Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

Is This True?: There Are Many Dead People On This Forum (Nairaland). (PICTURE) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is This True?: There Are Many Dead People On This Forum (Nairaland). (PICTURE) (8877 Views)

What Exactly Does VAWULENCE mean On Nairaland? Picture Attached. / Moghalu Blasts Mohammed Abubakar: Dead People Used To Steal Money By Politician' / Abba Moro Convoy Involved In Accident On Way To Campaign, Many Dead. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This True?: There Are Many Dead People On This Forum (Nairaland). (PICTURE) by Henrywalker: 6:40pm On Jan 03, 2021
Do you know that there are many dead people on this forum (Nairaland)? grin. Not all the monikers that you see in the old threads (-2010 and below) are actually abandoned by the users. Some of them are actually owned by dead members.
A moniker like Dúkeprince50 is a good example of it. No matter how much you may quote him in his posts, his moniker will get mentions, but he won't see or reply you. This is sad right? tongue
Maybe one day, some of our monikers would also be stuck on Nairaland forever without anyone being able to access it.
And the sad truth is that you will hardly know that the person is gone. And you won't know when he will be posting his last comment.
Well, that's life for you shaaa! It's just weird, and death is inevitable! grin

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is This True?: There Are Many Dead People On This Forum (Nairaland). (PICTURE) by Henrywalker: 6:47pm On Jan 03, 2021

Re: Is This True?: There Are Many Dead People On This Forum (Nairaland). (PICTURE) by IamWonderful: 6:49pm On Jan 03, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Is This True?: There Are Many Dead People On This Forum (Nairaland). (PICTURE) by Henrywalker: 7:01pm On Jan 03, 2021
Re: Is This True?: There Are Many Dead People On This Forum (Nairaland). (PICTURE) by Sammy07: 7:09pm On Jan 03, 2021
I missed Hungerbad till date embarassed

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is This True?: There Are Many Dead People On This Forum (Nairaland). (PICTURE) by Sammy07: 7:11pm On Jan 03, 2021
Even a former moderator on Nairaland died in 2019.

Stanley Nwabia https://www.nairaland.com/therealmrstan

7 Likes

Re: Is This True?: There Are Many Dead People On This Forum (Nairaland). (PICTURE) by Henrywalker: 7:13pm On Jan 03, 2021
Sammy07:

Stanley Nwabia https://www.nairaland.com/therealmr.stan
But his last seen is in 2015, and he was a MOD? shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This True?: There Are Many Dead People On This Forum (Nairaland). (PICTURE) by Sammy07: 7:18pm On Jan 03, 2021
Henrywalker:
But his last seen is in 2015, and he was a MOD? shocked

He was a super mode till around 2015 or so

His second account https://www.nairaland.com/publisher
Re: Is This True?: There Are Many Dead People On This Forum (Nairaland). (PICTURE) by Henrywalker: 7:22pm On Jan 03, 2021
Sammy07:

He was a super mode till around 2015 or so

His second account https://www.nairaland.com/publisher
Okay. tongue
Re: Is This True?: There Are Many Dead People On This Forum (Nairaland). (PICTURE) by hucknall: 7:25pm On Jan 03, 2021
Sammy07:

Stanley Nwabia https://www.nairaland.com/therealmrstan
nawa o. I never knew this.

Can we archive the names of dead users in a thread so people will not be quoting the unknowingly?

7 Likes

Re: Is This True?: There Are Many Dead People On This Forum (Nairaland). (PICTURE) by Henrywalker: 7:28pm On Jan 03, 2021
hucknall:

Can we archive the names of dead users in a thread so people will not be quoting the unknowingly?
I wish that will be possible! I don't want to ever quote a dead moniker! tongue The dead and the living have nothing in common.tongue

3 Likes

Re: Is This True?: There Are Many Dead People On This Forum (Nairaland). (PICTURE) by Sammy07: 7:29pm On Jan 03, 2021
hucknall:

Happy Archiving ooo grin

how can you be archiving the names of dead users
how will you know them

2 Likes

Re: Is This True?: There Are Many Dead People On This Forum (Nairaland). (PICTURE) by meobizy(f): 7:31pm On Jan 03, 2021
They disappear the same way they lived their lives; irrelevant.
Re: Is This True?: There Are Many Dead People On This Forum (Nairaland). (PICTURE) by CandyOps(m): 7:43pm On Jan 03, 2021
Nairaland abi Seun just dey waste him traffic on paid ads only.

No continuity. No edits. Nothing. You can't even login with FB or Google. The site na ancient of days. And Seun na the unchangeable changer.

It's sad thou. Now imagine how many bank account holders wey done die since leaving all their monies undisclosed in the bank forever. but then life goes on

37 Likes

Re: Is This True?: There Are Many Dead People On This Forum (Nairaland). (PICTURE) by Henrywalker: 7:49pm On Jan 03, 2021
CandyOps:
Nairaland abi Seun just dey waste him traffic on paid ads only.

No continuity. No edits. Nothing. You can't even login with FB or Google. The site na ancient of days. And Seun na the unchangeable changer.

