Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,642 members, 7,801,870 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why (51762 Views)

The Cost Of DNA Test In Nigeria / #DNA Saga: Let Hospitals Conduct Compulsory DNA Test After Child Birth - Orji / Nigerian Doctor Warns Fathers To Always Take DNA Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by MansoryMX(m): 4:27pm On Jan 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Even though it is true that there are paternity frauds in our society, the reality is it is not so much like how social media are publicizing it.

Nigerian dna market is unregulated, dna is your human footprint, your personal data. Dna is not only about testing paternity but it can be use for many things.

I believe there is a plot on Nigerians by some Dna tech companies in Nigeria to raise the discussion about DNA Test in our society because they want to create a DNA bank For Nigerians.

For instance, there is a company called 54gene in lagos that is building an African DNA bank, the company raised almost 15 million dollars from Bill and merinda gates foundation. The company claim that the Greater availability of African genomic data could lead to medical breakthroughs for the African’s 1.2 billion people.

As far back as 2019, the company has almost 60,000 dna samples of Nigerians in their Bank, in addition, the company is based in Washington DC and Nigeria.

How many of you are concerned about your privacy, don't let social media discussions fool you, some of these dna companies might be the ones sponsoring the discussion so that people can go for Dna test, soon they will gather your data and also sell it to the highest bidder in the United states or to law enforcement agencies.

People should know what they spread online, you might be claiming woke, understand that your privacy matters and that anybody who has control over your dna data has control over you.

It’s a new year bro, you should have dropped your stupidity in 2020. Why bring it to 2021

5 Likes

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by meobizy(f): 4:28pm On Jan 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
Even though it is true that there are paternity frauds in our society, the reality is it is not so much like how social media are publicizing it.

Nigerian dna market is unregulated, dna is your human footprint, your personal data. Dna is not only about testing paternity but it can be use for many things.

I believe there is a plot on Nigerians by some Dna tech companies in Nigeria to raise the discussion about DNA Test in our society because they want to create a DNA bank For Nigerians.

For instance, there is a company called 54gene in lagos that is building an African DNA bank, the company raised almost 15 million dollars from Bill and merinda gates foundation. The company claim that the Greater availability of African genomic data could lead to medical breakthroughs for the African’s 1.2 billion people.

As far back as 2019, the company has almost 60,000 dna samples of Nigerians in their Bank, in addition, the company is based in Washington DC and Nigeria.

How many of you are concerned about your privacy, don't let social media discussions fool you, some of these dna companies might be the ones sponsoring the discussion so that people can go for Dna test, soon they will gather your data and also sell it to the highest bidder in the United states or to law enforcement agencies.

People should know what they spread online, you might be claiming woke, understand that your privacy matters and that anybody who has control over your dna data has control over you.
This is the dumbest article I’ve read in this forum. It’s no wonder why OP finds critical analysis of write-ups difficult. Anyone can copy and paste conspiracy theories.

6 Likes

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by NairaMaster1(m): 4:29pm On Jan 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

You don't sound like scientist.

As a pharmacist, I have received pressure, a lot of it from married woman on abortion. Reason: pregnancy outside marriage

7 Likes

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by treatise: 4:29pm On Jan 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

How about those African Americans that African roots via DNA?
Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by SocialJustice: 4:29pm On Jan 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

This is the most stupid shit I've read this year.

10 Likes

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by Carloslehder: 4:29pm On Jan 03, 2021
I'll do whatever the hell I want, too many people think their opinions matter

1 Like

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jan 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Why are you running when nothing is chasing you?

5 Likes

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by humilitypays(m): 4:30pm On Jan 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Another wicked Nigerian feminist from feminists coven trying to protect the evil of her fellow adulterous feminists who cannot live without collecting different pricks angry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by IgboWarlord(m): 4:30pm On Jan 03, 2021
If they like,they should create Central Bank of D.N.A..i go still do paternity test...Dont want any ho' to defraud me...

4 Likes

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by Antoeni(m): 4:30pm On Jan 03, 2021
Sometimes It's Good to Visit Your Wife's Workplace to See if Your Kids Look like Any of Her Colleagues .

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by crafteck(m): 4:30pm On Jan 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

You are the one that need the deep breathe.

Apparently, most of you are stuck here, what do you know about market regulations, what do you know about data protection even when most of you use your smart phones daily.

In the United states for instance, your dna sample is open to the government to access. And many dna companies sell dna info to government and third parties

Most of you are just emotional without thinking.

The world is one big market with American companies trying to get a pie on gullibles Nigerians who are ready to sell their soul.

Read what you are typing abeg...

1 Like

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by Pimine: 4:31pm On Jan 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

I know why Nigerians can never compete with westerners in anything, the level of iq is too low in this part of the world.

Reading, comprehension and analytical skills is not available in this part of the world.
Aswearugaaad

Lies form the pit of hell.

