Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,800 members, 7,806,216 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies (2267 Views)

Let's Discuss About Indecent Dressing To Church / Bible Prophecies: Who Is Olumba Olumba Obu? / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by Joagbaje(m): 10:07pm On Mar 29, 2011
So many attacks have been unleashed on the bible. The bible may have few mistakes due to hand by hand copying but it does not take away the message nor the inspiration of the bible.

Above all things, one major thing that differentiate the bible from any book is the powerful prophecies and predictions which have come to pass, still coming to pass and shall still come to pass. That's one way we can prove to the cynical  world about the power of this book.

I will like us to discuss prophecies of the bible of the past which had been fulfilled and the future fulfilment .

2peter 1:19-21
We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed. . .20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake [as they were] moved by the Holy Ghost.

WHO SAYS THE BIBLE IS NOT INSPIRED OF GOD?
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by newmi(m): 2:26am On Mar 30, 2011
I have always loved to discuss Bible prophecies especially when l brings to mind a famous saying from a great man whom l proudly celebrates as a mentor he often said "the bible is much more current than tomorrow's newspaper".
I would first of all wish to emphasize the profound revelation made by the apostle Paul in 2 Timothy 3:16 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness"

BIBLE PROPHECY ABOUT THE CHURCH
Daniel 2:44 (NLT)
"During the reigns of these kings, the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed or conquered. It will crush all these kingdoms into nothingness, and it will stand forever.
That is the meaning of the rock cut from the mountain, though not by human hands, that crushed to pieces the statue of iron, bronze, clay, silver, and gold. The great God was showing the king what will in the future. THE DREAM IS TRUE, AND ITS MEANING CERTAIN"

This reference stands out as one of my favourite bible prophecies with many talking points
Daniel said while interpreting this dream of king Nebuchadnezzar that the rock cut out of the mountain is a kingdom set up by the God of heaven. It is interesting that he uses the word "kingdom" you see Jesus Christ came preaching "the kingdom of God" was at hand, because as at then the kingdom hadn't showed up yet not until in Acts 2 at the upper room on the day of Pentacost when the promised Holy Spirit who is the spirit of our adoption as sons of God came as He began His ministry and announces the emergence of the church
I believe that the church has being in formation all through the old testament prior to the eventual announcement of the church in Acts 2 This is so because Daniel gave us a clue "the God of heaven will SET UP a kingdom" the word translated "set up" is an Aramaic word which by interpretation means the establish, to raise up, to (a) rise up etc This point explains the fact that the church is being perfected according to 1 Ephesians 4:11-14.

Finally, 1 Corinthians 15:24
"Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power"
The ultimate destination of the church: A CHURCH WITHOUT SPOT OR WRINKLES
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by KunleOshob(m): 3:14am On Mar 30, 2011
Finally joagbaje starts a thread that is not about glorifying Oyaks grin
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by Snowwy: 6:59am On Mar 30, 2011
@ Topic,
True word. The word of the Lord is truly the Sword of the believer.

KunleOshob:

Finally joagbaje starts a thread that is not about glorifying Oyaks grin

Seems you spend all your time on 'Oyaks' yourself as you seem to live and breathe his name more. Who is glorifying who? You spend so much time against tithe that you have not even seen other threads opened by Joagbaje on the word. Who mentions/brings up 'Oyaks' on those threads except you?

What gospel do you even preach? 'Anti-church'? and name-calling?

Since you are always fast in responding to threads on tithe, I wonder why you did not respond to the thread on 'Tithing. An interesting article' undecided
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by Joagbaje(m): 7:01am On Mar 30, 2011
[size=13pt]THE BIRTH OF A NATION[/size]

CAN A NATION BE BORN IN ONE DAY?

When israel was declared a nation in 1948. It took the world by surprise . Because the name of Israel had been wiped off the map of the world according to prophecy of the bible.They had changed the name of the land to Palestine .for about 2000 years,Israel had ceased to be a nation

Psalms 83:4
4 They have said, Come, and let us cut them off from [being] a nation; that the name of Israel may be no more in remembrance.

