Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,848 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

13 Most Beautiful Snakes In The World (Facts And 4 Pictures Each) - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 13 Most Beautiful Snakes In The World (Facts And 4 Pictures Each) (49603 Views)

This Fish is Able To Kill Snakes & Other Animals While Walking On Land (Video) / The Tree That Bleeds Like Human (Facts And Pictures) / Black Mamba: The Deadliest Snake In The World - Facts And Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

13 Most Beautiful Snakes In The World (Facts And 4 Pictures Each) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 7:14am On Jan 04, 2021
I've always been interested in exotic animals, especially animals that frighten most people.

Today, I would be sharing some facts and pictures of 13 most beautiful snakes in the world.

Stay back to enjoy the lovely thread and please let's know your favourite most beautiful snake listed in this thread.

https://owlcation.com/stem/Snakes-Are-Beautiful-At-Least-When-Theyre-in-Pictures

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 13 Most Beautiful Snakes In The World (Facts And 4 Pictures Each) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 7:16am On Jan 04, 2021
1. Emerald Green Pit Viper

Let's begin with a relatively new discovery; the Emerald Green Pit Viper was first found in 2002 in the eastern mountains of the Himalayas in the nation of Burma.

This intensely green venomous snake has bright markings with males having red eyes with red and white stripes while females have yellow eyes and stripes that are mostly white.

They can grow to at least 4 1/2 feet long, but as a fairly recent finding in the reptile kingdom, there may be much about this lovely creature that we are yet to learn, including their actual maximum size.

https://owlcation.com/stem/Snakes-Are-Beautiful-At-Least-When-Theyre-in-Pictures

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 13 Most Beautiful Snakes In The World (Facts And 4 Pictures Each) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 7:17am On Jan 04, 2021
2. Blue Malaysian Coral Snake

The Blue Malaysian Coral Snake grows to about 5 feet and lives on a diet of other snakes, including others of its own kind.

It might occasionally consume a lizard or a frog, maybe even an unlucky bird, but for the most part it is strictly a snake eater.

This poisonous reptile is active mostly at night when it can be fairly aggressive while remaining rather timid until the sun goes down. It uses its colorful body to scare off predators by turning over and showing its red belly and uses its tail as a decoy for its head, allowing it to strike when its tail is attacked.

The snake can be found in Malaysia, Cambodia, Singapore, Indonesia, and Thailand.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 13 Most Beautiful Snakes In The World (Facts And 4 Pictures Each) by Zanotty(m): 7:20am On Jan 04, 2021
The second though cute af but deadly too

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 13 Most Beautiful Snakes In The World (Facts And 4 Pictures Each) by badaru911: 7:21am On Jan 04, 2021
Not only beautiful but also deadly....

8 Likes

Re: 13 Most Beautiful Snakes In The World (Facts And 4 Pictures Each) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 7:22am On Jan 04, 2021
3. Brazilian Rainbow Boa

The Brazilian Rainbow Boa is one of nature's most beautiful snakes. The iridescent quality of its scales is caused by tiny ridges on the scales that refract light like small prisms.

This adds to the boa's already attractive coloring and really makes this a standout reptile. Found mainly in the Amazon Basin, this snake feeds mostly on small rodents and birds but also may eat amphibians such as frogs and lizards.

It is a mid-sized snake, averaging about 5 feet though occasionally reaching 7 feet or more

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Most Beautiful Snakes In The World (Facts And 4 Pictures Each) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 7:26am On Jan 04, 2021
4. Northern Scarlet Snake

The Northern Scarlet Snake is found in the southern and eastern United States, often burrowing in open forest areas or developed agricultural areas and spends most of its time hidden.

This nonvenomous colubrid feeds mostly on reptile eggs including snake eggs but also sometimes eats rodents or lizards. It is a small snake with a maximum length of less than two feet with a record length of 32 inches.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 13 Most Beautiful Snakes In The World (Facts And 4 Pictures Each) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 7:28am On Jan 04, 2021
5. King Cobra

When it comes to big snakes, people generally think of boas, pythons, and anacondas. But the King Cobra, the world's longest venomous snake, is no shorty by a long shot. Averaging around 12 feet but topping out at over 18 feet, the King Cobra is still a fast and agile reptile.

It is considered the most dangerous Asiatic snake, delivering a potent amount of venom in a single bite. Found throughout Southeast Asia and parts of India, this snake subsists mainly on other snakes but will now and then consume lizards, small rodents, and even birds.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 13 Most Beautiful Snakes In The World (Facts And 4 Pictures Each) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 7:29am On Jan 04, 2021
6. Topaz Tanami Woma Python

The Topaz Tanami Woma Python is a medium-sized python growing to about 3 1/2 feet that was purposefully bred while in captivity from the Tanami Woma Python to increase the richness of its colors.

