Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,133 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

President Buhari Approves Take-Off Of The Special Public Works Programme - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / President Buhari Approves Take-Off Of The Special Public Works Programme (14593 Views)

Special Public Works Project ( Spw) 2020 / 774000 Jobs To Continue Jan 5th - Special Public Works Programme / BREAKING NEWS: FG Shortlist Beneficiaries Of Special Public Works Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari Approves Take-Off Of The Special Public Works Programme by fergie001: 11:41pm On Jan 03, 2021
President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the take-off of the Special Public Works (SPW) Programme to commence nationwide on Tuesday, January 05, 2020.

This was disclosed by the Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Festus Keyamo, via twitter.

The Federal Government's SPW Programme is aimed at employing 774,000 youths across the 774 Local Government Areas in Nigeria, under its co-ordinating agency, The National Directorate of Employment (NDE).

The Programme began on the 1st of November, 2020 until its take-off was halted by the House of Representatives, following the 'frosty relationship' between Mr. Keyamo and the then Director-General of the NDE, Nasiru Argungu culminating in the sack of the latter.

President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the take off of the Special Public Works Programme (engaging 774,000 unemployed itinerant Nigerians) to begin nationwide on Tuesday, January 5th, 2021. All NDE state structures are already in top gear for the take-off ceremonies.

Festus Keyamo, SAN

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Approves Take-Off Of The Special Public Works Programme by Primee: 4:59am On Jan 04, 2021
Re: President Buhari Approves Take-Off Of The Special Public Works Programme by Nobody: 4:59am On Jan 04, 2021
Best President ever! Best President alive! #Buhari'sNigeria loading... PARADISE ON EARTH!

Give President Muhammadu Buhari 20 years to rule Nigeria uninterrupted, and the United States of America, with all its development, would look like a 13th century ghetto where Nigeria is! Nigeria will be so advanced that even the Garden of Eden will be competing with Abia State! That's how great our beloved President Baba is!

God bless President Muhammadu Buhari.
God bless all patriotic Nigerians.
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Approves Take-Off Of The Special Public Works Programme by Odobaone: 5:00am On Jan 04, 2021
This people just dey press this Jibril head d way dem like and d computer no SEND. Person whey him wife leave am for 3 months normal abi?

8 Likes

Re: President Buhari Approves Take-Off Of The Special Public Works Programme by Michoous: 5:01am On Jan 04, 2021
?
Re: President Buhari Approves Take-Off Of The Special Public Works Programme by money121(m): 5:02am On Jan 04, 2021
Nice one

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Approves Take-Off Of The Special Public Works Programme by bendutch(m): 5:02am On Jan 04, 2021
Buhari where is your wife?

8 Likes

Re: President Buhari Approves Take-Off Of The Special Public Works Programme by ECHICHE: 5:06am On Jan 04, 2021
No month passes without announcing take off of this Presidential public work......... By February, they will still announce it.

How will Nigerians believe in this government with all this back snd from?

6 Likes

Re: President Buhari Approves Take-Off Of The Special Public Works Programme by taiwoowiat: 5:06am On Jan 04, 2021
Okay
Re: President Buhari Approves Take-Off Of The Special Public Works Programme by gboyetade: 5:07am On Jan 04, 2021
Is it not the one where the commites at state level are politicians

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Approves Take-Off Of The Special Public Works Programme by TBadd(m): 5:07am On Jan 04, 2021
Shebi 2moro na 5th... We dey!

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Approves Take-Off Of The Special Public Works Programme by ATEAMS: 5:10am On Jan 04, 2021
All the best lad
Re: President Buhari Approves Take-Off Of The Special Public Works Programme by nameo: 5:11am On Jan 04, 2021
SilverNorGold:
Best President ever! Best President alive! #Buhari'sNigeria loading... PARADISE ON EARTH!

Give President Muhammadu Buhari 20 years to rule Nigeria uninterrupted, and the United States of America, with all its development, would look like a 13th century ghetto where Nigeria is! Nigeria will be so advanced that even the Garden of Eden will be competing with Abia State! That's how great our beloved President Baba is!

Are you sure you are OK, Bros

This cannot be just Zoombism o!!!

7 Likes

Re: President Buhari Approves Take-Off Of The Special Public Works Programme by Chicha77: 5:25am On Jan 04, 2021
bendutch:
Buhari where is your wife?
she dey ur father house

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Approves Take-Off Of The Special Public Works Programme by Newman20(m): 5:28am On Jan 04, 2021
SilverNorGold:

However much they're paying you

ITS NOT ENOUGH

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Approves Take-Off Of The Special Public Works Programme by Zico5(m): 5:35am On Jan 04, 2021
Approve this, approve that. Will do this, will do that, gradually 2023 is approaching. I pray God see us through alive cos this Buhari regime has nothing to offer the masses. They are just there to run their time with massive looting.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Approves Take-Off Of The Special Public Works Programme by Zico5(m): 5:35am On Jan 04, 2021
SilverNorGold:

This really shows that many are not okay in this country. If someone can praise a senile, unproductive and tyrant person this way then I see there is big problem ahead. I'm very sure u must be cashing out big time in this government. May God have mercy on your soul.