Even theologians had given up on israel , but when it happened ,historians couldnt believe their ears. Israel had been scattered all over the earth. Not only that, they were been slaughtered in many nation. Hitler killed millions of them .The name of their land had been changed to Palestine by the ottoman empire,and they brought Arabs to occupy that land. They had no more homeland .there was no way Israel could exist again. But in 1948 , the prophecy came to pass. It was never done in history that a nation who's name had been wiped off resurrects again.

The bible had predicted that God would scatter them if they remain stubborn . They did and he did. By AD 70 . The Romans invaded and destroyed Israel. After that several nations came and did their own destruction. Until the name was removed from world map. After much suffering by many of them in several nations even though some prospered earlier. They began to return to their homeland who's name had been changed to Palestine land .

How did this happen
After the defeat of Hitler's Third Reich the United Nations in November 1947 passed the "Resolution For the Partition of Palestine," granting a portion to the Jews, a portion to the Arabs, and internationalizing Jerusalem. The Arabs rejected the plan. The Jews did not like the plan but accepted it, believing 'half a loaf to be better than none.

Although they may not know it, the nations jointly, by doing so, have set themselves on a collision course with  the prophecy of the bible in Joel

Joel 3:1 
For, behold, in those days, and in that time, when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem, 2 I will also gather all nations. . . and will plead with them there for my people and [for] my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land.

Some of these parted land  were miraculously recovered from  Egypt Jordan Judea and Samaria as well as east Jerusalem containing the Temple Mount.  When the arab gathered to fight the small returnees of Israel so that they could finally eliminate them ,The world was watching but couldnt do anything to save israel. Israel only fought to defend themselves and miraculously they did without help. Not only did they survive, miraculously also they recovered some of the parted land from the Arabs . It was then the world moved in for peace and demanded that israel should returned some of the land conquered . But they are yet to have full claim of Jerusalem now. That is the present conflict they face now.

Isaiah 66:8
8 Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? [or] shall a nation be born [/b]at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

. . . [b]But the nation was born in one day.
. . .

Who says the bible is not inspired of God?
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by newmi(m): 7:16am On Mar 30, 2011
. . . . .HOW TOUCHING, I FEEL LIKE CRYING 
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by KunleOshob(m): 8:54am On Mar 30, 2011
Actually I was just harassing uncle Joe, I am in full support of this thread and one of the most convincing things about the bible are the accurate prophecies contained therein especially the birth and death of christ accurate to the date that was predicted in daniel. Also the destruction of Jerusalem was accurately predicted and as uncle Joe rightly pointed out the re-birth of Israel after almost 2000 years in oblivion is really mind burgling and can only be in fulfilment of Israel's role in the end time. The Israeli victory against the arabs in the six day war clearly had the hand of God and their ability to remain as a country for over sixty years even though they are surrounded by vicious enemies who would like to destroy them again is truly divine. That said I would live uncle joe to continue with his thread but he should be careful not to panel beat prophecies too much to meet his personal interpretation grin
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by Snowwy: 9:03am On Mar 30, 2011
Joagbaje,
I really have not seen the scripture above in the light you just interpreted. Awesome! May God give you the grace to rightly divide the word of truth.

KunleOshob:

Actually I was just harassing uncle Joe, I am in full support of this thread and one of the most convincing things about the bible are the accurate prophecies contained therein especially the birth and death of christ accurate to the date that was predicted in daniel. Also the destruction of Jerusalem was accurately predicted and as uncle Joe rightly pointed out the re-birth of Israel after almost 2000 years in oblivion is really mind burgling and can only be in fulfilment of Israel's role in the end time. The Israeli victory against the arabs in the six day war clearly had the hand of God and their ability to remain as a country for over sixty years even though they are surrounded by vicious enemies who would like to destroy them again is truly divine. That said I would live uncle joe to continue with his thread but he should be careful not to panel beat prophecies too much to meet his personal interpretation grin

I actually think you do a lot more of 'panel-beating' the word to suit your whims  lipsrsealed Prove me wrong, if you please.
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by Joagbaje(m): 10:02am On Mar 30, 2011
@snowy thanks so much. Your contribution on NL had been great.Thanks for your advice the other day I'm workin on it.
@Kunleoshob - so you agree you dey harrass me well well. E don do na.2 years of harassment never belleful you?
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by KunleOshob(m): 10:13am On Mar 30, 2011
^^^
Ok I wld stop harassing you if you agree to give me a cut from your tithe collections grin
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by Snowwy: 10:19am On Mar 30, 2011
@ Joagbaje,
It is just candid advice o. I am learning from the word daily and not perfect but God's word is perfecting me per time. My contributions, therefore, are just bringing the scriptures forward and nothing of my making. Thanks be to Christ Jesus.

