Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? (9351 Views)

Unforgiveness: One Subtle Sin That Would Take Many Christians To Hell / The "Small Sin" That Will Send The Most People To Hell-fire. / It Is Only One Sin That Sends People To Hell Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:41am On Jan 03, 2021
For me, I can't really say which one exactly, because I was having issues of the cares of this world, covetousness, materialism, sexual lust, etc, so it was perhaps the combination of all those tendencies that seemed to prevent me from making that decision for God.

But I know there are some to whom it's just one thing, like a friend of mine who said it was "women", that was just his issue that made him not to make that decision to surrender his life to God.

What i've come to learn after I made that decision, is that whatever it was that was preventing anyone from making that decision to come to Christ was that which should bring the person to Christ, because He is One that has the solution to that issue whatever it is. Hence His saying:

Matthew 11:28 (KJV)

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

So you don't have to wait for that issue to go away before you come to Christ because you might keep waiting til it's too late. All you need, is the willingness to change, so come to Him with that willingness and He'd would make that willingness to become obedience.

If He did it for me and many others, He could also do it for you.

God bless.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by chatinent: 7:57am On Jan 03, 2021
We are sinful by nature.

You only need to draw close to God first and watch God draw close to you. (James 4: 8 ).

9 Likes

Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by falcon01: 8:14am On Jan 03, 2021
if jesus can't love people for who they are then he isn't as good as they say.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by sacajawea: 8:27am On Jan 03, 2021
Poverty.
When it has Continued for way too long than it should, Poverty is a Very Big Sin from the Heavens to me.

20 Likes

Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by Lifeisgoody: 8:28am On Jan 03, 2021
Hmmmmm. So much temptations in the world today.
Only God can help us

1 Like

Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by hopefulLandlord: 8:28am On Jan 03, 2021
Why exactly would I go to "Christ"? isn't this Jesus a god all many Africans believe in but the Jews don't? The last time religious census was conducted in Israel they had 2% Christians while Muslims made up 14% https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/03/08/key-findings-religion-politics-israel/

these are people whose ancestors lived during the time and saw this Jesus live and die but they don't believe he was dying for them

a Nigerian, however, read from a book and concluded that 98% of the Jews are wrong because logic favours storytelling over experiencing something, Amirite you must know Obasanjo more than the people living with and around him because you read Punch newspapers and check internet for news about him.

The worst part is the book they read and conclude on is a slavery endorsing book handed to their ancestors by their pink skinned slavemasters. a book that didnt even acknowledge your existence; or where in your Jewish mythology book called Bible is it written that Noah left israel, traveled down to the deep jungles of Africa to warn your forefathers of an impending "global" flood?

Coming to Christ for me would be a middle finger to common sense and a welcome sign to stupidity

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by Pavicx(m): 8:28am On Jan 03, 2021
NIGERIA

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by Wartsnigeria: 8:28am On Jan 03, 2021
Fornication

3 Likes

Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by ATEAMS: 8:29am On Jan 03, 2021
Them plenty

1 Like

Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by AntiChristian: 8:29am On Jan 03, 2021
I'm just not interested and will never be till I die. Aamin.

2 Likes

Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by HelpYourself(m): 8:29am On Jan 03, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
For me, I can't really say which one exactly, because I was having issues of the cares of this world, covetousness, materialism, sexual lust, etc, so it was perhaps the combination of all those tendencies that seemed to prevent me from making that decision for God.

But I know there are some to whom it's just one thing, like a friend of mine who said it was "women", that was just his issue that made him not to make that decision to surrender his life to God.

What i've come to learn after I made that decision, is that whatever it was that was preventing anyone from making that decision to come to Christ was that which should bring the person to Christ, because He is One that has the solution to that issue whatever it is. Hence His saying:

Matthew 11:28 (KJV)

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

So you don't have to wait for that issue to go away before you come to Christ because you might keep waiting til it's too late. All you need, is the willingness to change, so come to Him with that willingness and He'd would make that willingness to become obedience.

If He did it for me and many others, He could also do it for you.

God bless.

The decision to change ones life is not some dramatic accepting jesus and crying

It's as simple as deciding to do good

Go to the thread and see those young men counting their days without masturbation that is impressive

Instead of this falsehood open a thread let people start counting to their days without sin

The decision to change is as simple as that

Stop making everything a big drama

The church has ruined christianity just as the mosque ruined true islam

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by AOB1: 8:29am On Jan 03, 2021
Mine is bet9ja and pussy tongue

6 Likes

Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by Houseofglam7(f): 8:30am On Jan 03, 2021
undecided
Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by Nobody: 8:31am On Jan 03, 2021
No sin.
Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by UgoFly: 8:31am On Jan 03, 2021
GofuckYourself:

The decision to change ones life is not some dramatic accepting jesus and crying

Go to the thread and see those young men counting their days without masturbation that is impressive

Instead of this falsehood open a thread let people start counting to their days without sin

lol. What do you think Christianity is?

1 Like

Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by paulolee(m): 8:32am On Jan 03, 2021
1..being broke because I found out that doing the illegal tinz bring more cash and big cash, was once doing the play boy stuff last 3yrs, arranging street girls for big men in the club I work n that was my most financial year ever..
2..the world we leave is sinful and one can't go a week without indulging in so many petty sins..
3..the worst is fornication, gambling and alcohol...they were among my cutoff list for the year, its barely a week n I have done all..baba na ur GRACE I need

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by Ikpunekenwa(m): 8:33am On Jan 03, 2021
wink

1 Like

Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:33am On Jan 03, 2021
Abeg carry your lies go elsewhere.

