The World by Masterclass32: 1:18pm On Jan 02, 2021
This thing was rigged. Nigeria should be on the list.

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In The World by BestMan001: 2:07pm On Jan 02, 2021
Wonderful writeup.

Lets learn something today!

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Lecturer Cited "Nairaland" In His Book. / Online University Mathematics; A New Section Of Mathsvillage.org / Unifecs - Oau, A Business Centre Or Resource Centre?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.