KunleOshob:

^^^
Ok I wld stop harassing you if you agree to give me a cut from your tithe collections grin

I couldn't help but laugh though at your statement. We can disagree to agree or respect each others convictions you know. When you are called to preach the gospel, perhaps fulltime, do buzz me. I'ld like to attend a program you host then. You would ofcourse be entitled to 'a cut' (as you said) then.  cheesy
Cheers
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by elcij(m): 10:20am On Mar 30, 2011
Joagbaje:

[size=13pt]THE BIRTH OF A NATION[/size]

When israel was declared a nation in 1948. It took the world by surprise . Because the name of Israel had been wiped off the map of the world according to prophecy of the bible.They had changed the name of the land to Palestine .for about 2000 years,Israel had ceased to be a nation

4 They have said, Come, and let us cut them off from [being] a nation; that the name of Israel may be no more in remembrance.

Even theologians had given up on israel , but when it happened ,historians couldnt believe their ears. Israel had been scattered all over the earth. Not only that, they were been slaughtered in many nation. Hitler killed millions of them .The name of their land had been changed to Palestine by the ottoman empire,and they brought Arabs to occupy that land. They had no more homeland .there was no way Israel could exist again. But in 1948 , the prophecy came to pass. It was never done in history that a nation who's name had been wiped off resurrects again.

The bible had predicted that God would scatter them if they remain stubborn . They did and he did. By AD 70 . The Romans invaded and destroyed Israel. After that several nations came and did their own destruction. Until the name was removed from world map. After much suffering by many of them in several nations even though some prospered earlier. They began to return to their homeland who's name had been changed to Palestine land .

How did this happen
After the defeat of Hitler's Third Reich the United Nations in November 1947 passed the "Resolution For the Partition of Palestine," granting a portion to the Jews, a portion to the Arabs, and internationalizing Jerusalem. The Arabs rejected the plan. The Jews did not like the plan but accepted it, believing 'half a loaf to be better than none.

Although they may not know it, the nations jointly, by doing so, have set themselves on a collision course with  the prophecy of the bible in Joel

For, behold, in those days, and in that time, when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem, 2 I will also gather all nations. . . and will plead with them there for my people and [for] my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land.

Some of these parted land  were miraculously recovered from  Egypt Jordan Judea and Samaria as well as east Jerusalem containing the Temple Mount.  When the arab gathered to fight the small returnees of Israel so that they could finally eliminate them ,The world was watching but couldnt do anything to save israel. Israel only fought to defend themselves and miraculously they did without help. Not only did they survive, miraculously also they recovered some of the parted land from the Arabs . It was then the world moved in for peace and demanded that israel should returned some of the land conquered . But they are yet to have full claim of Jerusalem now. That is the present conflict they face now.

8 Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? [or] shall a nation be born [/b]at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

. . . [b]But the nation was born in one day.
. . .

I hope you are aware that Jews, the Israelites, do not believe that your Jesus is the Christ, the messiah or what ever? As far as they are concerned you christians are all heathens, idol worshipers and generally misguided souls, just saying, thats how the Israelites you are championing see you, seriously, no joke, read about it, dem no send you, at all, in fact they only tolerate you because you spend money to visit your "holy sites" and they need your support against the muslims,
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by mabell: 10:30am On Mar 30, 2011
@poster,
This is good
It means the bible contains spiritual prophesies of today and tomorrow's happenings
I wonder what the atheists have to say about this
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by Theotempo: 11:08am On Mar 30, 2011
Actually I was just harassing uncle Joe, I am in full support of this thread and one of the most convincing things about the bible are the accurate prophecies contained therein especially the birth and death of christ accurate to the date that was predicted in daniel. Also the destruction of Jerusalem was accurately predicted and as uncle Joe rightly pointed out the re-birth of Israel after almost 2000 years in oblivion is really mind burgling and can only be in fulfilment of Israel's role in the end time. The Israeli victory against the arabs in the six day war clearly had the hand of God and their ability to remain as a country for over sixty years even though they are surrounded by vicious enemies who would like to destroy them again is truly divine. That said I would live uncle joe to continue with his thread but he should be careful not to panel beat prophecies too much to meet his personal interpretation.

