Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,866 members, 7,798,891 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

Dear You, - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Dear You, (129 Views)

Dear You, / Dear God, Why... / Dear Christians, Why Are Developed/educated Countries Leaving Religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dear You, by Ademolag(m): 1:31pm On Jan 03, 2021
Firstly, I congratulate you for being one of God's chosen who has been given another chance (that is; another brand new year. Like my friend used to say, a year that nobody has ever used)

Last time, I ended the short teaching on the LOVE OF MONEY. Now I'll begin a new series which I titled SIN - THE PRODUCER OF DEATH.
We shall be taking it bit by bit on a weekly basis. Please endeavour to read and belief so that the spirit in the teaching can be transmitted - because the only way to gain something from the teachings of God is not just reading or going to church or cramming verses but by believing what you have heard or read. This is why the commandments goes thus; Thou shall not....! God does not expect us to try and not kill or steal but he expects us to believe that we are not supposed to steal or kill etc (that's another teaching, let's cut it short there )
Now to start this teaching, let's understand what exactly sin is. What is sin? According to the Cambridge English dictionary;
'Sin is an immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law.

"a sin in the eyes of God"

synonyms: immoral act, wrong, wrongdoing, act of evil/wickedness, transgression, crime, offence, misdeed, misdemeanour, error, lapse, fall from grace, trespass, wickedness, evil, evil-doing, sinfulness, ungodliness, unrighteousness, immorality, vice, iniquity, irreligiousness, irreverence, profanity, blasphemy, impiety, impiousness, sacrilege, profanation, desecration

verb

commit a sin.

"I sinned and brought shame down on us"

synonyms: commit a sin, offend against God, commit an offence, transgress, do wrong, commit a crime, break the law, misbehave, go astray, go wrong, fall from grace, trespass'

With the above at least we now understand the normal meaning of sin. Now let's dive deeper with the bible as our guide.

Genesis 3 vs 17 "And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;......"
Now what was the sin of Adam? He listened to his wife! What was Eve's sin? She listened to the snake! You see!! God was saying in effect that listening to anybody or anything else apart from him is a sin. Now what did that cause? God drove them out of the garden of eden and immediately God began to work on how He can bring them back into the garden. Imagine! Why didn't God tell them to not do it again ooo then let them continue in the garden? At least He was God- He owns the garden and even the whole world, but He couldn't just tell Adam, 'Oya forget it, no worry, its okay' There is a reason. We'll see it further next Sunday. Till then!

Sincerely Yours,
#aderichardss Outreach

Re: Dear You, by Kestolove(m): 1:59pm On Jan 03, 2021
God said u should give mi money

(1) (Reply)

Effect Of Peer Pressure / Sowing Seed Wrongly / Before You Sleep, Meditate And Pray With This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.