Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

What We Entertained Ourselves With Before Cable TV - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What We Entertained Ourselves With Before Cable TV (39528 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What We Entertained Ourselves With Before Cable TV by nihilistjnr: 8:52am On Jan 11, 2021
princessConfy:

can you send me the bottled leopard in PDF

I don't have it I'm afraid
Re: What We Entertained Ourselves With Before Cable TV by Royver(m): 9:51am On Jan 11, 2021
kingreign:

What happened, you stopped writing. Ive always lookup forward to reading your write-ups on imaginary and strange things in a tale.

Got caught up with other pursuits.
Well I'm back, again grin
You can check out my latest thread. Tell me what.you think smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What We Entertained Ourselves With Before Cable TV by tygar(m): 9:53am On Jan 11, 2021
princessConfy:

can you send me the bottled leopard in PDF
here you go https://b-ok.africa/book/5648677/6863d1
Re: What We Entertained Ourselves With Before Cable TV by seguno2: 10:00am On Jan 11, 2021
mu2sa2:
Ah, are you not living in this federation? Check out any nearby dilapidated government school and you'll be shocked to the marrow. Politicians have destroyed everything. As one european historian said, democracy has little virtue on its own - in the hands of good men, it works; but, it in the hands of evil men, it only brings on disaster.

Democracy is not an abstract concept on its own.
The way it is depends on how much the people are invested in it. The more of them who invest, the better and vice versa.
Re: What We Entertained Ourselves With Before Cable TV by N3cR0mAZc3R(m): 10:28am On Jan 11, 2021
Re: What We Entertained Ourselves With Before Cable TV by Liposure: 11:32am On Jan 11, 2021
jupitre:
Where can I get potters wheel I need to read it again
it can only be amazon
Re: What We Entertained Ourselves With Before Cable TV by sageb: 7:01pm On Jan 11, 2021
Ishilove:

The ambience looks lovely. Back then when I was still in my undergraduate level I was always frequenting underbridge to see if I could find Jagua Nana. Unfortunately I couldn't and still can't till date. I was told it has been out of print for a very long time
Jagua Nana's daughter by Cyprian Ekwensi. one of my favorite novels back in the days.
Re: What We Entertained Ourselves With Before Cable TV by sageb: 7:03pm On Jan 11, 2021
Ishilove:

I have read it. The protagonist is a big guy who was a bit like Brock Lesnar. Lol. Apartheid era novel
Remember size Bansi is dead. an interesting Apartheid era novel.
Re: What We Entertained Ourselves With Before Cable TV by DeePsychologist(m): 7:59pm On Jan 11, 2021
Thanks soooo much

Ishilove:

Some are here

[url]https://m.box.com/shared_item/https%3A%2F%2Fapp.box.com%2Fs%2Fnqhb77opmxde5fm2owoo?page=1[/url]
Re: What We Entertained Ourselves With Before Cable TV by naptu2: 4:52am On Jan 12, 2021
naptu2:
There's something that I forgot to include in that post.

Memories (1983 or 1984).

There were a bunch of people sitting around a circular table in my living room. There were Indians, Americans, Nigerians and Ghanaians. They were playing a card game in front of the TV set.

I can't remember what the sequence was, but I think it was that the person that won the card game would then get a turn at playing video games. Or was it the person that lost? Anyway, the card game determined who played the video game.

I played either Spiderman or Maze Craze whenever it was my turn.

I forgot to write about the board games and card games!

The board games that I can remember were Ludo, Cluedo, Risk, Monopoly, Snakes and Ladders and scrabble.

The card games that I can remember are Whot and Slap Jack (Slap Jack was my absolute favourite).
Re: What We Entertained Ourselves With Before Cable TV by Idaytesj29(m): 9:51am On Jan 18, 2021
EdCure:

It's a very wonderful piece of literature.

"That was how Emenike died."

That was the last line in the novel. I still remember those saddening words after reading that novel more than five times in my teenage years.

I was sad for almost a week the first time I finished that book.

Its was a bit of romance with suspense and it was highly rated among literary scholars
Re: What We Entertained Ourselves With Before Cable TV by Nobody: 9:29am On Jan 30, 2021
ethicallyright:
They feed my generation with feminist crap like PURPLE HIBISCUS and AMERICANAH ...
If you want to cry create a thread for it. Dumbo
Re: What We Entertained Ourselves With Before Cable TV by Nobody: 9:33am On Jan 30, 2021
Read most of those books, but I can't read em again, fckin cliche. God and James Hadley books are fckin horrible, don't know why my dad loved them.
Re: What We Entertained Ourselves With Before Cable TV by Elmaaq: 8:24pm On Feb 12, 2021
SegFault:
Read most of those books, but I can't read em again, fckin cliche. God and James Hadley books are fckin horrible, don't know why my dad loved them.

For you perhaps, read weep not child again via a book club and no regrets
Still read Hadley books once in a while
Re: What We Entertained Ourselves With Before Cable TV by Elmaaq: 8:26pm On Feb 12, 2021
Ishilove:
This was our Netflix back in the days...

Just went through the Thread, surprised no one mentioned Enid blyton's books, secret mountain etc

For games no one mentioned Dave, stumbled on Dave again few years back and still didn't finish the game lol
Nice throwback

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 83rd Birthday Today / Kumalo................supreme Confraternities / The Badboy Diary / Fiction Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.