kunleOshob,i thank you for being sincere,thanks for not harrassing joe again,but just wish you could add positively to his threads,as for ur attack on "oyaks" e be like say u like am well well,cos na wetin person like e dey attack!try to locate one of him church,get connected to his annointing,if you know "oyak" you will love him, its nice knowing u!
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by Kay17: 3:29pm On Mar 30, 2011
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies
« #4 on: Today at 07:01:08 AM »

THE BIRTH OF A NATION

How did this happen

Although they may not know it, the nations jointly, by doing so, have set themselves on a collision course with the prophecy of the bible in Joel

Some of these parted land were miraculously recovered from Egypt Jordan Judea and Samaria as well as east Jerusalem containing the Temple Mount. When the arab gathered to fight the small returnees of Israel so that they could finally eliminate them ,The world was watching but couldnt do anything to save israel. Israel only fought to defend themselves and miraculously they did without help. Not only did they survive, miraculously also they recovered some of the parted land from the Arabs . It was then the world moved in for peace and demanded that israel should returned some of the land conquered . But they are yet to have full claim of Jerusalem now. That is the present conflict they face now.

8 Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? [or] shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

. . . But the nation was born in one day, . .

Joel's period was before Greek domination over Palestine right? then how do you explain the freedom they had under the Maccabee brothers?
How reliable is the bible? Joshua calling upon the sun to stop! stop and do what?
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by Joagbaje(m): 4:48pm On Mar 30, 2011
Kay 17:

Joel's period was before Greek domination over Palestine right? then how do you explain the freedom they had under the Maccabee brothers?

It was a civil case,  It wasn't in major prophecy because it had no messianic content.Though some minor prophecies were linked to them especially in Daniel 11.

How reliable is the bible? Joshua calling upon the sun to stop!
It's reliable . Science found a day missing in the rotation of the earth.
The following story has been circulating recently ,

Did you know that the space program is busy proving that what has been called "myth" in the Bible is true? Mr. Harold Hill, President of the Curtis Engine Company in Baltimore Maryland, and a consultant in the space program, relates the following development: I think one of the most amazing things that God has for us today happened recently to our astronauts and space scientists at Green Belt, Maryland. They were checking the position of the sun, moon, and planets out in space where they would be, 100 years and 1000 years from now. We have to know this so we won't send a satellite up and have it bump into something later on in its orbits. We have to lay out the orbits in terms of the life of the satellite, and where the planets will be, so the whole thing will not bog down. They ran the computer measurement back and forth over the centuries and it came to a halt. The computer stopped and put up a red signal, which meant that there was something wrong either with the information fed into it, or with the results as compared to the standards.

They called in the service department to check it out and they said "what's wrong?" Well they found there is a day missing in space, in elapsed time. They scratched their heads and tore their hair. There was no answer. Finally, a Christian man on the team said, "You know, one time I was in Sunday school and they talked about the sun standing still." While they didn't believe him, they didn't have an answer either, so they said "Show us." He got a Bible and went back to the book of Joshua where they found a pretty ridiculous statement for any one with "common sense." There they found the Lord saying to Joshua, "Fear them not, I have delivered them into thy hand; there shall not a man of themstand before thee." Joshua was concerned because he was surrounded by the enemy and if darkness fell they would overpower them.(check references below.) So Joshua asked the Lord to make the sun stand still! That's right-"The sun stood still and the moon stayed-and hasted not to go down about a whole day!"

They checked the computers going back into the time it was written and found it was close but not close enough. The elapsed time that was missing back in Joshua's day was 23 hours and 20 minutes-not a whole day. They read the Bible and there it was "about (approximately) a day." These little words in the Bible are important, but they were still in trouble, because if you cannot account for 40 minutes you'll still be in trouble, 1,000 years from now. Forty minutes had to be found because it can be multiplied many times over in orbits.

