Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:13 PM

Anambra: Christian Madubuko Resigns Over "Threat To His Life And Sabotage" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra: Christian Madubuko Resigns Over "Threat To His Life And Sabotage" (11017 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Apologises To Inspector Okon Over Threat To His Children / Buhari New Media Aide Involved In Financial Misappropriation And Sabotage / Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra: Christian Madubuko Resigns Over "Threat To His Life And Sabotage" by etokhana: 10:41pm On Jan 03, 2021
A Commissioner with the Anambra State Government, Dr Christian Madubuko has resigned his appointment, alleging threat to life and sabotage.

Madubuko who last worked as the Commissioner for Art, Culture and Tourism turned in his resignation letter, saying that the sabotage he has seen while working as Commissioner in Anambra is the reason it is difficult for Nigeria to develop.

Madubuko, a Canadian-trained Nigerian was first appointed as Commissioner for Industry, Trade and Commerce, the Commissioner for Road, Rail and Water Transportation and finally as Commissioner for Diaspora Affairs, Indigenous Artworks, Culture and Tourism.

He was known to have had a running battle with a fellow Commissioner, Mr Uche Okafor of the transport ministry, a battle which many believed he was bound to lose as Okafor was related to the wife of the governor, who is believed to be in charge of the state.

In his resignation letter, Madubuko charged Governor Obiano to quickly wake up and take charge of the government.

FULL TEXT OF RESIGNATION NOTICE
My dear colleagues, l wish to officially notify you of my resignation.
I have on the 11th of December 2020 resigned my position as Commissioner. It is my pleasure to thank all of you for the time we spent together in the service of our state. Indeed, it was a three years of action-packed lessons both positive and negative.

I must sincerely thank the Governor for the opportunity to serve. When l was appointed Commissioner in 2018, the Governor directed me to block all revenue leakages.

That l did without looking at faces. In the cause of fighting corrupt individuals holding the State revenue on the throat, all manners of frivolous petitions against me were written to the Governor accusing me of several misdeeds particularly distablising our party, APGA and advising the Governor to remove me before l do more harm to the party.

In several occasions, agents of darkness tried bribing me with milions of the naira. I arrested these criminals which was also applauded by the Governor at the exco meetings. Within this three years, l have been redeployed to three key ministries in the State as Commissioner. First, was as Commissioner for Industry, Trade and Commerce.

Second, was as Commissioner for Road, Rail and Water Transportation and finally as Commissioner for Diaspora Affairs, Indigenous Artworks, Culture and Tourism. In those Ministries, l performed above average. With all these hapenings, it became clear that when you fight corruption, corruption fights back in several forms.

I now understands clearly why Nigeria (nay Africa) can never develop like Europe. I came down from Australia to help in developing our state just like some of you were invited from different parts of the globe. True to my believe, l worked tirelessly to actualize that dream. In working to meet the target, we set – up Mobile Courts and jailed several revenue thieves and significantly raised the State revenue which were applauded by the Governor at various EXCO Meetings. I fought various parasitic interests and jailed many of them. I stepped on toes risking my own life for the survival of the State.

Those toes l stepped on are now in the prowl for my life. I am no longer safe as l speak. In three different occasions, l received baptism of fire by unknown gunmen/assassins. I was equally attacked severally at the Onitsha Main Market by the agents of the revenue criminals. All these attempts were to stop me from exposing the people involved in siphoning the State revenues into their private pockets to the detriments of the Anambra citizens.

I am particularly happy that the Governor acknowledged my positive and selfless contributions to the point of putting my life on the line in the process of executing my assignments. During the COVID – 19 PANDEMIC, I and my team transvassed and crisscrossed around the state day and night to ensure we protect our people from the dangerous virus.

I recalled the Governor phoning me together with his wife around 3am during the pandemic drama requesting me to have a rest. The Covid Saga provides an example of how bad our system has become.

All our efforts to help the Governor from all angles were unfortunately hijacked and framed in the bad light by forces of inordinate ambitions and insatiable greeds. I watched my State being destroyed by a tiny cabals of renegades. I advice His Excellency the Governor, to rise up to the challanges of leadership and take charge of his Government.

This is because, at the end of it all, the Governor alone takes all the glory for things done right and blames for things done wrong. In summary, l have balanced all and brought all to mind and decided to leave, effective 11:59pm 31st December 2020.

Once again, thank you all and remain blessed. We shall meet again in higher echelon. HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of us.
Christian C. Madubuko, PhD.
https://dailypost.ng/2021/01/03/breaking-anambra-commissioner-resigns-says-obiano-not-in-charge/

6 Likes

Re: Anambra: Christian Madubuko Resigns Over "Threat To His Life And Sabotage" by Poloyanabo2(m): 10:45pm On Jan 03, 2021
Yes we know his wife is in charge, he has proven times without numbers that he's not in charge.

