Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,451 members, 7,801,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:52 AM

Why Nigerian Christians Don't Name Their Sons "Jesus " ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Nigerian Christians Don't Name Their Sons "Jesus " ? (268 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: Don't Name Anything After Me In Winners Chapel When I Die / Nigerian Christians Pray For Joe Biden's Votes To Be Upturned (Video) / Why Most Christians Don't Have The Capacity To Perform Miracles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigerian Christians Don't Name Their Sons "Jesus " ? by Noerection: 12:43pm On Jan 03, 2021
White people name their sons Jesus why can't Nigerian Christians do the same?
Re: Why Nigerian Christians Don't Name Their Sons "Jesus " ? by qwertyboss(m): 12:44pm On Jan 03, 2021
because they don't know his grandpa...
Re: Why Nigerian Christians Don't Name Their Sons "Jesus " ? by Noerection: 1:53pm On Jan 03, 2021
qwertyboss:
because they don't know his grandpa...
won't there be uproar from Nigerian Christians if I decided to name my Son "Jesus" ?
Re: Why Nigerian Christians Don't Name Their Sons "Jesus " ? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 03, 2021
Noerection:
White people name their sons Jesus why can't Nigerian Christians do the same?
Go and name your own kid Jesus na..
Like when you want to calm him from far away you'll start screaming [/i]Jesus, jesus[i]
Re: Why Nigerian Christians Don't Name Their Sons "Jesus " ? by kingxsamz(m): 4:19pm On Jan 03, 2021
It's because Nigerians tend to take religion more serious than their lives. The people who brought this religion to them don't even subject themselves to such mental slavery.
The fact is that they're scared that their sky daddy, Aka "white bearded middle-aged white man" would punish them and throw them into hell for having the guts to name their child 'Jesus'.
Religion thrives on fear, that's my point.
Re: Why Nigerian Christians Don't Name Their Sons "Jesus " ? by Molahnelson(m): 10:17pm On Jan 03, 2021
Because Jesus is a Spanish name
Re: Why Nigerian Christians Don't Name Their Sons "Jesus " ? by Noerection: 6:54am On Jan 07, 2021
Molahnelson:
Because Jesus is a Spanish name
Nelson that you are named is Nigeria name?
Re: Why Nigerian Christians Don't Name Their Sons "Jesus " ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:05am On Jan 07, 2021
White man love adventures but blacks are scared of such things what the blacks want is the sweetest part they don't want anything bitter or sour. The thought of having a son that will grow up never got married nor have any kids and died in excruciating pains in the presence of the mum will never make a black man named his own child after such a person.
They prefer Emmanuel because even though the scriptures say the Messiah will bear that name nobody called Jesus like that throughout his life so they name their sons Emmanuel and daughters Emmanuela! smiley

(1) (Reply)

Surah Kahf Is The 18th Surah Of The Holy Quran / How Does Pain From Dreams Come To Life? I Had One Last Night, Again!!! / Make Una Reason This Matter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.