The Tanami Woma is found in the Tanami desert region of Australia's Northern Territory. In their natural habitat, womas are burrowing snakes, often living in multi-chambered burrows. They eat small mammals such as rabbits as well as lizards and other reptiles.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 13 Most Beautiful Snakes In The World (Facts And 4 Pictures Each) by mountmoriah(m): 7:29am On Jan 04, 2021
Ok
Re: 13 Most Beautiful Snakes In The World (Facts And 4 Pictures Each) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 7:31am On Jan 04, 2021
7. Leucistic Texas Rat Snake

The Leucistic Texas Rat Snake is a nonvenomous colubrid found primarily in Texas. I wonder if that has anything to do with why it was named what it was?

The "leucistic" part means they have reduced pigmentation of all skin pigments which is different from albinism in which only melanin is reduced. Unlike albinos, animals characterized by leucism do not have altered eye color. Growing to lengths over 6 feet, the Leucistic Texas Rat Snake has a healthy appetite and consumes plenty of rodents and birds as well as frogs and lizards.

They are quick to bite if handled, but their bite is mostly harmless.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 13 Most Beautiful Snakes In The World (Facts And 4 Pictures Each) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 7:32am On Jan 04, 2021
8. Emerald Tree Boa

The Emerald Tree Boa is found in many parts of South America including along the Amazon River. They average around six feet in length but can grow up to nine feet. Their diet is mainly small mammals but they do occasionally consume birds, lizards and frogs.

Their slow metabolism allow them to go several months between meals. Though completely unrelated species, Emerald Tree Boas appear very similar to the Green Tree Python who are closely related to the High Yellow Green Tree Python.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Most Beautiful Snakes In The World (Facts And 4 Pictures Each) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 7:33am On Jan 04, 2021
9. High Yellow Green Tree Python

The High Yellow Tree Python is a large snake that grows from four to seven feet long. It is nonvenomous and eats small mammals and sometimes reptiles.

They hunt by hanging from branches and striking from an S shape, then constricting the prey. It is an oviparous snake and one of the few snakes that stays with its eggs to incubate them.

It is found mainly on the island of Kofiau in West Papua, Indonesia, though the aforementioned Green Tree Python to which it is closely related can be found throughout most of Indonesia, New Guinea and parts of Queensland, Australia.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 13 Most Beautiful Snakes In The World (Facts And 4 Pictures Each) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 7:34am On Jan 04, 2021
10. Pied-Bellied Shieldtail Snake

Pied-Bellied Shieldtails are nonvenomous, burrowing snakes that mostly live underground in India and Sri Lanka. It is believed they eat mainly earthworms, but very little research has been done to support this.

They are relatively small with a maximum length of around 2 1/2 feet but more often are much smaller, with full grown snakes sometimes no longer than eight inches.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 13 Most Beautiful Snakes In The World (Facts And 4 Pictures Each) by debbydams(f): 7:36am On Jan 04, 2021
How can we convert this to pepper soup tongue

20 Likes

Re: 13 Most Beautiful Snakes In The World (Facts And 4 Pictures Each) by sylve11: 7:36am On Jan 04, 2021
No matter how cute they may appear, the snake will always bite back. cool

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Most Beautiful Snakes In The World (Facts And 4 Pictures Each) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 7:37am On Jan 04, 2021
11. Coast Garter Snake

The Coast Garter Snake can be found in the western coastal states of the United States from Oregon down through southern California.

The snake is considered harmless to humans but does produce a mild neurotoxin that it distributes by chewing its prey. A bite from one of these colubrids can produce swelling and irritation but has no lasting effect.

Coast Garter Snakes have one of the most diverse diets of any reptiles and will consume practically anything it can overpower from slugs, earthworms, and leeches to birds, fish and rodents. They grow to approximately from 18 to 42 inches.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 13 Most Beautiful Snakes In The World (Facts And 4 Pictures Each) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 7:40am On Jan 04, 2021
12. Red Milk Snake

Red Milk Snakes are nonvenomous but look very similar some species of the poisonous Coral Snake, fooling predators into mistaking the harmless snake for its deadlier doppelganger.

Red Milk Snakes can be found from the southern parts of Canada down to parts of Ecuador and Venezuela.