As the Christian employee thought about it, he remembered somewhere in the Bible where it said the sun went BACKWARDS. The scientists told him he was out of his mind, but they got out the Book and read these words in 2 Kings: Hezekiah, on his death-bed, was visited by the prophet Isaiah who told him that he was not going to die. Hezekiah asked for a sign as proof. Isaiah said, "Do you want the sun to go ahead 10 degrees?" Hezekiah said "It is nothing for the sun to go ahead 10 degrees, but let the shadow return backward 10 degrees." Isaiah spoke to the Lord and the Lord brought the shadow ten degrees BACKWARD! Ten degrees is exactly 40 minutes! Twenty-three hours and 20 minutes in Joshua, plus 40 minutes in Second Kings make the missing day in the universe! Isn't it amazing?! Our God is rubbing their noses in His Truth! References: Joshua 10:8, 12, 13; 2 Kings 20:9-11

http://www.scripturessay.com/article.php?cat=&id=462

stop and do what?

Well sun is for light , they needed light for victory. Probably the darkness would not be to their advantage.
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by Joagbaje(m): 4:56pm On Mar 30, 2011
@el_cij

el_cij:

I hope you are aware that Jews, the Israelites, do not believe that your Jesus is the Christ, the messiah or what ever? As far as they are concerned you christians are all heathens, idol worshipers and generally misguided souls,  just saying,  thats how the Israelites you are championing see you,  seriously,  no joke,  read about it,  dem no send you,  at all,  in fact they only tolerate you because you spend money to visit your "holy sites" and they need your support against the muslims,  

We are not unaware of that fact it is one of the things that proves the authenticity of bible prophecies and the existence if God. Because God had predicted this in the bible several years before christ came. Because of the hardness of their heart , God had sent a prophet to cause spirit of blindness to be upon them in their day on visitation.

Isaiah 6:9 
And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not. 10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

So when Jesus came to bring salvation  and deliverance to his people, The prophecy was on and their eyes became blind spiritually . They couldnt recognise their saviour. 

That's why Jesus had to teach them in parables because they were blind anyway.

Mattew 13:13
Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand. 14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

Jesus wept for them because they were about to lose the opportunity they've been awaiting  for so many years.

Luke 19:41 
And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it, 42 Saying, If thou hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the things [which belong] unto thy peace! but now they are hid from thine eyes. . . because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation.

So because of their blindness salvation came to us Gentiles (non Jews )

John 1:11
He came unto his own, and his own received him not. 12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, [even] to them that believe on his name:

You can see we were not deceived by Jewish myth. We are in a period prophesied to be the times of the Gentiles. That is why you need to receive salvation through the name of Jesus now .

Luke 21:24
24. . .until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled

So we are aware that Israel rejected the messiah , It gave us opportunity for salvation more early. This door will soon be closed and God attention will once more turn to Israel for their own salvation when they finally embrace Jesus as lord. the whole nation will be saved

Romans 11:25
For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. 26[b] And so all Israel shall be saved:[/b]
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by newmi(m): 5:57pm On Mar 30, 2011
Great work Joe you are simply inspiring but please would you kindly shed more light on the present status of Israelites in God's calendar. Thank you
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by Kay17: 7:30pm On Mar 30, 2011
Well sun is for light , they needed light for victory. Probably the darkness would not be to their advantage.
Pls explain the logic behind halting the sun when if fact the earth moves around it!
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by Kay17: 7:45pm On Mar 30, 2011
Joagbaje:

It was a civil case,  It wasn't in major prophecy because it had no messianic content.Though some minor prophecies were linked to them especially in Daniel 11.
It's reliable . Science found a day missing in the rotation of the earth.

http://www.scripturessay.com/article.php?cat=&id=462

this is a big fat lie! coming from a Christian is no surprising. If the earth had stood still, it would be within the second, that is time would be stagnant not that it would skip. If a machine is synchronized with a clock it will follow the goddamn clock.
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by Joagbaje(m): 9:00pm On Mar 30, 2011
Kay 17:

Pls explain the logic behind halting the sun when if fact the earth moves around it!