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Approves Take-Off Of The Special Public Works Programme by omojesu202(m): 5:36am On Jan 04, 2021
it's like I am not a Nigerian ooo.
have never benefitted from all these programs. abi na audio
Re: President Buhari Approves Take-Off Of The Special Public Works Programme by Nobody: 5:36am On Jan 04, 2021
Newman20:

However much they're paying you

ITS NOT ENOUGH

My beloved brother, what nonsense are you saying? Pay me to be patriotic? Nawa o!

Nigeria must better!

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari Approves Take-Off Of The Special Public Works Programme by Comedian2019: 5:44am On Jan 04, 2021
How much are they paying beneficiaries?
Re: President Buhari Approves Take-Off Of The Special Public Works Programme by wunmi590(m): 5:48am On Jan 04, 2021

Untop 3 month job for 30k each, that what took this people months to approve, when they all dumped thier children in the best company in nigeria and abroad.
Re: President Buhari Approves Take-Off Of The Special Public Works Programme by deeway200(m): 5:53am On Jan 04, 2021
[quote author=SilverNorGold post=97698255]Best President ever! Best President alive! #Buhari'sNigeria loading... PARADISE ON EARTH!

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria![sycophant]
Re: President Buhari Approves Take-Off Of The Special Public Works Programme by KhingPaul(m): 5:56am On Jan 04, 2021
Re: President Buhari Approves Take-Off Of The Special Public Works Programme by KhingPaul(m): 5:56am On Jan 04, 2021
Omo mehn. Another "Audio Take-Off". On top how much sef? Wahala be like Nigeria. This country na joke jare. Nonsense and ingredients. Iranu people.
Re: President Buhari Approves Take-Off Of The Special Public Works Programme by flexd99(m): 6:06am On Jan 04, 2021
O
Re: President Buhari Approves Take-Off Of The Special Public Works Programme by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:13am On Jan 04, 2021
Good governance by our darling Daddy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Approves Take-Off Of The Special Public Works Programme by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:15am On Jan 04, 2021
Slow and steady we will get to the kind of country we deserve.

Kudos to our darling Daddy for all the good works he and his Vice president have been doing all over our darling nation.

Slow and steady, Nigeria will be great in our lifetime.

Exc2000:
cool
For Lagos -Ibadan - Abeokuta standard guage Rail way

........ and God bless Rotimi Amaechi as well
Correct.

More sad news to the eyes of wailing zombies.........

I HATE TRAINS.
I HATE BRIDGES.
I HATE RICE.
I HATE TALLEST BUILDING EAST OF THE NIGER

Let me give the background to this piece. I was reading some comments on Twitter early in the week, when I ran into this one by one Dr Ben Gbenro: “Why are some people allergic to good news about Nigeria? You are angry about the test-run of Lagos-Ibadan rail, you are angry about the development in Onne Port, but will eagerly amplify any negative news even if it’s not true. Something is wrong with you and I am here to tell you.”

Of course, that comment generated responses, both positive and negative. But the one that caught my fancy specially was by Ayekooto, who declared: “We have got to a stage when GMB achievements can no longer be denied but hated. I hate trains. I hate bridges. I hate rice.”

Very profound. A lot of people can no longer deny the many achievements of President Muhammadu Buhari, particularly in the area of infrastructure, building a new Nigeria, and so, they have decided to hate it. Sad. Very sad.

Nobody can deny that there are very serious challenges in the country, particularly in the areas of security, the economy, and standard of living generally. But that is not all there is to Nigeria of today, and those challenges are being addressed very robustly. That hymn says “behind a frowning providence, He hides a smiling face. His purposes will ripen fast, unfolding every hour.” We will surely see an end to the challenges, if we all work together, and eschew hate speeches.

Why then do some people choose to see and amplify only negative things? Why do they choose to remain willfully blind and deaf to positive things? And surrounded and confronted by salutary developments, they keep repeating; what has the Buhari administration achieved? Show us.

You tell them that just last weekend, there was a test run of the Lagos-Ibadan rail project, with brand new coaches that will begin commercial operation before the end of the year.That is happening in a country where we were told we couldn’t afford new coaches when our oil was selling at over 100 dollars per barrel. Now, at about 40 dollars per barrel, we are launching new coaches. Instead of giving credit to a prudent government, they just say; I hate trains.

Okay, if you hate trains, what of brand new airports in Abuja, Port Harcourt, Kano, Enugu, and others in the works? There was a time we were said to parade the worst airports in the world. But not any longer. Buhari reversed it in his four years. What do they say about that? They look up, look down, scratch their heads, and say; I hate airports. I’ve never even boarded a plane in my life, and I don’t want to board. Will I ever enter a plane if I’d been killed by bandits?