They can reach a maximum length of almost five feet, but most are smaller, sometimes reaching only about 20 inches as an adult. Their diet is mostly made up of rodents, but they are opportunistic eaters and will consume other snakes, fish, reptiles, birds and bird eggs, and more.

They got their name from an urban myth that they would suck milk from a cow's udder that likely developed due to their abundance in barns where a bounty of rodents were available for feeding.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 13 Most Beautiful Snakes In The World (Facts And 4 Pictures Each) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 7:42am On Jan 04, 2021
13. Eastern Corn Snake

Eastern Corn Snakes (or simply Corn Snakes or also known as Red Rat Snakes) are found in the southeastern and central United States.

These beautiful reptiles reach lengths of 4 feet up to about 6 feet and are often found in areas where small rodents gather as this is their primary source of food.

They are rather docile snakes that make excellent pets as their care is rather simple and they are generally reluctant to bite, making them a good choice even for young snake enthusiasts.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Most Beautiful Snakes In The World (Facts And 4 Pictures Each) by alexsoftwork(m): 7:46am On Jan 04, 2021
Venomously beautiful snake.

I go dash lalaticla.la 100k if this news no make front page. grin

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Most Beautiful Snakes In The World (Facts And 4 Pictures Each) by illicit(m): 7:49am On Jan 04, 2021
No Nigerian snake come fine
Anyway we don mostly eradicate them

22 Likes

Re: 13 Most Beautiful Snakes In The World (Facts And 4 Pictures Each) by donbachi(m): 7:54am On Jan 04, 2021
Op,u did not add buratainic python.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Most Beautiful Snakes In The World (Facts And 4 Pictures Each) by Bigggloadofcum: 7:58am On Jan 04, 2021
grin

If Mr Lala see this one na front page straight.

I love snakes a lot. Very fond of them too.

But...

Two years ago I opened the door to my room only to see a long and not so fat snake on the floor close to my bed.

That was the first time in my life I found myself one on one with such creature. I froze.

But I remembered that 13 days before, Ijeoma had promised to deal with me for dumping her after my carnal knowledge of her.

I started saying "I.J (that's what I normally call her). Please forgive me, I can't leave this world now. Please I.J." I stood there for about 8 minutes without being able to move.

To my surprise this creepy creature started moving towards me. I couldn't run, I kept muttering the word Ijeoma, Ijeoma. But the snake just slithered past me and went away.

I never saw Ijeoma again but I strongly believe that was Ijeoma sending a message.

It was a stern warning never to mess with her kind again.(so I thought)

Did I change after that? Hmm! The spirit is always willing but the flesh no send am.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Most Beautiful Snakes In The World (Facts And 4 Pictures Each) by alexsoftwork(m): 8:25am On Jan 04, 2021
Odewaleadesoye:
2. Blue Malaysian Coral Snake

The Blue Malaysian Coral Snake grows to about 5 feet and lives on a diet of other snakes, including others of its own kind.

It might occasionally consume a lizard or a frog, maybe even an unlucky bird, but for the most part it is strictly a snake eater.

This poisonous reptile is active mostly at night when it can be fairly aggressive while remaining rather timid until the sun goes down. It uses its colorful body to scare off predators by turning over and showing its red belly and uses its tail as a decoy for its head, allowing it to strike when its tail is attacked.

The snake can be found in Malaysia, Cambodia, Singapore, Indonesia, and Thailand.

This is prince charming snake.

1 Like

Re: 13 Most Beautiful Snakes In The World (Facts And 4 Pictures Each) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 8:29am On Jan 04, 2021

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 13 Most Beautiful Snakes In The World (Facts And 4 Pictures Each) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 10:06am On Jan 04, 2021

2 Likes

Re: 13 Most Beautiful Snakes In The World (Facts And 4 Pictures Each) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 10:42am On Jan 04, 2021

2 Likes

Re: 13 Most Beautiful Snakes In The World (Facts And 4 Pictures Each) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 10:45am On Jan 04, 2021

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Most Beautiful Snakes In The World (Facts And 4 Pictures Each) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 10:49am On Jan 04, 2021

1 Like

Re: 13 Most Beautiful Snakes In The World (Facts And 4 Pictures Each) by okanlanwon44879: 10:52am On Jan 04, 2021
Not only beautiful but also deadly....

1 Like

Re: 13 Most Beautiful Snakes In The World (Facts And 4 Pictures Each) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 10:56am On Jan 04, 2021

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Inverter And Solar Panel Solution To Nigeria Electricity Failure / Isa Creates Bicycle Chain Charger In Bida, Niger: Dangerous Or Innovative? / How The Giraffe Got Its Long Neck (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.