Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,241 members, 7,780,475 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:09 PM

With The NIN Number, SIM Replacement Becomes Easy - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / With The NIN Number, SIM Replacement Becomes Easy (341 Views)

FG Lifts Suspension on SIM Replacement / NIN Issues: I Never Registered For NIN.. How Do I Verify The NIN from *346#? / How Did I Get The NIN Without Registration? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

With The NIN Number, SIM Replacement Becomes Easy by BluntCrazeMan: 6:39pm On Jan 02, 2021
In a statement jointly released by the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) and the National Communications Commission (NCC) as Jointly signed by Dr. Adinde (Director of Public Affairs - NCC) and Mr Kayode Adegoke (NIMC), The made it clear that the Hon. Minister for Communication and Digital Economy has approved a SIM Replacement Policy for subscribers whose SIMs have been lost, stolen, misplaced or damaged subject to the following conditions:
i) That the subscriber present a NIN;
ii) That an effective verification of the NIN is carried out by NIMC; and
iii) That the relevant Guidelines and Regulations of NCC concerning SIM Replacement are fully adhered to.

https://twitter.com/nimc_ng/status/1345411514031865858?s=19

PRESS RELEASE

SIM REPLACEMENT POLICY
FOR THE NIGERIAN TELECOMMUNICATIONS INDUSTRY

The Federal Government drive to ensure all Subscriber registrations are linked with National Identification Numbers (NINs) is moving forward and all stakeholders in the industry are working together to ensure the process is carried out as seamlessly as possible. The Government would like to seize this opportunity to sincerely appreciate Nigerians for the understanding and commitment demonstrated towards ensuring the overall success of this exercise.

The Ministerial Task Force under the Chairmanship of the Honourable Minister of Communications and Digital Economy setup a Technical Committee made up of representatives of:
1. Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC);
2. National Identity Management Commission (NIMC);
3). The Association of Licensed Telecommunications Operators of Nigeria (ALTON); and
4). Mobile Network Operators (MNOs).

The Technical Committee is charged with the operationalization of the process to ensure an expedited linkage of all SIM Registration Records with NIN.

Based on recommendations of the Technical Committee, the Honourable Minister of Communications and Digital Economy has approved a SIM Replacement Policy for subscribers whose SIMs have been lost, stolen, misplaced or damaged subject to the following conditions:
i) That the subscriber present a NIN;
ii) That an effective verification of the NIN is carried out by NIMC; and
iii) That the relevant Guidelines and Regulations of NCC concerning SIM Replacement are fully adhered to.

This policy is part of the Federal Government’s efforts to reduce the burden on subscribers and simplify the exercise. It's aimed at enabling telecommunications service users who need to replace their damaged, stolen or misplaced SIMs to be able to re-establish access to telecom services.

Thank You

Signed
Dr. Adinde
Director Public Affairs
NCC

Signed
Mr Kayode Adegoke
NIMC

1 Like

Re: With The NIN Number, SIM Replacement Becomes Easy by BluntCrazeMan: 6:40pm On Jan 02, 2021
Lalasticlala..
Re: With The NIN Number, SIM Replacement Becomes Easy by BluntCrazeMan: 6:40pm On Jan 02, 2021
Seun
Re: With The NIN Number, SIM Replacement Becomes Easy by Kamdil: 6:51pm On Jan 02, 2021
You will still swear affidavit amongst other procedures including your NIN.
Re: With The NIN Number, SIM Replacement Becomes Easy by yanabasee(m): 7:09pm On Jan 02, 2021
So, if you want to welcome back your sim, you'll have to visit NIMC office first, then proceed to your SP outlet to complete the registration.... Or You register the sim then proceed to NIMC office to verify your NIN on the sim....

I hope with time, the FG will not be taxing us for having more than two sims....

I love the idea of data collation...But i doubt if we have a system to protect the data from ethical hackers ...

1 Like

Re: With The NIN Number, SIM Replacement Becomes Easy by MMXX: 1:22am On Jan 03, 2021
After this whole process is fully adopted n forgotten about,if you eventually loss your SIM something that you presume would now be a very easy SIM replacement process would turn into another hectic process field with unwarranted and undue exaction.
Re: With The NIN Number, SIM Replacement Becomes Easy by scarycuteface(m): 11:57pm On Jan 03, 2021
As if its that simple

(1) (Reply)

Iphone 7plus 128gb @115k / What Should One Do Before Giving Ones Phone Up For Repairs? / Get Free Usa Phone Numbers To Open Whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.