Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,377 members, 7,800,758 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

What's The Cost Of Obtaining An International Passport In Nigeria? - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What's The Cost Of Obtaining An International Passport In Nigeria? (52948 Views)

Nigeria Passport In 1982 When $1164.84 Was N800 / The Official Cost Of Obtaining A Nigerian Passport And Other Related Issues / The Cost Of Fueling A Plane From Lagos To London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Cost Of Obtaining An International Passport In Nigeria? by Liposure: 9:24am On Jan 05, 2021
tarantino1:

Add like 2k for settlement. Got mine within 2 hours.

Modified: I'm shocked people wait for weeks before getting it. Wow!
where are we going in this country

1 Like

Re: What's The Cost Of Obtaining An International Passport In Nigeria? by yungcozy(m): 10:02am On Jan 05, 2021
How Much is The Nigerian International Passport Currently this 2021?

The cost of the Nigerian international passport for the new 64-page passport is N70,000 with a 10 year validity period and N35,000 for five years. Applicants for the new 32-page passport with a five year validity period costs N25,000 at the Nigerian immigration service office this 2021.

The NIS said the registration and the issuance of new international e-passport will begin from December 4, 2021 in Abuja. Many Nigerians have expressed dismay at the price of this travel/identification document.

Renewal of the Nigerian International Passport

If there should be any need for renewal of a passport, it would be the same amount paid for 64 pages and same amount goes for lost passport also. We often advise that you apply for a new Nigerian passport and avoid the stress attached to renew an old passport.

Documents Needed to Apply For a Nigerian Passport

Before you would register or apply for the passport, the following documents should be made available at the Immigration Office:

Passport Application Form
Your payment slip
Local government state of origin
Birth certificate document
Driver’s license and
Two recent passport sized photographs in white background.

Visit the Nigerian Immigration Service website to know more about the cost and application for a Nigerian International passport.

Update January, 2021. THE NEW E-PASSPORT

According to the Punch, the cost of new international passport by categories include:

32-page five-year standard passport stood at N25,000;

64-page five-year standard passport at N35,000;

64-page 10-year standard passport at N70,000

The Nigeria Immigration Service says it will commence issuance of new passport in the Federal Capital Territory from December 4, 2021.

website for immigration of passport,registration is online.you only have to go to the immigration office to submit ur bio data and capture.
https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/passport/epassport

more info visit
https://nigerianinfopedia.com.ng/cost-of-nigerian-international-passport/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What's The Cost Of Obtaining An International Passport In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:11am On Jan 05, 2021
Following
Re: What's The Cost Of Obtaining An International Passport In Nigeria? by 99thEnemy(m): 10:23am On Jan 05, 2021
CandyOps:
there's an official price around 14k or so but then it'll take ages for the p.port to be processed.

And there's a backdoor option called instant passport. that one na like 30 something then don't know about now. You pay the bribe and they run it for and capture your pic same day.

You can either be a good Nigerian and go the first route or you be a better Nigerian and use the 2nd option.

You go sha need like utility bill receipts I think

grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What's The Cost Of Obtaining An International Passport In Nigeria? by 99thEnemy(m): 10:25am On Jan 05, 2021
luvkidtemmy:
I think it's 27k for 15pages

Mine was 30k plus for 32 pages oh!
Re: What's The Cost Of Obtaining An International Passport In Nigeria? by abraolas1: 12:33pm On Jan 05, 2021
Sunkyapogee:
Back door is 27k in uyo.. No stress, no queue, you get it after 7 working days.. I did mine last month.. I no dey japa na my work need am..

Currently in Uyo ...How can you help me with this ....i will appreciate if you can

Thanks
Re: What's The Cost Of Obtaining An International Passport In Nigeria? by Nehyooh(m): 1:59pm On Jan 05, 2021
lagdmark:
which visa?, so Nigeria immigration services have started processing visa applications in 2021.
I was only asking the length of years from those that did their own last year.
Re: What's The Cost Of Obtaining An International Passport In Nigeria? by ObongIdeas: 3:49pm On Jan 05, 2021
abimic:

Nice one, you did yours in Lagos?
Yes, at Alausa passport office
Re: What's The Cost Of Obtaining An International Passport In Nigeria? by ObongIdeas: 3:52pm On Jan 05, 2021
Kennydoc:

How come you paid 55k? I applied online on Nigerian Immigration Service website in November and they stated 70k there, which was what I paid.
I can't explain that
Re: What's The Cost Of Obtaining An International Passport In Nigeria? by raphy(m): 5:45pm On Jan 05, 2021
BigDawsNet:

Na so he take easy

Abi you won follow french legion route?

French legion where u hear that name?

Unless Na Libya side u de talk about.

Me Na sharp guy I knw all the route to Europe from Africa.
Re: What's The Cost Of Obtaining An International Passport In Nigeria? by vivaciousvivi(f): 7:28pm On Jan 05, 2021
Richnero:
I need to know the cost and requirements of obtaining an international passport in Nigeria as well as the time it will take to get it.
I paid N32k Dec 2019 and recieved it in March 2020.
This was passport office in Alausa in ikeja and I went through a Customs man someone recommended for me o.

edo3:
I have a passport of 2006,, is it renewable and if yes,, how much?
. Even if it were a 10yr passport it has expired and needs to be renewed for sure.
Re: What's The Cost Of Obtaining An International Passport In Nigeria? by ericmor: 7:29pm On Jan 05, 2021
Richnero:
Thanks. But I need to know the current price.

30k but if u need fast one I got a guguru defence that can do that
Re: What's The Cost Of Obtaining An International Passport In Nigeria? by ericmor: 7:29pm On Jan 05, 2021
vivaciousvivi:

I paid N32k Dec 2019 and recieved it in March 2020.
This was passpirt office in Alausa in ikeja a.d I went through a Customs man someone recommended for me.

Haha! Watin happen nau?
Re: What's The Cost Of Obtaining An International Passport In Nigeria? by ericmor: 7:32pm On Jan 05, 2021
abraolas1:

Currently in Uyo ...How can you help me with this ....i will appreciate if you can

Thanks

Is easier in those state, even Oshogbo no queue and is cheap there too

1 Like

Re: What's The Cost Of Obtaining An International Passport In Nigeria? by vivaciousvivi(f): 7:33pm On Jan 05, 2021
ericmor:

Haha! Watin happen nau?
No booklet o!
Re: What's The Cost Of Obtaining An International Passport In Nigeria? by justwise(m): 8:39pm On Jan 05, 2021

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9)

Guys Smash Cars In Road Rage At Ajah (Video, Photos) / Boat Carrying 200 Passengers Break Into 2 In River Niger, Many Feared Dead / Commuters Stranded As Flood Takes Over Obafemi Awolowo Way In Ikeja, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.