Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,254 members, 7,780,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:11 PM

DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why (51647 Views)

The Cost Of DNA Test In Nigeria / #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji / Nigerian Doctor Warns Fathers To Always Take DNA Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jan 03, 2021
SweetiliciousD:

The most stupid post ever on NL.

You are Preaching personal data privacy, yet you surrender your privacy to Google by use of android phone?

Personal data privacy, DNA inclusive, yet you give all away as a precondition for foreign visa approval?

Borrow brain in 2021.

My opinion.

I don't use Google, so i don't know what are you writing about.

I got a visa and never gave anyone any dna test. So which foreign visa are you talking about?

1 Like

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by Ghostrye: 1:34pm On Jan 03, 2021
Martinez39s:
Like seriously, do you really believe the picture you provided?
Even if I do, I am not stupid enough to admit it na
Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by donb06: 1:44pm On Jan 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Another person that understands.

Many government are trying to create a dna bank of their citizens so they sponsor many private companies to collect these data.

Nigeria for instance, does not have rules for dna data protection.

American companies are already filling the gap in our unregulated market and they can get it by any means. These companies want African DNA samples and they are already compiling them.

The citizens who do not understand dna testing and data protection just give their dna data away without thinking, many of them think dna is only for paternity testing but they don't know that dna can be used for many things.
And what makes you think that med laboratory u went for malaria test hasn't sold ur DNA..... you can't hide from it... So I will better do the paternity test

2 Likes

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by donb06: 1:47pm On Jan 03, 2021
Frustrated007:
don't reply fools..
Find a way to leave naija to a more woke country.
Nigerians are too gullible

I'm sorry to say but you're the bigger fool to call others fools for not agreeing to your assertions....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by Jamesz12: 1:47pm On Jan 03, 2021
This post is what I call bullshit
No positive news or knowledge gained
I only wasted my data and precious time reading this

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by Jamesz12: 1:50pm On Jan 03, 2021
Your education is a waste for you to exhibit such stone age mindset
People like you are the reason Nigeria and africa will remain backward

3 Likes

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by SweetiliciousD: 1:56pm On Jan 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

I don't use Google, so i don't know what are you writing about.

I got a visa and never gave anyone any dna test. So which foreign visa are you talking about?

OK maybe oluwole visa without medical test! Lol

You don't use android or any smart phone I suppose?

Better wake up.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by Bennysam: 2:03pm On Jan 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Even though it is true that there are paternity frauds in our society, the reality is it is not such much like how social media are publicizing it.

Nigerian dna market is unregulated, dna is your human footprint, your personal data. Dna is not only about testing paternity but it can be use for many things.

I believe there is a plot on Nigerians by some Dna tech companies in Nigeria to raise the discussion about DNA Test in our society because they want to create a DNA bank For Nigerians.

For instance, there is a company called 54gene in lagos that is building an African DNA bank, the company raised almost 15 million dollars from Bill and merinda gates foundation. The company claim that the Greater availability of African genomic data could lead to medical breakthroughs for the African’s 1.2 billion people.

As far back as 2019, the company has almost 60,000 dna samples of Nigerians in their Bank, in addition, the company is based in Washington DC and Nigeria.

How many of you are concerned about your privacy, don't let social media discussions fool you, some of these dna companies might be the ones sponsoring the discussion so that people can go for Dna test, soon they will gather your data and also sell it to the highest bidder in the United states or to law enforcement agencies.

People should know what they spread online, you might be claiming woke, understand that your privacy matters and that anybody who has control over your dna data has control over you.
Most stupid post I have ever read on NL

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by Bennysam: 2:04pm On Jan 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Nonsense comment.

You want people to do dna test without thinking about data protection.

Nigerian dna market is unregulated.when you give your dna to companies, they have control over you.
Which data are you talking about, as a Nigerian do you have data? What nonsense data are you talking about again?

5 Likes

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by Regex: 2:07pm On Jan 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Even though it is true that there are paternity frauds in our society, the reality is it is not such much like how social media are publicizing it.

Nigerian dna market is unregulated, dna is your human footprint, your personal data. Dna is not only about testing paternity but it can be use for many things.

I believe there is a plot on Nigerians by some Dna tech companies in Nigeria to raise the discussion about DNA Test in our society because they want to create a DNA bank For Nigerians.

For instance, there is a company called 54gene in lagos that is building an African DNA bank, the company raised almost 15 million dollars from Bill and Melinda Gates foundation. The company claim that the Greater availability of African genomic data could lead to medical breakthroughs for the African’s 1.2 billion people.

As far back as 2019, the company has almost 60,000 dna samples of Nigerians in their Bank, in addition, the company is based in Washington DC and Nigeria.

How many of you are concerned about your privacy, don't let social media discussions fool you, some of these dna companies might be the ones sponsoring the discussion so that people can go for Dna test, soon they will gather your data and also sell it to the highest bidder in the United states or to law enforcement agencies.

People should know what they spread online, you might be claiming woke, understand that your privacy matters and that anybody who has control over your dna data has control over you.

Why are you people against this man whose works have benefited Africa (Nigeria having the largest share)?

6 Likes

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by Regex: 2:10pm On Jan 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

For instance, there is a company called 54gene in lagos that is building an African DNA bank, the company raised almost 15 million dollars from Bill and merinda gates foundation. The company claim that the Greater availability of African genomic data could lead to medical breakthroughs for the African’s 1.2 billion people.