You obviously know the Truth but are just here to deceive.

So stop pretending you don't know that this is the Truth and that's why it pains you so much.

We won't fall for it!

God bless.

GofuckYourself:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by HelpYourself(m): 8:33am On Jan 03, 2021
UgoFly:

lol. What do you think Christianity is?

You don't have any idea my friend

wink
Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by Nobody: 8:33am On Jan 03, 2021
living in Nigeria alone na sin

2 Likes

Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by HelpYourself(m): 8:34am On Jan 03, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Abeg carry your lies go elsewhere.

You obviously know the Truth but are just here to deceive.

So stop pretending you don't know that this is the Truth and that's why it pains you so much.

We won't fall for it!

God bless.

Wow

That escalated very quickly!

You went from calm to harsh so quickly

But you made not one point but just attacked me

Bros take it easy

3 Likes

Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by Always82: 8:35am On Jan 03, 2021
my is poverty and women.

1 Like

Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by StephenAtir(m): 8:36am On Jan 03, 2021
Unbelief
Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by Kentuforchrist(m): 8:38am On Jan 03, 2021
Mine is masturbation

2 Likes

Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by Izychi: 8:42am On Jan 03, 2021
hopefulLandlord:
Why exactly would I go to "Christ"? isn't this Jesus a god all many Africans believe in but the Jews don't? The last time religious census was conducted in Israel they had 2% Christians while Muslims made up 14% https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/03/08/key-findings-religion-politics-israel/

these are people whose ancestors lived during the time and saw this Jesus live and die but they don't believe he was dying for them

a Nigerian, however, read from a book and concluded that 98% of the Jews are wrong because logic favours storytelling over experiencing something, Amirite you must know Obasanjo more than the people living with and around him because you read Punch newspapers and check internet for news about him.

The worst part is the book they read and conclude on is a slavery endorsing book handed to their ancestors by their pink skinned slavemasters. a book that didnt even acknowledge your existence; or where in your Jewish mythology book called Bible is it written that Noah left israel, traveled down to the deep jungles of Africa to warn your forefathers of an impending "global" flood?

Coming to Christ for me would be a middle finger to common sense and a welcome sign to stupidity

You condemn what you don't obviously understand.

1. Noah didn't leave Israel to Africa to warn them of the coming global flooding.... Was there an Israel nation at that time? Do you know the part of the world inhabited at that time?

It's not a must to believe in Christ or not. Leave your life however you want it, at the end we'd know who was wrong, and who was right.

8 Likes

Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:42am On Jan 03, 2021
GofuckYourself:

Wow

That escalated very quickly!

You went from calm to harsh so quickly

But you made not one point but just attacked me

Bros take it easy
What's the harshness in what I said?

And what was the attack?

It seems you just want to claim to be the victim despite being the aggressor in this case.

But just so you'd know, i'm not here to make any point to you, but just to speak the Truth.

And that Truth which I speak pains you for obvious reasons that you must rubbish it.

But that doesn't change the fact that it's the Truth.

Deal with it!
Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by HelpYourself(m): 8:43am On Jan 03, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
What's the harshness in what I said?

And what was the attack?

It seems you just want to claim to be the victim despite being the aggressor in this case.

But just so you'd know, i'm not here to make any point to you, but just to speak the Truth.

And that Truth which I speak pains you for obvious reasons that you must rubbish it.

But that doesn't change the fact that it's the Truth.

Deal with it!

Wow

Why so salty sir?

Are you angry ?

Where is the pain? Everyone knows I am always open for conversations and debate but you came on so harshly

Wow this is a new year uncle be calm
Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by Offpoint1: 8:45am On Jan 03, 2021
Altering my NEPA meter...

I know if I go to God He might say I stop...

1 Like

Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:47am On Jan 03, 2021
GofuckYourself:

Wow

Why so salty sir?

Are you angry ?

Where is the pain? Everyone knows I am always open for conversations and debate but you came on so harshly

Wow this is a new year uncle be calm
Every person who doesn't know who you truly are and what your mission here is.

I know what you're about, that's the difference.

So friendship or conversation is not by force abi?

Or is use of force your style you that is feigning calmness?
Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by HelpYourself(m): 8:51am On Jan 03, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Every ignorant person who doesn't know who you truly are and what your mission here is.

I know what you're about, that's the difference.

So friendship or conversation is not by force abi?

Or is use of force your style you that is feigning calmness?

Aha

Why are you so angry and bitter ?

Man I shudder at what you are capable of bro with this sort of anger
Re: What's That Sin That Prevents You From Coming To Christ? by Ndipe(m): 8:56am On Jan 03, 2021
Even Jesus Christ Himself declared that a prophet has no honor in his own country (John 4:44). So it shouldnt come as a surprise that most Jews dont recognize Him as the Savior of the human race. However, there are some Jews who believe that He is the Messiah. They are known as Jews for Jesus.

hopefulLandlord:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Church Attendance Compulsory? / What Is The Book Of Enoch And Should It Be In The Bible? / Names Of Jesus Christ In Alphabetical Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.