It's sad thou. Now imagine how many bank account holders wey done die since leaving all their monies undisclosed in the bank forever. but then life goes on
This is so funny mehn.grin I wonder why Seun still don't want to update this forum. tongue
Even the emojis are all old, and you can't even send a direct message here, no block and dislike button. tongue

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This True?: There Are Many Dead People On This Forum (Nairaland). (PICTURE) by CandyOps(m): 7:51pm On Jan 03, 2021
Henrywalker:
This is so funny mehn.grin I wonder why Seun still don't want to update this forum. tongue
Even the emojis are all old, and you can't even send a direct message here, no block and dislike button. tongue

RULE #1: If it's working don't change it.

that's the ultimate rule in business

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This True?: There Are Many Dead People On This Forum (Nairaland). (PICTURE) by Henrywalker: 7:52pm On Jan 03, 2021
CandyOps:

I think that's the same rule that 2go followed. wink

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is This True?: There Are Many Dead People On This Forum (Nairaland). (PICTURE) by CandyOps(m): 7:54pm On Jan 03, 2021
Henrywalker:
I think that's the same rule that 2go followed. wink

Nokia too. But then there no competition so NL be keeping it on a lockdown

12 Likes

Re: Is This True?: There Are Many Dead People On This Forum (Nairaland). (PICTURE) by Beverlyjean(f): 8:03pm On Jan 03, 2021
Some were banned for years and they decided to either quit NL or retire the banned moniker

13 Likes

Re: Is This True?: There Are Many Dead People On This Forum (Nairaland). (PICTURE) by Blue3k(m): 8:03pm On Jan 03, 2021
Hmm Interesting idea to ponder. Some guys arent dead just banned or just switch accounts. We'd never know who lives or diessince most just prefer being anonymous to begin with. Only if u make friends with someone in real life they report ur death.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This True?: There Are Many Dead People On This Forum (Nairaland). (PICTURE) by Henrywalker: 8:07pm On Jan 03, 2021
Blue3k:
Hmm Interesting idea to ponder. Some guys arent dead just banned or just switch accounts. We'd never know who lives or diessince most just prefer being anonymous to begin with. Only if u make friends with someone in real life they report ur death.
Good point! tongue
Re: Is This True?: There Are Many Dead People On This Forum (Nairaland). (PICTURE) by Nickshrapnel: 8:27pm On Jan 03, 2021
CandyOps:

10 Likes

Re: Is This True?: There Are Many Dead People On This Forum (Nairaland). (PICTURE) by Generalwoodz(m): 8:58pm On Jan 03, 2021
angry angry angry sad sad
Re: Is This True?: There Are Many Dead People On This Forum (Nairaland). (PICTURE) by marsman: 9:08pm On Jan 03, 2021
Henrywalker:
The way the forum is, makes it available to a wide range of people, with different devices, the first phone i used to visit Nairaland, was a techno torch light phone back in 200*, coupled with low data Consumption too.
The Forum. Is Literally for all kind of Class we have in Nigeria, Just have a Browsing Phone.

18 Likes

Re: Is This True?: There Are Many Dead People On This Forum (Nairaland). (PICTURE) by marsman: 9:10pm On Jan 03, 2021
kiss
Re: Is This True?: There Are Many Dead People On This Forum (Nairaland). (PICTURE) by PDJT: 9:11pm On Jan 03, 2021
Blue3k:

-Please Onye Akwa-Ibom, go and make friends with Tonye Barcanista. We need people to stay connected.
Re: Is This True?: There Are Many Dead People On This Forum (Nairaland). (PICTURE) by engrchykae(m): 9:14pm On Jan 03, 2021
Sammy07:
I missed Hungerbad till date embarassed
I don't want to hear that he or she is dead
Re: Is This True?: There Are Many Dead People On This Forum (Nairaland). (PICTURE) by Blue3k(m): 9:21pm On Jan 03, 2021
PDJT:

-Please Onye Akwa-Ibom, go and make friends with Tonye Barcanista. We need people to stay connected.

I dont care for him. If he dies let his friends in his political and social circles do him the service of announcing his passing. He's put in too much work not to be acknowledged by them.
Re: Is This True?: There Are Many Dead People On This Forum (Nairaland). (PICTURE) by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jan 03, 2021
CandyOps:

in a dynamic and competive business world change is vital.

2 Likes

Re: Is This True?: There Are Many Dead People On This Forum (Nairaland). (PICTURE) by Teena18(f): 9:35pm On Jan 03, 2021
Hmm
Re: Is This True?: There Are Many Dead People On This Forum (Nairaland). (PICTURE) by Sammy07: 9:38pm On Jan 03, 2021
engrchykae:
I don't want to hear that he or she is dead

Well, he is dead.
Freemandave is also dead.
Tr3y is also gone.

2 Likes

Re: Is This True?: There Are Many Dead People On This Forum (Nairaland). (PICTURE) by OldNairalander(m): 9:38pm On Jan 03, 2021
Nwamaikpe died but rose again undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Guys I'm In Orlu Now And Today Wasn't Funny / Vice President Yemi Osinbajo Is 64 Today / IPOB Accuses DSS Of Starving, Maltreating Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.