16 Likes

Re: Anambra: Christian Madubuko Resigns Over "Threat To His Life And Sabotage" by NwaNimo1(m): 10:45pm On Jan 03, 2021
Useless Willie dey Texas as usual....

4 Likes

Re: Anambra: Christian Madubuko Resigns Over "Threat To His Life And Sabotage" by jchioma: 10:47pm On Jan 03, 2021
Integrity is hard to come by these days. The man has seen that where the head is irresponsible, evil will try to triumph over good.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra: Christian Madubuko Resigns Over "Threat To His Life And Sabotage" by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jan 03, 2021
Election year first drama..

More to follow..

I now understands clearly why Nigeria (nay Africa) can never develop like Europe. I came down from Australia to help in developing our state just like some of you were invited from different parts of the globe. True to my believe, l worked tirelessly to actualize that dream. In working to meet the target, we set – up Mobile Courts and jailed several revenue thieves and significantly raised the State revenue which were applauded by the Governor at various EXCO Meetings. I fought various parasitic interests and jailed many of them. I stepped on toes risking my own life for the survival of the State.

Kudos man.

Patriotism in action.

All our efforts to help the Governor from all angles were unfortunately hijacked and framed in the bad light by forces of inordinate ambitions and insatiable greeds. I watched my State being destroyed by a tiny cabals of renegades. I advice His Excellency the Governor, to rise up to the challanges of leadership and take charge of his Government.

Let him conduct local government Election first.

Good you stepped aside instead of been stained.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra: Christian Madubuko Resigns Over "Threat To His Life And Sabotage" by lagdmark(m): 10:59pm On Jan 03, 2021
Poloyanabo2:
Yes we know his wife is in charge, he has proven times without numbers that he's not in charge.
another Buhari like a person in charge of ANSG

9 Likes

Re: Anambra: Christian Madubuko Resigns Over "Threat To His Life And Sabotage" by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jan 03, 2021
Poloyanabo2:

Seriously
Re: Anambra: Christian Madubuko Resigns Over "Threat To His Life And Sabotage" by Racoon(m): 11:03pm On Jan 03, 2021
Governor Willie Obiano have been a dunce & dumbass drunkard since he entered government house while his assertive wife have continue to bulldozed whosoever will not do her bidding.See what the so called leaders have reduced governance to.Too bad!

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra: Christian Madubuko Resigns Over "Threat To His Life And Sabotage" by Lanre4uonly(m): 11:11pm On Jan 03, 2021
Ok. It is noted.
Wishing you all the best in your future endeavors.

1 Like

Re: Anambra: Christian Madubuko Resigns Over "Threat To His Life And Sabotage" by mumumugu(m): 1:43am On Jan 04, 2021
Obiano wife is in charge.

Obiano must be a SIMP

3 Likes

Re: Anambra: Christian Madubuko Resigns Over "Threat To His Life And Sabotage" by Ikinternational: 2:36am On Jan 04, 2021
NwaNimo1:
Willie dey Texas as usual....

Get the addy. I'll beat him 4u

7 Likes

Re: Anambra: Christian Madubuko Resigns Over "Threat To His Life And Sabotage" by abc115: 3:14am On Jan 04, 2021
over to you....
Re: Anambra: Christian Madubuko Resigns Over "Threat To His Life And Sabotage" by Nobody: 3:21am On Jan 04, 2021
Obiano runs Anambra from Texas . Udom runs Akwa ibom from Lagos. I even read an article Donald Duke said he had to fly to US to spend time with his wife and children on the weekends when he was governor .All their kids are abroad. imagine governor is living abroad while running a state. These guys only show up for functions and disappear. This country won't be better anytime soon.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra: Christian Madubuko Resigns Over "Threat To His Life And Sabotage" by SGANIVA(m): 4:41am On Jan 04, 2021
this commissioner is a very good man ,uche Okafor and obiano 's wife flooded the streets of anambra with touts , Christian madubuko made onitsha one of the best and safest place to be when he was commissioner of transport

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra: Christian Madubuko Resigns Over "Threat To His Life And Sabotage" by 3rdavefarms(m): 4:42am On Jan 04, 2021
Backward people
Re: Anambra: Christian Madubuko Resigns Over "Threat To His Life And Sabotage" by STRI1: 4:42am On Jan 04, 2021
Bad
Re: Anambra: Christian Madubuko Resigns Over "Threat To His Life And Sabotage" by samyj2477: 4:51am On Jan 04, 2021
Received baptism of fire from gun men/Assassins 3 times and still alive. hmm the native doctor weh do that Odeshi otumokpo strong oo. Better to resign and have peace. What a good man.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra: Christian Madubuko Resigns Over "Threat To His Life And Sabotage" by Exc2000: 4:56am On Jan 04, 2021
cool