How will they make use of the data?
Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jan 03, 2021
SweetiliciousD:

Better wake up.

Is medical test and dna test the same thing

Why is that most of you are ignorant
Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jan 03, 2021
SweetiliciousD:

Better wake up.

I don't
Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 03, 2021
donb06:

And what makes you think that med laboratory u went for malaria test hasn't sold ur DNA..... you can't hide from it... So I will better do the paternity test

grin grin grin

Malaria test can't be use for dna testing

They are different things
Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by Martinez39s(m): 2:17pm On Jan 03, 2021
Ghostrye:

Even if I do, I am not stupid enough to admit it na
grin grin grin
Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by donb06: 2:19pm On Jan 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

grin grin grin

Malaria test can't be use for dna testing

They are different things

Guy they collected your blood, urine or faeces samples, name, surname and probably NOK.

These are more than enough data for your DNA to be sampled, labeled and sold to the highest bidder...

10 Likes

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by donb06: 2:22pm On Jan 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Is medical test and dna test the same thing

Why is that most of you are ignorant

Any good med lab that can run a full visa required test can as well do a DNA test with the samples given to them...... I thought u were intelligent.

20 Likes

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jan 03, 2021
donb06:

Guy they collected your blood, urine or faeces samples, name, surname and probably NOK.

These are more than enough data for your DNA to be sampled, labeled and sold to the highest bidder...

grin

You don't know what you are writing about, at this moment you are just being hyper.
Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by donb06: 2:27pm On Jan 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

grin

You don't know what you are writing about, at this moment you are just being hyper.

Aurevoir.

5 Likes

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jan 03, 2021
donb06:

Any good med lab that can run a full visa required test can as well do a DNA test with the samples given to them...... I thought u were intelligent.

Comprehension is a problem.

There are special dna labs for dna testing not every med lab can do a dna test.

And test for visa requirements are strictly medical fitness test
Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jan 03, 2021
donb06:

Aurevoir.

bonne journee grin
Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by ostechno(m): 3:26pm On Jan 03, 2021
Ok, this made front page
I'm off Nairaland
Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by Shugavee(f): 3:30pm On Jan 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Nonsense comment.

You want people to do dna test without thinking about data protection.

Nigerian dna market is unregulated.when you give your dna to companies, they have control over you.
interesting, how do they hv control over you?

1 Like

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by Shugavee(f): 3:34pm On Jan 03, 2021
Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by Shugavee(f): 3:37pm On Jan 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Dna data are your human footprint also they can be sold to law enforcement and third parties.

Once you give someone your dna, he or she has private information about your medical a d family history, diseases, they can modify and engineer your Genetic, also it can be used to track you.

Giving your dna in an unregulated market like Nigeria is like giving your privacy and freedom out.

You might think dna testing is only about paternity test, it is more than that.
hmmmmm
Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by Shugavee(f): 3:40pm On Jan 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Another person that understands.

Many government are trying to create a dna bank of their citizens so they sponsor many private companies to collect these data.

Nigeria for instance, does not have rules for dna data protection.

American companies are already filling the gap in our unregulated market and they can get it by any means. These companies want African DNA samples and they are already compiling them.

The citizens who do not understand dna testing and data protection just give their dna data away without thinking, many of them think dna is only for paternity testing but they don't know that dna can be used for many things.
beginning to get ur point, dna is the most personal information nobody has , people may hv ur name and details but not ur dna. Now imagine someone hving all ur details plus ur dna , u hv no where to hide, they know u to the finish .
Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by Shugavee(f): 3:44pm On Jan 03, 2021
Frustrated007:
you're right bro.
It can be used for many things!
Engineer weapons that kill a specific tribe that they see as threat, design seeds that have adverse effects on the body, etc
The possibilities are endless!
God save mankind!
this reminds me of a movie where a particular poison was made for one particular person . It was released to the air everyone inhaled it but only the person it was meant for was killed .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by Aflix(m): 4:00pm On Jan 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

To you it is conspiracy theory to me, it is personal research i made.

Wikileaks exposed a united states government program sponsored by the NSA, the program consists of getting dna samples of foreign diplomats.

I believe you don't believe foreign entities can sponsor discussion on social media, it is simple and they do it all the time. A simple Twitter or facebook ad and payment of social media influencers to spread the discussion will do the job.

Even in Uganda, similar tactics of sponsoring different side of the debate were used to create a discussion of homosexuality.

Here is a link of an article by the guardian newspapers in the uk

When governments have access to DNA databases, you’re right to be scared

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/nov/09/when-governments-have-access-to-dna-databases-youre-right-to-be-scared
What bought about this DNA issue in the first place was due to that FCMB manager saga. Surely, the US did not plan that

4 Likes

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by AmeLonRo(m): 4:25pm On Jan 03, 2021
Interesting. Individuals will decide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBaoufmNO5k
Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by Omezif(m): 4:26pm On Jan 03, 2021
If it's in law you must be a Virgin before you will be married, i believe it would have changed a lot of things.

2 Likes

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by crafteck(m): 4:27pm On Jan 03, 2021
K
Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by Williamson360: 4:27pm On Jan 03, 2021
How much be DNA test. I want to check something. �

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

5 Health Risks Of Sex With Animals - Temi Iwalaiye / See My HIV Test Result!! / Coronavirus: Ganduje Inspects Kano Isolation Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.