Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,979 members, 7,806,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

Are There Opportunity For Nigerian Migrant Wishing To Enter The Island Of Malta? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Are There Opportunity For Nigerian Migrant Wishing To Enter The Island Of Malta? (6608 Views)

10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know / African Migrant Caught Hiding In Car's Engine In Attempt To Enter Spain(photo) / Bonny Island, Nigeria-The true island of rivers state (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are There Opportunity For Nigerian Migrant Wishing To Enter The Island Of Malta? by naijaspeak(m): 9:49pm On Mar 29, 2011
The island of Malta is just stone through from Libya and Italy. I want to know if there are job opportunities in Malta for a Nigerian or African migrant?

Malta uses the euros and they are a small european island nation at the heart of the mediterranean sea. They are an english speaking nation.

When it comes to migration to europe, it is always italy, spain, france and germany that gets all the attention.

I want to know if the maltese are unwelcoming?

I really want to know why Nigerian do not go to malta being an english speaking society?

Let me have your constructive views. thanks
[b][/b]
Re: Are There Opportunity For Nigerian Migrant Wishing To Enter The Island Of Malta? by dnative(m): 6:29pm On Mar 30, 2011
There is nothing in Malta - nada, zero, zilch for an African migrant - legit or not.  Quite likely more than 95% Africans in Malta are stranded refugees that came over on a boat in a bid to get to Europe. Malta is meant to be a European tourist destination but it is a small island that has been overrun by African refugees with no opportunity to work or earn a decent wage. I was there on a cruise holiday last year and it is a sorry state the way Africans live over there. Please do not head for Malta by any means - better to stay in Naija if you can't make it to mainland Europe - my2c.

1 Like

Re: Are There Opportunity For Nigerian Migrant Wishing To Enter The Island Of Malta? by Davedavy: 1:17pm On Mar 31, 2011
naijaspeak:

The island of Malta is just stone through from Libya and Italy. I want to know if there are job opportunities in Malta for a Nigerian or African migrant?

Malta uses the euros and they are a small european island nation at the heart of the mediterranean sea. They are an english speaking nation.

When it comes to migration to europe, it is always italy, spain, france and germany that gets all the attention.

I want to know if the maltese are unwelcoming?

Let me have your constructive views. thanks
[b][/b]

Malta is a beautiful country but a very small island with a population of about 410,567.Malta is not a good choice for immigration purposes because The Maltese labour market is strictly controlled,even all  EU citizens wishing to work in Malta  are required to apply for a work permit before they can seek employment. This exception to EU law was agreed on in order to save the labor market,Malta cannot cope with massive influx of immigrants the way other bigger EU countries can cope hence they have a way of  discouraging immigrants.For instance,international tuition fees are very expensive;medicine cost about 24,000 Euro/academic year at University of Malta for international students.Also getting a permanent Resident permit and citizenship is not that easy.

(1) (Reply)

Any Info About Student Life In Ukraine? / REASONS FOR NIGERIANS TO STAY IN NIGERIA AND ARE WE REALLY GOOD PEOPLE? / How Long Does It Take To Get An Admission Offer From The University Of Northumbria, Newcastle?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.