He did what he thought is right, some people value their integrity

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra: Christian Madubuko Resigns Over "Threat To His Life And Sabotage" by gboyetade: 4:57am On Jan 04, 2021
An unusual step in this part of the world

17 Likes

Re: Anambra: Christian Madubuko Resigns Over "Threat To His Life And Sabotage" by Kosoco(m): 5:03am On Jan 04, 2021
Texas Governor....

1 Like

Re: Anambra: Christian Madubuko Resigns Over "Threat To His Life And Sabotage" by ATEAMS: 5:13am On Jan 04, 2021
Guilty conscience
Re: Anambra: Christian Madubuko Resigns Over "Threat To His Life And Sabotage" by Nato008(m): 5:25am On Jan 04, 2021
he said nothing but the blunt truth, corruption fought back....

11 Likes

Re: Anambra: Christian Madubuko Resigns Over "Threat To His Life And Sabotage" by cooooooks(m): 5:30am On Jan 04, 2021
The lack of continuity in instances of good governance is probably our biggest problem right now.

1 step forward, 5 steps back.

The few who are not in it purely to make money lose hope and leave. This only increases the rate of looting.

Quite scary if you ask me.

9 Likes

Re: Anambra: Christian Madubuko Resigns Over "Threat To His Life And Sabotage" by calberian: 5:49am On Jan 04, 2021
Issalie!

A Nigerian politician resigned!

Lemme goan send his name to Guiness Book of Records for consideration.

11 Likes

Re: Anambra: Christian Madubuko Resigns Over "Threat To His Life And Sabotage" by Mopolchi: 5:51am On Jan 04, 2021
Willie Obiano is turning out to be a failed governor; nothing to show as an achievement after all these years of being at the helm of affairs.

11 Likes

Re: Anambra: Christian Madubuko Resigns Over "Threat To His Life And Sabotage" by anambraamaka: 6:03am On Jan 04, 2021
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Anambra: Christian Madubuko Resigns Over "Threat To His Life And Sabotage" by greatiyk4u(m): 6:22am On Jan 04, 2021
Outstanding
Re: Anambra: Christian Madubuko Resigns Over "Threat To His Life And Sabotage" by Sammy07: 6:26am On Jan 04, 2021
over to you.
Re: Anambra: Christian Madubuko Resigns Over "Threat To His Life And Sabotage" by HelpYourself(m): 6:27am On Jan 04, 2021
Wow

This is amazing , this is a show of integrity and character ,quite rare in this part of the world unfortunately.

Three assassination attempts on his life ?! I support his decision to resign ,a job isn't worth dying for when you aren't a military man.

Seems the best politicians come for anambra , for example,Peter Obi, Dora Akunyuli, Prof Soludo now this man.

Seems Anambra has a huge number for people with integrity . Hope we get a president from there one day.. imagine what people like these would do if elected as federal staff! Nigeria would turn around

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anambra: Christian Madubuko Resigns Over "Threat To His Life And Sabotage" by Anaerobi(m): 6:34am On Jan 04, 2021
the way some people view life is so dishearten.
Re: Anambra: Christian Madubuko Resigns Over "Threat To His Life And Sabotage" by merits(m): 6:39am On Jan 04, 2021
I don talk am since, I lost hope on 9ja the day I realized "when you fight corruption, corruption fought back".this happened to my boss back then when he was trying to do proper things to save government from loosen money to the looters.they begin to petitioned him up and down to dent his golden name, with frustration from every angle.the man called me and told me Nigeria is hard to rule by any sincere and good hearted person I was just dumbfounded!

Then why are we blaming Buhari? when a mere governor is ruling is state from far away Texas, can you imagine the stupidity embedded in the gene of Willie for God sake.
Tax payers money don suffer no be small.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra: Christian Madubuko Resigns Over "Threat To His Life And Sabotage" by Stateoforigin: 6:40am On Jan 04, 2021
For all your laundry and dry cleaning service around Lugbe, Apo, Durumi, Airport road, Gaduwa and it's environs, call us on the number in my signature. A trial will convince you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Seme/krake Joint Border Post To Be Private Sector Driven / Tropical Storm In Lagos: I Hope You Are Safe? + Latest Meteriological Reports / Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa-Fulani shall remain one!!! (SEE WHY)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.