Okay. You hate airports and planes. What of bridges being built over rivers in different parts of the country, most especially the Second River Niger Bridge, which the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) built with mouth for 16 years. You tell them that the bridge is almost 50% done, and should be completed in the first quarter of 2022. There’s also the Loko-Oweto Bridge, linking Benue and Nasarawa States. It was started by a previous administration, but almost completed now. Like a cornered rat, their eyes dart furtively from corner to corner, seeking a hole to enter. Finding none, they tell you deadpan: I hate bridges.

Okay. All those are physical structures. So they want stomach infrastructure. You then tell them of the rice revolution, which has freed us from being a net importer of the product in the world. You point out that if Buhari hadn’t put his money where his mouth was, and encouraged us to go back to the land, causing rice farmers to rise from six to 12 million, we would have been in serious trouble when COVID-19 struck. How would we have imported rice, with all international borders closed, and no foreign exchange to even place orders? They pat their tummies gingerly, belch after a hearty meal, and then declare: I hate rice.

A Cancer Centre has been built and commissioned by President Buhari at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH). An ultra-modern diagnostic center also built and commissioned in Kano. And just this week, another diagnostic centre built at a cost of $5.5 million, was commissioned at the Federal Medical Centre, Umuahia, in Abia State. What do they say of all these? “I hate hospitals. May I never need to use any diagnostic centre. It is not my portion.”

You join them to say amen, since you don’t have a hateful heart. And you remind them that the largest ever vessel in the country, Maerskline Stadelhorn, with a length of 300 meters and width of 48 meters, berthed few days ago at Onne Port, in Rivers State. That is the biggest ever container vessel to berth in any part of Nigeria. Onne people were delirious with joy, and praised the government to high heavens, because no vessel had come to their port for 12 years, till August last year, under Buhari. You tell the naysayers the positive economic implications, but they refuse to listen. They dive under water, shouting as they go: We hate container vessels.

You then take them to Yenagoa, in Bayelsa State. Just last week, the skyline of South-south and South-East was transformed, as President Buhari commissioned the tallest Federal Government structure in the region, the 17-story Nigerian Content Tower, Headquarters of Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB).

The architectural masterpiece occupies an area equivalent to four football fields, and has a 1,000 seater conference centre plus a 10 MW power plant. Started in late 2015, now completed, all under Buhari. Engineer Simbi Wabote, Executive Secretary of the agency paid tribute to the resolve, determination and encouragement of the President, that saw the structure to completion in record time. And Wabote, third E.S of NCDMB in its 10 years history, has written his name in gold. Just because he has a supportive President.

Minister of State for Petroleum, Chief Timipre Sylvia, under whose tenure as Bayelsa State Governor the land was allocated for the project, declared: “The commissioning of this building is symbolic in many ways. It shows that Mr President is keen to see infrastructural development in every part of the country...It shows that skyscrapers and other laudable infrastructure can be built in the Niger Delta.”

But they say Buhari hasn’t achieved anything. You show them the 17-story building, and as they gaze skyward, their caps and headgear fall off. You pick the cap and headgear, dust and hand them back. And you ask, brothers and sisters, how now? Rather than admit defeat, they pull the caps and headgear over their eyes, and grumbled: We hate skyscrapers. They make us dizzy.

At that point, you pity them.
You realize that they need prayers.
They hate everything good.
They hate anything uplifting.
They hate development.
They hate their country.
They even hate themselves.

To the enemies of the country,
Children of hate, Frustrations and perdition,
Lovers of bad news,
The anointing wey all of us @[color=#006600][/color] carry,
No be una Papa mate!

No Cap!

MAY BUHARI SUCCEED.

supereagle:
May PMB live long.
Amen and God bless you real good.
Happy New Year.

honor4me:
Ameen What a wonderful piece. A keen observant. We appreciate you as we appreciate the PMB and his team. Leave the children of hate alone. No prophet is ever liked in his time. They will come back to praise him and his good works when he has left the stage. For the present let’s just bear their cries and wailings
God bless you and God bless your parents for giving us a wise man like you.
You are one of the few sane people we have here.
Keep it up and Happy New Year! kiss

We moveeeee.....

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari Approves Take-Off Of The Special Public Works Programme by WelcomeToBiafra: 6:16am On Jan 04, 2021
Nigerian government officials are very good at propaganda and lies.

BTW! Maybe they are right, they are approving supports for their fulani terrorist groups in military commands against Eastern Security Network because Mazi Nnamdi Kanu is coming back with Biafra Government.

Re: President Buhari Approves Take-Off Of The Special Public Works Programme by merits(m): 6:21am On Jan 04, 2021
I don't believe this.

Re: President Buhari Approves Take-Off Of The Special Public Works Programme by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:23am On Jan 04, 2021
WelcomeToBiafra:
Nigerian government officials are very good at propaganda and lies.

BTW! Maybe they are right, they are approving supports for their fulani terrorist groups in military commands against Eastern Security Network because Mazi Nnamdi Kanu is coming back with Biafra Government.

4 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Salary Structure For Nigerian Fire Service / Vacancy For Paid Forum Moderator With Spam Management Focus / I Didn't Cheat On A Job Test Does That Make Me A Fool ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.