It was based on the understanding of his day. Men once believed the earth was flat. And its wonderful to note that before galleleo discovered the earth was spherical, it was alread indicated in books of the bible . Proverb, job , Isaiah

Isaiah 40:22
22 [It is] he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof [are] as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

A real science Confirms the bible . But I will like to remind you that this thread is about the accuracy of the prophecies of the bible. So our focus is prophecies and their fulfilment.
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by Nobody: 10:34pm On Mar 30, 2011
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by Joagbaje(m): 10:46pm On Mar 30, 2011
Thanks for the contribution , but it will be more appreciated if you post prophecies with fulfilment . I'm sure you know what i mean. A prophecy and it's fulfilment either in the bible days of after
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by Kay17: 1:59pm On Mar 31, 2011
^^how was Joshua able to determine that the Sun stood for a day, when the earth was not revolving at all?

Also Alexander destroyed the city of Tyre in 7 months, Nebuchadnezzar to over 12yrsre to besiege it and fail. And the bible said Nebuchadnezzar will capture Tyre
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by ogajim(m): 2:09pm On Mar 31, 2011
Pastor JoAgbaje, I am sure you know that the present day Israel is not a Christian country and that Christians are the God's chosen people today. Like you indicated in a response yesterday in another thread, Israel will get another chance to repent.

I am suspicious of Christians who feel the need to "defend" today's Israel or go there for "pilgrimage" when we are God's temple as believers. There are things and there are things as the saying goes and if you look closely at the country too, you will see nothing that represent God and the fact that they don't believe in Jesus Christ as our Lord and savior, you need more research sir.

Hidden in plain sight in a VERY popular art form!
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by EarsWide(m): 2:49pm On Mar 31, 2011
@Joagbaje

By the way Jo, do you still stand by your claim you raised someone from the dead ?
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by Joagbaje(m): 11:54pm On Mar 31, 2011
^^^
pls don't let us derail this thread. Come and share bible prophecy with us. But if you want to know about that one pls reach me through my email.
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by Joagbaje(m): 12:03am On Apr 01, 2011
ogajim:

I am suspicious of Christians who feel the need to "defend" today's Israel or go there for "pilgrimage" when we are God's temple as believers. There are things and there are things as the saying goes and if you look closely at the country too, you will see nothing that represent God and the fact that they don't believe in Jesus Christ as our Lord and savior, you need more research sir.

Yes we are the Holy nation at the moment.but what research did you say I should do.
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by Joagbaje(m): 12:32am On Apr 01, 2011
Kay 17:

^^how was Joshua able to determine that the Sun stood for a day, when the earth was not revolving at all?

Well, I didn't think of that ,but apart from the sundial they have other time measure like the sand glass.

Also Alexander destroyed the city of Tyre in 7 months, Nebuchadnezzar to over 12years to besiege it and fail. And the bible said Nebuchadnezzar will capture Tyre

Pls quote the portion of scriptures where the prophecy is. So that everyone can contribute . Thanks.
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by EarsWide(m): 8:00am On Apr 01, 2011
@Joagbaje

You cannot prophecise in the abscence of truth - you did NOT and can NOT raise anyone from the dead. So pls dont come to this thread and say you are 'sharing' prophesies.
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by Joagbaje(m): 8:54am On Apr 01, 2011
You are the one who raise the matter from another thread here. Not me. But it did happen . Jesus wants us to raise the dead. The church is still growing . It will be a common place one day.

Matthew 10:8
8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils. . .

Jesus christ is thesame yesterday ,today and for ever. Pls I appeal to you not to derail this thread . I told you before ,if you want proof reach me through my e mail.
Re: Let's Discuss Bible Prophecies by Snowwy: 9:10am On Apr 01, 2011
@Joagbaje,
I wonder why you bother. Even if their ilk see the person raised up they will not believe. I don't think its right to paste the number (it's not even complete), name here as you should have discerned the intent of Earwide's heart. He has called the scriptures 'abstract nonsense', on another thread though, so trying to prove anything will only cause more 'sorrows'. Don't say I didn't warn you.
John 9:13-25.

Aside that, your posts are amazing. I need time to study further the scriptures as you quoted for the prophecy on Israel but what you have up is really reflective.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

see what d bible says about Calling Of Pastors "Daddy" A Must Read / Who Are The Overcomers? - Jack Kelley / Why Eating Pork Is Forbidden For Both Christians And Muslim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.