It's either you're directly benefiting from paternity fraud or you're actually perpetrating one now. Either way, better come clean now cos you'll soon be found out. grin

4 Likes

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by cococandy(f): 4:32pm On Jan 03, 2021
Frustrated007:
Nigerians!!
Make I prepare my papers I dey run go Canada or Germany..a country where people are woke!
Our mumu for naija too much.
I must leave this shithole
no redpill dispenser in Canada and Germany. How will you keep up with your medications?
Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by Nmezor(f): 4:32pm On Jan 03, 2021
Hmmmm
Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by Sunsets: 4:33pm On Jan 03, 2021
This post is riddled with 'might', 'might'[ conjectures quote author=thebosstrevor1 post=97669751]Even though it is true that there are paternity frauds in our society, the reality is it is not so much like how social media are publicizing it.

People should know what they spread online, you might be claiming woke, understand that your privacy matters and that anybody who has control over your dna data has control over you.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by Kokoboss: 4:33pm On Jan 03, 2021
southniyikaye:
grin
hahahahaha this pic ehn. Na to put the pikin for back of Okada o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by Farki: 4:33pm On Jan 03, 2021
The person behind this moniker keeps finding creative ways to display his high level of ignorance. undecided

1 Like

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by DarkJeddi(m): 4:33pm On Jan 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Nonsense comment.

You want people to do dna test without thinking about data protection.

Nigerian dna market is unregulated.when you give your dna to companies, they have control over you.
Lol.. grin

All these Conspiracy Theorists..

Una done land..

Next thing na to tell us that it has spiritual connotations..

Which data exactly do you want to protect?

These so called companies have access to biological specimens of tens millions of Africans,how does doing DNA test make your data any more vulnerable..

Abeg,go rest Jari,you no get talk..

3 Likes

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by Farki: 4:34pm On Jan 03, 2021
donbachi:
Even when the woman says he is not the father of her kids,to his face..are those companies also working with the women?.why are you sounding like an agent of paternity fraud.

I feel this person has a serious issue mentally, I have never seen him say one sensible thing for the entire year I've been on this forum.

1 Like

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by Judybash93(m): 4:34pm On Jan 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Nonsense comment.

Nigerian dna market is unregulated.when you give your dna to companies, they have control over you.
I might be ignorant of the facts but what kind of control do they have if i may ask
Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by poseidon12: 4:35pm On Jan 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

I know why Nigerians can never compete with westerners in anything, the level of iq is too low in this part of the world.

Reading, comprehension and analytical skills is not available in this part of the world.

Especially analytical skills. That one is almost zero here. That is why some criminals who are mostly from Niger Republic are running things in Nigeria under the guise of "the Presidency". And Nigerians have no clue whether Buhari is alive or have the mental capacity to still be President.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by ebere89(f): 4:35pm On Jan 03, 2021
How many of you are concerned about your privacy, don't let social
media discussions fool you, some of these dna companies might be
the ones sponsoring the discussion so that people can go for Dna test,
soon they will gather your data and also sell it to the highest bidder in
the United states or to law enforcement agencies.

i can agree with you here. alot of corporations are not happy that the covid 19 did not hit africa hard.. so we should be careful

3 Likes

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jan 03, 2021
SocialJustice:
This is the most stupid shit I've read this year.

Lol
Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by MrNipplesLover(m): 4:36pm On Jan 03, 2021
I have every-damn-right to conduct DNA test for my kids.

if I like, I can be doing it every quarter of the year.

1 Like

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by subcbouy: 4:36pm On Jan 03, 2021
I want any medical professionals to help answer this question: what are the procedures for DNA tests? Someone said to me the father can secretly conduct the test without his wife aware of it.
Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 4:36pm On Jan 03, 2021
SweetiliciousD:

The most stupid post ever on NL.

You are Preaching personal data privacy, yet you surrender your privacy to Google by use of android phone?

Personal data privacy, DNA inclusive, yet you give all away as a precondition for foreign visa approval?

Borrow brain in 2021.

My opinion.

LMAO grin

1 Like

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jan 03, 2021
how can dna be my personal data can it tell them what i think everytime or im planning to do

2 Likes

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by poiZon: 4:36pm On Jan 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Nonsense comment.

If u didnt go to school, it wouldnt have been terrible.
Chai...
Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by tnerro1(m): 4:37pm On Jan 03, 2021
Nonsense and ingredients post, this op must have gotten a married woman pregnant, that’s why he is busy sweating and writing this rubbish post, data protection ko, data recharge ni , if am passing and I see were the husband is dealing with you, I will park and join him

6 Likes

Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by Raxxye(m): 4:37pm On Jan 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

What are you even saying? embarassed
Re: DNA Test: Don't Do It. Here Is Why by merits(m): 4:37pm On Jan 03, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

Nothing is real in Nigeria even our dear president is not real

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

10 Common Habits That Damage Your Kidneys (Photo) / NAFDAC Warns Against Taking `Maishayi’ Tea Made By Hausa Tea Vendors / Dr. Oluyinka Olutoye, The Nigerian Surgeon With A Difference (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.